Month of May

No opposing arguments allowed

Month of May

Postby mrgravyard49 on Sun Apr 29, 2018 3:39 pm

I have long thought of the church age as a circle. The beginning with Peter and Co. the end on Pentecost. Hoping and praying I was wrong and to be home lots sooner. But,, 1948- 2018=70 years.. Could this be it?? Could we be going home in 3 weeks?? We shall see.....
https://www.breakingisraelnews.com/1067 ... ts-in-may/
mrgravyard49

Re: Month of May

Postby extravagantchristian on Sun Apr 29, 2018 4:04 pm

May 14 1948 is the date Israel became a nation, right?

I think God is purposeful in what he does and it's possible that something could happen on that date.
Matthew 1:22
So all this was done that it might be fulfilled which was spoken by the Lord through the prophets
extravagantchristian

Postby shorttribber on Sun Apr 29, 2018 8:26 pm

extravagantchristian wrote:May 14 1948 is the date Israel became a nation, right?

I think God is purposeful in what he does and it's possible that something could happen on that date.

I hope so....rapture or whatever....I'm hoping for something very serious from God....that the whole world will stop and pay attention to!
The Wisest men have changed their Counsels and Resolves upon second thoughts, much more upon experience, and approaching evils not at first discovered. Rev. Herbert Croft, 1675

Where no counsel is, the people fall: but in the multitude of counsellors there is safety.

Find seven years of tribulation plainly stated in the Bible.
shorttribber

Postby mrgravyard49 on Mon Apr 30, 2018 2:36 pm

Well after today with Bibi's proof about Iran, I am now convinced by June 1 the rapture, Ezekiel 38 and Isaiah will happen. If not then I am done, no more watching Bible prophecy for me.
mrgravyard49

Postby extravagantchristian on Mon Apr 30, 2018 2:48 pm

I expect something to happen within the next year or so. I would be surprised if the Russian and Iranian military build up in Syria didn't result in prophecy fulfilled. Damascus is just barely hanging on now so, will they continue to deteriorate or return to normal? It all seems to be leading up to something.
Matthew 1:22
So all this was done that it might be fulfilled which was spoken by the Lord through the prophets
extravagantchristian

Postby shorttribber on Mon Apr 30, 2018 7:51 pm

mrgravyard49 wrote:Well after today with Bibi's proof about Iran, I am now convinced by June 1 the rapture, Ezekiel 38 and Isaiah will happen. If not then I am done, no more watching Bible prophecy for me.

Don't go there....gotta keep paying attention...no matter what.

We're all feeling worn out with the many things that just seem to drag on and on...but we can't quit! We can't let each other quit either.
Even if we need to drag each other across the finish line by the scruff of the neck...by God's grace and power, we're all going to finish this race!
The Wisest men have changed their Counsels and Resolves upon second thoughts, much more upon experience, and approaching evils not at first discovered. Rev. Herbert Croft, 1675

Where no counsel is, the people fall: but in the multitude of counsellors there is safety.

shorttribber

Postby shorttribber on Mon Apr 30, 2018 7:53 pm

extravagantchristian wrote:I expect something to happen within the next year or so. I would be surprised if the Russian and Iranian military build up in Syria didn't result in prophecy fulfilled. Damascus is just barely hanging on now so, will they continue to deteriorate or return to normal? It all seems to be leading up to something.

I hear ya, and would be just as satisfied to be a pretribber with ya'll if God has it that way!

shorttribber

Postby 1whowaits on Mon Apr 30, 2018 8:38 pm

At Pentecost the church received the Holy Spirit but they also spoke in Gentile tongues to people who would take the message back to the Gentile nations from which they came. Israel had hardened her heart against God and rejected Jesus, so the message went to the Gentiles, the time of the Gentiles began.

Paul stated that Israel's heart would be hardened until the full number of the Gentiles came in, likely meaning the full number of years of turning to the Gentiles, the time of the Gentiles will be fulfilled. Presumably God would then turn back to Israel and soften Israel's heart, and Israel would begin her return to the Lord.

It could be that the time of turning to God for Israel, the time of Israel, would coincide with the event marking the beginning and possibly the ending of the time of the Gentiles, Pentecost or the Feast of Weeks. The final 'Week' for Israel begins at the celebration of the countdown of the 'weeks', the time of the Gentiles ends, the time of Israel begins.

I believe the depiction of the Prodigal Son is a future picture of Israel and Christians, the other offspring. Israel, the prodigal, is now feeding at the trough, but soon will come to his senses and return to the Father, although the return may take a long journey. Christians are the elder brother, still working in the fields. How might some Christians respond when the prodigal returns and is blessed by the Father, while they continue to work in the fields in times of great difficulty?
1whowaits

Postby shorttribber on Mon Apr 30, 2018 9:42 pm

1whowaits wrote:I believe the depiction of the Prodigal Son is a future picture of Israel and Christians, the other offspring. Israel, the prodigal, is now feeding at the trough, but soon will come to his senses and return to the Father, although the return may take a long journey. Christians are the elder brother, still working in the fields. How might some Christians respond when the prodigal returns and is blessed by the Father, while they continue to work in the fields in times of great difficulty?

I think you would really enjoy this book....

I think you would love this book...originally printed in 1683. The link will allow you to read one printed in 1700. The author clearly lays out the defense for Israel being restored and Not Cast off and Utterly replaced by the Gentile Church.

Really an enjoyable read.

the author writes regarding exactly what you have said above, almost the very same as I remember it. just what you have said above.

https://babel.hathitrust.org/cgi/pt?id= ... =1up;seq=7

OOPs, that's not the book that I meant....I think I was referring to Ven's Essays on Bible Prophecy.... Never mind

:mrgreen:

shorttribber

Postby Jericho on Mon Apr 30, 2018 10:41 pm

I have long thought of the church age as a circle. The beginning with Peter and Co. the end on Pentecost. Hoping and praying I was wrong and to be home lots sooner. But,, 1948- 2018=70 years.. Could this be it?? Could we be going home in 3 weeks?? We shall see.....

I wouldn't put a date on it, and I suspect it will happen when nobody is expecting it. I do think Israel is represented by the fig tree, but the question is did the countdown start in 1948, or did it start in 1967 with the capture of Jerusalem? Also, a generation in Psalm could range anywhere from 70 and 80 years.

I believe the depiction of the Prodigal Son is a future picture of Israel and Christians, the other offspring. Israel, the prodigal, is now feeding at the trough, but soon will come to his senses and return to the Father, although the return may take a long journey. Christians are the elder brother, still working in the fields. How might some Christians respond when the prodigal returns and is blessed by the Father, while they continue to work in the fields in times of great difficulty?

I have made a similar analogy before as well. The Christian response will depend on their attitudes toward the Jews. Given the increase in replacement theology and antisemitism that I see, some hearts will become hardened like Pharaoh's. I believe though they have always been blessed to a certain degree. Mark Twain said it best:

"If the statistics are right, the Jews constitute but one quarter of one percent of the human race. It suggests a nebulous puff of star dust lost in the blaze of the Milky Way. Properly, the Jew ought hardly to be heard of, but he is heard of, has always been heard of. He is as prominent on the planet as any other people, and his importance is extravagantly out of proportion to the smallness of his bulk.

His contributions to the world’s list of great names in literature, science, art, music, finance, medicine and abstruse learning are also very out of proportion to the weakness of his numbers. He has made a marvelous fight in this world in all ages; and has done it with his hands tied behind him. He could be vain of himself and be excused for it. The Egyptians, the Babylonians and the Persians rose, filled the planet with sound and splendor, then faded to dream-stuff and passed away; the Greeks and Romans followed and made a vast noise, and they were gone; other people have sprung up and held their torch high for a time but it burned out, and they sit in twilight now, and have vanished.

The Jew saw them all, survived them all, and is now what he always was, exhibiting no decadence, no infirmaties, of age, no weakening of his parts, no slowing of his energies, no dulling of his alert but aggressive mind. All things are mortal but the Jews; all other forces pass, but he remains. What is the secret of his immortality?" - September 1897
Last edited by Jericho on Mon Apr 30, 2018 10:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Formerly SwordOfGideon
Jericho

Postby shorttribber on Mon Apr 30, 2018 10:48 pm

Jericho wrote: I do think Israel is represented by the fig tree, but the question is did the countdown start in 1948, or did it start in 1967 with the capture of Jerusalem?

Seems to be a reasonable thing to consider.
Jericho wrote:Also, a generation in Psalm could range anywhere between 70 and 80 years.

I didn't know that, could you explain that further please?

shorttribber

Postby Jericho on Mon Apr 30, 2018 11:01 pm

shorttribber wrote:
Jericho wrote: I do think Israel is represented by the fig tree, but the question is did the countdown start in 1948, or did it start in 1967 with the capture of Jerusalem?

Jericho wrote:Also, a generation in Psalm could range anywhere between 70 and 80 years.

I'm just referring to Psalm 90:10 which describes the average human lifespan of 70 to 80 years:

Our days may come to seventy years, or eighty, if our strength endures; yet the best of them are but trouble and sorrow, for they quickly pass, and we fly away.

Of course as with everything else there is not a general consensus. Some people have said a generation is 40 years, some have said 120 years, etc.
Formerly SwordOfGideon
Jericho

Postby shorttribber on Mon Apr 30, 2018 11:41 pm

Jericho wrote:
shorttribber wrote:

I'm just referring to Psalm 90:10 which describes the average human lifespan of 70 to 80 years:

Our days may come to seventy years, or eighty, if our strength endures; yet the best of them are but trouble and sorrow, for they quickly pass, and we fly away.

Of course as with everything else there is not a general consensus. Some people have said a generation is 40 years, some have said 120 years, etc.

Ok, thank you. :grin:

shorttribber

Postby Ready1 on Tue May 01, 2018 10:24 am

mgraveyard49 wrote:Well after today with Bibi's proof about Iran, I am now convinced by June 1 the rapture, Ezekiel 38 and Isaiah will happen. If not then I am done, no more watching Bible prophecy for me.

I think that the fact that we try to put a timetable on God is part of the reason why the world at large holds Christians in derision. I personally believe that we are in the last minutes of the last hours of the last days. Don't stop watching now. It is more important than ever. Do stop trying to set up a timetable for God! :grin: :grin:
Just observing.

E.
Ready1

Postby Ready1 on Tue May 01, 2018 10:26 am

Probably the last seconds of the last minutes of the last hours of the last days. :grin: :grin:
Just observing.

E.
Ready1

Postby mrgravyard49 on Sun May 06, 2018 4:30 pm

Well after what has happened this week ...WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
How anyone can think we are not in the end times ,, well they need help..
By June the world will NOT be anywhere near the same as it has been.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JDEfKMDzVJM
mrgravyard49

Return to Pre-trib view only