WHY THE RAPTURE ON ROSH HASHANA

No opposing arguments allowed

WHY THE RAPTURE ON ROSH HASHANA

Postby lookup on Fri Jul 08, 2011 5:31 pm

To me this article speaks of the rapture throughout the old testament and why it has to be around the time of ROSH HASHANA THE HIGH HOLY DAYS. AND it's very clear as to why no man knows the day or the hour. You will love how well this article flows and how it makes perfect sense.

Jewish tradition holds that Rosh Hashanah celebrates the anniversary of the creation of the world, a day when “God takes stock of all of His Creation,” which of course includes all of humanity. Translated from the Hebrew, Rosh Hashanah means “head of the year” – rosh means head, while hashanah means year. Jews believe that God’s judgment on this day determines the course of the coming year.

http://www.unsealed.org/2011/06/rapture-on-rosh-hashana.html
“Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walks about, seeking whom he may devour” 1 Pet. 5:8

<><
lookup

Re: WHY THE RAPTURE ON ROSH HASHANA

Postby Resurrection Torchlight on Fri Jul 08, 2011 6:34 pm

Jewish tradition holds that Rosh Hashanah celebrates the anniversary of the creation of the world, a day when “God takes stock of all of His Creation,” which of course includes all of humanity. Translated from the Hebrew, Rosh Hashanah means “head of the year” – rosh means head, while hashanah means year. Jews believe that God’s judgment on this day determines the course of the coming year.

I think we need to be careful when it comes to Jewish tradition:

Matthew 15:1-14
1 Then some Pharisees and scribes came to Jesus from Jerusalem and said,
2 “Why do Your disciples break the tradition of the elders? For they do not wash their hands when they eat bread.”
3 And He answered and said to them, “Why do you yourselves transgress the commandment of God for the sake of your tradition?
4 “For God said, ‘Honor your father and mother,’ and, ‘He who speaks evil of father or mother is to be put to death.’
5 “But you say, ‘Whoever says to his father or mother, “Whatever I have that would help you has been given to God,”
6 he is not to honor his father or his mother.’ And by this you invalidated the word of God for the sake of your tradition.
7 “You hypocrites, rightly did Isaiah prophesy of you:
8 ‘This people honors Me with their lips,
But their heart is far away from Me.
9 ‘But in vain do they worship Me,
Teaching as doctrines the precepts of men.’ ”
10 After Jesus called the crowd to Him, He said to them, “Hear and understand.
11 “It is not what enters into the mouth that defiles the man, but what proceeds out of the mouth, this defiles the man.”
12 Then the disciples came and said to Him, “Do You know that the Pharisees were offended when they heard this statement?”
13 But He answered and said, “Every plant which My heavenly Father did not plant shall be uprooted.
14 “Let them alone; they are blind guides of the blind. And if a blind man guides a blind man, both will fall into a pit.”

Much of what is practiced as tradition by today's Jews is not based on scripture. I am not saying that the rapture couldn't happen on the feast of trumpets- it could. But to base the idea on current Judaic practice is like following the blind leader.

For instance the scriptural start of the new year fell after Tabernacles (also known as the feast of the in-gathering) not the feast of trumpets.

Deuteronomy 31:10
10 Then Moses commanded them, saying, “At the end of every seven years, at the time of the year of remission of debts, at the Feast of Booths,

Deuteronomy 15:1
1 “At the end of every seven years you shall grant a remission of debts.

Exodus 23:15-17
15 “You shall observe the Feast of Unleavened Bread; for seven days you are to eat unleavened bread, as I commanded you, at the appointed time in the month Abib, for in it you came out of Egypt. And none shall appear before Me empty-handed.
16 “Also you shall observe the Feast of the Harvest of the first fruits of your labors from what you sow in the field; also the Feast of the Ingathering at the end of the year when you gather in the fruit of your labors from the field.
17 “Three times a year all your males shall appear before the Lord God.

Interesting that Tabernacles is the feast of Ingathering- when the harvest is gathered and the rapture is an "ingathering" as well- though I would not be dogmatic and am only specualting, but I think tabernacles could also be a possibility for a future rapture.

2 Thessalonians 2:1
1 Now we request you, brethren, with regard to the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ and our gathering together to Him,

RT
Resurrection Torchlight

Postby lookup on Fri Jul 08, 2011 9:14 pm

Thanks RT, I have always thought it was the feast of Tabernacles myself because that is a major teaching at Calvary Chapel too where I got most my teaching. Even with that not being too far off in the future, I tend to get disappointed because I want or should I say, I'm expecting Jesus to come for us any minute now.

With that said, this does put some new light on the mystery of our being snatched away. It's got to be soon and I'm HOPING BIG TIME that it's this year as there are only 7 years of that generation left. The pieces are coming together the prophecies of Jesus, John, Daniel and the rest of the big guns are coming to pass so fast my head is spinning.

Best regards, Tom
“Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walks about, seeking whom he may devour” 1 Pet. 5:8

<><
lookup

Postby Resurrection Torchlight on Sat Jul 09, 2011 11:02 am

With that said, this does put some new light on the mystery of our being snatched away. It's got to be soon and I'm HOPING BIG TIME that it's this year as there are only 7 years of that generation left. The pieces are coming together the prophecies of Jesus, John, Daniel and the rest of the big guns are coming to pass so fast my head is spinning.

I agree, things do seem to be lining up, though I suppose that all those who came before us might have felt the same way. Still I am with you- hoping that any day now we might be caught up together with Him in the clouds.

RT
Resurrection Torchlight

Return to Pre-trib view only