A Simple Reason For Believing The Pre-Tribulation Rapture

No opposing arguments allowed

A Simple Reason For Believing The Pre-Tribulation Rapture

Postby Keeping Alert on Sun May 10, 2015 4:18 pm

I was reading the geneaology in Genesis 5 and Enoch jumped up...

He was the son of Jared and was the father of Methuselah who was the father of Lamech who was the father of Noah...

Enoch was not only the first to be raptured but in Jude 14-15... He was probably the first to prophesy about the coming of Jesus Christ with ten thousands of his saints!

Noah experienced the first Worldwide Destruction...

But Enoch was raptured before that...

If the Law of First Mention holds true, then I think it is clear what happens... Those who "walk with God" are raptured BEFORE the Great Tribulation comes

Interestingly (to me) Enoch lived for 365 years... God chose to take him away at this age... The church is made up of predominantly Gentiles which uses the 365-day calendar... Hmmm... Probably reading too much into it but interesting for me nonetheless :grin:

God bless! Keep looking Up!
Now is my soul troubled; and what shall I say? Father, save me from this hour: but for this cause came I unto this hour.

πατερ δοξασον σου το ονομα
Father, glorify thy name.

Whether therefore ye eat, or drink, or whatsoever ye do, do all to the glory of God.
Keeping Alert

Re: A Simple Reason For Believing The Pre-Tribulation Rapture

Postby Jericho on Sun May 10, 2015 7:43 pm

Good observation KA. We can find many examples of God's own being spared His judgments. Noah, Lot, and the Jews living in Goshen are the obvious ones. There are also some less obvious typologies too. I wrote about a few of them if your are interested http://www.fulfilledprophecy.com/discussion/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=66273&p=560366&hilit=typologies#p560366
Formerly SwordOfGideon
Jericho

Postby Keeping Alert on Mon May 11, 2015 2:04 am

Thanks Jericho

I find it interesting also that Jude mentions Enoch was seventh from Adam... Why this detail? I believe no word in the bible is without its significance

14 Enoch, the seventh from Adam, prophesied about these men: "See, the Lord is coming with thousands upon thousands of his holy ones

Well, I can only guess but seven is the number of divine perfection or completion.

Well, there is the first Adam and the last Adam... Christ, the Divine Adam if you may...

If that is the typology, then we who are in Christ, can relate back to Enoch who may be typology of Christ... and Enoch was raptured before the Flood...
Now is my soul troubled; and what shall I say? Father, save me from this hour: but for this cause came I unto this hour.

Whether therefore ye eat, or drink, or whatsoever ye do, do all to the glory of God.
Keeping Alert

Postby Keeping Alert on Thu May 21, 2015 11:39 pm

Good to know just a while ago from another thread here that both Enoch and Noah were taken up probably on the same day...

Keeping Alert

Postby christian_m0mmy on Sat Jun 20, 2015 4:19 am

I thought that Enoch was taken up before the flood?
Col 2:6 Therefore as you have received Christ Jesus the Lord, so walk in Him

Col 2:6 You have accepted Christ Jesus as your Lord. Now keep on following him.
christian_m0mmy

Postby Ready1 on Mon Jun 22, 2015 12:39 pm

Gen 5:22 And Enoch walked with God after he begat Methuselah three hundred years, and begat sons and daughters:
Gen 5:23 And all the days of Enoch were three hundred sixty and five years:
Gen 5:24 And Enoch walked with God: and he was not; for God took him.
Gen 5:25 And Methuselah lived an hundred eighty and seven years, and begat Lamech:
Gen 5:26 And Methuselah lived after he begat Lamech seven hundred eighty and two years, and begat sons and daughters:
Gen 5:27 And all the days of Methuselah were nine hundred sixty and nine years: and he died.
Gen 5:28 And Lamech lived an hundred eighty and two years, and begat a son:
Gen 5:29 And he called his name Noah, saying, This same shall comfort us concerning our work and toil of our hands, because of the ground which the LORD hath cursed.
Gen 5:30 And Lamech lived after he begat Noah five hundred ninety and five years, and begat sons and daughters:
Gen 5:31 And all the days of Lamech were seven hundred seventy and seven years: and he died.
Gen 5:32 And Noah was five hundred years old: and Noah begat Shem, Ham, and Japheth.

Enoch was Noah's Great Granddaddy: Enoch Methuselah Lamech Noah
Just observing.

E.
Ready1

Postby Jay Ross on Fri Jul 03, 2015 12:28 am

christian_m0mmy wrote:I thought that Enoch was taken up before the flood?

If the Flood was in the year 1656 After Adam's creation and Enoch was taken up in the year 987 AA, then he was taken up 669 years before the flood began, and before God checked up on the behaviour of mankind after the end of God's Sabbath Day of rest. But that is how I see it.
Jay Ross

Return to Pre-trib view only