Questions about "mark" in forehead

Where anyone can ask or answer a question.

Questions about "mark" in forehead

Postby Ready1 on Thu Dec 03, 2020 11:26 am

We know from multiple scriptures that the "mark of the beast" will be in the right hand or the forehead.

Rev 13:14 And deceiveth them that dwell on the earth by the means of those miracles which he had power to do in the sight of the beast; saying to them that dwell on the earth, that they should make an image to the beast, which had the wound by a sword, and did live.
Rev 13:15 And he had power to give life unto the image of the beast, that the image of the beast should both speak, and cause that as many as would not worship the image of the beast should be killed.
Rev 13:16 And he causeth all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and bond, to receive a mark in their right hand, or in their foreheads:
Rev 13:17 And that no man might buy or sell, save he that had the mark, or the name of the beast, or the number of his name.

We also know that the hundred and forty-four thousand will be "sealed in the forehead".

Rev 7:2 And I saw another angel ascending from the east, having the seal of the living God: and he cried with a loud voice to the four angels, to whom it was given to hurt the earth and the sea,
7:3 Saying, Hurt not the earth, neither the sea, nor the trees, till we have sealed the servants of our God in their foreheads.
Rev 7:4 And I heard the number of them which were sealed: and there were sealed an hundred and forty and four thousand of all the tribes of the children of Israel.

Does anyone know of any other scripture which indicates a "mark or seal" in the forehead other than these. Are any of the rest of the converted believers which come to Christ before or after the sealing of the 144,000 given a specified seal in their forehead?
Just observing.

E.
Ready1

Re: Questions about "mark" in forehead

Postby Sonbeam on Thu Dec 03, 2020 1:47 pm

The 144,000 is a symbolic number that stands for the Church.

There's a good commentary/explanation on this by Wayne Jackson here.

"Who are the 144,000 of Revelation 7 and 14"

https://www.christiancourier.com/articl ... n-7-and-14
Sonbeam

Postby Ready1 on Thu Dec 03, 2020 5:30 pm

Sonbeam wrote:The 144,000 is a symbolic number that stands for the Church.

There's a good commentary/explanation on this by Wayne Jackson here.

"Who are the 144,000 of Revelation 7 and 14"

https://www.christiancourier.com/articl ... n-7-and-14

I'm not arguing about who they are, (scripture is pretty clear on that, so feel to have your own interpretation.) I'm looking for other references to either a "mark or a seal" on the forehead different than the people groups listed. Seems like I have seen one in the past but I can't seem to find it right now.
Just observing.

E.
Ready1

Postby Sonbeam on Fri Dec 04, 2020 9:26 am

2 Cor 1:21-23

21 Now it is God who makes both us and you stand firm in Christ. He anointed us, 22 set his seal of ownership on us, and put his Spirit in our hearts as a deposit, guaranteeing what is to come.

All believers get a seal by the Holy Spirit at the time they are born again. It doesn't get any better than that.
No worries.
Sonbeam

Postby mark s on Fri Dec 04, 2020 9:45 am

Ready1 wrote:Does anyone know of any other scripture which indicates a "mark or seal" in the forehead other than these. Are any of the rest of the converted believers which come to Christ before or after the sealing of the 144,000 given a specified seal in their forehead?

Not the way Scripture tells it. If we don't assume anything, then the 144,000 will have the Seal of God, and the earth dwellers will have the mark of the beast.

Ezekiel 9 has an interesting parallel as God plans for the destruction of Israel by first marking all those that would be spared. The later battles, though seeming to be the random destruction of war, would have followed God's predestination, as those that were marked would have lived, while the rest died.

This is one of the reasons I think that the church that now is will be raptured before that time. "The servants of God" will be sealed, they will be all Jewish, men, and there will be 144,000 of them. The church doesn't fit into this.

And of course the locust-things from the pit will be tormenting all but those 144,000. Again, I don't see how this fits with God's children.

Much love!
ειπεν αυτη ο ιησους εγω ειμι η αναστασις και η ζωη ο πιστευων εις εμε καν αποθανη ζησεται
. . . saying to her Jesus, I AM the resurrection and the life, the one believing into Me even dying shall live . . .
mark s

Postby Abiding in His Word on Fri Dec 04, 2020 2:52 pm

Sonbeam wrote:2 Cor 1:21-23

21 Now it is God who makes both us and you stand firm in Christ. He anointed us, 22 set his seal of ownership on us, and put his Spirit in our hearts as a deposit, guaranteeing what is to come.

All believers get a seal by the Holy Spirit at the time they are born again. It doesn't get any better than that.
No worries.

:a3:

One more....

Eph 4:30  Do not grieve the Holy Spirit of God, by whom you were sealed for the day of redemption. 
Abiding in His Word
SITE ADMIN

Postby Mark F on Fri Dec 04, 2020 4:59 pm

I look at the mark of the beast as a symbol of what a person believes. So in a quick explanation,
the forehead would speak of knowledge/belief, the right hand would be what one does.

I come to this by study in Deuteronomy.

Deu 6:3  Therefore hear, O Israel, and be careful to observe it, that it may be well with you, and that you may multiply greatly as the LORD God of your fathers has promised you—'a land flowing with milk and honey.' 
Deu 6:4  "Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God, the LORD is one! 
Deu 6:5  You shall love the LORD your God with all your heart, with all your soul, and with all your strength. 
Deu 6:6  "And these words which I command you today shall be in your heart. 
Deu 6:7  You shall teach them diligently to your children, and shall talk of them when you sit in your house, when you walk by the way, when you lie down, and when you rise up. 
Deu 6:8  You shall bind them as a sign on your hand, and they shall be as frontlets between your eyes. 
Deu 6:9  You shall write them on the doorposts of your house and on your gates.

This was taken literally by many. Even today the orthodox Jews I think have little boxes with Scripture in
them fixed to their foreheads and hands. I think it is a spiritual binding, not a literal one. Always think on them,
and these words should shape what we do with our hands instead of binding them to our hands.

So the mark of the beast, I believe is openly doing and an inward devotion to the ant-christ.
People will not got to hell for chip or implant, or something put on or in them, people go to hell for what they believe
or don't believe.
Mark

All Scripture from NKJV

Edited for a friend.
Mark F

Postby ToledoDebbie on Fri Dec 04, 2020 5:43 pm

Mark F wrote:So the mark of the beast, I believe is openly doing and an inward devotion to the ant-christ.
People will not got to hell for chip or implant, or something put on or in them, people go to hell for what they believe
or don't believe

Mark, I believe that you are partially correct. The worship of and pledging allegiance to the Anti-Christ is a critical part of this prophetic warning. However, I do believe that there will also be a physical "Mark" (No pun intended :grin: ). I don't know what it will actually be or look like, but, I am very confident that it cannot be forced onto a believer. People will have to choose it and according to the bible, they will line up to take it, willingly! It appears that it will be somehow tied to a person being able to live, work, buy, etc.

In Revelation when I read about the multitude that appears in Heaven, slain because they refused to accept the "Mark" and worship the beast is one the main reasons I don't believe we will be raptured before things start getting pretty bad. I still believe in my heart that the first half of the tribulation period will be the Anti-Christ persecuting the Jews and the Saints of God and establishing his kingdom. Then, all who have survived this persecution will be raptured (along with all who died for their testimony). Then the Great Tribulation of God will begin, with all of the calamities described in scripture.
ToledoDebbie

Postby Mark F on Fri Dec 04, 2020 6:13 pm

ToledoDebbie wrote:
Mark F wrote:So the mark of the beast, I believe is openly doing and an inward devotion to the ant-christ.
or don't believe

Mark, I believe that you are partially correct. The worship of and pledging allegiance to the Anti-Christ is a critical part of this prophetic warning. However, I do believe that there will also be a physical "Mark" (No pun intended :grin: ). I don't know what it will actually be or look like, but, I am very confident that it cannot be forced onto a believer. People will have to choose it and according to the bible, they will line up to take it, willingly! It appears that it will be somehow tied to a person being able to live, work, buy, etc.

In Revelation when I read about the multitude that appears in Heaven, slain because they refused to accept the "Mark" and worship the beast is one the main reasons I don't believe we will be raptured before things start getting pretty bad. I still believe in my heart that the first half of the tribulation period will be the Anti-Christ persecuting the Jews and the Saints of God and establishing his kingdom. Then, all who have survived this persecution will be raptured (along with all who died for their testimony). Then the Great Tribulation of God will begin, with all of the calamities described in scripture.

:a3:
Mark

All Scripture from NKJV

Edited for a friend.
Mark F

Postby Ready1 on Sat Dec 05, 2020 10:48 am

Ready1 wrote:We know from multiple scriptures that the "mark of the beast" will be in the right hand or the forehead.

Rev 13:14 And deceiveth them that dwell on the earth by the means of those miracles which he had power to do in the sight of the beast; saying to them that dwell on the earth, that they should make an image to the beast, which had the wound by a sword, and did live.
Rev 13:15 And he had power to give life unto the image of the beast, that the image of the beast should both speak, and cause that as many as would not worship the image of the beast should be killed.
Rev 13:16 And he causeth all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and bond, to receive a mark in their right hand, or in their foreheads:
Rev 13:17 And that no man might buy or sell, save he that had the mark, or the name of the beast, or the number of his name.

We also know that the hundred and forty-four thousand will be "sealed in the forehead".

Rev 7:2 And I saw another angel ascending from the east, having the seal of the living God: and he cried with a loud voice to the four angels, to whom it was given to hurt the earth and the sea,
7:3 Saying, Hurt not the earth, neither the sea, nor the trees, till we have sealed the servants of our God in their foreheads.
Rev 7:4 And I heard the number of them which were sealed: and there were sealed an hundred and forty and four thousand of all the tribes of the children of Israel.

Does anyone know of any other scripture which indicates a "mark or seal" in the forehead other than these. Are any of the rest of the converted believers which come to Christ before or after the sealing of the 144,000 given a specified seal in their forehead?

I found the passage that I was looking for. What we know about forehead "marks".

1) Followers of the beast receive a mark in their forehead which declares that they have given their allegiance to the beast and allows them to buy and sell under the antichrist system. (Rev 13:14-17)

2) The one hundred forty-four thousand Jews from all the tribes of Israel (except Dan) who are servants of God are sealed by the angel in forehead. (Rev 7:2-8)

3) But there is another reference to a mark in the forehead. According to Rev 9:2-3 the demon locusts are prevented from attacking anyone who has the seal of God in their forehead. Here is the passage:

Rev 9:3  And there came out of the smoke locusts upon the earth: and unto them was given power, as the scorpions of the earth have power. 
Rev 9:4  And it was commanded them that they should not hurt the grass of the earth, neither any green thing, neither any tree; but only those men which have not the seal of God in their foreheads

If certain people cannot be attacked, then we must draw a conclusion.

So my questions are as follows:

1) Are these only the one hundred forty-four thousand?
2) If it is the one hundred forty-four thousand, are they the only believers on the earth at this time?
3) What about the sheep and goat judgement prior to entry into the Kingdom? Who are the sheep?
4) If it is not only the one hundred forty-four thousand then when were they sealed.
5) If there are other believers upon the earth and yet do not have seal of God in their foreheads, won't they be subject to the stings of the demon locusts for five months?

6) Or is it possible for the Lord to seal each believer in this time frame in their forehead, as they individually put their trust in Him, in the same way that he sealed the one hundred forty-four thousand?

Just thinking outloud... :grin: :grin: :grin:

It is my belief that most of the population of the earth is decimated by the events of this time frame. It is all-out warfare between Satan and his minions and Jesus and the Host of heaven. I do believe that only believers will enter into the kingdom, which means that there must be believers upon the earth at the time of the final battle. More than one hundred forty-four thousand. (Otherwise the JW's would be right) I do not believe that believers in Jesus will be subject to the horrors of this plague.
Just observing.

E.
Ready1

Postby shorttribber on Sat Dec 05, 2020 12:13 pm

Ready1 wrote:
Ready1 wrote:We know from multiple scriptures that the "mark of the beast" will be in the right hand or the forehead.

I found the passage that I was looking for. What we know about forehead "marks".

1) Followers of the beast receive a mark in their forehead which declares that they have given their allegiance to the beast and allows them to buy and sell under the antichrist system. (Rev 13:14-17)

2) The one hundred forty-four thousand Jews from all the tribes of Israel (except Dan) who are servants of God are sealed by the angel in forehead. (Rev 7:2-8)

3) But there is another reference to a mark in the forehead. According to Rev 9:2-3 the demon locusts are prevented from attacking anyone who has the seal of God in their forehead. Here is the passage:

Rev 9:3  And there came out of the smoke locusts upon the earth: and unto them was given power, as the scorpions of the earth have power. 
Rev 9:4  And it was commanded them that they should not hurt the grass of the earth, neither any green thing, neither any tree; but only those men which have not the seal of God in their foreheads

If certain people cannot be attacked, then we must draw a conclusion.

So my questions are as follows:

1) Are these only the one hundred forty-four thousand?
2) If it is the one hundred forty-four thousand, are they the only believers on the earth at this time?
3) What about the sheep and goat judgement prior to entry into the Kingdom? Who are the sheep?
4) If it is not only the one hundred forty-four thousand then when were they sealed.
5) If there are other believers upon the earth and yet do not have seal of God in their foreheads, won't they be subject to the stings of the demon locusts for five months?

6) Or is it possible for the Lord to seal each believer in this time frame in their forehead, as they individually put their trust in Him, in the same way that he sealed the one hundred forty-four thousand?

Just thinking outloud... :grin: :grin: :grin:

It is my belief that most of the population of the earth is decimated by the events of this time frame. It is all-out warfare between Satan and his minions and Jesus and the Host of heaven. I do believe that only believers will enter into the kingdom, which means that there must be believers upon the earth at the time of the final battle. More than one hundred forty-four thousand. (Otherwise the JW's would be right) I do not believe that believers in Jesus will be subject to the horrors of this plague.

Glad you noticed what you listed.....very important details!
Very, very important! All believers Are Sealed...the 144,000 Will be sealed, but All Other believers Are Sealed AND protected in the same way, by the Same Almighty God! :banana:
The Wisest men have changed their Counsels and Resolves upon second thoughts, much more upon experience, and approaching evils not at first discovered. Rev. Herbert Croft, 1675

Where no counsel is, the people fall: but in the multitude of counsellors there is safety.

Find seven years of tribulation plainly stated in the Bible.
shorttribber

Postby WOODHENOT3 on Sat Dec 05, 2020 5:43 pm

I agree Shorttibber!!!

All believers will be protected by the locusts... nothing to worry about! When you see millions of locusts while walking down a street, they will get out of your way!! Praise God! :) :banana:
In Christ Always,
Woody
WOODHENOT3

Postby Ready1 on Sat Dec 05, 2020 7:12 pm

WOODHENOT3 wrote:I agree Shorttibber!!!

All believers will be protected by the locusts... nothing to worry about! When you see millions of locusts while walking down a street, they will get out of your way!! Praise God! :) :banana:

WOODHENOT3, would you agree with my premise in question #6?
Just observing.

E.
Ready1

Postby bchandler on Tue Dec 08, 2020 4:08 am

A few years ago, I was sitting in my recliner listening to worship music, and just praising the Lord. I felt some thing on my forehead... I thought it was some thing crawling on me... I wiped my forehead and there was nothing there.

I went back to my worship, and it started again. This happened 3 times.

The fourth time, I felt the Spirit tell me to relax, and let it happen and just continue to worship.

I can only describe what happened as feeling like someone was drawing a complex set of symbols within an inscribed circle.

To this day, when I worship, and especially when I call upon the name of the Lord, I can still feel that symbol on my forehead.

I went looking for what happened to me in scripture... And found the example in I believe Ezekiel. An angelic scribe was sent forth with an ink horn and a writing instrument, to "seal" those who would be protected from the coming judgement.

I was astonished, I had never remembered reading about this before.
I am not a god or a doctor, and nothing i say should be construed as medical advice or even as correct. I am merely a living soul who is exercising my unalienable rights, endowed upon me by my creator, and recognized in the Constitution for the united States of America, to freely speak about the things i believe. No other soul should grant my words any weight without first determining their credibility and/or accuracy for themselves.
bchandler

Postby WOODHENOT3 on Thu Dec 10, 2020 12:44 pm

Ready1 wrote:

HI Ready1,

IF this seal supposedly to be visually seen, then yes, the Lord will just make it happen to everyone who's committed to Christ...
God bless,
In Christ Always,
Woody
WOODHENOT3

Postby Jay Ross on Thu Dec 10, 2020 1:47 pm

WOODHENOT3 wrote:
Ready1 wrote:

HI Ready1,

IF this seal supposedly to be visually seen, then yes, the Lord will just make it happen to everyone who's committed to Christ...
God bless,

Ephesians 1:13-14: - 13 In Him you also trusted, after you heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation; in whom also, having believed, you were sealed with the Holy Spirit of promise, 14 who is the guarantee of our inheritance until the redemption of the purchased possession, to the praise of His glory.
Jay Ross

Postby Mr Baldy on Sun Dec 13, 2020 7:35 am

Ready1 wrote:Does anyone know of any other scripture which indicates a "mark or seal" in the forehead other than these

I'm not sure if the "mark" God gave Cain was in the forehead - but the earliest documentation of anyone being given a mark from God I believe is in Genesis 4:15:

Genesis 4:15 - NASB

So the Lord said to him, “Therefore whoever kills Cain, vengeance will be taken on him seven times as much.”
And the Lord placed a mark on Cain, so that no one finding him would kill him.

It would appear that the mark God gave to Cain had to be in a conspicuous place - such as the forehead, as the face is normally the first place someone looks when encountering someone.

The "mark" in the forehead or right hand mentioned in Revelation 13 appears to be symbolic - and nothing physical.
Mr Baldy

Postby Ready1 on Sun Dec 13, 2020 9:51 am

Mr Baldy wrote:The "mark" in the forehead or right hand mentioned in Revelation 13 appears to be symbolic - and nothing physical.

Just curious why you would say that. If it were symbolic, why would it specify "in their right hand, or in their foreheads"? Is it because you see the Revelation as largely symbolic?
Just observing.

E.
Ready1

Postby Mr Baldy on Mon Dec 14, 2020 3:38 am

Ready1 wrote:Just curious why you would say that. If it were symbolic, why would it specify "in their right hand, or in their foreheads"? Is it because you see the Revelation as largely symbolic?

Yes the Book of Revelation is highly symbolic and uses a lot of metaphorical language - inasmuch, as if one is not careful it can lead to very bad hermeneutics. Many have taken the Book of Revelation and used it to their advantage by creating a lot of hocus pocus nonsense in the name of selling books - or putting out fictitious information due to faulty interpretation.

Because the Book of Revelation is highly symbolic - a term like "in their right hand" could mean some form of allegiance, in that one has accepted Antichrist. The term "in their foreheads" could mean some sort of allegiance in the mind, or in thought and because they have accepted Antichrist, it could also mean in deed, or worship. I'm certainly not saying I have the correct interpretation - it's that I have realized how symbolic the Book of Revelation is.

I personally don't believe it will be some sort of "tangible" mark. I use Scripture to support this idea I have. For example.... Christ said He would come as a "thief in the night" and He further warned us over and over again to be ready - because we "do not know the day or hour" of His Return. Well, getting a World Wide mandated "mark" would certainly let the Whole World know His Return is near - so who in their right mind would accept the "mark of the beast" knowing full well the Return of Christ is near?

I sort of equate knowing something like acquiring the "mark of the beast" in comparison to a plague, or World Wide pandemic like our current Covid-19 crisis. As many of us know, when a crisis is apparent - then PANIC sets in. Try finding supplies in stores once the word gets out. People will be fearful knowing time is short. So the whole idea about accepting a "mark" in their right hand or forehead appears to have some sort of symbolic meaning - at least in my opinion.
Mr Baldy

Postby slick on Mon Dec 14, 2020 5:40 am

Mr Baldy wrote:
The "mark" in the forehead or right hand mentioned in Revelation 13 appears to be symbolic - and nothing physical.

And he causes all, the small and the great, and the rich and the poor, and the free men and the slaves, to be given a mark on their right hand or on their forehead,
and [he provides] that no one will be able to buy or to sell, except the one who has the mark, [either] the name of the beast or the number of his name.

the language in the passage is pretty clear and straight forward it is implicit that a group of people who did not bear a mark...at some point DO bear a mark.....
I pointed out in another thread..that Prepositions in the GREEK or Hebrew text are subjective to the translators opinion. the key to this passage is: HE (THE A/C) causes the mark to be given further indicated it is some type of internationl I.D system.
When we see in other passages, GODS PROVISIONAL protection against plague or destruction I.E death of the Egyptions to paint blood on the doorposts, MOSES in the wilderness held high a staff/banner to protect against deadly snakes...etc

one further point....

you mention the thief in the night passage....

here is the text...

For you yourselves know full well that the day of the Lord will come just like a thief in the night.
But you, brethren, are not in darkness, that the day would overtake you like a thief;

at this point in time we can not predict His Return but at some point during the great trib...we will know that it is imminent .

In His Name,
The Battle rages til the Lion Roars!!,
Clarence
slick

Return to Prophecy Questions/Answers