Post Trib/Pre Wrath view of Protection of Believers

Where anyone can ask or answer a question.

Post Trib/Pre Wrath view of Protection of Believers

Postby Ready1 on Sat Dec 05, 2020 4:42 pm

I would be glad to have the Post Trib/Pre Wrath community share the scriptures that they believe indicate protection by God for believers in the seven years prior to Armageddon. From time to time a comment will come up like the following one, (apologies to shorttribber), which indicate a confidence that the Lord will keep us safe or carry us through this time.

shorttribber wrote:All believers Are Sealed...the 144,000 Will be sealed, but All Other believers Are Sealed AND protected in the same way, by the Same Almighty God! :banana:

As a younger man, I remember the church being compared to Noah's Ark, indicating that if you are a part of the church of the living God, you would be "carried above the destruction". I don't know that anyone has made that argument, but is that similar to what PreWrath or PostTrib would believe? I would appreciate some discussion on this topic and especially scripture to back it up.
Just observing.

E.
Ready1

Re: Post Trib/Pre Wrath view of Protection of Believers

Postby shorttribber on Sat Dec 05, 2020 5:14 pm

Ready1 wrote:I would be glad to have the Post Trib/Pre Wrath community share the scriptures that they believe indicate protection by God for believers in the seven years prior to Armageddon. From time to time a comment will come up like the following one, (apologies to shorttribber), which indicate a confidence that the Lord will keep us safe or carry us through this time.

shorttribber wrote:All believers Are Sealed...the 144,000 Will be sealed, but All Other believers Are Sealed AND protected in the same way, by the Same Almighty God! :banana:

As a younger man, I remember the church being compared to Noah's Ark, indicating that if you are a part of the church of the living God, you would be "carried above the destruction". I don't know that anyone has made that argument, but is that similar to what PreWrath or PostTrib would believe? I would appreciate some discussion on this topic and especially scripture to back it up.

I will be happy to. :grin: I'm quite busy on the Tabernacles thread, but in this thread some of what I post on the other may fit both.
The Wisest men have changed their Counsels and Resolves upon second thoughts, much more upon experience, and approaching evils not at first discovered. Rev. Herbert Croft, 1675

Where no counsel is, the people fall: but in the multitude of counsellors there is safety.

Find seven years of tribulation plainly stated in the Bible.
shorttribber

Postby Jay Ross on Sat Dec 05, 2020 7:47 pm

For those who understand the seven bowl judgements, the order they are recorded in Rev 16 is in the reverse order in which they will happen.

Before we consider the seventh Bowl Judgement, we must understand that the Greek word "Seismos" is better understood to have the meaning of turmoil, and as such, the use of this word is also associated with the turmoils of Wars.

During the last century many wars occurred and in 1926, Babylon was remembered once more by the world when the nation of Iraq was formed and given dominion over the Land of the Chaldeans, i.e. Babylon, as well as in 1948, Jerusalem was divided into three partitions by the UN. Also the cities of the nations around Jerusalem all collapsed into rubble during the fall of the Ottoman Empire, in and around the First World War.

The seventh Bowl judgement was fulfilled during the last century as described in Rev 16:17-21.

Now during my lifetime, we have seen the unfolding of the Sixth Bowl Judgement in part being played out before our very eyes. In 2001 is the month of September on the eleventh day the whole world saw the signs and wonders that were performed by the Three frog like, unclean spirits that went out to the whole world to begin the drawing of the kings of the earth to the still future event that will occur at Armageddon, when the Kings of the earth will be Judged, at the same time as the wicked heavenly hosts in heaven and the judged heavenly hosts and kings of the earth will be imprisoned for many days to await the time of their punishment.

I would suggest that this will occur around 24-25 years from now in line with the the Lesson from the Fig tree as given in Matthew 24:32, when the beginning of the Age of the Great harvest season of the souls of the earth will begin.

What does this indicate to me? That the AoD will not be revealed to the people of the earth until at least 1,024 years from now have pasted.

As one commentator on another forum said, "Move along, move along, nothing here to see at the moment."

Shalom
Jay Ross

Postby shorttribber on Sat Dec 05, 2020 8:00 pm

Jay Ross wrote:For those who understand the seven bowl judgements, the order they are recorded in Rev 16 is in the reverse order in which they will happen.

Before we consider the seventh Bowl Judgement, we must understand that the Greek word "Seismos" is better understood to have the meaning of turmoil, and as such, the use of this word is also associated with the turmoils of Wars.

During the last century many wars occurred and in 1926, Babylon was remembered once more by the world when the nation of Iraq was formed and given dominion over the Land of the Chaldeans, i.e. Babylon, as well as in 1948, Jerusalem was divided into three partitions by the UN. Also the cities of the nations around Jerusalem all collapsed into rubble during the fall of the Ottoman Empire, in and around the First World War.

The seventh Bowl judgement was fulfilled during the last century as described in Rev 16:17-21.

Now during my lifetime, we have seen the unfolding of the Sixth Bowl Judgement in part being played out before our very eyes. In 2001 is the month of September on the eleventh day the whole world saw the signs and wonders that were performed by the Three frog like, unclean spirits that went out to the whole world to begin the drawing of the kings of the earth to the still future event that will occur at Armageddon, when the Kings of the earth will be Judged, at the same time as the wicked heavenly hosts in heaven and the judged heavenly hosts and kings of the earth will be imprisoned for many days to await the time of their punishment.

I would suggest that this will occur around 24-25 years from now in line with the the Lesson from the Fig tree as given in Matthew 24:32, when the beginning of the Age of the Great harvest season of the souls of the earth will begin.

What does this indicate to me? That the AoD will not be revealed to the people of the earth until at least 1,024 years from now have pasted.

As one commentator on another forum said, "Move along, move along, nothing here to see at the moment."

Shalom

I'm not sure if any of what Jay has written above speaks about protection of believers , or the locusts plague.
Be that as it is, I don't believe any bowls have yet been poured out, and I believe the rapture occurs Before they ever do get poured out.
The Wisest men have changed their Counsels and Resolves upon second thoughts, much more upon experience, and approaching evils not at first discovered. Rev. Herbert Croft, 1675

Where no counsel is, the people fall: but in the multitude of counsellors there is safety.

shorttribber

Postby Jay Ross on Sun Dec 06, 2020 1:57 pm

shorttribber wrote:I'm not sure if any of what Jay has written above speaks about protection of believers , or the locusts plague.
Be that as it is, I don't believe any bowls have yet been poured out, and I believe the rapture occurs Before they ever do get poured out.

St, just because you are focused on your personal protection from your perceived fears of what might happen to you personally in the future is your personal phobia, but for me I will worship the Lord and I know that the Lord will not test me beyond my ability to remain faithful to Him.

If the Lord should allow me to die for His Glory to be shown, that should not be my concern as He has promised me that He will Keep me safe, whether I am alive or physically dead, as long as I Love Him and Keep His statutes.

I am secure in my relationship with the Lord and I do not need an escape mechanism like the "Rapture belief" to cause me to press always into the Lord's protection. As I repent of my sins to God and ask Him for His forgiveness, I know that I am not a candidate for the second death at the time of the final judgement.

My protection is keeping in close relationship with God daily confessing my sins.

As for your claim that none of the Bowl judgements have been poured out yet, that is your opinion based on your lack of understanding. The dates of 1948 and 1926, and the turmoil that has occurred during the past 100 plus years with the "hail" that has rained down from the heavens for me confirms that the Seventh Bowl Judgement has occurred. Also 9/11 has confirmed that the Sixth Bowl Judgement is presently unfold as we are posting on this forum with the Kings of the Earth being drawn towards the event that will occur at Armageddon where they will be judged at the same time as the wicked heavenly host are also judged in heaven.

But you need eyes and understanding to be able to see the truth of this matter.

My response to Ready 1 was in reference to his suggestion that Daniel 7:27 would occur during the seven years before the Armageddon event with the inference that the Saints during this time will require God's Protection. He quoted a portion of a post you had made in another thread, which was not based on any scriptural evidence.

Unless we all have God's timeline down pat for the End Times, then we are all blind as to what is happening when.

Shalom
Jay Ross

Postby Ready1 on Sat Dec 12, 2020 9:34 am

Bump. I would still be glad for the scriptures that Post Trib/Pre Wrath use to bolster their belief of the protection of believers during the seven years prior to Armageddon. I still have not seen any and I would really like to. I know that most of us don't have lots of time.
Just observing.

E.
Ready1

Postby shorttribber on Sat Dec 12, 2020 1:00 pm

Ready1 wrote:Bump. I would still be glad for the scriptures that Post Trib/Pre Wrath use to bolster their belief of the protection of believers during the seven years prior to Armageddon. I still have not seen any and I would really like to. I know that most of us don't have lots of time.

Your original question was about protection as to the plague of locust, what they, the locusts could do.
I believe they can't harm believers (sealed in Christ).
As to other protections, it's up to God.
I will list some scriptures hopefully tonight, on my phone now.

shorttribber

Postby Jay Ross on Sat Dec 12, 2020 1:05 pm

Ready1 wrote:Bump. I would still be glad for the scriptures that Post Trib/Pre Wrath use to bolster their belief of the protection of believers during the seven years prior to Armageddon. I still have not seen any and I would really like to. I know that most of us don't have lots of time.

Ready1

If we consider the seven Bowl Judgements, then the first, second, third, fourth and fifth recorded Bowl Judgements, occurs after Rev 13, and the people who have taken Satan's mark, (Rev 16:2b) "and a foul and loathsome sore came upon the men who had the mark of the beast and those who worshiped his image.", yet those who worshipped the Beast and have taken his mark will not repent even though they will experience the first five bowl judgements towards the end of the last age, i.e. the "Millennium" age.

The timing of the Judgement of the nations on the earth at Armageddon and the Wicked fallen heavenly hosts in heaven will occur in the last year or so of this present age, (Isa 24:21-22), with those who are found wanting of the kings of the earth and the heavenly hosts, being gather together and imprisoned in a pit for many days to await their time of punishment.

At the end of this present age following the 2,300 years of the Gentiles trampling the Sanctuary of God and His earthly Hosts, the Israelites, at Armageddon, all of Israel will be saved, and God will gather them to Himself, cleanse them by sprinkling them with water, plant them in the fertile field which Christ owns, where the seeds will yield up to a hundred fold on the head of each plant that grows into maturity, and teach them on the religion that comes down out of heaven a the foundational premise of the religion that grows from this rock to become the highest mountain, i.e. religion, on all of the earth such that by the blood of the saints all of the other mountains, i.e. religions, will be brought low such that they will be washed away into the oceans of the earth such that they will no longer prevail on the earth.

Then after the 1,000 years of imprisonment of the judged kings of the earth and the wicked heavenly host of heaven in the "pit" when the pit will be unlocked for a little while period, Satan, the beast and the false Prophet, will attempt to establish their false religion on the earth, but it to will be overcome by the Blood of Christ and they will be captured during the little while period of the "Millennium Age," and all three will end up in the Lake of First.

It is during this little while period, that the last week of years will occur and Satan will establish his solemn covenant with many at that time but after three and a half years he will break his covenant and bring much hardship upon the earth.

I do not have to establish any scripture to confirm any of the Pre, Mid, Post or Pan or Short Tribulation theology as the scripture clearly tells us that those who are still alive at the end of the last Age will have to press in to God and fully trust Him for His promises to protect them from falling up to the time of Christ's appearance in the heavens with all of the Heavenly Host, where the righteous will rise up to be with the Lord from that point in time onwards.

I am secure in the promises of the Lord, even though Satan brings hoards of his "disciples" against me, I will fear not, even when I am cause to walk through the valley of the second death, God will protect me and bring me into His banqueting hall for all the time after that.

If we do not put our timeline in the order of when they will happen, we will always be searching for how we will be protected and kept safe by God. In other words we will doubt His scriptures and fall away unless we are strong in our faith and belief in Him.

Whether we should suffer of died for His Glory to be see is not ours to fight against because w e know that He will preserve us until the end of the Age of the Ages and into all of Eternity.

Shalom
Jay Ross

Postby Jay Ross on Sat Dec 12, 2020 1:17 pm

Here are some scriptures to consider: -

Rev 9:1-6: - Fifth Trumpet: The Locusts from the Bottomless Pit

9:
1 Then the fifth angel sounded: And I saw a star fallen from heaven to the earth. To him was given the key to the bottomless pit. 2 And he opened the bottomless pit, and smoke arose out of the pit like the smoke of a great furnace. So the sun and the air were darkened because of the smoke of the pit. 3 Then out of the smoke locusts came upon the earth. And to them was given power, as the scorpions of the earth have power. 4 They were commanded not to harm the grass of the earth, or any green thing, or any tree, but only those men who do not have the seal of God on their foreheads. 5 And they were not given authority to kill them, but to torment them for five months. Their torment was like the torment of a scorpion when it strikes a man. 6 In those days men will seek death and will not find it; they will desire to die, and death will flee from them.

And this one: -

Ephesians 1:7-14: - 7 In Him we have redemption through His blood, the forgiveness of sins, according to the riches of His grace 8 which He made to abound toward us in all wisdom and prudence, 9 having made known to us the mystery of His will, according to His good pleasure which He purposed in Himself, 10 that in the dispensation of the fullness of the times He might gather together in one all things in Christ, both which are in heaven and which are on earth — in Him. 11 In Him also we have obtained an inheritance, being predestined according to the purpose of Him who works all things according to the counsel of His will, 12 that we who first trusted in Christ should be to the praise of His glory.

13 In Him you also trusted, after you heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation; in whom also, having believed, you were sealed with the Holy Spirit of promise, 14 who is the guarantee of our inheritance until the redemption of the purchased possession, to the praise of His glory.

Those who believe in Christ, have nothing to fear from the scorpions of Rev 9 as the scriptures tell us.

God's promise is that they will not hurt us who have been sealed with the Holy Spirit of Promise.

Shalom
Jay Ross

Postby Ready1 on Sat Dec 12, 2020 2:01 pm

shorttribber wrote:Your original question was about protection as to the plague of locust, what they, the locusts could do.

Here is a copy of my OP.

Ready1 wrote:I would be glad to have the Post Trib/Pre Wrath community share the scriptures that they believe indicate protection by God for believers in the seven years prior to Armageddon. From time to time a comment will come up like the following one, (apologies to shorttribber), which indicate a confidence that the Lord will keep us safe or carry us through this time.

Just observing.

E.
Ready1

Postby shorttribber on Sat Dec 12, 2020 2:05 pm

Ready1 wrote:
shorttribber wrote:Your original question was about protection as to the plague of locust, what they, the locusts could do.

Here is a copy of my OP.

I 'm sorry, I remember now that this thread was started after a question about the locusts on another thread,
My comment was more with that plague in mind.

I will add more later ok?

shorttribber

Postby Ready1 on Sat Dec 12, 2020 2:13 pm

Hi Jay,

While I can agree with much of what you say, we are out of sync on our timing...but that's ok because God's in charge of that anyway. :grin: :grin: :grin:
Just observing.

E.
Ready1

Postby Mr Baldy on Sun Dec 13, 2020 7:38 am

I think it would be a good idea to "Scripturally" establish that there is a so-called "seven years" prior to Armageddon.
Mr Baldy

Postby Ready1 on Sun Dec 13, 2020 10:03 am

Gen_8:22  While the earth remaineth, seedtime and harvest, and cold and heat, and summer and winter, and day and night shall not cease.

Mr Baldy wrote:I think it would be a good idea to "Scripturally" establish that there is a so-called "seven years" prior to Armageddon.

I am not spoiling for a fight Mr Baldy. There will be a final seven years prior to Armageddon, and a final six years, and a final five years, and a final four years, and a final three and a half years, and a final three years, and a final two years, and a final one year, and a final day. I did not imply anything that may occur in that period.

So my question stands: "I would still be glad for the scriptures that Post Trib/Pre Wrath use to bolster their belief of the protection of believers during the seven years prior to Armageddon. I still have not seen any and I would really like to. I know that most of us don't have lots of time."

For you, Mr Baldy, choose whatever time frame you want, but answer the question.
Last edited by Ready1 on Sun Dec 13, 2020 2:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Just observing.

E.
Ready1

Postby Mr Baldy on Sun Dec 13, 2020 12:59 pm

Ready1 wrote:For you, Mr Baldy, choose whatever time frame you want, but answer the question.

Glady -

The answer to your question is - there is no time period prior to Armageddon that there is a so-called "protection of believers."
Mr Baldy

Postby Ready1 on Sun Dec 13, 2020 2:13 pm

Mr Baldy wrote:
Ready1 wrote:For you, Mr Baldy, choose whatever time frame you want, but answer the question.

Glady -

The answer to your question is - there is no time period prior to Armageddon that there is a so-called "protection of believers."

Thank you for your answer, Mr Baldy. Are there any other Post Trib/Pre Wrath proponents who disagree with Mr Baldy? Are there any who agree with him?
Just observing.

E.
Ready1

Postby bchandler on Sun Dec 13, 2020 9:17 pm

So, how do we deal with the scriptures that tell us that the anti-christ will have the power to overcome the saints, or that we will be beheaded for our witness?

We will go through the tribulation, not the wrath. Now, where in Revelation does God's undiluted wrath begin?
I am not a god or a doctor, and nothing i say should be construed as medical advice or even as correct. I am merely a living soul who is exercising my unalienable rights, endowed upon me by my creator, and recognized in the Constitution for the united States of America, to freely speak about the things i believe. No other soul should grant my words any weight without first determining their credibility and/or accuracy for themselves.
bchandler

Postby shorttribber on Sun Dec 13, 2020 9:45 pm

bchandler wrote:So, how do we deal with the scriptures that tell us that the anti-christ will have the power to overcome the saints, or that we will be beheaded for our witness?

We will go through the tribulation, not the wrath. Now, where in Revelation does God's undiluted wrath begin?

At the bowls of Wrath.

We will be overcome physically, that's all. But that is just a glorious testimony, same as Christ. Only our flesh can be overcome!
Our Spirits will be Victorious!

shorttribber

Postby slick on Mon Dec 14, 2020 5:48 am

Hello Gang,
in simple terms the GREAT TRIB. however long we endure it is the WRATH OF satan, and is allowed by GOD to separate the WHEAT from TARES. THE BOWL JUDGEMENTS are the beginning of GODS WRATH and will be poured out on those with mark (SWORN ALLEGIANCE) to A/C.

In His Grace
THE BATTLE RAGES TIL THE LION ROARS,
Clarence
slick

Postby shorttribber on Mon Dec 14, 2020 6:45 am

slick wrote:Hello Gang,
in simple terms the GREAT TRIB. however long we endure it is the WRATH OF satan, and is allowed by GOD to separate the WHEAT from TARES. THE BOWL JUDGEMENTS are the beginning of GODS WRATH and will be poured out on those with mark (SWORN ALLEGIANCE) to A/C.

In His Grace
Clarence

100% :a3:

shorttribber

Postby Ready1 on Mon Dec 14, 2020 7:45 pm

shorttribber wrote:We will be overcome physically, that's all. But that is just a glorious testimony, same as Christ. Only our flesh can be overcome!

So how is this any different from persecution in times past and in our present world? Even in our present world we pray for deliverance from persecution rather than the "opportunity" to go through it.

Mr Baldy says: ...there is no time period prior to Armageddon that there is a so-called "protection of believers."
bchandler says: ...the scriptures that tell us that the anti-christ will have the power to overcome the saints, [and] that we will be beheaded for our witness.
slick says: ...we get to go through "the GREAT TRIB", and lucky us we get to "endure...the WRATH OF satan".
shorttribber says: ...we get to be "overcome physically" which means die, and that "just our flesh can be overcome."
He also agrees that we get to go through the tribulation.

You guys are miserable comforters! I think your names ought to be Eliphaz, Bildad, Zophar, and Elihu.

At least the following scripture gives some hope!

1Th 4:13  But I would not have you to be ignorant, brethren, concerning them which are asleep, that ye sorrow not, even as others which have no hope. 
1Th 4:14  For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so them also which sleep in Jesus will God bring with him. 
1Th 4:15  For this we say unto you by the word of the Lord, that we which are alive and remain unto the coming of the Lord shall not prevent them which are asleep. 
1Th 4:16  For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first: 
1Th 4:17  Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord. 
1Th 4:18  Wherefore comfort one another with these words. 

:grin: :grin: :grin:
Just observing.

E.
Ready1

Postby shorttribber on Mon Dec 14, 2020 8:05 pm

Ready1 wrote:
shorttribber wrote:We will be overcome physically, that's all. But that is just a glorious testimony, same as Christ. Only our flesh can be overcome!

So how is this any different from persecution in times past and in our present world? Even in our present world we pray for deliverance from persecution rather than the "opportunity" to go through it.

Mr Baldy says: ...there is no time period prior to Armageddon that there is a so-called "protection of believers."
bchandler says: ...the scriptures that tell us that the anti-christ will have the power to overcome the saints, [and] that we will be beheaded for our witness.
slick says: ...we get to go through "the GREAT TRIB", and lucky us we get to "endure...the WRATH OF satan".
shorttribber says: ...we get to be "overcome physically" which means die, and that "just our flesh can be overcome."
He also agrees that we get to go through the tribulation.

You guys are miserable comforters! I think your names ought to be Eliphaz, Bildad, Zophar, and Elihu.

At least the following scripture gives some hope!

1Th 4:13  But I would not have you to be ignorant, brethren, concerning them which are asleep, that ye sorrow not, even as others which have no hope. 
1Th 4:14  For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so them also which sleep in Jesus will God bring with him. 
1Th 4:15  For this we say unto you by the word of the Lord, that we which are alive and remain unto the coming of the Lord shall not prevent them which are asleep. 
1Th 4:16  For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first: 
1Th 4:17  Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord. 
1Th 4:18  Wherefore comfort one another with these words. 

:grin: :grin: :grin:

Do you realize that you misquoted all or most of us?

Does the scripture say "we GET to go through tribulation"
So, comfort one another with THESE words?

No, the scripture does not.

I will add more, my wife has surgery tomorrow... Lot to do right now.

shorttribber

Postby Ready1 on Mon Dec 14, 2020 9:42 pm

I trust that the Lord will care for both of you and bring her safely through with His healing hand. May the Lord bless you!
Just observing.

E.
Ready1

Postby shorttribber on Mon Dec 14, 2020 9:58 pm

Ready1 wrote:I trust that the Lord will care for both of you and bring her safely through with His healing hand. May the Lord bless you!

Thank you, much appreciated

shorttribber

Postby shorttribber on Tue Dec 15, 2020 5:50 pm

Ready1 wrote:I trust that the Lord will care for both of you and bring her safely through with His healing hand. May the Lord bless you!

Surgery went very well, at home now tending to her and restoring a Bible for a fellow Bible collector.
Thanx for the prayers :grin:

shorttribber

Postby Ready1 on Tue Dec 15, 2020 6:01 pm

I'm thankful that we can go to a faithful God who knows our needs and loves us completely. :grin:
Just observing.

E.
Ready1

Postby shorttribber on Tue Dec 15, 2020 6:42 pm

Ready1 wrote:I'm thankful that we can go to a faithful God who knows our needs and loves us completely. :grin:

:a3:

shorttribber

Postby Ready1 on Sun Dec 20, 2020 1:03 pm

slick wrote:Hello Gang,

In His Grace
Clarence

Hi slick,

What do you view as the WRATH OF satan? Seals? Trumpets? Vials/Bowls? I'm curious about your viewpoint.
Just observing.

E.
Ready1

Return to Prophecy Questions/Answers