8 day week vs 7 day week

Where anyone can ask or answer a question.

8 day week vs 7 day week

Postby christian_m0mmy on Fri Mar 24, 2017 9:08 am

This isn't exactly prophecy related, but kind of is, indirectly. But I have a question about this subject and am completely thrown.

Something about this man's video feels wrong, but is that just my flesh clinging to my own notion of time? The video is 30 some odd minutes long, and the first 20 feel...off. But the last 10ish minutes are the most compelling! Here is a link where he gets to the point and talks about scripture and this "blank slate" calendar. Feel free to watch the whole thing if you want.

https://youtu.be/WGlmBXPgnd0

Now, he also has lots of videos about how the Full Moon is the "true" New moon, which again, feels off. But is that me trying to hold fast to what I've always known and not keeping an open mind? This feels less likely in the moon situation, but I'm bringing it to you guys because I trust you to be honest and open, while staying in scripture.
Col 2:6 Therefore as you have received Christ Jesus the Lord, so walk in Him

Col 2:6 You have accepted Christ Jesus as your Lord. Now keep on following him.
christian_m0mmy

Re: 8 day week vs 7 day week

Postby Abiding in His Word on Fri Mar 24, 2017 11:36 am

Hi christian_m0mmy,

One of the first things I do prior to listening to or reading teachings is research the person who is doing the teaching. It helps imo to know the background, church associations, beliefs, life experiences, etc. so I can determine whether or not it's a person I should trust to provide a bible hermeneutic that Evangelicals use as the foundation of our faith. Otherwise, I think it often leads to confusion and questions about the intent of scripture.

I could find nothing about Mikal Shabbat other than lists of videos. Just out of curiosity, what, if anything, do you know about this person?
Abiding in His Word
SITE ADMIN

Postby mark s on Fri Mar 24, 2017 12:06 pm

On his "blank slate" calendar, he goes through a number of Scriptures very quickly. For all the time he spends on things before this point, it makes me wonder why, when he actually gets to the Bible, that he gives the view a couple of seconds to take in 3 or 4 passages.

Even so, the verses he promotes to support his position don't actually, at least the ones I paused and actually looked at, have to do with the weekly Sabbath.

And if there were any confusion . . . you can count the days of creation.

To me it seems pretty clear.

Love in Christ,
Mark
ειπεν αυτη ο ιησους εγω ειμι η αναστασις και η ζωη ο πιστευων εις εμε καν αποθανη ζησεται
. . . saying to her Jesus, I AM the resurrection and the life, the one believing into Me even dying shall live . . .
mark s

Postby mark s on Fri Mar 24, 2017 12:35 pm

Abiding in His Word wrote:Hi christian_m0mmy,

One of the first things I do prior to listening to or reading teachings is research the person who is doing the teaching. It helps imo to know the background, church associations, beliefs, life experiences, etc. so I can determine whether or not it's a person I should trust to provide a bible hermeneutic that Evangelicals use as the foundation of our faith. Otherwise, I think it often leads to confusion and questions about the intent of scripture.

I could find nothing about Mikal Shabbat other than lists of videos. Just out of curiosity, what, if anything, do you know about this person?

Hi Abiding,

I like to do the same thing. And like you, I could find nothing except videos.

But then, his deal is about how we're all wrong about days, and his name is Shabbat?

:dunno:
ειπεν αυτη ο ιησους εγω ειμι η αναστασις και η ζωη ο πιστευων εις εμε καν αποθανη ζησεται
. . . saying to her Jesus, I AM the resurrection and the life, the one believing into Me even dying shall live . . .
mark s

Return to Prophecy Questions/Answers