Belief in the Rapture is not required for participation.

Where anyone can ask or answer a question.

Belief in the Rapture is not required for participation.

Postby christian_m0mmy on Mon Apr 17, 2017 4:12 pm

I made that statement in a post on Facebook and my aunt messaged me privately to ask if this was true. While I have always believed this, I don't have scriptural proof of this.

What is "required" to be a believer? What is "required" to make it to Heaven either through death or Jesus catching us up?

I know these sound like fundamental questions, but as my aunt is a relatively new believer, and I have recently learned that just because I've always heard it said, doesn't make it true, I am now questioning these basics.

Not questioning my faith, just, which scriptures explain what is required?

Things I can point to are:

[list=]Belief
Repentance
Acceptance of Grace
[/list]

So, this sounds simple. This scripture is a pretty good list:

Rev 3:3  Remember then how you have received and heard, and hold fast, and repent. Therefore if you will not watch, I will come upon you as a thief, and you will not know what hour I will come upon you. 

So, it sounds like if you aren't watching for His return, bad things happen. Maybe the question is, how does one define WATCH Biblically?
Col 2:6 Therefore as you have received Christ Jesus the Lord, so walk in Him

Col 2:6 You have accepted Christ Jesus as your Lord. Now keep on following him.
christian_m0mmy

Re: Belief in the Rapture is not required for participation.

Postby Abiding in His Word on Mon Apr 17, 2017 5:46 pm

christian_m0mmy wrote:What is "required" to be a believer? What is "required" to make it to Heaven either through death or Jesus catching us up?

I know these sound like fundamental questions, but as my aunt is a relatively new believer, and I have recently learned that just because I've always heard it said, doesn't make it true, I am now questioning these basics.

Not questioning my faith, just, which scriptures explain what is required?

Things I can point to are:

[list=]Belief
Repentance
Acceptance of Grace
[/list]

Hi christian_m0mmy,

I asked a similar question recently and Jericho provided a very astute scriptural response. It's a very short thread but you might find it helpful. You can find it here.

Personally, I'm not a big fan of "methods" but do advocate a "ask-seek-knock" action and believe God honors the heart regardless of the words spoken or action performed. If one is seeking, asking, etc., the door will be opened. :grin:

The new birth is imo a very personal experience. The fruit that follows may exhibit itself in a much more public manner, but the initial heart-search is manifested by the woman at the well, the woman with the alabaster box, and the thief on the cross are a few of those .
Abiding in His Word
SITE ADMIN

Postby christian_m0mmy on Tue Apr 18, 2017 4:06 pm

Thank you! That is very helpful.
Col 2:6 Therefore as you have received Christ Jesus the Lord, so walk in Him

Col 2:6 You have accepted Christ Jesus as your Lord. Now keep on following him.
christian_m0mmy

Postby Ready1 on Tue Apr 18, 2017 4:29 pm

Act 2:38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.

Peter had a pretty good idea of what was necessary. (God's end time scenario will play out according to His plan regardless of what we believe about it. Look at how many opinions and variations there are right here at FulfilledProphecy.com...if we have to be right on end-time theology, probably none of the rest of you will make it except me.) :award: :grin: :grin:

And if you want to know what God likes from us and desires for us, then

Col 3:12 Put on then, as God's chosen ones, holy and beloved, compassionate hearts, kindness, humility, meekness, and patience,
Col 3:13 bearing with one another and, if one has a complaint against another, forgiving each other; as the Lord has forgiven you, so you also must forgive.
Col 3:14 And above all these put on love, which binds everything together in perfect harmony.
Col 3:15 And let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts, to which indeed you were called in one body. And be thankful.
Col 3:16 Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly, teaching and admonishing one another in all wisdom, singing psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, with thankfulness in your hearts to God.
Col 3:17 And whatever you do, in word or deed, do everything in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through him.
Just observing.

E.
Ready1

Postby JohnE on Tue Apr 18, 2017 4:54 pm

Ready1 wrote:
Act 2:38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.

Peter had a pretty good idea of what was necessary. (God's end time scenario will play out according to His plan regardless of what we believe about it. Look at how many opinions and variations there are right here at FulfilledProphecy.com...if we have to be right on end-time theology, probably none of the rest of you will make it except me.) :award: :grin: :grin:

And if you want to know what God likes from us and desires for us, then

Col 3:12 Put on then, as God's chosen ones, holy and beloved, compassionate hearts, kindness, humility, meekness, and patience,
Col 3:13 bearing with one another and, if one has a complaint against another, forgiving each other; as the Lord has forgiven you, so you also must forgive.
Col 3:14 And above all these put on love, which binds everything together in perfect harmony.
Col 3:15 And let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts, to which indeed you were called in one body. And be thankful.
Col 3:16 Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly, teaching and admonishing one another in all wisdom, singing psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, with thankfulness in your hearts to God.
Col 3:17 And whatever you do, in word or deed, do everything in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through him.

:a3: I just love this place :lol:
JohnE

Return to Prophecy Questions/Answers