Seals 1-4

Where anyone can ask or answer a question.

Seals 1-4

Postby Ready1 on Sat Sep 05, 2020 5:10 pm

I have a couple of questions to those who believe that seals 1-4 have been opened.

1) How long do you see the seals being opened before seal 5 and the rest of the trumpets and bowls are opened.
2) How do you see the following scripture fitting into your viewpoint?

Rev 6:8  And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him. And power was given unto them over the fourth part of the earth, to kill with sword, and with hunger, and with death, and with the beasts of the earth. 
Just observing.

E.
Ready1

Re: Seals 1-4

Postby Sonbeam on Sun Sep 06, 2020 7:33 am

Hi Ready,

I believe all the seals have been opened except the 6th. I don't know if you participated in the thread I opened
back in 2013 and titled, "All the seals have been opened except the 6th."

You'll find that thread here:

viewtopic.php?f=13&t=66579&st=0&sk=t&sd=a&hilit=all+the+seals+have+been+opened

And here's some of what I wrote on that first post:

Historically, I see all the seals, with the exception of the 6th, as having already been opened, with the first 4 seals having a continuing fulfillment as man is plagued in every generation by famine, wars, and pestilences since the garden.

Here’s an outline of the opening of the seals as I see it:

1st seal, White horse: Satan bent on conquest; he was released in the garden; “conquered” man when Adam sinned; Satan continuews to be bent on conquest till the end.

2d seal, Red horse: Peace taken from the earth starting when Cain killed Abel. Gen 4:8 War continuing till the end.

4th seal, Pale green horse: death (started when Cain killed Abel) caused by sword, famine, pestilence, wild beasts, etc. Events continuing till the end.

3rd seal, Black horse: First recorded famine Gen 12:10, Gen 26:1; famine and inflation continuing throughout the world at different times since then.

7th seal: Rev 8:1 Opened with the birth of our Lord. We are in an interlude following His Ascension. Interlude will end when the events of the first trumpet are fulfilled. After that, fulfillment of this seal and its trumpets will continue till the last trumpet is sounded at our Lord's return.

5th seal: Rev 6:9 Opened right after His resurrection when white robes were given to saints who had died prior to the Cross. White robes signify the cleansing from sin Christ obtained on the Cross for all men. This seal is closed.

6th seal: Possibly having its initial opening when anti-Christ is revealed since 6 is man’s number; or definitely opened at Christ’s second coming. Saints will be raptured before bowls of wrath are poured out on the world.

sonbeam
Sonbeam

Postby Sonbeam on Sun Sep 06, 2020 7:46 am

Ready1 wrote:I have a couple of questions to those who believe that seals 1-4 have been opened.

1) How long do you see the seals being opened before seal 5 and the rest of the trumpets and bowls are opened.
2) How do you see the following scripture fitting into your viewpoint?

Rev 6:8  And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him. And power was given unto them over the fourth part of the earth, to kill with sword, and with hunger, and with death, and with the beasts of the earth. 

Question 1) I see 1-4 seals events/actions continuing to happen throughout the world up until the 6th seal is opened.

The 5th seal was opened right after Christ's resurrection. This is when white robes were given to saints who had died prior to the Cross. White robes signify the cleansing from sin Christ obtained on the Cross for all men.

As far as Rev 6:8, my answer to question 1) tells how I see that scripture.

sonbeam
Sonbeam

Postby Ready1 on Sun Sep 06, 2020 8:37 pm

Sonbeam wrote:Historically, I see all the seals, with the exception of the 6th, as having already been opened, with the first 4 seals having a continuing fulfillment as man is plagued in every generation by famine, wars, and pestilences since the garden.

Here’s an outline of the opening of the seals as I see it:

1st seal, White horse: Satan bent on conquest; he was released in the garden; “conquered” man when Adam sinned; Satan continues to be bent on conquest till the end.

2d seal, Red horse: Peace taken from the earth starting when Cain killed Abel. Gen 4:8 War continuing till the end.

4th seal, Pale green horse: death (started when Cain killed Abel) caused by sword, famine, pestilence, wild beasts, etc. Events continuing till the end.

3rd seal, Black horse: First recorded famine Gen 12:10, Gen 26:1; famine and inflation continuing throughout the world at different times since then.

Thanks for your response, Sonbeam. As I looked at your timetable a question came to mind:

1. Jesus told John in Revelation 4:1 that certain things must come "hereafter" or after this.
"Come up here, and I will show you what must take place after this." Rev 4:1 ESV

Jesus then reveals the picture in the throne room of God (Ch 4), the scroll and the Worthy Lamb (Ch 5), and then He begins on the seals (Ch 6). To my understanding, these are all things which take place after Rev 4:1 because Jesus said that they would take place "after this". Yet you see these scrolls all being opened at or near the Garden (or at least in Genesis). How is it a "revelation" if it began 4,000 years before Jesus told us it would take place "after this"?

Corollary: Is there any verifiable way to measure whether the following scripture is true and has come to pass?

Just observing.

E.
Ready1

Postby Sonbeam on Tue Sep 08, 2020 2:59 pm

Ready1 wrote:

Thanks for your response, Sonbeam. As I looked at your timetable a question came to mind:

1. Jesus told John in Revelation 4:1 that certain things must come "hereafter" or after this.

"Come up here, and I will show you what must take place after this." Rev 4:1 ESV

Jesus then reveals the picture in the throne room of God (Ch 4), the scroll and the Worthy Lamb (Ch 5), and then He begins on the seals (Ch 6). To my understanding, these are all things which take place after Rev 4:1 because Jesus said that they would take place "after this". Yet you see these scrolls all being opened at or near the Garden (or at least in Genesis). How is it a "revelation" if it began 4,000 years before Jesus told us it would take place "after this"

Hi Ready1,

Here is why I believe all the seals have been opened with the exception of the 6th.

We are bound by linear time. God isn’t.

We see time as always moving in a forward direction. Therefore when we read the book of Revelation regarding the first five Seals, we can only fathom that the events/actions they speak of are all in the future and yet to happen.

But God is outside of our time frame.

Rev 13:8 says this:
8All inhabitants of the earth will worship the beast-all whose names have not been written in the Lamb's book of life, the Lamb who was slain from the creation of the world.

If this is so, and it is as far as God is concerned, then the vision that the author of Revelation saw of the Lamb opening the seals happened before the creation of the world.

The actions/events symbolized as started by the horses are not something that is new within the history of man. The scriptures I posted show that famine, war, death, etc., have been occurring since man left the garden. And these events are continuous and have been and will be growing in intensity culminating in the end times.

However, the 7th seal 6 trumpets and the 6th seal seven bowls are yet to happen in our time frame.

More on the rest of your post next.

sonbeam
Sonbeam

Postby Ready1 on Tue Sep 08, 2020 8:39 pm

I shall look forward to the rest of your answer.

It sounds to me like what I see as a prophetic revelation, you view as a history lesson. The fact that God is not bound by linear time does NOT mean that he cannot operate in linear time. By viewing it as you do, the "Revelation" is no longer a revelation. :grin:
Just observing.

E.
Ready1

Postby shorttribber on Tue Sep 08, 2020 8:58 pm

Ready1 wrote:I shall look forward to the rest of your answer.

It sounds to me like what I see as a prophetic revelation, you view as a history lesson. The fact that God is not bound by linear time does NOT mean that he cannot operate in linear time. By viewing it as you do, the "Revelation" is no longer a revelation. :grin:

Much can be revealed from the past, as well as the future....probably more really.
That's why prophecy is revealed more after a given prophecy than before it.
The Wisest men have changed their Counsels and Resolves upon second thoughts, much more upon experience, and approaching evils not at first discovered. Rev. Herbert Croft, 1675

Where no counsel is, the people fall: but in the multitude of counsellors there is safety.

Find seven years of tribulation plainly stated in the Bible.
shorttribber

Postby Ready1 on Wed Sep 09, 2020 7:55 am

shorttribber wrote:

Much can be revealed from the past, as well as the future....probably more really.

While what you say has truth to it, to relegate the words of the Revelation to that of history simply makes no sense in light of the first two verses of Revelation.

Rev 1:1  The Revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave unto him, to shew unto his servants things which must shortly come to pass; and he sent and signified it by his angel unto his servant John: 
Rev 1:2  Who bare record of the word of God, and of the testimony of Jesus Christ, and of all things that he saw. 

So the things that "must shortly come to pass" are things that come AFTER they are revealed by God to Jesus to the angel to John in AD50-70. From Jesus words, the time frame, thence, could be any time from when the words were spoken until today or until they are yet fulfilled in the future.

Insistence that they are historical does NOT make them historical.
Just observing.

E.
Ready1

Postby Sonbeam on Wed Sep 09, 2020 12:09 pm

Ready1 wrote:

Corollary: Is there any verifiable way to measure whether the following scripture is true and has come to pass?

[color=#BF0040]

In answer to your question, if you mean verifiable in a numeric or geographical sense, the answer is no.

For instance, a fourth part of the earth can be taken literally, but it makes more sense to understand this as comprising many areas around the world that together would make up a fourth of the earth.

Needless to say, as a result of all the contributing factors listed in the above verse, death has been happening over all parts of the world since man left the garden. The bible as well as secular history up to the present verify this.

Hebrews 2:14 says the devil holds the power of death -- physical.

Since the children have flesh and blood, he too shared in their humanity so that by his death he might break the power of him who holds the power of death—that is, the devil—

sonbeam
Sonbeam

Postby Sonbeam on Wed Sep 09, 2020 12:18 pm

Ready1

If you read my posts again, you'll see that though I look at some parts of Revelation as already having been partially fulfilled, my comments show that I see those things (the events of the horses) as continuing till the end.

And I also have said that the trumpets and bowls in Revelation are yet to be fulfilled.

sonbeam
Last edited by Sonbeam on Wed Sep 09, 2020 12:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sonbeam

Postby Sonbeam on Wed Sep 09, 2020 12:29 pm

Ready1,

I realize that my view of the Revelation timeline is unique. I appreciate
your comments on what I see for it makes me examine my beliefs more closely.

:blessyou:

sonbeam
Last edited by Sonbeam on Wed Sep 09, 2020 12:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sonbeam

Postby Sonbeam on Wed Sep 09, 2020 12:53 pm

Ready1 wrote:
Rev 1:1  The Revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave unto him, to shew unto his servants things which must shortly come to pass; and he sent and signified it by his angel unto his servant John: 
Rev 1:2  Who bare record of the word of God, and of the testimony of Jesus Christ, and of all things that he saw. 

So the things that "must shortly come to pass" are things that come AFTER they are revealed by God to Jesus to the angel to John in AD50-70. From Jesus words, the time frame, thence, could be any time from when the words were spoken until today or until they are yet fulfilled in the future.

I don’t see anything in the above verse that would indicate or preclude that some of “the things that must shortly come to pass” might have already happened/had some fulfillment in the past.

sonbeam
Sonbeam

Postby Ready1 on Wed Sep 09, 2020 1:53 pm

Sonbeam wrote:
Ready1 wrote:

I don’t see anything in the above verse that would indicate or preclude that some of “the things that must shortly come to pass” might have already happened/had some fulfillment in the past.

sonbeam

I can agree that that is a possibility, but the time frame would have to be after the words were spoken to John up to 9/9/20. So if you can show that these points revealed by the Lord have been fulfilled (or even started) in that period, you could have a point.

At this point, I do not see them as having already happened.
Just observing.

E.
Ready1

Postby shorttribber on Wed Sep 09, 2020 4:13 pm

Ready1 wrote:
shorttribber wrote:

While what you say has truth to it, to relegate the words of the Revelation to that of history simply makes no sense in light of the first two verses of Revelation.

Rev 1:1 The Revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave unto him, to shew unto his servants things which must shortly come to pass; and he sent and signified it by his angel unto his servant John:
Rev 1:2 Who bare record of the word of God, and of the testimony of Jesus Christ, and of all things that he saw.

Insistence that they are historical does NOT make them historical.

First I've never imagined that insistance makes anything true. Have i ever said it did?
I could say the same upon your insistance, could i not?

At any rate and for the record, i don't hold any opinion regarding the seals even close to Sonbeam...although sonbeam has good reason to beleive as he does.

The only part of Johns vision that i regard as having occured before John received it, is the first few verses of Rev. 12.

All the things regarding the seals were future from Johns vision.....just some of the things DID SHORTLY Come to pass after his vision.
IMO, the seals began to be opened only about 200+ years later.
The timing I mention is based on the revelation occuring closer to about 96 ad rather than 50-70 ad.

Just so you know.
The Wisest men have changed their Counsels and Resolves upon second thoughts, much more upon experience, and approaching evils not at first discovered. Rev. Herbert Croft, 1675

Where no counsel is, the people fall: but in the multitude of counsellors there is safety.

shorttribber

Postby Ready1 on Thu Sep 10, 2020 8:16 am

shorttribber wrote:First I've never imagined that insistance makes anything true. Have i ever said it did?

At any rate and for the record, i don't hold any opinion regarding the seals even close to Sonbeam...although sonbeam has good reason to beleive as he does.

The only part of Johns vision that i regard as having occured before John received it, is the first few verses of Rev. 12.

All the things regarding the seals were future from Johns vision.....just some of the things DID SHORTLY Come to pass after his vision.
The timing I mention is based on the revelation occuring closer to about 96 ad rather than 50-70 ad.

Just so you know.

Thank you for your clarification. I would agree with you as well that the verses in Rev 12:1-5 are in the past.
Just observing.

E.
Ready1

Postby shorttribber on Thu Sep 10, 2020 4:20 pm

Ready1 wrote:
shorttribber wrote:First I've never imagined that insistance makes anything true. Have i ever said it did?

Just so you know.

Thank you for your clarification. I would agree with you as well that the verses in Rev 12:1-5 are in the past.

Ok, then if those verses in the beginning of chapter 12 were historic before the revelation to John, why not allow other parts to be historic before the visions to John?
I don't agree with sonbeam about the seals, but clearly you can't say your rule is applied in the seals but not in chapter 12.

Just say'n

shorttribber

Postby Spreading Salt on Thu Sep 10, 2020 8:02 pm

Revelation 5

5 Next I saw in the right hand of the One sitting on the throne a scroll with writing on both sides and sealed with seven seals; 2 and I saw a mighty angel proclaiming in a loud voice, “Who is worthy to open the scroll and break its seals?” 3 But no one in heaven, on earth or under the earth was able to open the scroll or look inside it. 4 I cried and cried, because no one was found worthy to open the scroll or look inside it. 5 One of the elders said to me, “Don’t cry. Look, the Lion of the tribe of Y’hudah, the Root of David, has won the right to open the scroll and its seven seals.”

6 Then I saw standing there with the throne and the four living beings, in the circle of the elders, a Lamb that appeared to have been slaughtered. He had seven horns and seven eyes, which are the sevenfold Spirit of God sent out into all the earth. 7 He came and took the scroll out of the right hand of the One sitting on the throne. 8 When he took the scroll, the four living beings and the twenty-four elders fell down in front of the Lamb. Each one held a harp and gold bowls filled with pieces of incense, which are the prayers of God’s people; 9 and they sang a new song,

“You are worthy to take the scroll and break its seals;
because you were slaughtered;
at the cost of blood you ransomed for God
persons from every tribe, language, people and nation.
10 You made them into a kingdom for God to rule,
cohanim to serve him;
and they will rule over the earth.”
11 Then I looked, and I heard the sound of a vast number of angels — thousands and thousands, millions and millions! They were all around the throne, the living beings and the elders; 12 and they shouted out,

“Worthy is the slaughtered Lamb to receive
power, riches, wisdom, strength,
honor, glory and praise!”
13 And I heard every creature in heaven, on earth, under the earth and on the sea — yes, everything in them — saying,

“To the One sitting on the throne
and to the Lamb
belong praise, honor, glory and power
forever and ever!”
14 The four living beings said, “Amen!” and the elders fell down and worshipped.

I believe that as soon as Yeshua :bowing: :bowing: :bowing: went to Heaven as the slain Lamb, He didn't sit around for millennia waiting to open the seals. No. He started opening them and got the ball rolling for the end of it all and the start of His reign. The first several seals are all spirits. They and their kind (death, famine, blah blah blah, have all been rampant throughout human history. The spirits are here reaking havoc on the world and allowing God's plans to unfold. Folks are being saved and sanctified in the midst of the seal spirits. The stage is set.

I also believe some of the trumpets have been blown.

Shocker.

Revelation is not a chronological order but scenes and scenes of this then that then the other.

It is NOT a salvation issue. Praise God.

We are close brothers and sisters! I am looking up daily, nightly, and in any other time the Lord comes to my mind to think about heavenly things.

Maranatha!!

SS
Spreading Salt
Supporting Member

Postby shorttribber on Thu Sep 10, 2020 8:43 pm

Spreading Salt wrote:
Revelation 5

5 Next I saw in the right hand of the One sitting on the throne a scroll with writing on both sides and sealed with seven seals; 2 and I saw a mighty angel proclaiming in a loud voice, “Who is worthy to open the scroll and break its seals?” 3 But no one in heaven, on earth or under the earth was able to open the scroll or look inside it. 4 I cried and cried, because no one was found worthy to open the scroll or look inside it. 5 One of the elders said to me, “Don’t cry. Look, the Lion of the tribe of Y’hudah, the Root of David, has won the right to open the scroll and its seven seals.”

6 Then I saw standing there with the throne and the four living beings, in the circle of the elders, a Lamb that appeared to have been slaughtered. He had seven horns and seven eyes, which are the sevenfold Spirit of God sent out into all the earth. 7 He came and took the scroll out of the right hand of the One sitting on the throne. 8 When he took the scroll, the four living beings and the twenty-four elders fell down in front of the Lamb. Each one held a harp and gold bowls filled with pieces of incense, which are the prayers of God’s people; 9 and they sang a new song,

“You are worthy to take the scroll and break its seals;
because you were slaughtered;
at the cost of blood you ransomed for God
persons from every tribe, language, people and nation.
10 You made them into a kingdom for God to rule,
cohanim to serve him;
and they will rule over the earth.”
11 Then I looked, and I heard the sound of a vast number of angels — thousands and thousands, millions and millions! They were all around the throne, the living beings and the elders; 12 and they shouted out,

“Worthy is the slaughtered Lamb to receive
power, riches, wisdom, strength,
honor, glory and praise!”
13 And I heard every creature in heaven, on earth, under the earth and on the sea — yes, everything in them — saying,

“To the One sitting on the throne
and to the Lamb
belong praise, honor, glory and power
forever and ever!”
14 The four living beings said, “Amen!” and the elders fell down and worshipped.

I believe that as soon as Yeshua :bowing: :bowing: :bowing: went to Heaven as the slain Lamb, He didn't sit around for millennia waiting to open the seals. No. He started opening them and got the ball rolling for the end of it all and the start of His reign. The first several seals are all spirits. They and their kind (death, famine, blah blah blah, have all been rampant throughout human history. The spirits are here reaking havoc on the world and allowing God's plans to unfold. Folks are being saved and sanctified in the midst of the seal spirits. The stage is set.

I also believe some of the trumpets have been blown.

Shocker.

Revelation is not a chronological order but scenes and scenes of this then that then the other.

It is NOT a salvation issue. Praise God.

We are close brothers and sisters! I am looking up daily, nightly, and in any other time the Lord comes to my mind to think about heavenly things.

Maranatha!!

SS

Very good post :grin:

shorttribber

Postby Ready1 on Thu Sep 10, 2020 9:43 pm

shorttribber wrote:
Ready1 wrote:

Just so you know.

Ok, then if those verses in the beginning of chapter 12 were historic before the revelation to John, why not allow other parts to be historic before the visions to John?
I don't agree with sonbeam about the seals, but clearly you can't say your rule is applied in the seals but not in chapter 12.

Just say'n

Jesus sets the scenario in verses 1-5 so that you and I could understand what he is revealing in verses 6-17. He tells us in graphic terms who the woman is, who the man child is, and who the dragon is by their biblical history. He does this in order that we may decipher the prophecy that yet occurs in the rest of the chapter. Without these explanatory verses, you and I would have no clue as to the identity of the woman or of the man child.

Its not that hard to figure out why Jesus put these things forth in a way that John (and you and I) could clearly distinguish who He is talking about.
Just observing.

E.
Ready1

Postby shorttribber on Fri Sep 11, 2020 10:20 am

What does that have to do with viewing the seals historically or not!?

And there is still no clear agreement on verses 1-5 either.

So to me it has no bearing at all on your rule in one place versus the other.

shorttribber

Postby Ready1 on Fri Sep 11, 2020 12:28 pm

Just trying to clarify my thought process on your example of Rev 12:1-5.
Just observing.

E.
Ready1

Return to Prophecy Questions/Answers