Wars and Rumors of War

Where anyone can ask or answer a question.

Wars and Rumors of War

Postby Ready1 on Sun Sep 27, 2020 7:45 am

Any time that you see something that would qualify as a "war" or a "rumor of war" post it here with it's link.

I saw this this morning.

Azerbaijan, Armenia fight over disputed region as tanks destroyed, helicopters shot down.

Nagorno-Karabakh is a mainly ethnic Armenian region inside Azerbaijan which declared independence in 1991. Fighting broke out on Sunday between Armenia and Azerbaijan over a disputed separatist region, as two military helicopters were shot down and casualties in the area were reported.

https://www.foxnews.com/world/azerbaija ... helicopter
Just observing.

E.
Ready1

Re: Wars and Rumors of War

Postby keithareilly on Sun Sep 27, 2020 9:11 pm

I think WWI and WWII are the best examples of wars and rumers of war, and nation rising against nation.

famine and earthquakes are next things listed.

I wonder how much fracking will impact increase in earthquakes.

With such a great rise in population, I suspect famine will be pretty bad.
Rose from 1 billion to 7 billion in 207 years.

8 Billion: 2023 (estimated)
7 Billion: 2011
6 Billion: 1999
5 Billion: 1987
4 Billion: 1974
3 Billion: 1960
2 Billion: 1930
1 Billion: 1804
keithareilly
Supporting Member

Postby Ready1 on Sun Sep 27, 2020 9:31 pm

Jesus said

Mat 24:6  And ye shall hear of wars and rumours of wars: see that ye be not troubled:

I guess I am not looking so much for things in the past, (although it is true that they contribute to the overall), but rather things that are current. I know that somebody will post regarding Syria, Libya, Iran and others as they occur and are documented.

Jesus statement is that we are not supposed to be troubled (alarmed, terrified, panicked) by these wars and rumors. The way that he states it indicates that they appear to be a sign in the present. Why would we be troubled by a war 80 years past?
Just observing.

E.
Ready1

Postby keithareilly on Mon Sep 28, 2020 10:08 am

Hi Ready1,

For those with end time theories and time frames, things of the past that do not fit the time frame are not important.

Not having an end time theory, I just look and see that WWI and WWII are the largest wars that we know of and describe nations and kingdoms rising against each other as a whole, not individual wars between a couple nations. Another significant factor of the World Wars is that the Ottoman empire was conquered during World War I, and while the Jews started returning to then Palestine in the 1800's, in 1917, during WWI, the Arthur Balfour issued an edict about wanting Jews to return to Palestine.

Once the Ottoman Empire was conquered and the British Empire, the larges empire ever on the planet, which changed the start of days from being in the evening to being at midnight through Greenwich meantime, and established modern longitudes and latitudes, dividing the earth into segments where the zero longitude, prime meridian, is now Greenwich England, and upon which modern times zones are based, the Jews started returning to the promised land in great numbers.

WWI, and WWII are literally, the birth pang wars, that resulted the "birth" of modern Israel.

So, for those of us who do not have a 7 year or 3.5 year time limit on what is to happen during end times, we can accept WWI and WWII as meeting the described birth pang wars of Israel's rebirth.

keith
keithareilly
Supporting Member

Postby Ready1 on Mon Sep 28, 2020 10:38 am

Hi Keith

Do you have any comments on what Jesus said?
Just observing.

E.
Ready1

Postby keithareilly on Mon Sep 28, 2020 5:03 pm

ready1,

I commented on what He said.

Not sure what you are asking.
keithareilly
Supporting Member

Postby Ready1 on Wed Sep 30, 2020 5:51 pm

Armenian Fighter Jet Downed by Turkish F-16; Pilot Killed
September 29th, 2020|News

Erdogan’s regime is ramping up its involvement in the Armenia-Azerbaijan conflict, which is likely to escalate following the downing of an Armenian jet by Turkey on Tuesday.

Tuesday – Reports reveal that a Turkish F-16 shot down an Armenian Sukhoi Su-25 fighter jet resulting in the death of the Armenian pilot. Turkey has backed Azerbaijan for some time, and it’s reported that the F-16 departed from Azerbaijan’s Ganja Airbase Tuesday morning. Additionally, the Turkish jet carried out strikes on Armenian Armed Forces in regions close the border of the two countries.

https://beholdisrael.org/armenian-fighter-jet-downed-by-turkish-f-16-pilot-killed/
Just observing.

E.
Ready1

Postby Ready1 on Tue Oct 06, 2020 7:23 am

Opposition in Kyrgyzstan claims power after storming government buildings

https://www.cnn.com/2020/10/06/asia/pos ... index.html
Just observing.

E.
Ready1

Postby Ready1 on Fri Oct 16, 2020 7:39 am

I'd like to post this here as well, thanks to St Louis Steve.

st louis steve wrote:Interesting in light of Ezekiel 38 ?
https://www.gatestoneinstitute.org/1660 ... r-on-arabs

Erdogan Declares War on Arabs
by Khaled Abu Toameh • October 16, 2020 at 5:00 am

"Some countries in our region did not exist yesterday, and they may not exist in the future...." — Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan, addressing parliament on October 1, 2020.

"His [Erdogan's] crimes against the Arab peoples must be exposed, such as his massacres against the Syrian people, against the Kurds in the Kurdistan region of Iraq, and in Libya...." — Abdel Aziz Razan, a Saudi adviser at the Center for Arab-Russia Studies, Okaz, October 4, 2020.

Such powerful responses made by Saudis and other Arabs to Erdogan's contemptuous statements show that the Arabs now understand it is Erdogan and his friends in Iran whom they should fear. In the eyes of these Arabs, Erdogan and his Iranian connections represent the real threat to their security and stability.

In light of such reactions, perhaps more Arab countries will follow the United Arab Emirates and Bahrain in signing diplomatic agreements with Israel. The State of Israel, as it turns out, is a strategic and strong ally that can help Arab countries stop Turkey and Iran from spreading their contagion of terror in the Middle East.
Just observing.

E.
Ready1

Return to Prophecy Questions/Answers