Isaiah 24: What Time Frame?

Where anyone can ask or answer a question.

Isaiah 24: What Time Frame?

Postby Ready1 on Mon Oct 03, 2016 10:45 am

1 “Look! The LORD is about to destroy the earth and make it a vast wasteland. He devastates the surface of the earth and scatters the people.

2 Priests and laypeople, servants and masters, maids and mistresses, buyers and sellers, lenders and borrowers, bankers and debtors—none will be spared.

3 The earth will be completely emptied and looted. The LORD has spoken!

4 The earth mourns and dries up, and the land wastes away and withers. Even the greatest people on earth waste away.

5 The earth suffers for the sins of its people, for they have twisted God’s instructions, violated his laws, and broken his everlasting covenant.

6 Therefore, a curse consumes the earth. Its people must pay the price for their sin. They are destroyed by fire, and only a few are left alive.

7 The grapevines waste away, and there is no new wine. All the merrymakers sigh and mourn.

8 The cheerful sound of tambourines is stilled; the happy cries of celebration are heard no more. The melodious chords of the harp are silent.

9 Gone are the joys of wine and song; alcoholic drink turns bitter in the mouth.

10 The city writhes in chaos; every home is locked to keep out intruders.

11 Mobs gather in the streets, crying out for wine. Joy has turned to gloom. Gladness has been banished from the land.

12 The city is left in ruins, its gates battered down.

13 Throughout the earth the story is the same— only a remnant is left, like the stray olives left on the tree or the few grapes left on the vine after harvest.

14 But all who are left shout and sing for joy. Those in the west praise the LORD’s majesty.

15 In eastern lands, give glory to the LORD. In the lands beyond the sea, praise the name of the LORD, the God of Israel.

16 We hear songs of praise from the ends of the earth, songs that give glory to the Righteous One! But my heart is heavy with grief. Weep for me, for I wither away. Deceit still prevails, and treachery is everywhere.

17 Terror and traps and snares will be your lot, you people of the earth.

18 Those who flee in terror will fall into a trap, and those who escape the trap will be caught in a snare. Destruction falls like rain from the heavens; the foundations of the earth shake.

19 The earth has broken up. It has utterly collapsed; it is violently shaken.

20 The earth staggers like a drunk. It trembles like a tent in a storm. It falls and will not rise again, for the guilt of its rebellion is very heavy.

21 In that day the LORD will punish the gods in the heavens and the proud rulers of the nations on earth.

22 They will be rounded up and put in prison. They will be shut up in prison and will finally be punished.

23 Then the glory of the moon will wane, and the brightness of the sun will fade, for the LORD of Heaven’s Armies will rule on Mount Zion. He will rule in great glory in Jerusalem, in the sight of all the leaders of his people.”

Isaiah 24:1-23 NLT

I read this passage the other day, and it struck me again, that I would see this as a picture of the final seven year period culminating in the coming of our Lord at the end of that period. Does anyone else have a different take on this passage? :grin:
Just observing.

E.
Ready1

Re: Isaiah 24: What Time Frame?

Postby mark s on Mon Oct 03, 2016 4:12 pm

I think you've got it right.

Love in Christ,
Mark
ειπεν αυτη ο ιησους εγω ειμι η αναστασις και η ζωη ο πιστευων εις εμε καν αποθανη ζησεται
. . . saying to her Jesus, I AM the resurrection and the life, the one believing into Me even dying shall live . . .
mark s

Postby kirthril on Tue Oct 04, 2016 2:30 pm

I also agree that you are right to conclude this is of the time of tribulation, wrath, and ascension of authority of Christ.

13 Throughout the earth the story is the same— only a remnant is left, like the stray olives left on the tree or the few grapes left on the vine after harvest.

14 But all who are left shout and sing for joy. Those in the west praise the LORD’s majesty.

15 In eastern lands, give glory to the LORD. In the lands beyond the sea, praise the name of the LORD, the God of Israel.

The very picture and promise God made. God will not destroy all humanity, he promised a remnant and survivors of every nation. After the tribulation upon which many are killed, the rapture upon which the elect are removed, after the time of wrath in which more are killed, after those who have taken the mark are destroyed, and after the goats on the left are condemned... the earth will be almost devoid of mortal humans.

But despite that, those who remain will, as shown, give honor to God from all over. They will go up year after year to Jerusalem and will repopulate the earth.
"It is not who I am...But what I do that defines me" -Batman, Batman Begins
kirthril

Postby Jay Ross on Tue Oct 04, 2016 4:00 pm

Yes Ready1, I do.

It speaks of the two ages of the Land of Israel being in devastation and desolation and the people of Israel being scattered to the four compasses points of the earth. The seven years you allude to are IMHO the two ages of the visitation of the sins of the fathers on their children and their children's children as prophetically prophesised in Exodus 20:4-6.

Then when the battle in heaven ends at the end of these two ages God will judge the wicked heavenly hosts/angels, including Satan, as well as the proud rebelling kings of the nations on the earth and they, and the judged wicked heavenly hosts who will be cast out of heaven down to the face of the earth, will be imprisoned in the Abyss/Bottomless Pit, for 1,000 years to await their time of punishment at the end of the ages.

At the time of these judgements, the Son of Man will be given dominion over the peoples of the earth such that the peoples of the earth should worship/serve Him. Also when the time of the heathen Gentiles trampling the sanctuary of the Lord is completed with their judgement because of their rebellion against the Lord, all of Israel will be saved and the Lord God will make like new again the "Priestly Covenant" with the House of Israel that he had made with them at Mt Sinai before they rebelled against him and had Aaron craft the two Golden Calves two worship.

I would recommend that you consider carefully the Hebrew text and the translation of each occurrence of H:0776 in Isaiah 24 because in this chapter, in the majority of cases, it should be translated as a reference to the "land" of Canaan which after 70 AD became devastated and desolated with the people of Israel scattered. I would suggest that you copy each occurrence of H:0776 in Isaiah 24 into a spreadsheet and then sort this list of Hebrew words and see if the translation of those words is consistent with the rest of the occurrences within the OT in a number of other translations.

Happy hunting if you should chose to do so.

Shalom.

PS: - The wicked heavenly hosts also include the four beasts of Daniel 7:1-12 who are still at this point in time exercising their respective dominions over the people of the earth who have chosen to inhabit their respective dominions.
Jay Ross

Postby Ready1 on Fri Oct 07, 2016 10:09 am

If I understand you correctly, Jay, your disagreement would be with the length of time preceding the second advent of Jesus, however, you would agree that this passage does refer to a time (however long it may be) immediately preceding the return of Jesus to the earth; at which time he will rule and reign on the earth for 1000 years. Satan will be bound during this time as well.

Is this what you are saying?
Just observing.

E.
Ready1

Postby Jay Ross on Fri Oct 07, 2016 2:43 pm

Ready1 wrote:If I understand you correctly, Jay, your disagreement would be with the length of time preceding the second advent of Jesus, however, you would agree that this passage does refer to a time (however long it may be) immediately preceding the return of Jesus to the earth; at which time he will rule and reign on the earth for 1000 years. Satan will be bound during this time as well.

Is this what you are saying?

Ready1,

After you quoted the NLT version of Isaiah 24, you suggested the following: -
I read this passage the other day, and it struck me again, that I would see this as a picture of the final seven year period culminating in the coming of our Lord at the end of that period. Does anyone else have a different take on this passage?

It seems to me that you want to place the time span for this chapter, as the "final seven years," in our near future whereas the "final seven years" of Daniel 9:27 is a distant future event that occurs after the 1000 year period that Satan is locked up with all of the fallen wicked heavenly hosts/angels which includes the four beasts of Daniel 7:1-12. After Satan is released and the seven years of tribulation, Satan is thrown into the Lake of Fire. It is around this time that the Second advent of Christ occurs, in our distant future, and not in our near future as you are advocating in your OP.

Daniel 7 concerning the giving of dominion to the Son of Man i.e. Christ, does not indicate that Christ immediately exercises that dominion by placing himself on the surface of the earth. Revelation 20:4-6 and Daniel 7:13-14 provides no clues as to the place from which Christ will exercise his dominion over the peoples of the earth. Revelation 19:1-10 also covers the same event as is described in Daniel 7:13-14 and makes no mention of Christs immediately making his second permanent advent to the face of the earth upon being given dominion over the peoples of the earth.

In Matthew 25:1-13, Christ describes the wedding ceremony between himself and his bride where he is seen coming to collect his bride before the doors of the chamber are closed after he enters into the marriage feast. A very fleeting visitation IMHO.

Then we have the parable about Satan, Matt 25:14-30, before being imprisoned in the bottomless pit, but described in this parable as "going away for a time," giving his servants the means to continue the oppression of people on earth until he returns such that the people of the earth are so busy with the "monetary oppression" of Satan's faithful servants such that they have no time available to truly consider that there is another way to be a "free person" in Christ during this period. When Satan returns, as we are told in Luke 19, he will return to begin "killing the Saints" who will not bow down to him as a "deity god" over all of the peoples of the earth with the false claim that he now has a kingdom to rule over.

Incidentally, Satan's "wicked servant" told him that he had no right to the harvest of this kingdom, to which Satan agreed, but he will banish his "wicked servant" into the "darkness" far away where his "light of revelation" will not be seen by those who would begin bowing their knee to him. This is the Great Falling away.

It is at this time that we see Revelation 19:11 -21 come into play and we see the four sided/faceted Beast that rose up out of the pit/earth and the false prophet being captured and thrown into the lake of fire. Then in Revelation 20 we are told that Satan is also thrown into the Lake of Fire to join them. The event of Satan and his cohorts being thrown into the lake of fire is a distant future event at the end of the Millennium Age.

It is only after Satan is destroyed in the Lake of Fire that the Son of Man comes in all of His Glory with all of the Hosts and "permanently" leaves Heaven, Matt 25:31-46, to begin the judgement of the people when the righteous will enter into Eternity as fellow Sons of God and the wicked, whose names are not recorded in the Book of Life, are dispatched to their "Second Death" in the Lake of Fire. It is after this that God's "Home" is established here on the earth and the "New" Jerusalem comes down out of heaven.

Sin will be no more.

And the Saints will inherit the whole earth.

When Christ is given dominion over all of the peoples of the Earth, God also establishes a kingdom on the earth, during the time of the kings of the fifth segment of the statue, described in Daniel 2, which has as its corner stone that Christ is truly the Son of God. This truth will grown and fill the whole earth.

Be that as it may be, I am not sure that you are ready yet to accept a very different paradigm from the one that you presently hold onto, based on your response to what I posted above.

Shalom

PS: - I too hold onto the understanding that Islam is the manifestation of the fourth beast/wicked fallen heavenly host/angel, and that the Little Horn, through his influence over people, is speaking out Great Things against the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob. In Genesis 15:16 God tells Abraham that when his descendants return to the land in which he was then living in, that, around 4,000 years later, when they return, in their own strength, the iniquities of the Amorite people at that time will not be quite complete. The Amorite people lived in and around the Land of Canaan and today that people group is predominately Islamic adherents with their iniquities expanding quickly since 1948.
Jay Ross

Postby Ready1 on Mon Oct 10, 2016 10:31 am

Jay wrote:It seems to me that you want to place the time span for this chapter, as the "final seven years," in our near future whereas the "final seven years" of Daniel 9:27 is a distant future event that occurs after the 1000 year period that Satan is locked up with all of the fallen wicked heavenly hosts/angels which includes the four beasts of Daniel 7:1-12. After Satan is released and the seven years of tribulation, Satan is thrown into the Lake of Fire. It is around this time that the Second advent of Christ occurs, in our distant future, and not in our near future as you are advocating in your OP.

Just trying to understand, Jay. You place the second advent after the 1000 years? Other than Satan, the four beasts, and the fallen wicked heavenly hosts/angels being locked up, what is your vision of the purpose of the 1000 years? And what occurs during this time frame?

Daniel 7 concerning the giving of dominion to the Son of Man i.e. Christ, does not indicate that Christ immediately exercises that dominion by placing himself on the surface of the earth. Revelation 20:4-6 and Daniel 7:13-14 provides no clues as to the place from which Christ will exercise his dominion over the peoples of the earth. Revelation 19:1-10 also covers the same event as is described in Daniel 7:13-14 and makes no mention of Christs immediately making his second permanent advent to the face of the earth upon being given dominion over the peoples of the earth.

I am curious if you see any reasoning which precludes the “surface of the earth” as the location from which Christ excercises dominion? Is there any reason which Rev 19:11 and beyond cannot follow immediately upon the heels of Rev 19:10?

In Matthew 25:1-13, Christ describes the wedding ceremony between himself and his bride where he is seen coming to collect his bride before the doors of the chamber are closed after he enters into the marriage feast. A very fleeting visitation IMHO.

I think that we can agree on a VERY fleeting visitation! :grin:

Then we have the parable about Satan, Matt 25:14-30, before being imprisoned in the bottomless pit, but described in this parable as "going away for a time," giving his servants the means to continue the oppression of people on earth until he returns such that the people of the earth are so busy with the "monetary oppression" of Satan's faithful servants such that they have no time available to truly consider that there is another way to be a "free person" in Christ during this period. When Satan returns, as we are told in Luke 19, he will return to begin "killing the Saints" who will not bow down to him as a "deity god" over all of the peoples of the earth with the false claim that he now has a kingdom to rule over.

Incidentally, Satan's "wicked servant" told him that he had no right to the harvest of this kingdom, to which Satan agreed, but he will banish his "wicked servant" into the "darkness" far away where his "light of revelation" will not be seen by those who would begin bowing their knee to him. This is the Great Falling away.

I would hope that at some point you would rethink this passage, Jay. This is a passage which describes the Kingdom of Heaven and not the kingdom of hell. As such the man who has gone on the long trip is Jesus and NOT Satan. By improperly identifying who the story references, I believe that you have come to an erroneous conclusion as to what it means.

It is at this time that we see Revelation 19:11 -21 come into play and we see the four sided/faceted Beast that rose up out of the pit/earth and the false prophet being captured and thrown into the lake of fire. Then in Revelation 20 we are told that Satan is also thrown into the Lake of Fire to join them. The event of Satan and his cohorts being thrown into the lake of fire is a distant future event at the end of the Millennium Age.

Please reread these passages, Jay. According to Rev 19:20 the beast and the false prophet are captured and “thrown alive” into the lake of fire and just two verses later, Satan is seized and “bound in chains” for one thousand years in the bottomless pit. And according to Rev 20:4 Jesus reigns for the same thousand years that Satan is in the pit and the beast and the false prophet are in the lake of fire.

Then after the 1000 years are completed, Satan is “let out of his prison” and will gather the nations together to fight against the people of God. God destroys them with fire from heaven and then Satan is thrown into the lake of fire.

The simple chronology as given in Revelation is as follows:

1. Beast & kings of Earth come together to fight Jesus Ref 19:19
2. Jesus comes back, destroys the beast's army, & captures beast & False prophet Rev 19:20
3. The beast and the false prophet go to the lake of fire Rev 19:20
4. Satan is bound in the pit at that time Rev 20:2
5. 1000 year reign of Jesus Rev 20:4-6
6. Satan is loosed for a little time and brings an army against God’s people Rev 20:7
7. His army is destroyed by God. Rev 20:9
8. Satan is cast into the lake of fire Rev 20:10
9. The Great White Throne judgment Rev 20:11

Be that as it may be, I am not sure that you are ready yet to accept a very different paradigm from the one that you presently hold onto, based on your response to what I posted above.

Jay, the paradigm that I try to hold firmly to is one which makes complete sense from a literal reading of these passages. I realize that our outlook is completely different and as such I recognize that the view that you hold is very different than what I presented in the OP.

Thank you for your response.
Just observing.

E.
Ready1

Postby Jay Ross on Mon Oct 10, 2016 4:43 pm

Ready1 wrote:<snip>

Just trying to understand, Jay. You place the second advent after the 1000 years? Other than Satan, the four beasts, and the fallen wicked heavenly hosts/angels being locked up, what is your vision of the purpose of the 1000 years? And what occurs during this time frame?

Sadly the sign given in Romans 11:25-27, is poorly translated such that instead of it referencing the heathen gentiles for the Greek word used for Gentiles in this passage it has been changed to be a reference to "Gentile 'Christians'" and that when the full number of the Gentile Christians has been reached, then after this all of Israel will be saved.

However, I understand the sign given by Paul, points to the end of the 2,300 years of the Heathen Gentiles trampling the Sanctuary in rebellion against God, when the end of this time period is complete: i.e. "ἄχρι οὗ τὸ πλήρωμα τῶν ἐθνῶν eiselthē εἰσέλθῃ;" show be understood to mean in English: - "until the fullness {with respect to time} of the {prophecy over the heathen} Gentiles is complete/finished, after which all of Israel will be saved."

When Israel is save, God re-establishes the "Nation of Priests Covenant" with them again, which they had rejected when they had Aaron make the calve idols to worships, such that during the time Satan and the four beasts and the little horn of Daniel 7:1-12 are imprisoned in the Abyss/the bottomless pit, they will teach the people of the earth about the salvation of God based on the foundational truth/rock/corner stone, that Jesus is the Son of God as an integral part of the "Holy Priesthood" of God.

This covenantal relationship when the Nation of Israel is restored as the Bride happens at the beginning of the Millennium Age as outlined in the first parable in Matt 25.

I am curious if you see any reasoning which precludes the “surface of the earth” as the location from which Christ excercises dominion? Is there any reason which Rev 19:11 and beyond cannot follow immediately upon the heels of Rev 19:10?

Both Daniel 7:13-14 and Revelation 19:1-10 do not indicate that Christ, as the Son of Man, immediately leaves heaven to come down to the face of the earth permanently to exercise his acquired dominion over the peoples of the earth. Yes he exercises his dominion over the people on the face of the earth, but that does not automatically mean that he can only do this when he is on the surface of the earth.

I would hope that at some point you would rethink this passage, Jay. This is a passage which describes the Kingdom of Heaven and not the kingdom of hell. As such the man who has gone on the long trip is Jesus and NOT Satan. By improperly identifying who the story references, I believe that you have come to an erroneous conclusion as to what it means.

Read1, I too would hope that you would look closely at the NA27 Greek text to see if any reference to the Kingdom of God is made with reference to the parable of the Talents. The Greek word for Kingdom [H:0932] has been added into the Textus Receptus Greek texts but the inclusion makes no reference to this kingdom being the "Kingdom of God."

I describe the parable of the Talents i.e. money as being the Religious form of this parable as it was told just to the 12 disciples on the Mt of Olives, whereas I would suggest that the same parable with some minor additions in Luke 19, the Parable of the Pound i.e. money was told to the secular crowd walking with Jesus up the slope towards Jerusalem for the Passover Feast. It was told to the everyday worker where a "pound" would have been a large sum of money to them.

Both parables tells us of the oppression of the people around the "'man's' Good and faithful servants" and the desired outcome of their master for when he returns.

In the Luke account upon the return of the master, he immediately begins to kill the people who did not want him to be their 'Lord' over them when he had left to go away. If this is the actions of Christ in the Luke account, then I am surely miss guided, but if these are the actions of Satan then the man who goes away in the Parable of the Talents is also surely Satan since in both parable the people around the "good and faithful servants" are oppressed. If this is true then the "Parable of the Talents" is not a description about what the Kingdom of God is like. It give a completely different picture of oppression and not blessings.

Please reread these passages, Jay. According to Rev 19:20 the beast and the false prophet are captured and “thrown alive” into the lake of fire and just two verses later, Satan is seized and “bound in chains” for one thousand years in the bottomless pit. And according to Rev 20:4 Jesus reigns for the same thousand years that Satan is in the pit and the beast and the false prophet are in the lake of fire.

Then after the 1000 years are completed, Satan is “let out of his prison” and will gather the nations together to fight against the people of God. God destroys them with fire from heaven and then Satan is thrown into the lake of fire.

The simple chronology as given in Revelation is as follows:

1. Beast & kings of Earth come together to fight Jesus Ref 19:19
2. Jesus comes back, destroys the beast's army, & captures beast & False prophet Rev 19:20
3. The beast and the false prophet go to the lake of fire Rev 19:20
4. Satan is bound in the pit at that time Rev 20:2
5. 1000 year reign of Jesus Rev 20:4-6
6. Satan is loosed for a little time and brings an army against God’s people Rev 20:7
7. His army is destroyed by God. Rev 20:9
8. Satan is cast into the lake of fire Rev 20:10
9. The Great White Throne judgment Rev 20:11

The Isaiah 24:21-23 scripture that was included in your OP argues against your understanding above.

As a story teller, how do they deal with the telling of events happening at the same time to two different identities?

Answer, they deal with each person's story separately such that the reader has to understand that the time lines are overlapping.

In Isaiah 24:21-22, all of the fallen wicked heavenly hosts, Satan and his rebelling angels, including the four beasts of Daniel 7:1-12, are all judged in heaven and thrown down to the surface of the earth at the same time and are collectively gathered together with the rebelling Kings of the earth and their armies and are imprisoned in a pit and at some stage in the future finally punished.

The starting point for Revelation 19 is at the very beginning of the time of the judgement of the wicked fallen heavenly hosts in heaven and then spans in time all of the Millennium Age. Other earlier chapters of the Book of Revelation deals with the "little while period" of Daniel 7:12 and the activities that the four beasts of Daniel 7:1-12 get up to as a united single acting beast during the same time period that Satan has gone out to all the nations of the earth after his imprisonment of 1,000 years, to gather them into a great army to march all over the earth and finally to encircle Jerusalem.

Towards the very end of this little while period, the united beast that rises up out of the earth, i.e. the abyss/bottomless pit and the false prophet are captured and thrown into the Lake of fire and then, a short time later, Satan is also thrown into the Lake of fire.

I am not sure that you can read the Book of Revelation in a chorological literal fashion as you are suggesting. When we do that all we do is become confused in my experience.

Jay, the paradigm that I try to hold firmly to is one which makes complete sense from a literal reading of these passages. I realize that our outlook is completely different and as such I recognize that the view that you hold is very different than what I presented in the OP.

Thank you for your response.

Yes I know that and you are very protective of your views, particularly on other web site(s).

However, in my initial response to your OP, I had suggested that the NLT passage was misleading in that they had obscured the origin intend of the Chapter which is describing the devastation and desolation of the land of Canaan during the time from Christ until the present time. It is not describing the devastation and desolation of the whole earth as this translation is suggesting.

Without good tools to help us, it is very difficult and tedious to do the research necessary to come to an understanding of what the original Hebrew/Greek text is conveying to us as I have suggested to you to do.

Over the last 18 months I have laboriously built my own Greek Text data base based on the NA27 Greek Text which has enabled me to see that a particular Greek Root can be found many times embedded in a small number of actual Greek Words. I would also like to do the same for the Hebrew texts on which the Old Testament is based but it is a daunting task to undertake by oneself and is a much bigger project than the Greek database that I have recently completed.

Probably, our biggest difference at the moment is our understanding of who the Beasts of Daniel 7: and the Book of Revelations, are. I see them as spiritual entities whereas I believe that you see the manifestations of the spiritual entities as the beasts themselves.

Since the fourth beast of Daniel 7:1-12, IMHO, is manifested in the Islamic religious culture, it cannot be considered to have a human form but is a spiritual entity that has been able to exercise its influence over people continuously for around 1400-1500 years.

Since I consider that all of the four beasts are spiritual entities i.e. fallen wicked heavenly hosts who are also called "kings" because of their exercised dominions over people, it is possible to see the ebbing and flowing of the four beasts of Daniel 7:1-12 manifesting their influence on the earth since the time of Daniel and possibly even earlier up and until this present time.

I do have this understanding because of my literal reading of the Biblical texts like Isaiah 24.

Isaiah 24:23 points to the end of the ages when the sun will be darkened and the moon will turn red. This imagery is also used in Joel, by Jesus and in the Book of Revelation.

Keeping all of our ideas in the air at once is very difficult to manage but I respect your attempt to do so.

I have come to the conclusion that it is better to bless you and not oppose you.

If God wants you to see what I see, then He will do it despite my feeble attempts to enlighten you, even with my own inherent errors.

May God's peace go with you as you engage in what you are called to do.

Shalom

Jay
Jay Ross

Postby Jay Ross on Thu Oct 13, 2016 1:49 pm

PS to the post above: -

The words "and" and "then" are use in the Bible to join together events which may be separated by many years and to claim that these words suggest an immediacy as to when the separated events occurred can lead to conclusions that are miss leading to say the least. For example, "Abraham was born and married and had children and died.," does not tell us about the extent of the total span of the 175 years of his life.

The same is true for Revelation 19, were we have the first section which deals with what happens after the judgement of the wicked fallen heavenly hosts which includes the beasts of Daniel 7:1-12, as it describes the giving of dominion to the Son of Man, Daniel 7:13-14, at the very beginning of the Millennium Age and it then skips in its account to the very end of the Millennium Age where it describes Christ going into battle against the beasts which rise up out of the earth after the abyss is unlocked, capturing them and dispatching them into the lake of fire.

The quoted Isaiah 24 chapter conveys this same extended timeline where it states in just two verse, 21-22, what is covered in Revelation 19 which deals with the judgement and punishment of the fallen wicked heavenly hosts.

Isaiah 24:21-22
It shall come to pass in that day {of the Lord, i.e. the Millennium Age}
That the Lord will punish on high the host of exalted ones,
And on the earth the kings of the earth.
They will be gathered together,
As prisoners are gathered in the pit,
And will be shut up in the prison;
After many days {i.e. after 1000 plus years, at the very end of the Millennium Age} they will be punished.
NKJV
{Please note that I have added some commentary and enclosed that commentary in "{ italics }" }

For consistency, both passages should be considered to cover the same time span.

Daniel 7:13-26 also covers this same time period as in Revelation 19.
Jay Ross

Return to Prophecy Questions/Answers