What all would qualify as "pestilence"? Matt 24:7

Where anyone can ask or answer a question.

What all would qualify as "pestilence"? Matt 24:7

Postby Ready1 on Tue Jun 30, 2020 5:45 pm

I would think that the Locust plague in much of the earth and Covid 19 would both qualify. Probably Ebola which has had a recent resurgence in Africa.

Any other ideas?
Just observing.

E.
Ready1

Re: What all would qualify as "pestilence"? Matt 24:7

Postby slick on Wed Jul 01, 2020 2:51 am

Hello,
Pestilence is any type of deadly plague either animal insect or illness...so what we are seeing in the covid is PESTILENCE. combined with the lawlessness of the BLM and other factions. I am watching for someone to step up and promise to end all of this with a show of power that he can....I.E (A/C)
In His Name !!
Clarence
slick

Postby Ready1 on Wed Jul 01, 2020 8:41 am

Does the lawlessness that we see fulfill the following passage from Matt 24?

Mat 24:12  And because iniquity shall abound, the love of many shall wax cold. (KJV)

Mat 24:12 And because lawlessness will be increased, the love of many will grow cold. (ESV) 
Just observing.

E.
Ready1

Postby slick on Thu Jul 02, 2020 3:55 am

Ready1 wrote:Does the lawlessness that we see fulfill the following passage from Matt 24?

Mat 24:12  And because iniquity shall abound, the love of many shall wax cold. (KJV)

Mat 24:12 And because lawlessness will be increased, the love of many will grow cold. (ESV) 

Hello,
Ive learned to be very cautious when determining or suggesting prophetic fulfillment yet I do observe the events and see much correlation to what the bible speaks of in the very end of time. that being said....
lawlessness as described in the text is a society that has NO BOUNDARIES and due to the bombardment of political-social chaos cease to care,,,,sounds a lot like what we are seeing...

If I had to guess (a slippery word with scripture/prophecy) I would say were are somewhere in the 6th seal and A/C will rear his ugly head soon. but these things we are seeing would appear to be only THE BEGINNING BIRTH PAINS the "REAL" stuff is after the a/c is unmasked.

The battle Rages Til The LION ROARS!!,
Clarence
slick

Postby shorttribber on Thu Jul 02, 2020 6:24 am

slick wrote:
Ready1 wrote:Does the lawlessness that we see fulfill the following passage from Matt 24?

Hello,
Ive learned to be very cautious when determining or suggesting prophetic fulfillment yet I do observe the events and see much correlation to what the bible speaks of in the very end of time. that being said....
lawlessness as described in the text is a society that has NO BOUNDARIES and due to the bombardment of political-social chaos cease to care,,,,sounds a lot like what we are seeing...

If I had to guess (a slippery word with scripture/prophecy) I would say were are somewhere in the 6th seal and A/C will rear his ugly head soon. but these things we are seeing would appear to be only THE BEGINNING BIRTH PAINS the "REAL" stuff is after the a/c is unmasked.

The battle Rages Til The LION ROARS!!,
Clarence

I agree, regarding the seal timming too
The Wisest men have changed their Counsels and Resolves upon second thoughts, much more upon experience, and approaching evils not at first discovered. Rev. Herbert Croft, 1675

Where no counsel is, the people fall: but in the multitude of counsellors there is safety.

Find seven years of tribulation plainly stated in the Bible.
shorttribber

Postby Ready1 on Thu Jul 02, 2020 8:43 am

slick wrote:If I had to guess (a slippery word with scripture/prophecy) I would say were are somewhere in the 6th seal and A/C will rear his ugly head soon.

shorttribber wrote:I agree, regarding the seal timming too

If you gentlemen are correct and this is true, we shall know very shortly.

(Just out of curiosity, if it doesn't happen quickly, how much time would you give before you said that this timetable is not correct?)
Just observing.

E.
Ready1

Postby shorttribber on Thu Jul 02, 2020 10:02 am

Ready1 wrote:
slick wrote:If I had to guess (a slippery word with scripture/prophecy) I would say were are somewhere in the 6th seal and A/C will rear his ugly head soon.

shorttribber wrote:I agree, regarding the seal timming too

If you gentlemen are correct and this is true, we shall know very shortly.

(Just out of curiosity, if it doesn't happen quickly, how much time would you give before you said that this timetable is not correct?)

Interestingly, I can't give a time, as I see the entire group of seals as an overview of the main vision. The main vision is Still Sealed, and unable to be Revealed in "Real Time" as we know it, when the Seventh seal is opened. That is where I believe we are Now, waiting the opening of the Seventh Seal.
The Wisest men have changed their Counsels and Resolves upon second thoughts, much more upon experience, and approaching evils not at first discovered. Rev. Herbert Croft, 1675

Where no counsel is, the people fall: but in the multitude of counsellors there is safety.

shorttribber

Postby Ready1 on Thu Jul 02, 2020 9:53 pm

Any other thoughts out there? :grin:
Just observing.

E.
Ready1

Postby slick on Fri Jul 03, 2020 2:48 am

Hello Short & Ready,
when the Seventh seal is opened.
shorttrib

I totally agree at the opening of the 7th coinciding with the 7 trumpet...we will see A/C revealed the angelic warnings and the beginnings of the GOD plagues...and I also agree til we see those things Particularly the angelic warning

REVELATION 14
" And I saw another angel flying in midheaven, having an eternal gospel to preach to those who live on the earth, and to every nation and tribe and tongue and people;
and he said with a loud voice, "Fear God, and give Him glory, because the hour of His judgment has come; worship Him who made the heaven and the earth and sea and springs of waters."
And another angel, a second one, followed, saying, "Fallen, fallen is Babylon the great, she who has made all the nations drink of the wine of the passion of her immorality."
Then another angel, a third one, followed them, saying with a loud voice, "If anyone worships the beast and his image, and receives a mark on his forehead or on his hand,"

MATTHEW 24:14
"This gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in the whole world as a testimony to all the nations, and then the end will come.

After these events we will know who a/c is for certain there will be a definitive separation of believers and non.

The Battle Rages til the Lion Roars!!,
In His Grace,
Clarence
slick

Postby shorttribber on Fri Jul 03, 2020 5:48 am

Only I don't believe the 7th seal and 7th Trump coincide. Will explain tonight got to go to work now

shorttribber

Postby Jericho on Fri Jul 03, 2020 7:59 am

The bible uses pestilence to mean plague, disease, and death. However, there seems to be a distinction between a locust plague and pestilence:

“When I shut up heaven and there is no rain, or command the locusts to devour the land, or send pestilence among My people" (2Ch 7:13)
Formerly SwordOfGideon
Jericho

Postby Ready1 on Fri Jul 03, 2020 12:25 pm

Jericho wrote:The bible uses pestilence to mean plague, disease, and death. However, there seems to be a distinction between a locust plague and pestilence:

“When I shut up heaven and there is no rain, or command the locusts to devour the land, or send pestilence among My people" (2Ch 7:13)

Great scripture!
Just observing.

E.
Ready1

Postby shorttribber on Fri Jul 03, 2020 2:01 pm

Ready1 wrote:
Jericho wrote:The bible uses pestilence to mean plague, disease, and death. However, there seems to be a distinction between a locust plague and pestilence:

Great scripture!

Yep

shorttribber

Postby shorttribber on Fri Jul 03, 2020 3:23 pm

shorttribber wrote:Only I don't believe the 7th seal and 7th Trump coincide. Will explain tonight got to go to work now

I understand your reasoning Slick, about the 6th/7th seal and 7th trump corilation.
I too understand that the last words " his wrath has come and who shall be able to stand" are nearly exactly the same in Rev. 11 when the 7th trump sounds..then the white robed are seen (Rev 7), the redeemed of all the earth, i understand that.

Ok, let me explain.

The scroll is an ancient form of book, we all know that. My view is that the seals, all of them are of a Prefix nature or introductory nature (condensed) Layout of the Main Vision.
The reason for Portions of Revelation from the scroll CAN At This Point be "Understood", is because the scroll is PARTIALY Opened Already.
Let's imagine how it may look sitting on a table as each seal is opened. After each seal is opened, the scroll opens just a bit, maybe we get a "Peek" at what's inside...and after each seal is opened, another "peek"....but we can only Understand "In Part/Partialy" untill the Sevetn Seal is opened.
Then the Complete Vision can be "Revaeled" in Real Time as we know it.

We are waiting for that seal, that's what i think.

I'm waiting for These four things occur on the earth.....

First......the Abomination of Desolation to be ESTABLISHED, "SEEN" and Understood by the Saint's.

Second......the Sealing of the 144,000 (this is the Last thing that can be "Peeked at" before the Seventh seal actually opens.

Third......the Two Witness, they shall not be Known until the seventh seal opens.

Fourth......1 And after these things I saw four angels standing on the four corners of the earth, holding the four winds of the earth, that the wind should not blow on the earth, nor on the sea, nor on any tree.

These things coincide with the Real Timing of the opening of the Seventh Seal.

THEN, the Revelation of all the things that will occur during the Great Trib WILL BEGIN. The time of Perfected Knowledge Will Commence, Perfected Walk and Perfected Prophetic Testimony in the Saints will begin. Unity in the Saints and the Glory of God will begin to be Fully Revealed in us.

That's what i think, and that's what i'm waiting for.....Soon.

shorttribber

Postby Ready1 on Sun Jul 05, 2020 8:50 am

shorttribber wrote:That's what i think, and that's what i'm waiting for.....Soon.

How soon? 2 weeks, 2 months, 2 years, 20 years, 200 years, 2000 years?

Oh, and the topic was pestilence... :grin:
Just observing.

E.
Ready1

Postby shorttribber on Sun Jul 05, 2020 9:13 am

Ready1 wrote:
shorttribber wrote:That's what i think, and that's what i'm waiting for.....Soon.

Maybe 2 months. The scarcness of food and desease just seem to coincide many times.

Maybe the 9th of Av, this year is a possible time

shorttribber

Postby Ready1 on Sun Jul 05, 2020 2:05 pm

shorttribber wrote:First......the Abomination of Desolation to be ESTABLISHED, "SEEN" and Understood by the Saint's.

Second......the Sealing of the 144,000 (this is the Last thing that can be "Peeked at" before the Seventh seal actually opens.

Third......the Two Witness, they shall not be Known until the seventh seal opens.

Fourth......1 And after these things I saw four angels standing on the four corners of the earth, holding the four winds of the earth, that the wind should not blow on the earth, nor on the sea, nor on any tree.

So if you did not see these things by the end of the year 2020, would you agree or disagree that that it is impossible that the 7th seal has been opened? On another note, is there any indicator which makes you think that the action of the sealing of the 144,000 by the angels will be visible to humanity on the earth?
Just observing.

E.
Ready1

Postby shorttribber on Sun Jul 05, 2020 3:20 pm

Ready1 wrote:
shorttribber wrote:First......the Abomination of Desolation to be ESTABLISHED, "SEEN" and Understood by the Saint's.

So if you did not see these things by the end of the year 2020, would you agree or disagree that that it is impossible that the 7th seal has been opened? On another note, is there any indicator which makes you think that the action of the sealing of the 144,000 by the angels will be visible to humanity on the earth?

I would disagree, regarding the first question. The times of any of the seals have been and will be only in God's hand. I'm just waiting, and the time seems right, very right.

Not seeing the seventh open by year's end will mean only that my wait continues, and nothing more.

As to the sealing and the visible accomplishing of it, I have no answer, just don't know either way.

shorttribber

Postby Jay Ross on Sun Jul 05, 2020 11:01 pm

shorttribber wrote:<snip>

I'm waiting for These four things occur on the earth.....

First......the Abomination of Desolation to be ESTABLISHED, "SEEN" and Understood by the Saint's.

These things coincide with the Real Timing of the opening of the Seventh Seal.

THEN, the Revelation of all the things that will occur during the Great Trib WILL BEGIN. The time of Perfected Knowledge Will Commence, Perfected Walk and Perfected Prophetic Testimony in the Saints will begin. Unity in the Saints and the Glory of God will begin to be Fully Revealed in us.

That's what i think, and that's what i'm waiting for.....Soon.

I have no trouble with the list as presented by ST, my problem is the expectation that the first listed item will not occur for another 1,000 plus years, yet it is being suggested that it will occur within the next year or two. The two witness cannot happen until the Bottomless Pit is opened first so that the beast can rise up out of the abyss.

For me it is all about getting the timeline of the event into their right order. An expectation that many will occur in our near future suggests that the timeline is rather off key in its construction.

Shalom
Last edited by Jay Ross on Mon Jul 06, 2020 1:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jay Ross

Postby Ready1 on Mon Jul 06, 2020 8:06 am

Ready1 wrote:

Since double negatives don't work too good, I would rephrase my question in an effort to understand your answer.

So if you did not see these things by the end of the year 2020, would you still say that the 7th seal has been opened? or would you say that it has not been opened?

As a pretribber, I am waiting for the coming of the Lord, after which Seal 1-4 will reduce the population of the earth by nearly 2 billion people, then Seal 5 and its martyrs, Seal 6 with its cosmic destruction, and THEN Seal 7 with it's terrors and further reduction of the population of the earth by nearly another 2 billion people.

If & when all those things occur, I will agree with you that the 7th Seal has been opened. But we have been through all of this before...and we really do need to get back to pestilence. :grin:
Just observing.

E.
Ready1

Postby shorttribber on Mon Jul 06, 2020 9:01 am

Hi Ready,
Sorry for any confussion.
I would say that if all four things that I listed did not occur in 2020, or any time after that, the seventh seal has Not opened.

Back to pestilence.

shorttribber

Postby Ready1 on Mon Jul 06, 2020 9:42 am

Got it. Thank you!
Just observing.

E.
Ready1

Postby Seeker on Wed Aug 05, 2020 7:55 am

Hi Ready1,

Liking your topic threads. I hold a bit different view than most. Let me briefly show you why.

Rev 6:12  And I beheld when he had opened the sixth seal, and, lo, there was a great earthquake; and the sun became black as sackcloth of hair, and the moon became as blood; 
Rev 6:13  And the stars of heaven fell unto the earth, even as a fig tree casteth her untimely figs, when she is shaken of a mighty wind. 
Rev 6:14  And the heaven departed as a scroll when it is rolled together; and every mountain and island were moved out of their places. 
Rev 6:15  And the kings of the earth, and the great men, and the rich men, and the chief captains, and the mighty men, and every bondman, and every free man, hid themselves in the dens and in the rocks of the mountains; 
Rev 6:16  And said to the mountains and rocks, Fall on us, and hide us from the face of him that sitteth on the throne, and from the wrath of the Lamb:

Notice the things that occur at the 6th seal. sun/moon/stars darkened...stars of heaven falling to earth....heaven departs as a scroll rolled together...every mountain and island are moved out of their place...kings/great/rich/chief captains/mighty/every bondman/every free man hid themselves in dens and rocks of mountains imploring the mountains to fall on them to hide them from the face of Him that sits on the throne and from the wrath of the Lamb.

Rev 7:3  Saying, Hurt not the earth, neither the sea, nor the trees, till we have sealed the servants of our God in their foreheads.

Rev 7:9  After this I beheld, and, lo, a great multitude, which no man could number, of all nations, and kindreds, and people, and tongues, stood before the throne, and before the Lamb, clothed with white robes, and palms in their hands; 
Rev 7:10  And cried with a loud voice, saying, Salvation to our God which sitteth upon the throne, and unto the Lamb.

This is presumably the 7th seal since these things follow the 6th and we see Jesus reigning amonst those who came out of great tribulation. 

Rev 11:15  And the seventh angel sounded; and there were great voices in heaven, saying, The kingdoms of this world are become the kingdoms of our Lord, and of his Christ; and he shall reign for ever and ever.

When the 7th Trumpet sounds the kingdoms of the world become kingdoms of Christ and He will reign forever.

Rev 16:15  Behold, I come as a thief. Blessed is he that watcheth, and keepeth his garments, lest he walk naked, and they see his shame. 
Rev 16:16  And he gathered them together into a place called in the Hebrew tongue Armageddon
Rev 16:17  And the seventh angel poured out his vial into the air; and there came a great voice out of the temple of heaven, from the throne, saying, It is done. 

Rev 16:20  And every island fled away, and the mountains were not found.

At the 6th vial Christ gathers the armies to Armageddon and then the 7th vial and an angel pronounces it is done. In all three cases Jesus returns at the 7th of each. Notice Rev 6:14 and Rev 16:20. They both have every mountain and island moved out of their places. That can only occur once. Jesus returns at at the end of each sequence of judgments. Jesus doesn't return 3 times so these must all be speaking of the same set of events.

The seals/trumpet/vials occur in parallel not as a series of events. The seal opens the judgment, the trumpet announces the judgment, and the vial is the poured out judgment. So from my perspective we are still awaiting the first of each.

Peace,
Seeker
Let both grow together until the harvest: and in the time of harvest I will say to the reapers, Gather ye together first the tares, and bind them in bundles to burn them: but gather the wheat into my barn.

So shall it be at the end of the world: the angels shall come forth, and sever the wicked from among the just,
Seeker

Postby Seeker on Wed Aug 05, 2020 8:25 am

Now relating back to the topic.

Mat 24:6  And ye shall hear of wars and rumours of wars: see that ye be not troubled: for all these things must come to pass, but the end is not yet. 
Mat 24:7  For nation shall rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom: and there shall be famines, and pestilences, and earthquakes, in divers places. 
Mat 24:8  All these are the beginning of sorrows.

Mat 24:29  Immediately after the tribulation of those days shall the sun be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light, and the stars shall fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens shall be shaken: 

Rev 6:12  And I beheld when he had opened the sixth seal, and, lo, there was a great earthquake; and the sun became black as sackcloth of hair, and the moon became as blood; 
Rev 6:13  And the stars of heaven fell unto the earth, even as a fig tree casteth her untimely figs, when she is shaken of a mighty wind. 
Rev 6:14  And the heaven departed as a scroll when it is rolled together; and every mountain and island were moved out of their places.

The 6th seal is shown in Matt 24:29 and would be very hard not to notice here on earth. Sun/stars/moon darkened with stars falling from heaven plus the powers of heaven shaken. The 7th seal hasn't happened yet nor is close to happening until we witness these cataclysmic events in the cosmos.

Mat 24:6  And ye shall hear of wars and rumours of wars: see that ye be not troubled: for all these things must come to pass, but the end is not yet. 
Mat 24:7  For nation shall rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom: and there shall be famines, and pestilences, and earthquakes, in divers places. 
Mat 24:8  All these are the beginning of sorrows.

The famines and pestilences prior to these cosmic signs I believe have began. Covid/locusts/worldwide unrest like I have never seen before in all my years would seem to point to birth pangs. The thing we haven't really seen too much of though are the earthquakes mentioned. So I think we are at the very beginning of Matt 24 in the AC kingdom formation phase, i.e. wars and rumors of war.

Peace,
Seeker
Let both grow together until the harvest: and in the time of harvest I will say to the reapers, Gather ye together first the tares, and bind them in bundles to burn them: but gather the wheat into my barn.

So shall it be at the end of the world: the angels shall come forth, and sever the wicked from among the just,
Seeker

Postby Ready1 on Sun Sep 27, 2020 8:33 am

shorttribber wrote:
Ready1 wrote:

Maybe 2 months. The scarcness of food and desease just seem to coincide many times.

Maybe the 9th of Av, this year is a possible time

Hi ST. Since several months have passed since your posting, do you see this as having happened at this time or are we still waiting?
Just observing.

E.
Ready1

Postby Ready1 on Sun Sep 27, 2020 8:36 am

Seeker wrote:The famines and pestilences prior to these cosmic signs I believe have began. Covid/locusts/worldwide unrest like I have never seen before in all my years would seem to point to birth pangs. The thing we haven't really seen too much of though are the earthquakes mentioned. So I think we are at the very beginning of Matt 24 in the AC kingdom formation phase, i.e. wars and rumors of war.

I would agree that we are in the time of "birth pangs."
Just observing.

E.
Ready1

Return to Prophecy Questions/Answers