"Many will come"

Where anyone can ask or answer a question.

"Many will come"

Postby extravagantchristian on Fri May 01, 2020 11:24 am

Matthew 24
4 And Jesus answered and said to them: “Take heed that no one deceives you. 5 For many will come in My name, saying, ‘I am the Christ,’ and will deceive many.

I KNOW, everybody always says, this has already happened. And yes, there have been many insane people claiming to be Jesus, I know that. But Just assume for a minute, that this HASN'T already happened. Because never in the history of ever has anyone claimed to be Jesus, AND done "great signs and miracles" to back it up. It hasn't happened.

Are you aware that this will be the first sign of the end times? That there will be many, not one two three or four, MANY people doing great big miracles on the earth to deceive many?

Does anbody know that jesus mentions this sign as the first sign of His coming in all 3 gospels?

Has anybody pictured what that will look like?

I just wonder because I've never heard one person or preacher bring this up, the most important key thing of the end times. This is it right here. This is the great delusion.

Most people in the world have heard of the antichrist, he's in the left behind movie. But the left behind movie left this part out.

It's right here in plain sight in the bible the most popular book in the world and yet hidden from most nearly everybody.

Why don't people talk about the number one deception of the devil in the last days? Not one sermon have I heard. I'm just baffled right now when I think about it.

This is the first sign that's going to happen, And nobody knows, nobody's ready for it. How can that be?

Matthew 24
3 Now as He sat on the Mount of Olives, the disciples came to Him privately, saying, “Tell us, when will these things be? And what will be the sign of Your coming, and of the end of the age?”

4 And Jesus answered and said to them: “Take heed that no one deceives you. 5 For many will come in My name, saying, ‘I am the Christ,’ and will deceive many.

24 For false christs and false prophets will rise and show great signs and wonders to deceive, if possible, even the elect. 25 See, I have told you beforehand.

7 So they asked Him, saying, “Teacher, but when will these things be? And what sign will there be when these things are about to take place?”

8 And He said: “Take heed that you not be deceived. For many will come in My name, saying, ‘I am He,’ and, ‘The time has drawn near.’ Therefore do not go after them.

Mark 13
4 “Tell us, when will these things be? And what will be the sign when all these things will be fulfilled?”

5 And Jesus, answering them, began to say: “Take heed that no one deceives you. 6 For many will come in My name, saying, ‘I am He,’ and will deceive many.

21 “Then if anyone says to you, ‘Look, here is the Christ!’ or, ‘Look, He is there!’ do not believe it. 22 For false christs and false prophets will rise and show signs and wonders to deceive, if possible, even the elect.
Matthew 1:22
So all this was done that it might be fulfilled which was spoken by the Lord through the prophets
extravagantchristian

Re: "Many will come"

Postby bchandler on Sun May 03, 2020 10:49 am

I have been convinced for some time (ever since the democrats deliberately took all mention of God out of their official platform) that they were under this great delusion. It certainly appears that their leadership and many subordinates have been given over to this "reprobate mind" the scripture talks about.

I have been telling my family for quite a while that I believe that the great delusion of scripture is in full swing. So, you are not alone in this, and there are plenty of other Christians out there who are aware, awake, and watching.
I am not a god or a doctor, and nothing i say should be construed as medical advice or even as correct. I am merely a living soul who is exercising my unalienable rights, endowed upon me by my creator, and recognized in the Constitution for the united States of America, to freely speak about the things i believe. No other soul should grant my words any weight without first determining their credibility and/or accuracy for themselves.
bchandler

Postby extravagantchristian on Sun May 03, 2020 7:17 pm

Well actually I meant that the many people who will claim to be messiah, and do great miracles and wonders that will be the great delusion.

But yeah, democrats are defiantly delusional :wink:
So all this was done that it might be fulfilled which was spoken by the Lord through the prophets
extravagantchristian

Postby Exit40 on Mon May 04, 2020 7:02 am

“You don’t need God anymore; you have us Democrats.” ~Nancy Pelosi (Quoted in 2006)

And other great quotes

God Bless

David
Eph 2:8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God

T'was Grace that taught my heart to fear.
And Grace, my fears relieved.
How precious did that Grace appear
The hour I first believed.
Exit40
Supporting Member

Postby Sonbeam on Wed May 06, 2020 10:01 am

Hi EC,

You are speaking of Mat 24: 4-5 right?

Mat 24:4-5 NASB
4. And Jesus answered and said to them, “See to it that no one misleads you.
5 “For many will come in My name, saying, ‘I am the Christ,’ and will mislead many.”

The quotation marks (ancient Greeks used no punctuation) around the phrase, ‘I am the Christ’ are misleading because it makes the reader think that Jesus is speaking about false messiahs that would come.

But that makes no sense because Jesus said the many would come in His Name.

If a person says he comes in Jesus’ name, meaning on His behalf, as His representative, or as called to ministry by Jesus, as verse 5 reads, and immediately following identifies himself as being Christ, could he deceive anyone?

In effect, that person would be saying, “I come in Jesus’ name. I am the Christ.” You see what I mean?

What Jesus was warning His apostles about in Mat 24:4-5 was the “wolves in sheep’s” clothing He spoke of in
Mat 7:15-23. The ones to whom He will tell He never knew them.

They are those people who do say Jesus is the Christ, and who come into Christian congregations in leadership roles or who form their own congregations, but they preach doctrines that are not biblical and lead believers astray.

Spirit of Error often warns believers about some people’s unbiblical doctrines.

Some of those people could possibly be those Jesus warned believers about. But He’s the only one Who can make that judgment.

:blessyou:

sonbeam
Last edited by Sonbeam on Wed May 06, 2020 5:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sonbeam

Postby shorttribber on Wed May 06, 2020 10:10 am

Sonbeam wrote:Hi EC,

5 “For many will come in My name, saying, ‘I am the Christ,’ and will mislead many.”

The quotation marks (ancient Greeks used no punctuation) around the phrase, ‘I am the Christ’ are misleading because it makes the reader think that Jesus is speaking about false messiahs that would come.

If a person says he comes in Jesus’ name, meaning on His behalf, as His representative, or as called to ministry by Jesus, as verse 5 reads, and immediately following identifies himself as being Christ, could he deceive anyone?

In effect, that person would be saying, “I come in Jesus’ name. I am the Christ.” You see what I mean?

What Jesus was warning His apostles about in Mat 24:4-5 was the “wolves in sheep’s” clothing He spoke of in

They are those people who do say Jesus is the Christ, and who come into Christian congregations in leadership roles or who form their own congregations, but they preach doctrines that are not biblical and lead believers astray.

Spirit of Error warns about those people often.

sonbeam

I believe that is the correct sense according to the text Sonbeam. And very good point, in his name And I am Christ, is contrary
The Wisest men have changed their Counsels and Resolves upon second thoughts, much more upon experience, and approaching evils not at first discovered. Rev. Herbert Croft, 1675

Where no counsel is, the people fall: but in the multitude of counsellors there is safety.

Find seven years of tribulation plainly stated in the Bible.
shorttribber

Postby Sonbeam on Wed May 06, 2020 10:25 am

The following is an excerpt from an article written by Micheal W. Palmer,
Greek Language and Linguistics Professor

https://www.greeklanguage.blog/?p=657

Punctuation in Ancient Greek Texts, Part I

The ancient Greeks did not have any equivalent to our modern device of punctuation. Sentence punctuation was invented several centuries after the time of Christ. The oldest copies of both the Greek New Testament and the Hebrew Old Testament are written with no punctuation.
In addition, the ancient Greeks used no spaces between words or paragraphs. Texts were a continuous string of letters, with an occasional blank line inserted to mark the end of a major section, though even this was not always done.
They also had no equivalent to our lower case letters. Texts were written in all capitals.

sonbeam
Sonbeam

Postby bchandler on Wed May 06, 2020 12:06 pm

So, these NAR leaders would possibly fall into this category of people coming in his name, and deceiving many?
I am not a god or a doctor, and nothing i say should be construed as medical advice or even as correct. I am merely a living soul who is exercising my unalienable rights, endowed upon me by my creator, and recognized in the Constitution for the united States of America, to freely speak about the things i believe. No other soul should grant my words any weight without first determining their credibility and/or accuracy for themselves.
bchandler

Postby extravagantchristian on Wed May 06, 2020 12:41 pm

sonbeam

Sonbeam, that's interesting, you might be right. BUT no one one has EVER come in his name doing many signs and wonders.
Deceiving many. It hasn't happened. Which was my point to begin with :) If this hasn't happened yet, then it seems there will be quite something when it does happen. Something that the world isn't prepared for.
extravagantchristian

Postby WOODHENOT3 on Wed May 06, 2020 3:34 pm

sonbeam

Amen Sonbeam, I have had always believed the scripture referring to the "wolves in sheep's clothing" also...

Many blessings!
Last edited by WOODHENOT3 on Wed May 06, 2020 7:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
In Christ Always,
Woody
WOODHENOT3

Postby extravagantchristian on Wed May 06, 2020 4:59 pm

This is the part that everyone is missing....

"They will do great signs and wonders to deceive many."

Hasn't ever happened yet. :deadhorse:
extravagantchristian

Postby Sonbeam on Wed May 06, 2020 5:36 pm

bchandler wrote:So, these NAR leaders would possibly fall into this category of people coming in his name, and deceiving many?

Thank you for asking this question BC.

It made me go back and reread the last sentence in my original post. I just edited those words to express what I really meant, but didn't come across that way.

In answer to your question, yes, it is possible that they could fall into the category Jesus spoke about. But Christ
is the only One who can make that judgment.

One thing we need to do for sure is follow the Lord's guidance regarding false prophets.

Mat 7:15-16, 20 NASB

15 “Beware of the false prophets, who come to you in sheep’s clothing, but inwardly are ravenous wolves.

16 “You will know them by their fruits. Grapes are not gathered from thorn bushes nor figs from thistles, are they?
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
20. “So then, you will know them by their fruits.

sonbeam
Last edited by Sonbeam on Wed May 06, 2020 5:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sonbeam

Postby Sonbeam on Wed May 06, 2020 5:40 pm

extravagantchristian wrote:This is the part that everyone is missing....

You are referring to Mat 24:24 then, not to Mat 24:4-5 as I asked you when I posted.
You did not answer my question so I wrote my post on those scriptures.

24 For false christs and false prophets will rise and show great signs and wonders to deceive, if possible, even the elect. 25 See, I have told you beforehand.

I would say that perhaps some of this could have already happened in some areas of the world, and we haven't heard about it.

sonbeam
Sonbeam

Postby extravagantchristian on Thu May 07, 2020 8:01 am

Sonbeam wrote:

You are referring to Mat 24:24 then, not to Mat 24:4-5 as I asked you when I posted.

I would say that perhaps some of this could have already happened in some areas of the world, and we haven't heard about it.

sonbeam

And maybe aliens could have landed in other parts of the world?
extravagantchristian

Postby Loop on Thu May 07, 2020 9:40 am

Hasn't ever happened yet

Would flying planes, and heart transplants ect. not be great signs and wonders, I know an awful lot of people who seem to worship doctors, just wondering... :dunno:

I know my total hip replacement was amazing although I don't worship the dr, I just know some who seem too.
Psalms 91
1 He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty.
2 I will say of the LORD, He is my refuge and my fortress: my God; in him will I trust.
Loop

Postby Sonbeam on Thu May 07, 2020 11:54 am

extravagantchristian wrote:
Sonbeam wrote:

sonbeam

And maybe aliens could have landed in other parts of the world?

We wouldn't know about that either :lol: since Jesus gave the warning in Mat 24 over two thousand years ago. A lot of time has passed since then. And we weren't there throughout most of that time. :grin:

By the way EC, you again didn't confirm that Mat 24:24 was the exact scripture you had in mind when you opened up
this thread?

Then how do you expect for anyone to be able to give you the answer you want to hear ..... one that will agree with your interpretation?

sonbeam
Last edited by Sonbeam on Thu May 07, 2020 12:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sonbeam

Postby Sonbeam on Thu May 07, 2020 12:02 pm

Loop wrote:

Hasn't ever happened yet

Would flying planes, and heart transplants ect. not be great signs and wonders, I know an awful lot of people who seem to worship doctors, just wondering... :dunno:

I know my total hip replacement was amazing although I don't worship the dr, I just know some who seem too.

Hi Loop,

Those are "great signs and wonders" given to us by our Lord. Praise His Name!!

Thanks for reminding us. We take those gifts for granted.

And your total hip replacement is truly amazing! Thank you Lord!

sonbeam
Sonbeam

Postby WOODHENOT3 on Thu May 07, 2020 7:35 pm

Sonbeam wrote:
Loop wrote:

Hasn't ever happened yet

Hi Loop,

Those are "great signs and wonders" given to us by our Lord. Praise His Name!!

Thanks for reminding us. We take those gifts for granted.

And your total hip replacement is truly amazing! Thank you Lord!

sonbeam

You know, I was thinking the same thing... I have a Cochlear Implant in both ears and every once in a while I thank the Awesome Lord for blessing me with my hearing, so all the amazing technologies for people to see, hear, walk is a great wonder and many people would worship their doctors, scientists or the technologies itself...I had to confront many people who told me that. "my miracle to hear wasn't from God, doctors performed the miracle..."

Interesting....
In Christ Always,
Woody
WOODHENOT3

Return to Prophecy Questions/Answers