Amos 3

Where anyone can ask or answer a question.

Amos 3

Postby Ready1 on Thu Dec 18, 2014 5:41 pm

I just ran across this scripture and am curious if there are any thoughts out there on it.

Amos 3:7 Indeed, the Soverign LORD never does anything until he reveals his plans to his servants the prophets. NLT

Has the Lord revealed all that he will reveal to the prophets in his written word, or will there be more as the day approaches? :grin:
Just observing.

E.
Ready1

Re: Amos 3

Postby shorttribber on Sat Dec 20, 2014 8:51 pm

Hi Ready1,
it seems that in the context of the entire chapter that warnings are just given for what the Lord brings in Judgment, in a general sense, not in minute detail.

He is just saying that God does give fair warning through the prophets, and it could be reasonably argued that Israel or any other nation would have all the warning necessary, even in the end days, by those prophets that have already previously prophesied.

Amos 3
7 Surely the Lord GOD will do nothing, but he revealeth his secret unto his servants the prophets.

Please note the similarity in the following.....

Rev 10
7 But in the days of the voice of the seventh angel, when he shall begin to sound, the mystery of God should be finished, as he hath declared to his servants the prophets.
The Wisest men have changed their Counsels and Resolves upon second thoughts, much more upon experience, and approaching evils not at first discovered. Rev. Herbert Croft, 1675

Where no counsel is, the people fall: but in the multitude of counsellors there is safety.

Find seven years of tribulation plainly stated in the Bible.
shorttribber

Postby GodsStudent on Wed Dec 24, 2014 7:27 am

Hi Shorttribber: Why do you say
by those prophets that have already previously prophesied.

I am taking it that the "key" here is the use of the word prophets?
GodsStudent
Supporting Member

Postby Jay Ross on Wed Dec 24, 2014 12:57 pm

Let us be careful to learn the lesson from the time of Jeremiah before the exile in Babylon. How many prophets were actually hearing from God about what was to happen? Which "prophets" did the "people" believe? What was their reaction to God's words of prophecy? What did they do to God's prophet for that time?

The present time will be/is no different. We have been warned not to be lead astray by these false teachers and prophets.

Oh dear, sadly the history of mankind has a habit of repeating itself.
Jay Ross

Postby Keeping Alert on Wed Dec 24, 2014 5:08 pm

Ready1, I think the only thing we can conclude from that verse is that firstly, it was meant for the Nation of Israel (verse 1)
And secondly, this was in a period of time where God gave unto the nation of Israel PROPHETS... This special period to Israel has since ceased.

Many people have taken this verse to mean that we should have continual revelation of God's plans and actions in current days... I think that is taking this verse out of context...

Of note, we have a clear verse in Hebrews 1:1, 2... God... Spoke In time past by the prophets.... In the last days, spoken to us by His Son...
Now is my soul troubled; and what shall I say? Father, save me from this hour: but for this cause came I unto this hour.

πατερ δοξασον σου το ονομα
Father, glorify thy name.

Whether therefore ye eat, or drink, or whatsoever ye do, do all to the glory of God.
Keeping Alert

Postby Mrs. B on Wed Dec 24, 2014 7:48 pm

Amos 3......

Ephesians 4:3....Endeavouring to keep THE UNITY OF THE SPIRIT in the bond of peace...

4...THERE IS ONE BODY, AND ONE SPIRIT, Even as ye are called in One Hope of your calling,
5...One Lord, One Faith, One Baptism,
6...One Lord, and Father of all, who is above all, and through all, and in you ALL,
11....AND HE GAVE SOME, APOSTLES; AND SOME, PROPHETS: AND SOME, EVANGELISTS; AND SOME, PASTORS AND TEACHERS;
12...FOR THE PERFECTING of the Saints, for the work of the ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ:
13....Till we all come into the unity of the Faith, and of the Knowledge of the Son of God, unto a perfect man, unto the measure of the stature of the fulness of Christ...

14...THAT we henceforth be no more Children....tossed to and fro...and carried about with every wind of doctrine, by the sleight of men, and cunning craftiness, whereby they lie in wait to deceive;

One Body and One Spirit.....JESUS has sent back His Holy Spirit that lives in us..that makes us alive.....The Holy Spirit bares witness to the truth and truth bares witness to the Believer....in the body of Christ we have prophets....fore telling Truth.....If a person is a Prophet they will speak by the Holy Spirit and they will witness to the Truth...Thy Word is Truth.....
15...But speaking the truth in love, may grow up into him Jesus in all things, which is the head, even Christ:
The Holy Spirit in you will bare witness to you what is truth.....Thy Word is True....if a prophet speaks and it is not in accordance with the Living Word...then do not hear that prophet....The Word and the Holy Spirit bare witness to truth....Jesus said you shall know the truth and the truth will set you free....Have you received the Baptism of the Holy Spirit with the evidence of speaking in tongues? God has sent back His Holy Spirit and the Spirit of Truth will bare witness to you....His Living Word and the Holy Spirit are the same...they bare witness to the truth.... you the believer....you shall know the Truth and the Truth will set you free...

4....There is one body, and one Spirit...even as ye are called in One hope of your calling, One Lord, One Faith, One Baptism,
6. One God and Father of all, who is above all, and through all, and in you all...

Mrs. B
Mrs. B

Postby shorttribber on Fri Dec 26, 2014 5:55 am

GodsStudent wrote:Hi Shorttribber: Why do you say
by those prophets that have already previously prophesied.

I am taking it that the "key" here is the use of the word prophets?

What I meant by that is, The Prophets of the Old Testament Writers and the New Testament Writers. And was only making the point that the meaning of the text first posted could be speaking in a very general sense of those Writers of Scripture that have already been Received and Proven True Prophets.

And that the text posted does not Require that Absolutely ANY Future Action of God be clearly revealed in advance thru the Church in the Modern Era.

Having said that, I do believe that prophecy will be Completely and Truly Known at some point during the Final 3.5 year Confirmation of God's Prophetic Word IN the Saints.
The Wisest men have changed their Counsels and Resolves upon second thoughts, much more upon experience, and approaching evils not at first discovered. Rev. Herbert Croft, 1675

Where no counsel is, the people fall: but in the multitude of counsellors there is safety.

Find seven years of tribulation plainly stated in the Bible.
shorttribber

Postby GodsStudent on Sat Dec 27, 2014 10:27 am

Thanks for expounding, brother! :wink:
GodsStudent
Supporting Member

Postby Seeker on Fri Feb 20, 2015 10:35 am

Hi Ready1,

Has the Lord revealed all that he will reveal to the prophets in his written word, or will there be more as the day approaches?

Rev 11:3 And I will give power unto my two witnesses, and they shall prophesy a thousand two hundred and threescore days, clothed in sackcloth.

Peace,
Seeker
Let both grow together until the harvest: and in the time of harvest I will say to the reapers, Gather ye together first the tares, and bind them in bundles to burn them: but gather the wheat into my barn.

So shall it be at the end of the world: the angels shall come forth, and sever the wicked from among the just,
Seeker

Postby BeTheMoon on Sun Jul 26, 2015 12:36 am

Abide in Christ; the fulfiller of the law and prophets, the Word which became flesh, and to whom all authority has been given. Abide in Christ.
BeTheMoon
SITE ADMIN

Postby Mrs. B on Tue Jan 19, 2016 12:56 pm

Amos 3

Jesus said....go to Jerusalem and wait for the Promise......
What Promise?
The Promise of the Holy Spirit to be poured out on the believers....The Promise of the Father.

When Adam sin....he died spiritually.....not physically....so God Promise to send a Savior....to save man kind..
In the Old Testment they looked forward to the promise......they were given the law to lead them to truth....the law was give to bring us to Christ.....to teach us sin and the penitaly for sin....death...when we sin we die....so Jesus died for us and by our faith in Him are we saved.....
BUT Jesus said before he assended up to the Father......GO to Jerusalem and wait for the Promise of the Father...
What was the Promise of the Father??? The Promise of the Holy Spirit....the promise of being born again not of the flesh but of the Holy Spirit sent from the Father...

When Adam sin.....he died spiritually then physically.....So we are born of Adam and are spiritually dead So God made a Promise to Send a Savior.....Jesus is the Promise SEED....He never sin so death had no power over him....when he died and assended to the Father....He sent back the Promise of the Father the Holy Spirit of Eternal Life.....Jesus paid our sin debt and sent back the promise of the Holy Spirit of Life......and we are Born Again....we are in this world but not of this world......We are Born Again....Born of God by His Holy Spirit the Promise of the Father......NOW Satan does not want the Church to know this.....He has spread all lies to stop the believers from Receiving the Promise....Because it is the Promise of Life Eternal....The Promise of the Father....

Some Christians are given the position of Pastors, Evengalest, Teachers,Prophets, Elders this is for the Perfecting of the Saints......And God sent back the Promise of the Holy Spirit....to the body of Christ....the born again believers....
We are taught that it all passed away.......that is a lie.....The Holy Spirit living in us is the Promise of the Father...an when Jesus assended into Heaven He sent back the promise of the Father....that is why satan hates this...and trys to keep The Christians from receiving the Promise...We must be Born Again by the Living Word and the Holy Spirit.....
Ask Jesus to give you the Holy Spirit with the evidence of speaking in another language....It will change your life....It makes us alive again......and it opens our spiritual eyes...Satan hates this....it give us power to live the God Life...born again by the Living Word and the Promise of the Holy Spirit...

Mrs. B
Mrs. B

Postby kirthril on Fri Jan 22, 2016 3:35 pm

Ready1 wrote:I just ran across this scripture and am curious if there are any thoughts out there on it.

Amos 3:7 Indeed, the Soverign LORD never does anything until he reveals his plans to his servants the prophets. NLT

Has the Lord revealed all that he will reveal to the prophets in his written word, or will there be more as the day approaches? :grin:

Yes there will be more prophets (legit ones) coming if not already here:

Acts 2:17:
"'In the last days, God says, I will pour out my Spirit on all people. Your sons and daughters will prophesy, your young men will see visions, your old men will dream dreams.
"It is not who I am...But what I do that defines me" -Batman, Batman Begins
kirthril

Postby plalgum on Fri Jan 22, 2016 4:08 pm

The two witnesses will have a lot to say in the three and a half years,Are they not to be Elijah and Moses prehaps?
plalgum

Return to Prophecy Questions/Answers