Are we living in the last days?

Where anyone can ask or answer a question.

Are we living in the last days?

Postby Jericho on Sat Apr 25, 2015 7:45 am

Now as He sat on the Mount of Olives, the disciples came to Him privately, saying, “Tell us, when will these things be? And what will be the sign of Your coming, and of the end of the age?”

And Jesus answered and said to them: “Take heed that no one deceives you.

“For many will come in My name, saying, ‘I am the Christ,’ and will deceive many.

“And you will hear of wars and rumors of wars. See that you are not troubled; for all these things must come to pass, but the end is not yet.

“For nation will rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom. And there will be famines, pestilences,and earthquakes in various places.

“All these are the beginning of sorrows. (Matt 24:3-8)

What reasons would you give that we are living in the end-times prior to the return of Christ? We've always had wars, famines, pestilences, and earthquakes. Many in the New Testament believed Jesus was coming back in their lifetime and we've been hearing about it for the last 2,000 years.

p.s. This is not a debate, I am just interested in hearing other people's opinions on the topic.
Last edited by Jericho on Sun Apr 26, 2015 4:27 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Formerly SwordOfGideon
Jericho

Re: Are we living in the last days?

Postby keithareilly on Sat Apr 25, 2015 11:07 am

Nation will rise against nation, kingdom against kingdom. I see this as describing how the end times start; I suspect they describe world wars. And these are just the beginnings; so, it will last a while.

Keith
keithareilly
Supporting Member

Postby Jay Ross on Sat Apr 25, 2015 1:46 pm

My Understanding of Matthew 24:3 is: -

Now as He sat on the Mount of Olives, the disciples came to Him privately, saying,

"Tell us, when will these things be (i.e. the destruction of the temple)?

And what will be the sign{s} of

Your coming{s},

and

of the end{s} of the [b]age{s}?[/b]"

Any attempt to force the return of Christ into just one occurrence is wrong and we must accept that there will be a number of times when Christ's presence on the face of the earth will be observed and experienced by people. The understanding and interpretation of when these events will take place and their significance is the difficulty that we all face as we attempt to understand God's purposes for all of mankind.

In our near future, probably in around 30 years time we will see/experience the judgement of the fallen heavenly hosts/angels/beasts of Daniel 7:1-12 and the removal of their dominions, (i.e. the removal of their ability to exercise their dominions), the judgement of the kings of the earth and people who are rebelling against God at Armageddon, the redemption of "all of Israel," the giving of the Son of man dominion over all of the peoples of the earth such that they should worship Him and the wedding feast. All these event will mark the beginning of the Last Day/Age for mankind. During the last day/age there will be 1,000 years where the direct influence of the fallen heavenly hosts/angels will be felt or observed before their return for a period of a little while for one final push by Satan to install himself as a deity/king over the peoples of the earth.

So the question is, "Are we in the Last Days?" The answer really depends on whether or not we are speaking with reference to God's time domain or man's time domain. If we are speaking with reference to God's time domain, then the answer is Yes but if we are speaking with reference to man's time domain, then the answer would have to be No.

If Ezekiel 47:1-12 foreshadows a time frame of 4,000 years from the time that God first inhabits Solomon's temple in the Holy of Holies for a period of time, until the stream that flows out from under the altar becomes a river so wide that it cannot be crossed before it flows over the edge of the escarpment down into the valley below to heal the "land" then, if we accept that the temple was dedicated by Solomon as God's House around the year 950 BC, then the last days within man's timeframe domain will not occur until around the year 3050 AD which is IMHO still very much in our distant future.

But really this comes down to how we interpret the biblical prophecies and whether or not we have done so correctly.

Shalom
Jay Ross

Postby Jericho on Sun Apr 26, 2015 4:58 pm

Thanks all for the comments so far. I would say yes, we are living in the last days. Prior generations may have believed they were living in the end-times, but there were several key factors missing that made that impossible until now.

For me the creation of Israel is a significant marker. For the first time in nearly 2000 years the Jews are back in the land, which in itself is a miracle. People gawked at that idea as late as the 19th century, but the Jews are a central figure in end-time event's so this needed to happen first. We see in scriptures a physical restoration followed by a spiritual restoration. We have seen the physical restoration of Israel, the next thing is a spiritual restoration that comes about by the events of the Great Tribulation.

In Biblical numerology 6 seems to be the number of man. For example, man was created on the 6th day, man labors 6 days only, six words are used for man: Adam, ish, Enosh, gehver, anthropos, anar. With that in mind I believe the six days of creation plus the seventh day of rest is a prophetic picture of human history. Every two thousand years something significant happens. The first two thousands Abraham became the first Jew, two thousand years later Jesus came and here we are two thousand years later nearing the end of the six thousand year mark. What will transpire next is the Tribulation, Second Coming, and Millennial Kingdom represented by the seventh day of rest.

Another thing of interest is Gen 6:3, "And the LORD said, “My Spirit shall not strive with man forever, for he is indeed flesh; yet his days shall be one hundred and twenty years.” This could be interpreted different ways. But it's of interest to note that 120 years times 50 (Jubilee cycle) is 6000 years. There's those 6000 years again.

Another significant sign for me is technology. We see from scriptures the the Antichrist has authority over the whole earth. This would have been impossible before technology. Empires could only get so big in ancient times. The bigger they got the more difficult it is to manage affairs because it could take weeks or months to communicate with all the governing authorities. But with modern technology that limit is gone. For the first time since the Tower of Babel, a global government is possible.

The False Prophet causes all to take the Mark of the Beast or they can not buy, sell, or trade. We can conclude then that Mark is connected to the economy. With money going digital for the first time in human history it is now possible to control the economies of the world and ensure no one buys, sells, or trades without a special Mark (digital identifier). This kind of technology was only possible in last couple of decades.

Daniel was told of the end-times that when many will rush here and there, and knowledge will increase (Dan 12:4). This should be self evident. Airplanes and cars have allowed us to travel further and faster than our ancestors could have ever imagined. And with the invention of the internet, knowledge has been able to increase exponentially. Lastly, the whole world watches the two-witness die and rise from the dead again (rev 11:8-12). This was not a realty until satellite and internet television.

God compared the end-times to a woman in labor. The closer they get to birth the more frequent and intense the birth pangs become. Likewise the wars, famines, pestilences, and earthquakes with increase with frequency and intensity. We've always had these things but I believe the difference will be the intensity, frequency, and convergence off all these things on a global scale. I believe we are starting to see this now and it will only continue to get worse. I'm sure there are many other reasons, but these are the main ones that stand out to me.
Last edited by Jericho on Sun Apr 26, 2015 6:42 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Formerly SwordOfGideon
Jericho

Postby Abiding in His Word on Sun Apr 26, 2015 5:37 pm

Jericho wrote: Airplanes and cars have allowed us to travel further and faster than our ancestors could have ever imagined. And with the invention of the internet, knowledge has been able to increase exponentially. Lastly, the whole world watches the two-witness die and rise from the dead again (rev 11:8-12). This was not a realty until satellite and internet television.

You've made some very good points, Jericho, but the above is of paramount importance imo. If scripture gives us signs to watch for, it would be impossible to clearly see the signs without modern technology. Today, we can know of a death on Mt. Everest within hours; a volcanic eruption and earthquake within a short time; wars happening thousands of miles away; and the widespread acceptance of immorality, deception, and corruption in the world.

In other words, we can now watch and see the signs we were told would happen whereas prior to the advance of modern technology, that would be impossible.
Abiding in His Word
SITE ADMIN

Postby Sonbeam on Wed Apr 29, 2015 3:12 pm

Besides some of the signs already mentioned, for me there are two main ones that I see as prophetic and that may signal that the end of this age is not too far off:

First, World War II whereby God has given us an outline/shadow of the end-times tribulation and a picture of the anti-Christ, and

Second, as already mentioned by Jericho, Israel becoming a nation in May 14, 1948, three years after WWII officially ended.

I see these three years as typifying the three days that the two witnesses will lay dead in Jerusalem; then at the end of those three days, the occurrence of their resurrection along with that of the dead in Christ as the Lord appears in the sky (His second coming). This to be immediately followed by His transformation of those saints that are alive at that time with the subsequent gathering of all the saints to Him to become His holy nation for all eternity.

This coming May will be the 70-year anniversary of the end of WWII which could very possibly be a significant milestone in the fulfillment of the end times time table.

sonbeam
Sonbeam

Postby kirthril on Fri May 01, 2015 1:31 pm

I'm gonna give a nice reason based on numbers/patterns since God works in patterns/numbers as well.

God created in 6 days. On the 7th he rested.
Jesus was dead and gone for 2 days. On the 3rd he rose and came back to life.
We read that to God, a thousands years are as a day and a day is as a thousand years.

How long from Adam to Jesus' birth approximately? 4000 years(give or take)/4 days
How long from Jesus's birth till today? 2015 years/ 2 days
Thus how long has humanity been working on this earth? approx 6000 yrs/6 days
There is 1000 years left/ 1 day called the millinium kingdom, where mankind will be at rest/peace
Thus how long has God given mankind? 7days/ 7000 years

When did Jesus die/ressurrect and leave the earth? 32/33 AD.
When is 2 days/ 2000yrs since then? 2032/2033
Jesus returns early on the 3rd day to begin his 1day of rule/ 1000 years of rule.

What is the avg lifespan for Israelis and the majority of developed nations? 80 years
What generation will not pass before all things be fulfilled? The ones that that see the signs foretold by the prophets of old
What were the 1st two signs witnessed? Israel rebirthed, 1946 and Jerusalem made capital 1967. See Ezekiel 36.
Thus what generation of people will still be around at the return (albiet old)? Those born between 1946-1967.

What is 80 yrs since 1946 and 1967? 2026-2046
When is the earliest Christ can return? 2022 (7yr covenant begins now) or 2018/2019 (7yr covenant began 3.5 years ago)
When is the latest he can return? 2050 (those born in 1940's will be 110+ and noone can live past 120)

When is 2000 years/ 2days since his ressurection again? 2032-2033 which falls right smack dab in the middle of 2026-2046.

Am i saying Christ will return in 2023/2033? No, but by using patterns laid out for us know that we only have at most several decades left. He could return (based on timing of 7yr covenant) before or slightly after. He rose again and showed himself to his people on the third day. We are about to enter day 3 from his death/ressurrection. We are THAT close. :a3: Cannot wait!
"It is not who I am...But what I do that defines me" -Batman, Batman Begins
kirthril

Postby Straightshot on Mon May 04, 2015 5:42 am

kirthril

Are we there yet?

I see many things that would say say yes .... the return of a remnant of Israel to the land is a must and this has and is happening .... and the changing of the Islamic states surrounding Israel in the region

But we know that the Lord as purposely not given any dating .... and He awaits His timing for His next intervention [2 Peter 3]

When this comes all will know, His great hour of trial and judgment is coming along with indisputable signs and events that will shake the world [Jude 1:14-15; Revelation 6:12-17]

Further developments in the Middle East will mirror the time that is coming with formation that the student of Bible prophecy will recognize .... but He will move as a thief with no warning when He is ready to bring the beginning of the end of this present age and the conclusion
Straightshot

Postby Keeping Alert on Sat Jun 06, 2015 9:23 am

Sonbeam wrote:
This coming May will be the 70-year anniversary of the end of WWII which could very possibly be a significant milestone in the fulfillment of the end times time table.

sonbeam

I was thinking about this...

WW2 ended on September 2 1945... It will be 70th Anniversary in September 2015 of the end of WW2... Everyone will celebrate Peace and Safety... Then Destruction...

P.S. The most populated country in the world has announced a 3-day public holiday to commemorate the end of WW2 on September 3-5 2015
Now is my soul troubled; and what shall I say? Father, save me from this hour: but for this cause came I unto this hour.

πατερ δοξασον σου το ονομα
Father, glorify thy name.

Whether therefore ye eat, or drink, or whatsoever ye do, do all to the glory of God.
Keeping Alert

Postby extravagantchristian on Sat Jun 06, 2015 11:11 am

For me i think it could go either way. We could be living in the last days, but certainly life could go on for hundreds of more years. I don't see any concrete signs happening yet. If nothing happens with in the next year, regarding the blood moons, I'll probably give up on the idea that we're living in the last days. Oh I'll still be watching and ready, but i won't be convinced of it.
extravagantchristian

Postby extravagantchristian on Sat Jun 06, 2015 2:40 pm

This is an of topic question, but in revelation, one of the seals causes 1/3 of the population to be killed by man and beast, does that mean the animals are all going to go crazy and start killing people? Like rabies or something? I've seen two news articles of cat owners calling the police because their cats were trying to attack them, that's what made me think of that verse.
extravagantchristian

Postby Straightshot on Mon Jun 08, 2015 11:41 am

We are living in the "last days" in a sense according to scripture

The actual "last days" time segment is still pending and it is the portion of unfulfilled prophecy that is out ahead of us

All of the prophets' visions contain both fulfilled prophecy .... and a portion that is still yet to be fulfilled

How is it possible that early first century followers of Jesus were told they were living in the last days and yet it has been about 2000 years for any of the balance of the unfulfilled portion of the prophets' visions to take place?

Here is what you need to know

First of all the Lord has not revealed the dating for the "Day of the Lord" to begin, not to the early Christians, not to us today, and not to any

All prophecy is structures around time lapse for His nation of Israel [Isaiah 11] .... and this segment of time lapse is defined in scripture and measured [Daniel 9:24]

The larger portion of this time lapse has already transpired and was consummated at the Lord's cutting off and Israel's rejection of His as Messiah and King .... the shorter amount of time lapse has never taken place and is still pending

So He is waiting to initiate the shorter portion which, when it begins, will finish the scope of all prophecy

So the last 2000 years are not really a part of the "last days" which are out in front of us

If you can understand this truth it will aid you in discovering the correct rendering of exegetical study

Why the wait? [2 Peter 3:8-9]

There are no events upon the earth recorded in any prophet's visions during this breach in time lapse

There is a significant thing is our day that speaks of preparation for coming fulfillment .... Israel returned to the land and surrounded by the nation's virulent enemies who are the populations of the Middle East .... the adherents of Islam

This is the core setting given in the visions of the Bible prophets and the same projected by the Lord in His discourse related to the time of the end of this present age
Straightshot

Postby Jericho on Mon Jun 08, 2015 2:26 pm

extravagantchristian wrote:For me i think it could go either way. We could be living in the last days, but certainly life could go on for hundreds of more years. I don't see any concrete signs happening yet. If nothing happens with in the next year, regarding the blood moons, I'll probably give up on the idea that we're living in the last days. Oh I'll still be watching and ready, but i won't be convinced of it.

Just curious EC, what sort of signs are you looking for? To me the signs are all around, just to name a few:
-The world inching ever so closer to a world government.
-The rebirth of Israel, Jews coming back to the land, Jerusalem becoming a burdensome stone.
-The world looking for a messiah
-The middle-east on fire, possibly the formation of a caliphate.
-Economic and civil turmoil
-Natural disasters
-Christian persecution,
-America becoming anti-Christian
-The United States in decline, further destabilizing the world
-Anti-Antisemitism like we haven't seen since WW2
-A complete rejection of God
Formerly SwordOfGideon
Jericho

Postby extravagantchristian on Mon Jun 08, 2015 4:33 pm

Or how about... The Supreme Court just voted today that the US will no longer recognize Jerusalem as the capital of Israel.
extravagantchristian

Postby shorttribber on Mon Jun 08, 2015 4:49 pm

extravagantchristian wrote:Or how about... The Supreme Court just voted today that the US will no longer recognize Jerusalem as the capital of Israel.

:verymad:
The Wisest men have changed their Counsels and Resolves upon second thoughts, much more upon experience, and approaching evils not at first discovered. Rev. Herbert Croft, 1675

Where no counsel is, the people fall: but in the multitude of counsellors there is safety.

Find seven years of tribulation plainly stated in the Bible.
shorttribber

Postby Jericho on Mon Jun 08, 2015 4:59 pm

extravagantchristian wrote:Or how about... The Supreme Court just voted today that the US will no longer recognize Jerusalem as the capital of Israel.

Wow.. I haven't heard about that. That's another sign. This is another reason why I don't trust the Supreme Court will make the right decision concerning gay marriage.
Formerly SwordOfGideon
Jericho

Postby 1whowaits on Mon Jun 08, 2015 9:16 pm

Israel being regathered is the sign that we are in the last days. Israel is alone, can she survive on her own for 100 years? For 10 years? For 5 years? I think not.

So God regathers Israel now to only let her again be destroyed and sent into exile, again and again? Isa 11 describes the millenium and states that the Lord will regather the remnant of His people a 'second time' from Assyria, Egypt, Cush, Elam, Babylonia and the islands of the sea, a regathering from multiple nations over a large area. The regathering after the Babylonian captivity was a regathering from Babylon, not multiple spread out nations as Isa 11 describes. As God will only regather Israel from multiple nations 2 times, there is a limit on the destructions and regatherings of Isreal, it will only occur twice.

The first regathering from multiple widespread nations is occurring now, and will appear to be completed after Gog-magog as Ezek 39 describes.

The second and only future regathering occurs after Christ's return, after being carried into exile by the nations at armgeddon as described in Zech 14, which Jesus puts an end to when He returns.

Only 2 regatherings of Israel from multiple nations, and the first is currently in progress, the 2nd will be after armageddon. Currently it appears that unless God intervenes directly Israel will be destroyed and dispersed, so it would appear that the time of God's intervention is near.

Which means these are the 'last days', the days preceeding the 'End of Days'.
1whowaits

Postby GodsStudent on Tue Jun 09, 2015 5:27 am

I think this needs clarification, and we need to understand it in context. See article here.

http://unitedwithisrael.org/us-supreme- ... ot-israel/
GodsStudent
Supporting Member

Postby Straightshot on Thu Jun 11, 2015 8:43 am

my comment

It really makes no difference what the USA governing body does .... the Lord is the owner of Jerusalem and He has placed a returned remnant into the Land today

What is obvious is the waning of US support for Israel and the growing antisemitism across the earth .... this to be expected

And the Lord will come and settle the controversy .... Israel will remain, and all other vestiges of human ruling governments will fall [Jeremiah 30; 31:31-47]
Straightshot

Postby drdos on Thu Jun 11, 2015 11:12 am

1whowaits wrote:Israel being regathered is the sign that we are in the last days. Israel is alone, can she survive on her own for 100 years? For 10 years? For 5 years? I think not.

Which means these are the 'last days', the days preceeding the 'End of Days'.
YES! You are right on. Jesus said it himself that he longed to gather the Jews to Himself. Israel is the key it always has been....
drdos

Postby drdos on Thu Jun 11, 2015 11:23 am

Exodus from Egypt... Then the Jews were gathered during the time of Christ's birth (Census) after that they haven't been called to return to Israel till after WW2, and I think we are still living in this process of return of the elect from the 4 corners. I don't think the gathering after exile to Babylon can count since there was always a remnant. Wonder if we will see another such census coming soon. Joe Biden did say that Jews would only be safe in Israel..... :wink: It's going to take another big catastrophe here in the US to bring Jews back to Israel ("Come out of Her My People") Anyway just thinking out loud..
drdos

Postby John 17:3 on Fri Jun 12, 2015 7:06 pm

extravagantchristian wrote:
"Or how about... The Supreme Court just voted today that the US will no longer recognize Jerusalem as the capital of Israel"

As far as my limited knowledge is, the US has never recognized Jerusalem as the capital of Israel. George W. Bush promised it, but did not do it. He promised he would declare it his first day in office. Sad. :disappointed:
John 17:3

Postby Jericho on Fri Jun 12, 2015 7:23 pm

John 17:3 wrote:extravagantchristian wrote:
"Or how about... The Supreme Court just voted today that the US will no longer recognize Jerusalem as the capital of Israel"

As far as my limited knowledge is, the US has never recognized Jerusalem as the capital of Israel. George W. Bush promised it, but did not do it. He promised he would declare it his first day in office. Sad. :disappointed:

Yup, this is true. Normally we place our embassies in capitals, but in Israel it's located in Tel Aviv. In truth the United States support for Israel has always been wishy-washy. But the current administration has been down right hostile.
Formerly SwordOfGideon
Jericho

Postby BeTheMoon on Sun Jul 26, 2015 12:30 am

The great falling away is a biggie to me.

:cry:
BeTheMoon
SITE ADMIN

Postby Jay Ross on Sun Jul 26, 2015 1:20 am

Yes, but just not yet.
Jay Ross

Postby brett on Tue Jul 28, 2015 2:35 am

The rise of technology over the last few decades. These technologies are required for certain prophecies to be fulfilled about the Last Days. We now have all the required technology in place to fulfil prophecy. I'm talking about the following:

1) A global Anti-Christ Leader - only possible with television, internet, computers, technology
2) A time of unequalled distress - Nuclear weapons technologies
3) The Mark of the Beast - Microchips
4) Global integration (a world community) - internet - twitter - facebook etc.

You could also consider global population. The planet is highly populated today and its population is rising exponentially, its reaching its limit very fast - not that I believe in environmentalism - but population numbers are dramatically rising and God knows there's a limit.

5) Israel its own nation.

Just 70 years ago none of these were present and prophecy could not be fulfilled.
KJV ONLY !
The KJV is the only PURE translation. Avoid modern corruptions like the NIV, they have been altered to support the coming Anti-Christ.
"The words of the Lord are pure words: as silver tried in a furnace of earth, purified seven times. Thou shalt keep them, O Lord, thou shalt preserve them from this generation for ever." Psalm 12:6-7
brett

Return to Prophecy Questions/Answers