revised pre trib view- explained

No opposing arguments allowed

Re: revised pre trib view- explained

Postby GodsStudent on Wed Mar 25, 2020 11:30 am

It's funny. In the past, I have been "sure!" that things couldn't get any worse and we were on the brink of the rapture. Through years of thinking this, I have become tempered, believing things have to get really bad, worse than I can imagine. Now that we are seeing what I believe is worse than I could have imagined, I am really resistant to thinking we are close.....I have become triggered so many times that I don't want to get my hopes up again.....and am just watching now, without putting my emotions into it so much.

Is this it, or is this like some of the other pandemics in history (Spanish flu, Black Plague, etc)?

I am trying to figure out what is being done behind the scenes that we have no idea about....that's called conspiracy thinking....something I try to avoid, but lately....I am conservatively suspicious......
GodsStudent
Supporting Member

Postby Jericho on Wed Mar 25, 2020 12:40 pm

GodsStudent wrote:It's funny. In the past, I have been "sure!" that things couldn't get any worse and we were on the brink of the rapture. Through years of thinking this, I have become tempered, believing things have to get really bad, worse than I can imagine. Now that we are seeing what I believe is worse than I could have imagined, I am really resistant to thinking we are close.....I have become triggered so many times that I don't want to get my hopes up again.....and am just watching now, without putting my emotions into it so much.

Is this it, or is this like some of the other pandemics in history (Spanish flu, Black Plague, etc)?

I am trying to figure out what is being done behind the scenes that we have no idea about....that's called conspiracy thinking....something I try to avoid, but lately....I am conservatively suspicious......

I can't say how soon the rapture is, but I suppose those going through the black plague would have wondered the same thing. Every generation it seems has something to deal with. For the previous generation it was two world wars and living under the threat of nuclear annihilation, for us it's this. But I do think, however, we are headed toward the events that Revelation speaks of and it could very well happen within our lifetime.

As for this situation we are experiencing now, the way I see it the media created such a frenzy over this that people panicked and it snowballed from there. Then the governing authorities felt had to do something and reacted without really thinking things through, and the herd mentality took over. Now we have a situation where people are trying to take advantage of the situation to push their globalist agendas. We are in a very precarious place right now where anything could happen.
Formerly SwordOfGideon
Jericho

Postby Resurrection Torchlight on Wed Mar 25, 2020 1:27 pm

We are all focused primarily on trying to function in this crisis, trying to get through it with as much normalcy as we can, but every so often when I sit and think about the big picture, I am completely stunned by the scope of this thing. There literally has not been anything like it on earth ever! Even during the black plague and the Spanish flu, the whole world didn't hit the pause button. One of the reasons why is that we have this thing called the internet, which connects us all globally. We also have much more global travel which causes the disease to spread so rapidly and uncontrollably.

None of us can say whether or not these events will lead to the fulfillment of prophecy, the thought of standing before the throne of God someday very soon is both exciting and scary, in the awesome sense of the word. I guess I look at it through the lens of that dream I had too, which is coming true before my eyes, and I have to wonder how close we are to seeing fulfillment.

RT
Resurrection Torchlight

Postby mark s on Thu Mar 26, 2020 11:24 am

Resurrection Torchlight wrote:We are all focused primarily on trying to function in this crisis, trying to get through it with as much normalcy as we can, but every so often when I sit and think about the big picture, I am completely stunned by the scope of this thing. There literally has not been anything like it on earth ever! Even during the black plague and the Spanish flu, the whole world didn't hit the pause button. One of the reasons why is that we have this thing called the internet, which connects us all globally. We also have much more global travel which causes the disease to spread so rapidly and uncontrollably.

None of us can say whether or not these events will lead to the fulfillment of prophecy, the thought of standing before the throne of God someday very soon is both exciting and scary, in the awesome sense of the word. I guess I look at it through the lens of that dream I had too, which is coming true before my eyes, and I have to wonder how close we are to seeing fulfillment.

RT

Hi RT,

Yes, big picture time . . .

Systems and people are being tested, some will break, some will discover new strength.

Parents are seeing their children's school curiculum in some cases for the first time as schools adopt online lessons.

Families are cooped up together. Some will abuse their children more, others will rediscover family.

Life is slowwed down tremendously, and many may find that they like it.

Churches are purged of members. Those who return may be more of those who are serious. Maybe the not so serious, having stopped, won't see the reason to return.

Smaller ministry groups will likely become more common, resulting in a more rounded ministry from the Holy Spirit.

We may think a little more about what we spend our money on.

I suspect there will be an awful lot of re-evaluation of a great many things, and this may bring much needed societal improvement.

One can hope, anyway!

Much love!
ειπεν αυτη ο ιησους εγω ειμι η αναστασις και η ζωη ο πιστευων εις εμε καν αποθανη ζησεται
. . . saying to her Jesus, I AM the resurrection and the life, the one believing into Me even dying shall live . . .
mark s

Previous

Return to Pre-trib view only