Sign of the Son of man

Where anyone can ask or answer a question.

Sign of the Son of man

Postby Ready1 on Fri Apr 17, 2020 4:34 pm

Mat_24:30  And then shall appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven: and then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn, and they shall see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory.

Any special feel for what the "sign of the Son of man" is?

I have wondered if this next verse may be tied to the previous but have no way to be sure.

Rev 14:6  And I saw another angel fly in the midst of heaven, having the everlasting gospel to preach unto them that dwell on the earth, and to every nation, and kindred, and tongue, and people, 
Rev 14:7  Saying with a loud voice, Fear God, and give glory to him; for the hour of his judgment is come: and worship him that made heaven, and earth, and the sea, and the fountains of waters. 
Just observing.

E.
Ready1

Re: Sign of the Son of man

Postby Sonbeam on Fri Apr 17, 2020 5:44 pm

The sign of the Son of God is the Cross.

I believe all men will see a vision of our Lord on the Cross at His Second Coming.

Zechariah 12

10 “And I will pour out on the house of David and the inhabitants of Jerusalem a spirit[a] of grace and supplication. They will look on[b] me, the one they have pierced, and they will mourn for him as one mourns for an only child, and grieve bitterly for him as one grieves for a firstborn son. 11 On that day the weeping in Jerusalem will be as great as the weeping of Hadad Rimmon in the plain of Megiddo.

sonbeam
Sonbeam

Postby Mr Baldy on Fri Apr 17, 2020 6:02 pm

Ready1 wrote:Any special feel for what the "sign of the Son of man" is?

I have a feeling it will be a "Flaming Sword."

A Flaming Sword was used to guard the Tree of Life (Genesis 3:22-34) - and used in symbolic and metaphorical language for meaning at the Return of Christ. (Revelation 1:16; 19:15)
Mr Baldy

Postby extravagantchristian on Sat Apr 18, 2020 4:53 pm

I know what it is! I had a dream about it. The sign of his coming is Him. Jesus is traveling down to earth but not just by himself. In the dream I saw the sign, it started out as a bright dot in the sky and got a little closer and a little bigger each day...and for some reason every day was dark.

As it got closer though, it was not a happy feeling on earth, it was themost terrifying thing you could imagine because everybody knew that he was coming for vengance and there was absolutely no where you could hide. I wondered why God let me feel that, but I remember Daniel felt really upset after he saw a vision.

So as the sign got closer to earth I would just describe it like an elaborate city with lots of lights, think it was circular, and had more than one circle to it. Maybe not a city, but it was the size of a city.

I think his angels will be traveling with him.
Matthew 1:22
So all this was done that it might be fulfilled which was spoken by the Lord through the prophets
extravagantchristian

Postby Ready1 on Wed Apr 29, 2020 10:37 am

From the lack of discussion and the variability of the few answers, I would say that there is no consensus on what the "sign of the Son of man" means.
Just observing.

E.
Ready1

Postby shorttribber on Wed Apr 29, 2020 5:21 pm

extravagantchristian wrote:I know what it is! I had a dream about it. The sign of his coming is Him. Jesus is traveling down to earth but not just by himself. In the dream I saw the sign, it started out as a bright dot in the sky and got a little closer and a little bigger each day...and for some reason every day was dark.

As it got closer though, it was not a happy feeling on earth, it was themost terrifying thing you could imagine because everybody knew that he was coming for vengance and there was absolutely no where you could hide. I wondered why God let me feel that, but I remember Daniel felt really upset after he saw a vision.

So as the sign got closer to earth I would just describe it like an elaborate city with lots of lights, think it was circular, and had more than one circle to it. Maybe not a city, but it was the size of a city.

I think his angels will be traveling with him.

Almost seems that what you saw sounds something like a wheel within a wheel....given the round form of what seemed like a City, having more than One Circle, like something round In something round.

That's what i thought of when i read it anyway
The Wisest men have changed their Counsels and Resolves upon second thoughts, much more upon experience, and approaching evils not at first discovered. Rev. Herbert Croft, 1675

Where no counsel is, the people fall: but in the multitude of counsellors there is safety.

Find seven years of tribulation plainly stated in the Bible.
shorttribber

Postby extravagantchristian on Wed Apr 29, 2020 8:38 pm

Yeah it could be, shorttribber

Kind of reminds me of the angels hovering above earth, warning people not to worship the beast. I think Jesus will bring his angels with him when he comes.
Matthew 1:22
So all this was done that it might be fulfilled which was spoken by the Lord through the prophets
extravagantchristian

Postby shorttribber on Thu Apr 30, 2020 12:02 am

extravagantchristian wrote:Yeah it could be, shorttribber

Kind of reminds me of the angels hovering above earth, warning people not to worship the beast. I think Jesus will bring his angels with him when he comes.

I agree :a3: :banana:
The Wisest men have changed their Counsels and Resolves upon second thoughts, much more upon experience, and approaching evils not at first discovered. Rev. Herbert Croft, 1675

Where no counsel is, the people fall: but in the multitude of counsellors there is safety.

shorttribber

Postby Mark F on Thu Apr 30, 2020 3:03 am

extravagantchristian wrote:Yeah it could be, shorttribber

And all His Saints. 1 Thes 3:13
Mark

All Scripture from NKJV

Edited for a friend.
Mark F

Postby slick on Thu Apr 30, 2020 3:59 am

Hello,
In several Prophetic passages , the is mention of complete darkness, JOEL, ZECHARIAH, etc... IT SAYS " ...THE SUN WILL REFUSE TO SHINE AND THE MOON WILL NOT GIVE ITS LIGHT .....IN REVELATION...WE ARE TOLD THAT MEN WILL ..."RUN TO THE ROCKS AND CAVES TO HIDE FROM THE PRESENCE...BECAUSE OF THE TOTAL DARKNESS WHEN HE APPEARS IT WILL BE A BURST OF LIGHT LIKE NO ONE HAS EVER SEEN,
In His Service,
Clarence
slick

Postby shorttribber on Thu Apr 30, 2020 4:41 am

slick wrote:Hello,
In several Prophetic passages , the is mention of complete darkness, JOEL, ZECHARIAH, etc... IT SAYS " ...THE SUN WILL REFUSE TO SHINE AND THE MOON WILL NOT GIVE ITS LIGHT .....IN REVELATION...WE ARE TOLD THAT MEN WILL ..."RUN TO THE ROCKS AND CAVES TO HIDE FROM THE PRESENCE...BECAUSE OF THE TOTAL DARKNESS WHEN HE APPEARS IT WILL BE A BURST OF LIGHT LIKE NO ONE HAS EVER SEEN,
In His Service,
Clarence

I agree......Hey Clarence! :banana:

shorttribber

Return to Prophecy Questions/Answers