Will Jesus Always have a Glorified Body?

Where anyone can ask or answer a question.

Will Jesus Always have a Glorified Body?

Postby Mr Baldy on Wed Nov 26, 2014 6:48 am

I want to pose a question to this forum.....

Will Jesus always have a Glorified Body - even throughout Eternity?
Last edited by Mr Baldy on Thu Dec 04, 2014 6:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mr Baldy

Re: Will Jesus Always have a Physical Body?

Postby daffodyllady on Wed Nov 26, 2014 8:24 am

What He has now is not what we think of when we think of a physical body.

Remember, He can go through closed doors, and appear and disappear, just like angels.
Think deeply about this passage from I Corinthians 15:

1Co 15:35 But some man will say, How are the dead raised up? and with what body do they come?
1Co 15:36 Thou fool, that which thou sowest is not quickened, except it die:
1Co 15:37 And that which thou sowest, thou sowest not that body that shall be, but bare grain, it may chance of wheat, or of some other grain:
1Co 15:38 But God giveth it a body as it hath pleased him, and to every seed his own body.
1Co 15:39 All flesh is not the same flesh: but there is one kind of flesh of men, another flesh of beasts, another of fishes, and another of birds.
1Co 15:40 There are also celestial bodies, and bodies terrestrial: but the glory of the celestial is one, and the glory of the terrestrial is another.
1Co 15:41 There is one glory of the sun, and another glory of the moon, and another glory of the stars: for one star differeth from another star in glory.
1Co 15:42 So also is the resurrection of the dead. It is sown in corruption; it is raised in incorruption:
1Co 15:43 It is sown in dishonour; it is raised in glory: it is sown in weakness; it is raised in power:
1Co 15:44 It is sown a natural body; it is raised a spiritual body. There is a natural body, and there is a spiritual body.
1Co 15:45 And so it is written, The first man Adam was made a living soul; the last Adam was made a quickening spirit.
1Co 15:46 Howbeit that was not first which is spiritual, but that which is natural; and afterward that which is spiritual.
1Co 15:47 The first man is of the earth, earthy: the second man is the Lord from heaven.
1Co 15:48 As is the earthy, such are they also that are earthy: and as is the heavenly, such are they also that are heavenly.
1Co 15:49 And as we have borne the image of the earthy, we shall also bear the image of the heavenly.
1Co 15:50 Now this I say, brethren, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God; neither doth corruption inherit incorruption.
1Co 15:51 Behold, I shew you a mystery; We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed,
1Co 15:52 In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed.
1Co 15:53 For this corruptible must put on incorruption, and this mortal must put on immortality.

Therefore, we shall be like Him, in that we shall also take on spiritual bodies.
Since spirits have spiritual bodies, I contend that even the other Persons of the Trinity, the Father and the Holy Spirit, have spiritual bodies.
After all, John saw them in heaven.
Daffodyllady
Come ye out from among them, and be ye separate, and touch not the unclean thing, and I will recieve you... Abstain from all appearance of evil...Without holiness shall no man see the Lord.
daffodyllady

Postby Ready1 on Wed Nov 26, 2014 9:16 am

A point to remember. Jesus post resurection (spiritual) body had nail prints and a scar/opening from the spear, and was touchable. Will those be there in heaven as well? I wonder if they won't be as a reminder of the magnitude of the work He did on the earth.

Joh 20:27 Then saith he to Thomas, Reach hither thy finger, and behold my hands; and reach hither thy hand, and thrust it into my side: and be not faithless, but believing.
Joh 20:28 And Thomas answered and said unto him, My Lord and my God.
Joh 20:29 Jesus saith unto him, Thomas, because thou hast seen me, thou hast believed: blessed are they that have not seen, and yet have believed.

Furthermore, in the Revelation Jesus is repeatedly depicted as a Lamb slain from the foundation of the earth. Something has to be depicted to suggest that he was "slain".
Just observing.

E.
Ready1

Postby Jericho on Wed Nov 26, 2014 9:39 am

A physical body maybe, but not how we think of it. After his resurrection he could be seen, felt, and eat but he could also walk through walls and ascend to heaven. It was physical but so much more.
Formerly SwordOfGideon
Jericho

Postby Ready1 on Wed Nov 26, 2014 4:48 pm

It was physical but so much more.

It was not bound by time or space. But it was touchable.
Just observing.

E.
Ready1

Postby Mr Baldy on Sat Nov 29, 2014 8:26 am

daffodyllady wrote:Therefore, we shall be like Him, in that we shall also take on spiritual bodies.

daffodyllady wrote:Since spirits have spiritual bodies

Ready1 wrote:Jesus post resurection (spiritual) body had nail prints and a scar/opening from the spear, and was touchable.

In reference to the aforementioned comments..........hummmmmm :humm:

I just have a few more questions...as this is a very important topic in my studies...I thank you all for responding in advance.

First.....Does a spirit really have a body?

Isn't there a difference between the body that Jesus was resurrected in, and a Spiritual Body - because Jesus said this:

Luke 24:38-39 -
38) And He said to them, “Why are you troubled, and why do doubts arise in your hearts? 39) See My hands and My feet, that it is I Myself; touch Me and see, for a spirit does not have flesh and bones as you see that I have.

So..... apparently when Jesus was resurrected, He had a Body of Flesh & Bones - notice in His comments He doesn't say Flesh & Blood.

Next question.......Since Jesus, in His "post resurrection Body had nail prints and scar" - will these very physical marks in His Body be Eternal?

I ask the question about the physical marks/scars being Eternal because if His resurrected Body still contained the marks and/or scars that He obtained by man, in this Fallen World - wouldn't our resurrected bodies contain the physical marks that we obtained here as well?

Ok...one more question:

Scripture is very clear that after Jesus has Reigned, and has destroyed the "last Enemy" which is "Death" - He hands the Kingdom over to God the Father so that "God may be All in all." 1 Corinthians 15:20-28

Please see Here:
20) But now Christ has been raised from the dead, the first fruits of those who are asleep. 21) For since by a man came death, by a man also came the resurrection of the dead. 22) For as in Adam all die, so also in Christ all will be made alive. 23) But each in his own order: Christ the first fruits, after that those who are Christ’s at His coming, 24) then comes the end, when He hands over the kingdom to the God and Father, when He has abolished all rule and all authority and power. 25) For He must reign until He has put all His enemies under His feet. 26) The last enemy that will be abolished is death. 27) For He has put all things in subjection under His feet. But when He says, “All things are put in subjection,” it is evident that He is excepted who put all things in subjection to Him. 28) When all things are subjected to Him, then the Son Himself also will be subjected to the One who subjected all things to Him, so that God may be all in all.

The aforementioned passage of Scripture is my absolute most favorite verses written by Paul. Here Paul tells us exactly what will happen in the End. Now, back to my question.........

If Jesus hands over the Kingdom to God the Father after He has Reigned (which we know that He will); does He return to Spirit Form at that time?

Remember that He mentioned this, in referring to the Father....

And the Father who sent Me, He has testified of Me. You have neither heard His voice at any time nor seen His form. - John 5:37

And this:
God is a Spirit: and they that worship Him must worship Him in spirit and in truth.- John 4:24

In closing....Jesus and the Father are One

8)Philip *said to Him, “Lord, show us the Father, and it is enough for us.” 9) Jesus *said to him, “Have I been so long with you, and yet you have not come to know Me, Philip? He who has seen Me has seen the Father; how can you say, ‘Show us the Father’? 10) Do you not believe that I am in the Father, and the Father is in Me? The words that I say to you I do not speak on My own initiative, but the Father abiding in Me does His works. 11) Believe Me that I am in the Father and the Father is in Me - John 14:8-11

And if Jesus and the Father are One - doesn't this mean that when He hands the Kingdom over to God the Father, who is Spirit - does He not return to Spirit?

After all wouldn't the completion of the what the Son was sent to do no longer be necessary?
Mr Baldy

Postby daffodyllady on Sat Nov 29, 2014 10:53 pm

You seem to think that the word "body" has to mean physical. Earthly.

But 1 Corinthians 15 says there is an earthly body, and there is a spiritual body.
Therefore, "spirit" does not mean "disembodied."

To get an idea of what a spirit's body is like, all we have to do is look at what Jesus' body was like after he rose from the dead. Evidently, a spirit's body can appear and disappear as it chooses. (As do angels, both good and evil ones.) A spiritual body can dissolve from solid form, to melt through walls, and can then reappear in solid form...like Jesus appeared before Thomas, inviting him to touch his scars.

As far as scars in heaven... I think only Jesus will carry scars, to remind us of what He did for us. But we won't remember our own lives on earth...

Isaiah 65:17 For, behold, I create new heavens and a new earth: and the former shall not be remembered, nor come into mind.
Daffodyllady
Come ye out from among them, and be ye separate, and touch not the unclean thing, and I will recieve you... Abstain from all appearance of evil...Without holiness shall no man see the Lord.
daffodyllady

Postby Mr Baldy on Mon Dec 01, 2014 7:44 am

Hi Daffy,

Thanks for your wonderful response!

You wrote:

You seem to think that the word "body" has to mean physical. Earthly.

I do believe that the word "body" has to mean physical - but not necessarily "Earthly".

You also wrote:

But 1 Corinthians 15 says there is an earthly body, and there is a spiritual body.
Therefore, "spirit" does not mean "disembodied."

Here Daffy, I think that you have misunderstood the question(s) that I have asked. The Subject Question of this Thread is: "Will Jesus Always have a Physical Body?" - Now this does not imply that having a "Spirit Body" means "disembodied" - as the very question that I ask contradicts your response.

You further wrote:

To get an idea of what a spirit's body is like, all we have to do is look at what Jesus' body was like after he rose from the dead. Evidently, a spirit's body can appear and disappear as it chooses. (As do angels, both good and evil ones.) A spiritual body can dissolve from solid form, to melt through walls, and can then reappear in solid form...like Jesus appeared before Thomas, inviting him to touch his scars.

Again, thank you for your response - as this is the very heart of the question that I have asked. In Jesus' resurrected Body he appeared in "physical" form - although He could do all the aforementioned things that you have mentioned. He did however still possess the scars and marks that He had obtained in His Earthly Body - which was also physical. One of my questions was will He have these same marks/scars throughout Eternity?

Your response to this question was:

As far as scars in heaven... I think only Jesus will carry scars, to remind us of what He did for us. But we won't remember our own lives on earth

Ok, but then you supply this passage of Scripture:

daffodyllady wrote:Isaiah 65:17 For, behold, I create new heavens and a new earth: and the former shall not be remembered, nor come into mind.

My question to you - since wrote: "I think only Jesus will carry scars, to remind us what He did for us" - then what would be the purpose of mentioning Isaiah 65:17, in that "the former shall not be remembered, nor come into mind"?
Mr Baldy

Postby daffodyllady on Mon Dec 01, 2014 7:56 am

Because ONLY Jesus will be the ones carrying scars. We will praise Him forever for his sacrifice. Since we will not remember the former earth, those scars in Jesus' hands, feet, and side, are necessary, to remind us of what He did for us.
Daffodyllady
daffodyllady

Postby Mr Baldy on Mon Dec 01, 2014 10:38 am

daffodyllady wrote:Because ONLY Jesus will be the ones carrying scars. We will praise Him forever for his sacrifice. Since we will not remember the former earth, those scars in Jesus' hands, feet, and side, are necessary, to remind us of what He did for us.

Hi Daffy,

I'm still a bit confused...... :humm:

If the former things have past, and they will no longer be remembered - then I see no necessity of the scars in Jesus' hands or His Body to remain as a "reminder". After all what would be the purpose :humm:

In a previous post I mentioned 1 Corinthians 15:20-28 - which establishes the Role of Jesus' purpose in the Godhead. We must remember that Jesus did not always have a "Physical Body" - He was Spirit, because He is God. 1Corinthians 15:20-28 establishes the purpose for the Role of Jesus Christ as "Son". It states that He must Rein until all enemies have been placed under His Feet - and the last enemy to be destroyed is death. Then He hands over the Kingdom to God the Father - so that God may be All in all.

In reading this....and I certainly could be wrong - but it appears as if the Role of the Son - Jesus Christ will be limited until He had Reigned and Destroyed Death. When Jesus hands over the Kingdom to God the Father, it would appear to me that since God is Spirit - and the former things have past, ie... our sins/rebellion; His Death; and what caused His Death (Fallen World); to include the Scars and Marks will have served it's purpose.

In other words....Jesus, who is God in the Flesh came down to Earth as the Son in order to be a complete and total sacrifice, so that man can make it into Heaven. His purpose other than to be that Perfect Sacrifice will be to Reign until death is finally destroyed. Then He hands over the Kingdom that He has established to God, because this is what has been ordained. Because God...in the Role of "Son" will have totally completed His mission after being Savior - and has made a way for mortal man to have Eternal Life. With "Death"; sin/rebellion finally being destroyed totally and completely after His Millennial Reign - then there will be no need for Christ to show that He is Savior in an Eternal State.

In mentioning this......will His Physical Body change After He has handed the Kingdom over to God the Father?

Does Christ, after He has Reigned and Destroyed Death become what He was in the very Beginning - and that is Spirit?

Will we, after we have gone through the Millennial Kingdom have a need to do the things that Christ did after He was resurrected - in that he appeared in a very Physical World and was able to walk through walls and what not; or will we be just as the Angels of Heaven are now - in a perfect realm?

In closing....do we really know?
Mr Baldy

Postby daffodyllady on Mon Dec 01, 2014 11:59 am

Well... if the Bible doesn't tell us, do we need to know?

Sometimes, I think we can be intrigued by questions that God isn't ready to give us the answers to yet.

Like the question about how far can we take the statement, "We shall be like Him, for we shall see Him as He is"? Some people take that and run with it, intruding into those things which are yet unseen, being puffed up by their fleshly minds. (Col. 2:18)

Of course, the truth is contained in the preceding verse: "It doth not yet appear what we shall be!" And humility requires us to allow God to keep some things to be revealed later, when we are able to handle them.

Maybe we aren't supposed to know yet about what kind of body Christ will have throughout eternity. Maybe that's to be revealed later, like a Christmas gift. If so, why poke at the wrapping, trying to guess?
Daffodyllady
daffodyllady

Postby Jericho on Mon Dec 01, 2014 3:00 pm

If the former things have past, and they will no longer be remembered - then I see no necessity of the scars in Jesus' hands or His Body to remain as a "reminder". After all what would be the purpose

Would that include everything? I don't believe so and here's why... The things we do in this life directly affects where we will spend eternity and what rewards we get. This tells me the things we do in this life are important, so much so that God keeps a Book of Remembrance of our deeds (Mal 3:16). I believe the lessons and insights we learn in this life will stay with us and serve us for all eternity. Not just us, but the angels as well (1Pe 1:12). As for Jesus, think about this. He came to earth to suffer and die for our sins. In doing so God showed a dimension of his love for us that would otherwise be impossible to fathom. I think these things are worthy to be remembered and celebrated!
Formerly SwordOfGideon
Jericho

Postby Abiding in His Word on Mon Dec 01, 2014 3:40 pm

This tells me the things we do in this life are important, so much so that God keeps a Book of Remembrance of our deeds (Mal 3:16).

I don't think God's keeping a book of remembrance of our sins and deeds.

Heb 8:12 For I will be merciful to their unrighteousness, and their sins and their iniquities I will remember no more."

Heb 10:16 "This is the covenant that I will make with them after those days, says the Lord; I will put My Laws into their hearts, and in their minds I will write them,"
Heb 10:17 also He adds, "their sins and their iniquities I will remember no more."

Jer 31:34 "They will not teach again, each man his neighbor and each man his brother, saying, 'Know the LORD,' for they will all know Me, from the least of them to the greatest of them," declares the LORD, "for I will forgive their iniquity, and their sin I will remember no more."

Why Do We Keep Remembering What God Forgets?
Abiding in His Word
SITE ADMIN

Postby mark s on Mon Dec 01, 2014 3:55 pm

Nailed to the cross!!!

:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:
ειπεν αυτη ο ιησους εγω ειμι η αναστασις και η ζωη ο πιστευων εις εμε καν αποθανη ζησεται
. . . saying to her Jesus, I AM the resurrection and the life, the one believing into Me even dying shall live . . .
mark s

Postby Jericho on Mon Dec 01, 2014 4:01 pm

I don't think God's keeping a book of remembrance of our sins and deeds.

Sins no, deeds yes (for the believer at least). We are after all judged on our works (1Co 3:13).
Formerly SwordOfGideon
Jericho

Postby Abiding in His Word on Mon Dec 01, 2014 4:24 pm

We are after all judged on our works (1Co 3:13).

So as believers we are working for rewards? Good deeds = rewards?

Just trying to get my mind around this.
Abiding in His Word
SITE ADMIN

Postby Mr Baldy on Mon Dec 01, 2014 5:55 pm

Jericho wrote: I believe the lessons and insights we learn in this life will stay with us and serve us for all eternity.

I believe that your aforementioned statement goes contrary to Scripture Jericho. The things that we do and experience now will no longer be remembered or required. All things will be made new. The former things, and the way that we go about business as usual in this daily life will serve no purpose in the Eternal State.

Even Jesus has a Role in this Fallen World, (Savior; Redeemer; Sacrificial Lamb) and it will come to completion after His Millennial Reign. His Role will change in the New Heaven and Earth - as once He has finally destroyed the Last Enemy; which is "Death" - He hands over the Kingdom to God the Father.
Mr Baldy

Postby Mr Baldy on Mon Dec 01, 2014 5:58 pm

daffodyllady wrote:Maybe we aren't supposed to know yet about what kind of body Christ will have throughout eternity. Maybe that's to be revealed later, like a Christmas gift. If so, why poke at the wrapping, trying to guess?

Because it's fun :mrgreen:
Mr Baldy

Postby Abiding in His Word on Mon Dec 01, 2014 6:08 pm

Mr Baldy wrote:Because it's fun :mrgreen:

:lol:
Abiding in His Word
SITE ADMIN

Postby Jericho on Mon Dec 01, 2014 8:42 pm

Abiding in His Word wrote:So as believers we are working for rewards? Good deeds = rewards?

I don't know Abiding, I can only go on what scripture says. We are rewarded for our works (i.e. deeds) that are done with the right motives, the rest are apparently burned up. I assume these are works done for the Kingdom of God. Although I'm not sure we should focus on the reward or else our motives could become suspect.

each one’s work will become clear; for the Day will declare it, because it will be revealed by fire; and the fire will test each one’s work, of what sort it is.

If anyone’s work which he has built on it endures, he will receive a reward.

If anyone’s work is burned, he will suffer loss; but he himself will be saved, yet so as through fire. (1Co 3:13-15)

MrBaldy wrote:I believe that your aforementioned statement goes contrary to Scripture Jericho. The things that we do and experience now will no longer be remembered or required. All things will be made new. The former things, and the way that we go about business as usual in this daily life will serve no purpose in the Eternal State.

It doesn't specially say what all those former things encompass, tho from the context of Isaiah 65:17 it's implies the former creation will be forgotten, not necessarily our experiences.

Some things can only be learned in this life such as faith, courage, and perseverance. These are attributes we never could develop in heaven. We also gain some unique insights and perspectives. We fully understand the consequences of sin, we learn about the depth of God's love and grace for us through the crucifixion. Even the angels are learning new insights into God's character by witnessing how he deals with us. So I don't believe these insights are trivial and don't serve some greater purpose. Just my opinion.
Formerly SwordOfGideon
Jericho

Postby shorttribber on Mon Dec 01, 2014 9:25 pm

Abiding in His Word wrote:
We are after all judged on our works (1Co 3:13).

So as believers we are working for rewards? Good deeds = rewards?

well,
Rev 22
12 And, behold, I come quickly; and my REWARD is with me, to give EVERY man according as.... his work.... shall be.
The Wisest men have changed their Counsels and Resolves upon second thoughts, much more upon experience, and approaching evils not at first discovered. Rev. Herbert Croft, 1675

Where no counsel is, the people fall: but in the multitude of counsellors there is safety.

Find seven years of tribulation plainly stated in the Bible.
shorttribber

Postby Abiding in His Word on Tue Dec 02, 2014 4:13 am

In all fairness to Mr. Baldy, I've opened another thread to discuss the topic of rewards.

Back to the physical body discussion.... :grin: Good topic, Mr. Baldy!
Abiding in His Word
SITE ADMIN

Postby Keeping Alert on Tue Dec 02, 2014 4:51 pm

I think using the phrase "Physical Body" gets everyone confused... I would rather use the phrase "Glorified Body"

in this glorified body, you could have physical attributes if you wanted to and you could have spiritual attributes if you wanted to.

Jesus appeared with scars and all for a purpose, just as he appeared as a lamb slain in Revelation for a purpose...

John did not mention Jesus with scars in Revelation...

The glorified body... It is one great body to have!
Now is my soul troubled; and what shall I say? Father, save me from this hour: but for this cause came I unto this hour.

πατερ δοξασον σου το ονομα
Father, glorify thy name.

Whether therefore ye eat, or drink, or whatsoever ye do, do all to the glory of God.
Keeping Alert

Postby Abiding in His Word on Tue Dec 02, 2014 5:19 pm

Keeping Alert wrote:Jesus appeared with scars and all for a purpose, just as he appeared as a lamb slain in Revelation for a purpose...

Good point, KA!
Abiding in His Word
SITE ADMIN

Re: Will Jesus Always have a Glorified Body?

Postby Mr Baldy on Wed Dec 03, 2014 2:20 pm

Keeping Alert wrote:I think using the phrase "Physical Body" gets everyone confused... I would rather use the phrase "Glorified Body"

Hey KA....I like that - didn't think of it myself, so I'm going to modify the Title. Excellent Point!

Keeping Alert wrote:John did not mention Jesus with scars in Revelation...

Now, that's an interesting point. When Jesus appeared after He was resurrected, they did not recognize Him at first either. However, when the Revelation of Jesus Christ was given to John when he wrote the Book of Revelation - did John not fall prostrate in Jesus' presence? He fell as a dead man because he was afraid. (Revelation 1:17)

Now the question becomes, why did those who witnessed Jesus after His resurrection (and in His Glorified Body) not fall prostrate in His presence when He appeared?
Mr Baldy

Postby Mark F on Sat Dec 27, 2014 7:26 pm

Mr Baldy wrote:I want to pose a question to this forum.....
a
Will Jesus always have a Glorified Body - even throughout Eternity?

Well I believe this subject provides us a lot of insight as to how much Jesus does indeed love us. I often think and try to comprehend the fact that today there is a man in heaven.

You asked the question will Jesus return to being a spirit as He was before His incarnation? From what I have read (dead theologins mostly) some comment that He would have the right to return to the state He has been with the Father from eternity past until His incarnation. No one could fault Him if He did, but think for a moment how that would effect us who will be in glorified human bodies if He went back to being a spirit? Not quite sure how to answer that myself other than I would like to think we could touch or embrace Him, our beloved Savior.

You referenced 1 Corinthians 15:20-28, notice these last three verses:

26 The last enemy that will be destroyed is death. 27 For “He has put all things under His feet.” But when He says “all things are put under Him,” it is evident that He who put all things under Him is excepted. 28 Now when all things are made subject to Him, then the Son Himself will also be subject to Him who put all things under Him, that God may be all in all.

in verse 27 it is the Father that has put all things under His (Jesus) feet, verse 27 also states the obvious that the Father is excepted of those things put under Jesus feet. Verse 28 says "then the Son will also be subject to Him who put all things under Him"

My understanding is that this means Jesus Christ will remain as He is now for all eternity because of us for the Glory of the Father. The writer of Hebrews tells us in 13:8 "Jesus Christ the same yesterday, today, and forever.

My answer to your question is yes, I also think His wounds will be constant reminders of His love for us. Us having wounds or the sort would be for what reason? Some may have been gotten for noble and just causes but they pale in comparison to how He got His. He will be the center of our attention and what He did for us.
Mark

All Scripture from NKJV

Find a seven year covenant Jesus makes with anybody plainly stated in Scripture.
Mark F

Postby Mr Baldy on Mon Dec 29, 2014 12:28 pm

Mark F wrote:My answer to your question is yes, I also think His wounds will be constant reminders of His love for us. Us having wounds or the sort would be for what reason? Some may have been gotten for noble and just causes but they pale in comparison to how He got His. He will be the center of our attention and what He did for us.

Hi Mark F

Thank you for responding to my question. I guess I differ in a lot of way most view End Time Events/Prophecy - in that I "try" not to put how I think or feel about any given situation, and try to use Scripture and deductive reasoning when applying it to understanding.

Now, this is certainly not to say that I believe that your answer is wrong. Please take a look at Isaiah 65:17:

“For behold, I create new heavens and a new earth; And the former things will not be remembered or come to mind."

Here we are provided with an example when Christ creates "New Heavens" and a "New Earth". It states that the former things will not be remembered or come to mind. Well, through deductive reasoning, I believe that the evidence based on this statement would include anything that would remind of that Christ was crucified - meaning his nail prints; and/or scars. What would be the purpose? We will have already arrived.

You have also provided this passage of Scripture - which I had previously submitted:

26 The last enemy that will be destroyed is death. 27 For “He has put all things under His feet.” But when He says “all things are put under Him,” it is evident that He who put all things under Him is excepted. 28 Now when all things are made subject to Him, then the Son Himself will also be subject to Him who put all things under Him, that God may be all in all.

The aforementioned passages of Scripture further provides evidence that the role of the "Son-ship" will have been completed. When Christ finally destroys "death" He hands the Kingdom over to God the Father (1 Corinthians 15:24) - so that God may be all in all (verse 28). Well God is Spirit.

You mentioned this:

My understanding is that this means Jesus Christ will remain as He is now for all eternity because of us for the Glory of the Father. The writer of Hebrews tells us in 13:8 "Jesus Christ the same yesterday, today, and forever.

Yes, Jesus Christ is the same yesterday, today, and forever - but this does not necessarily mean Physically. We know from Scripture that Jesus was not always Flesh - or have a Physical Body. (John 1) I believe when Scripture indicates that Jesus is the same yesterday, today, and forever is referring to His Nature; Character and/or Essence - in that He does not change.

Finally the Book of Revelation states:

"The New Heaven and Earth" - Revelation 21:1-6

1) Then I saw a new heaven and a new earth; for the first heaven and the first earth passed away, and there is no longer any sea. 2) And I saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God, made ready as a bride adorned for her husband. 3) And I heard a loud voice from the throne, saying, “Behold, the tabernacle of God is among men, and He will dwell among them, and they shall be His people, and God Himself will be among them, 4) and He will wipe away every tear from their eyes; and there will no longer be any death; there will no longer be any mourning, or crying, or pain; the first things have passed away.” 5) And He who sits on the throne said, “Behold, I am making all things new.” And He *said, “Write, for these words are faithful and true.” 6) Then He said to me, "IT IS DONE"
Mr Baldy

Postby Abiding in His Word on Mon Dec 29, 2014 1:07 pm

I believe when Scripture indicates that Jesus is the same yesterday, today, and forever is referring to His Nature; Character and/or Essence - in that He does not change.

Not to get off topic, but I am in agreement with this understanding.
Abiding in His Word
SITE ADMIN

Postby WOODHENOT3 on Tue Jan 06, 2015 4:08 pm

I believe when Scripture indicates that Jesus is the same yesterday, today, and forever is referring to His Nature; Character and/or Essence - in that He does not change.

Its not talking about appearance or look....I agree...
In Christ Always,
Woody
WOODHENOT3

Postby WOODHENOT3 on Tue Jan 06, 2015 4:19 pm

God is the Creator, IHis creation is beyond our imagination, so I don't think we will see Jesus the way we think but know who he is of course....I think Jesus will always be glorified in a different way...
In Christ Always,
Woody
WOODHENOT3

Postby Mark F on Tue Jan 06, 2015 7:30 pm

Mr Baldy wrote:Yes, Jesus Christ is the same yesterday, today, and forever - but this does not necessarily mean Physically. We know from Scripture that Jesus was not always Flesh - or have a Physical Body. (John 1) I believe when Scripture indicates that Jesus is the same yesterday, today, and forever is referring to His Nature; Character and/or Essence - in that He does not change.

By the use of the name and title "Jesus Christ" this has to imply not only His nature, character, His will, but also His person. The Scriptures only know Jesus Christ in His incarnation, can you demonstrate with Scripture your justification of separating His person from His attributes? I cannot explain nor will I pretend to understand His existence from eternity past until His incarnation, it is one of the unexplainable mysteries of the Trinity, but neither does the Scripture explain that aspect, but since His incarnation, that is another matter, Jesus Christ always implies not only His office, but includes His Person.

“For behold, I create new heavens and a new earth; And the former things will not be remembered or come to mind."

Here we are provided with an example when Christ creates "New Heavens" and a "New Earth". It states that the former things will not be remembered or come to mind. Well, through deductive reasoning, I believe that the evidence based on this statement would include anything that would remind of that Christ was crucified - meaning his nail prints; and/or scars. What would be the purpose? We will have already arrived.

Why would you come to that conclusion? Do you think that what Jesus Christ did on the cross is something God wants to forget? I believe that it is His pinnacle achievement, worthy of our praise and worship forever. God put His Son on display for all principalities and powers to see and to witness. Romans 3:21-28....25 "whom God set forth as a propitiation by His blood, through faith, to demonstrate His righteousness, because in His forbearance God had passed over the sins that were previously committed, 26 to demonstrate at the present time His righteousness, that He might be just and the justifier of the one who has faith in Jesus."

I gotta disagree with your conclusions, Mr. Baldy.
Mark

All Scripture from NKJV

Find a seven year covenant Jesus makes with anybody plainly stated in Scripture.
Mark F

Postby Exit40 on Wed Jan 07, 2015 8:19 am

Mat 18:8 Wherefore if thy hand or thy foot offend thee, cut them off, and cast them from thee: it is better for thee to enter into life halt or maimed, rather than having two hands or two feet to be cast into everlasting fire.
18:9 And if thine eye offend thee, pluck it out, and cast it from thee: it is better for thee to enter into life with one eye, rather than having two eyes to be cast into hell fire.

Kinda begs the questions, does entering into Life mean we remain that way, members cut off and cast away ? And would a concept such as this be applicable to Jesus, who had nothing to offend Himself ? Wouldn't scars and missing parts be a reminder of those things we are told we will not remember ? Would there be a 'time' in Paradise where we can look on these things to remind us from whence we came, to be forgotten once we all understand the full weight of our Fathers purpose ?

God Bless

David
Eph 2:8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God

T'was Grace that taught my heart to fear.
And Grace, my fears relieved.
How precious did that Grace appear
The hour I first believed.
Exit40
Supporting Member

Return to Prophecy Questions/Answers