Daniel 10-12

Where anyone can ask or answer a question.

Daniel 10-12

Postby Ready1 on Mon Oct 19, 2020 4:24 pm

As I have read in Daniel, I generally believe that Daniel 10-12 is a single revelation which spans a great deal of time. My question for some who might have interest is this:

Have any of you tried to put a name by each reference (mostly in Daniel 11) for the events and peoples which took place after Daniel's lifetime but would be historical in nature to us, in our era? How far can we go?

I'll show you what I mean.

Dan 11:1  “And in the first year of Darius the Mede, I took my stand to support and protect him. 
Dan 11:2  “Now I will declare the truth. Behold, three more kings will arise in Persia. Then a fourth will be far richer than all. When he becomes powerful through his wealth, he will stir up everyone against the realm of Greece. 
Dan 11:3  Then a mighty king will arise, who will rule with great authority and do as he pleases. 

Dan 11:1  “And in the first year of Darius the Mede, (apparently another name for Cyrus) I took my stand to support and protect him. 
Dan 11:2 “Now I will declare the truth. Behold, (after Cyrus, the current king) three more kings will arise in Persia. (They were Cambyses, Pseudo-Smerdis, and Darius I.) Then a fourth will be far richer than all (Xerxes, also known in the Book of Esther as Ahasuerus). When he becomes powerful through his wealth, he will stir up everyone against the realm of Greece.
Dan 11:3 Then a mighty king (Alexander the Great) will arise, who will rule with great authority and do as he pleases.

Any thoughts?
Just observing.

E.
Ready1

Re: Daniel 10-12

Postby shorttribber on Mon Oct 19, 2020 5:25 pm

Ready1 wrote:As I have read in Daniel, I generally believe that Daniel 10-12 is a single revelation which spans a great deal of time. My question for some who might have interest is this:

Have any of you tried to put a name by each reference (mostly in Daniel 11) for the events and peoples which took place after Daniel's lifetime but would be historical in nature to us, in our era? How far can we go?

I'll show you what I mean.

Dan 11:1  “And in the first year of Darius the Mede, I took my stand to support and protect him. 
Dan 11:2  “Now I will declare the truth. Behold, three more kings will arise in Persia. Then a fourth will be far richer than all. When he becomes powerful through his wealth, he will stir up everyone against the realm of Greece. 
Dan 11:3  Then a mighty king will arise, who will rule with great authority and do as he pleases. 

Dan 11:1  “And in the first year of Darius the Mede, (apparently another name for Cyrus) I took my stand to support and protect him. 
Dan 11:2 “Now I will declare the truth. Behold, (after Cyrus, the current king) three more kings will arise in Persia. (They were Cambyses, Pseudo-Smerdis, and Darius I.) Then a fourth will be far richer than all (Xerxes, also known in the Book of Esther as Ahasuerus). When he becomes powerful through his wealth, he will stir up everyone against the realm of Greece.
Dan 11:3 Then a mighty king (Alexander the Great) will arise, who will rule with great authority and do as he pleases.

Any thoughts?

I think Matthew Poole or Mathew Henry is available on line and describes them all in detail very well.

I have the unabridged Mathew Henry of 1737, but I think Abridged is thorough enough. I don't know if the unabridged is on line or not.
The Wisest men have changed their Counsels and Resolves upon second thoughts, much more upon experience, and approaching evils not at first discovered. Rev. Herbert Croft, 1675

Where no counsel is, the people fall: but in the multitude of counsellors there is safety.

Find seven years of tribulation plainly stated in the Bible.
shorttribber

Re: Daniel 10-12

Postby Mark F on Tue Oct 20, 2020 3:24 am

John MacArthur I believe names them in a series he did on Daniel.

If you go to gty.org you can search audio by Scripture and find it that way.

It is free also.
Mark

All Scripture from NKJV

Edited for a friend.
Mark F

Return to Prophecy Questions/Answers