Surviving The Great Tribulation

Where anyone can ask or answer a question.

Surviving The Great Tribulation

Postby Mr Baldy on Sun Jan 17, 2021 7:00 am

Good Day -

I wanted to pose a question regarding the Great Tribulation that occurs approximately 3.5 years prior to the Return of Christ. My question is, for those who are alive during this epic era in time - how do you "think" you will survive?

First, I want to begin by providing a bit of a background regarding myself. I served in the US Navy and was honorably discharged, then I became a police officer and I retired after approximately 27 years of service. In my experiences, I've learned there is no doubt that God is in Control of absolutely Everything - whether we want to accept it or not. I further believe that God absolutely provides and protects those who will inherit Eternal Life. He further places them in various times; places; and events to carryout His ultimate Sovereign Plan - that being His Will.

Over my life span, I developed a sense to observe human behavior. It's truly amazing. I guess what amazes me the most about human behavior is mans desire to follow others like sheep being led astray. To copy or mimic what others do; say or speak; or believe just because they appear to be a certain way; or have a certain level of so-called intelligence; a level of charisma; and lets not leave out beauty. Yes, there are those who follow people because they have a certain level of physical attraction.

Now, I want to qualify what I am saying - as I am in no way trying to come off as a Subject Matter Expert on human behavior, or a "know it all" - just sharing what I have experienced, in my efforts to better my walk with Christ. I also want to say one of the best books I've read (that's has also shaped my thinking) is "Man's Search For Meaning" by Viktore E. Frankl. Also movies like: "The Boy in the Striped Pajamas" and " Schindler's List." Those two movies are just a few that relate to the subject of this Thread - although The Boy in the Striped Pajamas was not widely received as being factual by holocausts survivors. It tells a fascinating story!

We live in an era of uncertainty - but truth of the matter is, each day we live is uncertain. Most of us don't know when we're going to die. The United States just recently had a leader that so many chose to follow - and dare I say even worship. Some were following this leader to so-call restore order to a country in their minds were being taken over by those who don't hold Judeo-Christian values. Instead of Trusting in our Savior, who said things like what we observed would happen (and will continue to happen) until His Return - they chose to follow a man; the lies; the deception; and sower of discord among the brethren (Proverbs 6:12-14) - and attempt to place a Savior in the White House (metaphorically speaking). For the Believer, the Country doesn't need to be saved - men's souls do - and we must Trust the Saviors Will - will absolutely be done. America may currently be the leader in the Free World - but this idea that it is Americas responsibility to save the Universe is nonsensical - and could further be challenged by others who reside on this planet.

An example of those who follow would be what I just recently observed. I was at a local hospital where the Covid-19 vaccine was being distributed. I was not there to receive the vaccine; however, I was asked a question by an elderly gentleman who was reading a pamphlet that was provided to him. He asked whether or not the verbiage written on the pamphlet was accurate? It stated the Pfizer vaccine was not FDA approved. I informed the man that it had indeed not been. He stated to me - (in the form of a question) - "why am I standing in this line then?" He went on to say: "Wow people are rushing in to get this vaccine like herds of cattle." And "like sheep being led to the slaughter."

The elderly man, whom I would guess was about 80 years old - then departed as he neared closer to the front of the line. There were thousands of people there. As I chuckled to myself, I thought …..wow, this man took the time to read the material, and made a decision based on the facts he had gathered. I thought about his experience, and internally I said to myself "most people are just followers and very few research, or have an original idea." I respect that man wholeheartedly for making a sound decision. Whether he's right or not - well, I guess that can be debatable.

As we approach the Great Tribulation - I feel things will be somewhat similar. Many will not research what's really going on - they will rely on the information of others. Remember the warning Jesus gave? He said if someone tells you the Messiah is over there, or in this place or that - do not believe him. (Matthew 24:23)

Many will line up to receive the Mark of the Beast in order to live and maintain their stand of living. They won't be willing to make sacrifices and deal with suffering and/or persecution as you seen in the aforementioned movies I mentioned.

So, if you are living during that time - how will you attempt to survive? I tell you most won't. Will you try to store food, ammo, weapons, water, clothing? That won't work either. Whatever Government is in place, they will absolutely rule just about every aspect of your life. People are basically giving them a fingerprint of their lives by posting their whole life history on Social Media - not even considering why Social Media is "Free" to join. Yes, the power of the evil spiritual forces - which is being delegated to evil men are at work in this Fallen World.

So how will you survive during that time?
Mr Baldy

Re: Surviving The Great Tribulation

Postby Ready1 on Sun Jan 17, 2021 10:03 am

Although the emphasis was a little different, the following thread dealt with at least part of your question. My "quick and dirty" answer is that it is my belief that most will not survive physical death.

Discussion This may be good for reference.
Last edited by Ready1 on Sun Jan 17, 2021 10:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
Just observing.

E.
Ready1

Postby Ready1 on Sun Jan 17, 2021 10:12 am

Mr Baldy wrote: People are basically giving them a fingerprint of their lives by posting their whole life history on Social Media - not even considering why Social Media is "Free" to join.

I saw a comment awhile back that went something like this:
"If a service is free to you, and someone else is paying for it (i.e. advertizers), then YOU are the product."
Just observing.

E.
Ready1

Postby Mark F on Sun Jan 17, 2021 6:33 pm

My reading of Revelation is that virtually no Christians would survive, if in fact they are here during that time.
Mark

All Scripture from NKJV

Edited for a friend.
Mark F

Postby slick on Mon Jan 18, 2021 3:35 am

Hello Gang,

Mark F
My reading of Revelation is that virtually no Christians would survive,

MARK 13:19-20
"For those days will be a [time of] tribulation such as has not occurred since the beginning of the creation which God created until now, and never will.
"Unless the Lord had shortened [those] days, no life would have been saved; but for the sake of the elect, whom He chose, He shortened the days.

So Your thoughts are correct but ,GOD THROUGH JESUS DOES intervene and put a stop to the great trib.

2 THESS 2:8
Then that lawless one will be revealed whom the Lord will slay with the breath of His mouth and bring to an end by the appearance of His coming;

Mr Baldy

its funny that you should bring up how gullible and ready people are to fall into the TRAP OF "HERO WORSHIP" and look for a savior everyplace but where the true one is!!! false hopes set on MAN... My Kids and I were talking the other day, one of things we discussed was How I used to read the prophetic scriptures dealing with AC and FALSE prophet and wonder how he would get the world citizens to swear allegiance to him... I DONT WONDER ANY MORE!!! they will flock to him wholeheartedly and in MASSES...

Good thread!!!
Clarence
slick

Postby Mr Baldy on Mon Jan 18, 2021 8:30 am

slick wrote:Mr Baldy its funny that you should bring up how gullible and ready people are to fall into the TRAP OF "HERO WORSHIP" and look for a savior everyplace but where the true one is!!! false hopes set on MAN... My Kids and I were talking the other day, one of things we discussed was How I used to read the prophetic scriptures dealing with AC and FALSE prophet and wonder how he would get the world citizens to swear allegiance to him... I DONT WONDER ANY MORE!!! they will flock to him wholeheartedly and in MASSES...

Hi Clarence

Thanks for understanding the meaning of this Thread. I just simply hope believers will just pause - take a deep breath; and observe what's really going on. Recognize we are living in a Fallen World - and this is not our home. It's a spiritual boot camp to learn if we're going to make it to the next phase - that being Heaven. Our Eternity depends on it.

I don't know how many have noticed the chaos when "things happen" outside of the norm. People look for answers; some panic; some do things they wouldn't otherwise do - and it leads to their demise. They lack understanding. So we have to be mentally, physically, and emotionally prepared. Jesus told us what would happen as the Tribulation approaches. He didn't say look for a "man" to save you from the troubles of the World. My fear is for the Elderly, the young, and the uninformed. Yes - they will follow Antichrist. People just don't know what to do in times of trouble. Even when many were standing in line to get the Covid-19 vaccine, they weren't practicing Social Distancing. Those that created that chaos in our Nations Capitol were also not thinking properly - they were acting on "EMOTIONS" and a "Cult of Personality" type mentality. Human behavior without Christ absolutely scares me.

I'm doing a lot of preaching here - but I haven't mentioned my plan......LOL

If I were alive and we were in the Great Tribulation period the first thing I would do (other than continuous prayer) is to "keep moving." I would travel with my family, and keep it very light. I would not store anything more than I can carry on my back. I mean like: food; weapons; ammo; water. I learned a lot of things watching the homeless as a street cop.

I've seen them rob each other; stab or cut each other; fight; steal food - and get extremely territorial. I would not go to a "tent city" or shelter - I'd just simply keep moving with my family. That being by vehicle as long as I could - then by foot. I'd search for a place of hiding (if that were possible) and I'd try to stay away from as many people as I can to avoid problems - unless they were fellow believers. Even then I would be careful of very large gatherings.

For those who think they would build a fortress perhaps in their own homes - had better be careful. If you think you're not being tracked by the amount of food; ammo; weapons; and even water you purchase - you're sadly mistaken. The Government will just come and seize everything you've worked hard for. So my recommendation, if you're alive during that time is to keep moving to various places; states - or even the mountains if you can find a safe place.

We're moving towards the Great Tribulation at a rapid pace. Don't think what you've seen happen recently at the Capitol has ended. There are fanatics everywhere who do things in what they believe is in the name of God. They absolutely concern me. Scripture tells us to respect the Government (Romans 13) - but put your Faith in Christ and realize we're not of this World, or it's system. Render unto Caesar (Government) unto Caesar - and to God what is Gods. Church and State should be separate because we live in a FALLEN WORLD. They will not be "United" until Christ Returns - when the Government will be upon His Shoulders.

Let's Keep Christ on the Throne!
Mr Baldy

Return to Prophecy Questions/Answers