Seriously bothered by something. Please share.

Where anyone can ask or answer a question.

Seriously bothered by something. Please share.

Postby GodsStudent on Mon Nov 10, 2014 6:05 am

I posted this in the prophecy questions/answers section as "regulars here" will know that I struggle with this and want to know if we can talk about what scripture REALLY says. Long story short, I had a horrible experience Saturday night. We have a new fella working at (on) our house. He is a Christian, beams with his love for the Lord and listens to sermons thru the day (as does his wife...or Christian Music). I really admired his love for the Lord and conceded to visit his church with him on Sat. evening. Recently, he told me that he woke up praying in tongues for me at 3am, which, ironically, was exactly the same time I was awake praying for relief from pain, so it impacted me. He said he believed the Lord was going to heal my body....couple that with recent discussions here on FP where we talked about miraculous healing, and even though I had bad experiences in this setting in the past (I am ahead of myself, will explain), I agreed to go to his church, where this young man said the pastor (they call him "Prophet Jim") prophecies of the Lord over everyone who attends this service for the first time. Ya'll know I was hesitant, but I decided to go with an open mind and listen to see if the Lord had a word for me on the subject or a healing. Some may recall that the last time I was in a "holiness type" church, they put oil on me, prayed and when I was not healed, the pastor called me out in a later church service saying I had already been healed, but my lack of faith kept it from happening. That damaged me to say the least....and no, I do not have a lack of faith.

So we go to the service, at the end he prophecies, and he got it completely wrong with me and my husband. First he said the Lord was going to fill our pantry with food and restore our financial problems in 3 months. Well....these are not our problems....I realize others have them, but my pantry is super full and our finances are not our particular area of struggle. Then, he told my husband the Lord was going to heal him of an illness in the next 3 months. Well, anyone who knows my husband knows that his greatest upset is not his health (which is outstanding), it's mine, and he mourns that we started out so active and now we can't do much of anything due to my health problems/pain issues. The rest of what he said was rather vague and my husband pointed out that it could apply to anyone. I burst into tears and fled the building. I was devastated and overwhelmed with thoughts and feelings and emotions. My husband came after me and I told him "Lets go, NOW!" So we left, but....my husband had left his nice leather jacket at the church.

So, ya'll know me. We went and got some dinner and returned to the church. I asked my husband to let me go get his jacket and I went in, waited to speak with "Prophet Jim" and I told this man that the things he had said to my husband and me were completely wrong. I also showed him my wedding ring and another diamond necklace my husband gave me and asked him if he seriously thought I would still be wearing those if my pantry were bare. He got vicious with me. His wife walked up and started calling me a modern day Jezabel. I told him, what you are doing is wrong and I left.

It's important to say at this point that the entire service I had prayed silently. I pleaded with the Lord that if this were correct, He would give me a word I understood in the "prophecy portion" to know this is real and true, what's going on. I feel I got it when the man so clearly missed the mark with us....and interestingly, the entire sermon (which I gather a lot touches on this), was about how in the end time, men and women will be prophecying over each other and healing each other and so forth. He was "empowering" the church to do the same. He also said that there would be great healings in that church on that night....I saw none....and I am not willing to debate that the Lord would not even address it with me if what these people were doing is legit. He further stated that because there was no sickness in heaven, the Lord also desired no sickness here, so all we had to do was heal each other (paraphrased). My thoughts were...tell that to the millions of Christians out there in the hospitals struggling with various things.....

Bottom line...since that church service, I have been plagued with the verse about lying signs and wonders....everyone wants to be a prophet, have a prophet, look up to a prophet and be miraculously healed. I feel I was taken to this church so that I could witness to this young man about what I've experienced and experienced that night in his church. They are very entrenched in their church....I can only tell him the truth.

So...this pastor says that in the end time THE BIBLE says people will be healing and prophecying and so forth again, just as in the days of old. He referenced, I believe, Ephesians 4 as our "proof." What say the saints at FP?
GodsStudent
Supporting Member

Re: Seriously bothered by something. Please share.

Postby Exit40 on Mon Nov 10, 2014 7:31 am

Hi Lisa. Interesting if he uses Eph 4 as his witness, as it states in a number of places things like, vanity of the mind, ignorance, blindness, greediness, deceitful. And of course how Christians are not to be like that with each other. There is a lot of the prophet/healer stuff going on out there, seems almost rampant at times, I believe it has to do with the great falling away. This verse comes to mind ...

2Ti 3:5 Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof: from such turn away.

What these folks do is take to themselves the power of God, which they can't really, so it becomes about them, not God. Yup, vanity of the mind alright, they are deceived and are deceivers. Feel any love when those folks were vicious with you ? I have a feeling there is a lot more going on that you did not see, in fact I would lay money on it, if I had any, as it is a sure bet, they were defensive and accusing for a reason.

The 3AM thing is interesting, you might be right about witnessing to the young man. Maybe it is him that will be sent to the Church members to tell the Truth. Likely this young man is aware of much more than he knows, proper Scripture will enlighten him. If he is interested in the end times he should be made aware of the deception that will happen, everywhere, try not to attack his Church with it, he probably will shut you off. I'm thinking if you ask questions about his relationship with this Church he will tell you what you need to hear, let him talk and listen to him. Pray over this, of yourself you can do nothing, but the Spirit will give you what you need to speak to this man. If he loves the Lord he will hear it.

God Bless You

David
Eph 2:8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God

T'was Grace that taught my heart to fear.
And Grace, my fears relieved.
How precious did that Grace appear
The hour I first believed.
Exit40
Supporting Member

Postby daffodyllady on Mon Nov 10, 2014 8:13 am

Don't let this take away your inner peace. Be secure in the knowledge that God is your God, and He is in you, leading you. He won't let you go.
Satan has many ploys. If one doesn't work, he will flip to what seems the opposite tactic, to try to attack you from another angle. Don't let this derail your inner peace and joy. Resist that attack. Go straight to Jesus, and hide in Him.

Anything truly counterfeit is so close to the genuine article, that it can be mistaken by those who are familiar with the genuine. Take Monopoly money for example. It is not called counterfeit. Why? Because it's so obviously fake that it cannot be mistaken for the genuine.

The only reason the "lying signs and wonders" done in the last days could possibly fool even the very elect, is because it is so close to the real thing!

On the outside, it may sound the same, look the same, and even perform real miracles.
But we have to be careful not to judge by outward appearances.
We cannot have little mental checklists by which we can know by outward appearances, whether or not something is from God.

We can only identify the counterfeit if we know the genuine.
And the genuine is NOT contained in outward things.
The genuine is spiritual.

And this is key.

Banks do not train tellers how to ID counterfeit money by showing them all the counterfeit stuff out there.
Instead, they train them to know the genuine, until it becomes instinctive.

We have to spend so much time in the presence of the Holy Spirit, that we will become instinctively uneasy when something is not of the genuine Spirit of God.
Sometimes, we won't even be able to say "why" something strikes us as fake. Because the mind cannot always put into words what the spirit knows.

There are many who would reject this pastor you speak of, on the outward cues, which are outside of their comfort zones. But such a stance is really not Biblical, nor is it safe, spiritually.
Those depending on outward cues, to tell them when something is not from God, will be deceived. Because Satan will come from the other direction, and use something within their comfort zone, something that looks genuine to them.

When you know the truth, it makes you free.
And HE is the truth.
The more we know Him (not about Him) the freer we are.

I repeat:
Don't let this take away your inner peace. Be secure in the knowledge that God is your God, and He is in you, leading you. He won't let you go.
Satan has many ploys. If one doesn't work, he will flip to what seems the opposite tactic, to try to attack you from another angle. Don't let this derail your inner peace and joy. Resist that attack. Go straight to Jesus, and hide in Him.
Daffodyllady
Come ye out from among them, and be ye separate, and touch not the unclean thing, and I will recieve you... Abstain from all appearance of evil...Without holiness shall no man see the Lord.
daffodyllady

Postby Jericho on Mon Nov 10, 2014 8:25 am

He got vicious with me. His wife walked up and started calling me a modern day Jezabel.

Hello Lisa. I'm a firm believer in healing, speaking in tongues, and gifts of the spirit. But the way they reacted to you tells me they have the wrong spirit and are not walking in love. There is no reason to call anyone a Jezabel. And if he is that far off base with his prophesying then that should tell you something and they are best to be avoided. As for the subject of healing I can some e-books if you would like, just PM me your email address.
Formerly SwordOfGideon
Jericho

Postby mark s on Mon Nov 10, 2014 8:45 am

Hi GS,

I can think of where it says your sons and daughter will prophecy, and your young men will see visions, and your old men will dream dreams, but I can't think of where it says that many will heal and raise from the dead and so forth.

I know healings happen today according to God's will, and that it's not always God's will that we be healed at a given time.

But all of that aside, very plainly stated is that we'll know we know God if we love each other. The world will know that God sent us if we love each other.

Jesus commended the Ephesian Christians, "you have tested those who claimed to be apostles and found them false." So, I think you are to be commended.

Love in Christ,
Mark
ειπεν αυτη ο ιησους εγω ειμι η αναστασις και η ζωη ο πιστευων εις εμε καν αποθανη ζησεται
. . . saying to her Jesus, I AM the resurrection and the life, the one believing into Me even dying shall live . . .
mark s

Postby bchandler on Mon Nov 10, 2014 10:32 am

Revelation does say that the saints will "do exploits" in the last days.

The word also says that there will be a dearth of "hearing from God" in those days also.

Jesus himself wondered if he would find any faith left at all on the earth when he returned.

After more than 2000 years, I fully expect that we have lost key elements of Jesus teachings to his apostles. Which is why I believe we see so little real power in Christians today.

I pray constantly for Jesus to restore a true and complete faith and knowledge to his church. I haven't been to a church myself in years, because I walk in the doors and my spirit finds no peace there... It always just feels wrong. I walk in the doors and I find no power there. There is no bread in the house of bread... Almost as if God has written Ichabod over the doors of the western churches.
I am not a god or a doctor, and nothing i say should be construed as medical advice or even as correct. I am merely a living soul who is exercising my unalienable rights, endowed upon me by my creator, and recognized in the Constitution for the united States of America, to freely speak about the things i believe. No other soul should grant my words any weight without first determining their credibility and/or accuracy for themselves.
bchandler

Postby daffodyllady on Mon Nov 10, 2014 10:56 am

bchandler, if you ever visit in my neck of the woods, in the Blue Ridge Mountains of VA, message me. I would love to have you come visit my little church. I find here something I have never found anywhere else.
Daffodyllady
Come ye out from among them, and be ye separate, and touch not the unclean thing, and I will recieve you... Abstain from all appearance of evil...Without holiness shall no man see the Lord.
daffodyllady

Postby GodsStudent on Mon Nov 10, 2014 11:14 am

At the time we were in this service, I did not notice some of the things I noticed after we left. As I said, I prayed my way thru the whole thing, because I had a certain sense of both anticipation and dread going on, and the only way to keep still in that chair was to pray, nonstop.

There was a 15 year old girl in front of me. It is her I am most anguished about today....her and the young fella I said I feel this happened because I am to witness to him.

Anyway, the young girl in front of me, this was HER FIRST service.....he really ripped her a new one....and I could see her neck jerking back and forth in offense (made me think of my teenage daughter, which is why it caught my attention)....but of course, after he told her about all her bad stuff, he lured her back....That is not what bothers me as much though....it's her first church visit was filled with a sermon about how WE heal and WE prophecy.....and guess what I realized after we left...( As I said, I was a trainwreck thru the entire experience).....

1) This man NEVER prayed.....he did not open the service with prayer and he did not pray before he went bouncing all around the room prophecying
2) He never did an altar call...not once....and my heart is broken for the girl because of this.

I need to pray for her...but I know the Lord is faithful to us all and will get her in front of a true witness, wishing that none perish....but still....how horrible.
GodsStudent
Supporting Member

Postby shorttribber on Mon Nov 10, 2014 11:19 am

bchandler wrote: I haven't been to a church myself in years, because I walk in the doors and my spirit finds no peace there... It always just feels wrong. I walk in the doors and I find no power there.

Hi bchandler,
It is sad to hear that you've not been to church for so long. We have many reasons not to, but we do not have the right to. As servents of the King of kings, we have surrendered Our Personal "Rights" to Him Alone.
We must not disobey the Word of God and Forsake the Assembling of Ourselves Together.......I know, we can meet in a small group, yes, but it does not fulfill the End that God intends for us.
We must be a light and help in the midst of darkness, wherever we find it....and that includes being a light where the darkness of error has infected so many local churches that would be otherwise powerful if God had a few needed Truthful voices among them.

Please PM me about the church I've noted below will you....you may be very pleasantly surprised.

Victory Outreach
2547 Jackson Ave
Kansas City, MO 64127
The Wisest men have changed their Counsels and Resolves upon second thoughts, much more upon experience, and approaching evils not at first discovered. Rev. Herbert Croft, 1675

Where no counsel is, the people fall: but in the multitude of counsellors there is safety.

Find seven years of tribulation plainly stated in the Bible.
shorttribber

Postby Jay Ross on Mon Nov 10, 2014 3:28 pm

Lisa

In another thread on this site, I spoke of how a pastor had prayed for the healing of my mother when she was taken to hospital with a bad haemorrhage within her bowels. It was devastating for us as a family. Yep she was "healed" but her quality of life at the age of 92 years old was missing yet she endured the extra year of struggling before she died.

The pastor had shown how "powerful" he was in the area of signs and wonders but in doing so he had wronged my family, the church and himself.

It was not my place to correct him or to deal with his "sin" of acting "God like." He was a control freak and nothing concerning the direction of the church was to be openly discussed without first speaking with him and then only openly if he allowed you to do so or if he raised the matter himself and then only guardedly.

A few months after her had "healed" my mother, he asked both my wife and I to leave his church because we questioned his manner of church leadership. He believed that he alone was responsible for the well being of the church body and for that well being to continue within his understanding he had to remove the "thorn" that my wife had become within the body.

The "Church" he lead was struggling because of the spirit of "control" that was exercised by the "leading pastor," before he was appointed, by the pastor who left to lead another church on the other side of the country, and the one who followed him,.when he felt that he should leave the church.

A friend of mine recently went back to this church and, although she enjoyed the worship time and the sermon preached, felt that underneath there was something "still wrong" with the church. The church had grown initially when the "new pastor" had taken over but once more the attendees were "slipping away" to commune with God in a "safer place."

In the present church, my wife and I are attending, we are also uncomfortable. We have to be told to "raise our hands up to the lord" or to speak or pray in "tongues" so that the full power of God can be manifested within the service or prayer time.

However unless we attend, we have no influence within that place nor can we witness and do the work of the lord that He has sent us to do.

Now concerning healing the sick

I have a friend who has cerebral palsy and has lived with this condition all of his life. He is around 45 years old and hates going to "revival meetings" or "healing services" because he becomes a target of the people who believe that he needs prayer for a "complete healing," and they seek him out to pray over him for this.

He needs these people like he needs a hole "rapidly created" in his head as it drains his spirit because of their lack of "hearing" from the Lord. Over the past 25 years or so that I have known him, I have never felt the urge to pray for his "healing" but have prayed with him for a touch of God to be continually operating within his life as he ministers to others around him and to encourage him within his ministry sphere.

When I read your reference to Ephesians 4, I looked it up to refresh myself about the context of what it states and if you cut and paste the words you can get it to read in the manner that this "Pastor Jim" understands it.

I know that you know that it is not our circumstances that is important to the Lord but he is very interested in our response within our circumstance and that he weighs our response in determining our true character in Him.

Perhaps your sense of pain is God's way of bringing other people's pain to your notice and for you to intercede for them.

I may be wrong on this account but my experience is that when God wants me to intercede for others, he brings to my notice the area that needs prayer through my own senses and when I have dealt with that sense my senses return back to "normal." I often do not even have to know the person whom God wants me to intercede for, I only have an impression. Often times he leads me right to the very need, without me immediately understanding. Perhaps the Lord used your "condition" to lead you to your next intercessionary "project."

Intercession is a very lonely ministry and the fruit of our intercession may not become visible to you/us for years and yet other times the outcome is immediate upon opening our mouths.

May the Lord reveal to you what is required within these special circumstances that the Lord has lead you into.

Shalom

Jay Ross
Jay Ross

Postby GodsStudent on Mon Nov 10, 2014 5:27 pm

Perhaps your sense of pain is God's way of bringing other people's pain to your notice and for you to intercede for them.

:shock: Jay, You are the second person who has said this to me in the last few days. :shock: THAT is what I CALL hearing from the Lord. (confirmation) Strangely, I run into people sometimes that I don't even know and somehow they end up mentioning my "intercessory prayer" gift. It's happened a few times and I am always like "how do they know that about me? !!" It's happened a few times and every time it does I am blown away, as truly it amazes me that they don't know me, but they know this about me.

The Lord has taught me to pray in the manner He Desires, and most people don't appreciate it, because you see, my entire prayer's focus is on His Will and never on the will of the people asking for prayer. I always mention their desire and join them in their request, but that is secondary to what I desire in my prayers, which is for the Lord's intervention, the Lord's Will and the Lord to impart understanding to those I pray for regarding how and why their prayers were answered that way. (as well as other things as the Spirit leads when I pray, because it's not always exactly the same manner of prayer, if that makes sense). At first it was hard to learn to pray this way, because we believe a certain "outcome" in our situations is obviously best, but as I said, the Lord has taught me there is better than the best we can imagine, and so begins the real intercessory prayer, as ordained by the Lord, and not by the willful men and women....it is a blessing to pray for others, and I love it.

That my pain may bring me greater understanding and depth concerning suffering...maybe so. This morning, I woke and could not walk due to the pain. My husband and daughter were upstairs and could not hear me, so I literally crawled to the door to let the two dogs out, as they were in a "need to get out right now" situation. Hands and knees, crawling to the door...sigh. Obviously anyone going thru that would desire healing, no? So, I cannot tell you the flood of emotions I had on last Saturday night as I lived on the faith of others (the young man, with good intentions, telling me he believed the Lord wanted to heal me, and wanting me to go to his church). Testimony here on FP about healings that have taken place....I sat in that church thinking "could it be?" Of course, I was full of shame as I fled from the church after the "prophet" prophesied nonsense over me...and the great number of emotions I have overwhelmed me to the point of utter chaos in my head. It wasn't about me...the whole experience....it was about sharpening me, iron sharpens iron, and I took so much in that church with me, and afterwards, when the feelings settled, I saw so much growth in my walk, because I have learned so much here on FP and from the Lord....and I have a "job" to do now....and it's important to the Lord that I do it. The young man, who truly loves the Lord, has no bio family to help guide him....he's in a dangerous place there....but....and so......I understand what it is the Lord wants from me here....and I am able to do it....and I will.....(lying signs and wonders is in my head constantly....and so many other scriptures all day yesterday and today....since it happened....God is so good as I cannot help but repeat what the Lord has shown me....and I will see him tomorrow....and spoke to him tonight.....he forgave me that I fled from the church and he does not know yet, why.....but he and his wife....they will be a part of mine and my husbands life...nomatter how much or how little....we are neighbors and God will hold all this together in His Perfect Timing....He has already told me that...and prepared me for initial upset from the young man....but I "totally get it" and am prepared to share my witness and do what the Lord wants of me in this situation.

I could not ever thank the people here on FP for the friendship, leadership and guidance and outright love enough. Just in the responses to this thread, I have gotten so much from what each has posted. Of course the Lord has been talking to me nonstop since Saturday night, and I love Him so much....He is right here with me.....but getting the confirmations of things I am hearing and have asked the Lord to show me, coming from all of you.....it takes the lonely out and really emphasizes the being a part of a family....which, in this day and time, is critical. Things are so crazy sometimes, and it's so great to know I can come here, say what happened, and get such wisdom and clarification. You all just cannot know how valuable being a part of FP has been for me. I am growing in leaps and bounds in my relationship with the Lord (and you). I'd like to name one person or another for the posts they made that changed my understanding on this or that thing....but then I think of other people and before I know it....I'd have to name just about everyone, because all of you have taught me. I love you and I thank you.
GodsStudent
Supporting Member

Postby daffodyllady on Mon Nov 10, 2014 5:45 pm

I am amazed at how Jesus, even with all His power, didn't seem to go seek for people to heal. Even when He was among the cripples at the pool who were waiting for the waters to move, he wasn't running from person to person, demonstrating frenziedly how powerful God was upon Him. Instead, he is recorded as only speaking to one of them, asking if he wanted to be healed.

Since Jesus only did what His Father showed Him to do, He waited quietly, listening and watching those around Him. His actions and words reflected what God had already told Him to say and do.

Jesus always moved unassumingly, listening for the voices who were calling out for help, and for the voice of His Father. He acted on the Biblical principle of "Ask, and you shall receive."

This, I believe, is where so many modern-day Pentecostals go wrong.
They assume their mission is to impose upon others what God wants to do for them.
When even Jesus never did it that way.
Jesus waits for us to ask, to seek, and to knock.

Can you imagine how it would transform the church, if we would all learn to know the voice of the Father as Jesus did, and to act only upon His instructions? I have a feeling that is the key to begin to "do the same works" that Jesus did... (before we ever can aspire to those "greater works" we all enjoy debating.)
Daffodyllady
daffodyllady

Postby Jay Ross on Mon Nov 10, 2014 8:46 pm

On Sunday afternoon at 3:00 pm I went and laid down to have a sleep as I was feeling tied. I was sound asleep but at 5:30 pm I was awoken with a start and realise that I had a worship time to go to at 5:30 and that both my wife an I had to be there.

There were only four people there but the spirit of God was also strongly present and God ministered to us all as we pressed into his presences. We all shared and prayed and encouraged each other.

God can organise our time so that our ministry is effective when we are obedient.

Shalom

Jay Ross
Jay Ross

Postby bchandler on Tue Nov 11, 2014 11:53 am

daffodyllady wrote:bchandler, if you ever visit in my neck of the woods, in the Blue Ridge Mountains of VA, message me. I would love to have you come visit my little church. I find here something I have never found anywhere else.

I love that area... But I can't even afford the gas to get up to the KC area for a church... So I doubt I'll be visiting the blue ridge again any time soon. But thanks for the offer.

Don't get me wrong... I have people I fellowship with and pray and worship with... I just find no peace in any "organized" church any more.

The one church that I found that was moving in the spirit was torn apart by politics, and infidelity. Ever since then, I have found no peace in any church I have visited.

Maybe I have been sensitized to see the political shenanigans and back stabbing people. I can walk into a church I have never been to, and in 2 visits identify the different political camps in a church, and which are aligned with or against their current pastor.

And I have yet to walk into a church in the last 8 years where there wasn't at least 2 or more divisive camps in a church. I can't stand it... It makes me physically ill to see people treat each other and their pastors so badly.

We are supposed to be known by our love... But these days, most seem to be known by their politics, vitriol, and back stabbing. And even others are thieves, and money changers enslaving rather than liberating their own brethren.
I am not a god or a doctor, and nothing i say should be construed as medical advice or even as correct. I am merely a living soul who is exercising my unalienable rights, endowed upon me by my creator, and recognized in the Constitution for the united States of America, to freely speak about the things i believe. No other soul should grant my words any weight without first determining their credibility and/or accuracy for themselves.
bchandler

Postby Mr Baldy on Sat Nov 15, 2014 7:10 am

GodsStudent wrote:they call him "Prophet Jim"

Hi Lisa,

I believe that there are NO so-called modern day "Prophets" - as no one can predict the future but God. I will NEVER again attend a church where titles such as "Prophet so and so" or "Apostle so and so" or "Evangelist so and so" are mentioned. I've experienced these Oneness; Holiness; Apostolic charismatic churches - and even "some" Pentecostal churches before - they all have one thing in common; and that's HERESY. They have no gifts of healing; they don't have the gift of tongues - it is all gibberish (where is their interpreter?); and they will tell you if you don't speak in tongues, you're not saved. Or they will tell you if you didn't get healed - then you don't have enough Faith. It's all RUBBISH.

Some take the passages of Scripture as it relates to prophecy out of context, and they use it to deceive.

Initially I was going to say that I'm sorry that you had to experience what you did at that church - if you can even call it a church. But your testimony has been a witness to us all and for that I am not sorry for your experience. It should further keep us on our toes when experiences such as these are provided by Believers.

I must say that I am often still very surprised that these "self anointed" ; "self-proclaimed" ; "self-titled" men and women of God are still able to deceive some. In the very words that you wrote, there is no doubt that the Spirit of the True God allowed you to carefully discern what was/is clearly wrong.

Thank you for your testimony. I pray that you and your family find a well rounded Church that Truly Worships Jesus.
Mr Baldy

Postby GodsStudent on Tue Nov 18, 2014 10:16 am

Thank you, Mr. B.
Oddly enough, the young man and family who took us to this church have disappeared, failing to arrive to work as promised. I have been unable to witness to him concerning the false prophecy this man recited over me and my husband, and I do recall they said the group at this church were their "family" and so I am certain my chance to share with him may not appear.

In the meantime, I am still recovering from all that comes with one's expectation of healing and remorse when it is not quite that simple. It's a very hard and lonely place to suspect the Lord does not care for you like He does for others, until that moment when you consider your thoughts are quite selfish and self centered, and that you know of a many faithful whom have neither been healed. Nonetheless, damage done a second time, upon encountering the same "type" of church, I am done with it, regardless of what others may think about the "type" of church....I agree with you....where are the interpreters as I have not seen them in these churches, where are the healings, as none to my knowledge have been truly healed (nor to my husbands), and alas, how is it that at a certain point in every service (for we attended one for some time), God is expected to 'perform' and alas, start prophecying thru the pastor and upon the congregates. I think the whole thing is a bit of hyperbole, and those participating should really question themselves with much objectivity.....I never took well to the thought that at exactly at 11:50, when the pastor of the church we attended for a while, the Lord just performed for the congregates thru the pastor....on demand, as it were. God is no respector of persons....and while He loves us, I see no need for Him to demonstrate it for us in this manner every single Sunday...doesn't seem a sound basis for what we know of scripture.

In any case, I have had my fill and will not participate in Charisma again, regardless of the tenants of the particular church. I am in need of Christ, and not of any apostle, evangelist or prophet. I am in need of the grace the Lord extends me every day when I wake, and anything beyond that is a lesson or a blessing, iron sharpening iron being the lesson out of these most recent and hurtful experiences. I do appreciate my husband's patience with me and specifically asked that if I request he attend another non such service as these in the future, that he (for the first time ever), take me over his knee and beat me until I wail...for it would be much less painful for me than the emotional turmoil created when I allow myself to wish and dream on this level. Truly it is a temptation for me, as my daily pain is so awesome. Yet....by now, I should have learned.
GodsStudent
Supporting Member

Postby Jay Ross on Tue Nov 18, 2014 12:19 pm

Lisa,

Sadly, what you have experienced with this young man, is what happens with many cults. If someone begins to disagree with their "theology" they separate themselves from that person so that they will not be "lead" astray by any other teaching.

I became friends with a young family man who "acts" quite "spiritually" who flitted from church to church.

I started to shared with him some of my thoughts about interpretations of the Gospels and when he said I was wrong because the Bible clearly give the "correct" interpretation he insisted that I repent of my words or else he would have to cut me off because that was what the "Bible teaches us." He was a stickler for the "law." The law as interpreted from his understanding. The falling out he insisted on was such a small part of what we both believed that it seems silly to me to part company because of trivial differences in our faith.

As an intercessor, God often reveals to us what He is seeing wrong within His church body, those who call Him Lord, and sadly we often react poorly and become angry at what we see.

My first experience, of being shown God's displeasure of a group was with an American expat bible study group, where the main leaders saw the devil under every rock or behind every door. When God showed me what was happening within the group my body language exposed my inner thoughts and the "leaders" searched for a reason as to why I was uncomfortable with the group. The leaders assumed that the issue that was making me uncomfortable within their meeting was something that they should pray over and take control over to "heal" me. The "word" that they got which described me, was very accurate but their interpretation of that word was not. So they began the process of the demonization of me because I was" so different" from them, yet we were all openly seeking to worship the same God, and the placing curses upon me. It was not a good place to be in and it was not my fight to bring correction to the group. God just wanted an intercessor for the group and I "probably failed" because I did not do it God's way. Whatever God's way was at that time.

The curses that they put on me with their wrong interpretation of "the word" that they "had received" about me, did cause problems for me.

A few months later, I did return to ask the group leader(s) to remove the curses from me that they had put there but that request was denied. Not long after, God removed that family from that country and they return home.

Fortunately, I had a very good friend in that country, who saw a completely different side to me and who could see God's anointing on me and who encouraged me to keep pressing into God.

Our error is often to act God like whereas we should be interceding for the people within that situation and then leaving it to God to work out the details to bring it about.

God will bring this young family back into your orbit to try again to minister to them so that you too will learn and be blessed. Trusting God to do it with the faith that he expects of u,s though, makes it a tad more difficult for us to accept and we want the process to be faster than what is God's way.

We have to let go and let God. I know, I have too. And yes he does a much better job than I can do.
Jay Ross

Postby Exit40 on Wed Nov 19, 2014 9:15 am

Hi Lisa. The young man disappearing seems to be evidence of the pastor's influence over him. It appears to be a case of any contact being cut off, a common practice of cult like religions. Maybe Jay is right, you will get another opportunity to witness to the young man.

I have to tell you a bit of a story from over two decades ago, before my conversion to life. A friend who was into the 'specialness' of charisma type churches took me to one that 'taught' discernment and prophecying of individuals. The leader was quite good, absolutely nailed some life experiences of the other two guests I came with. She had them in tears when she 'exposed' the underlying emotions they had felt and promised to help them into healing, if they would return for more. She had started with the others and while talking with them, me wanting to hear my stuff too but being somewhat skeptical, she would look over at me with a wary, almost fearful type glance. She never read me, and we went into the service, I had to wonder why, if something was wrong with me. In the 'service' the students got their first opportunity to 'read' someone in an open assembly. A nice young lady picked me to prophecy about, asking questions like 'the letter J meaning something special to me', and thought 'I was a motorcycle type guy', trying to go somewhere with these observations. I was embarrassed for her, wrong on every single account. Needless to say post ceremonies, I was politely asked to never return. OK by me, I had my lesson in hand.

Looking back I want to say the Lord has other plans for me it seems, but as I had tired of traditional religion and was seeking elsewhere in the realm of 'churches', plus my serious seeking of Him personally, He at last took me to Himself and since I have been His. O Thank Heaven ! My life has not been a cakewalk, up and down the success ladder many times, nor do I expect it to be so, but feel rather more and more humble as time goes on, despite struggling with my present circumstance which is overwhelming at times. I know I am being taught to trust fully in the Lord, being joyful in every situation, and to not try to do what I consider the right thing and let the situation develop around me. Somehow I am being used for the benefit of others I feel, I don't know how or who, I must trust the Lord is doing this and accept His will for me. I get quite fearful when looking at what appears to be 'coming down the pike', sometimes I wonder if I might really deserve it. That is a worldly thought, one designed to keep me from my Lord, and end up blaming Him for not doing my will. I discovered it in momentary wallowing in my pity for myself. This in it's entirety is the problem of living in this world, it's purpose is to separate us from our Lord, and save ourselves. Of course we can't do that, so it should be beyond our expectation to do so for anyone else. But that is what worldly 'religion' is about, and within the doctrines of the Nicolaitans, which is their desire to lord over others, keeping them in that particular salvation. That doctrine doesn't even have to come from a church, it's all over out there, a religion in itself within worldly environs. The Lord hates that, best to shake of the dust and move along. As for the so called faith healers, I have learned to sniff out who it is really about, them, and in reality their claim to have power over our Lord. You are right, the Lord will not heal us through through their likes. I try keep in remembrance, if the world, or worldly church hates me, I am in good company. I think you are too.

God Bless You

David
Eph 2:8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God

T'was Grace that taught my heart to fear.
And Grace, my fears relieved.
How precious did that Grace appear
The hour I first believed.
Exit40
Supporting Member

Postby GodsStudent on Thu Nov 20, 2014 4:22 am

Yes, David, we are in good company, and Job kept the company of the Lord, and his afflictions....I reminded myself of that yesterday while reading of his afflictions.....iron will continue to sharpen iron, and the worldly will continue to perish for lack of knowledge. It is a sad state, indeed.

I know the Lord knows I was willing to witness to the young man, and even expressed as much to the young man, but he has chosen not to hear the word I had for him. I am guessing the Holy Spirit is working on that in his heart and I need not concern myself with chasing him down. I pray for those captivated by the goings on in that "church" and dust my heels, indeed. I am not angry at anyone other than myself, for I felt I should have listened to my spirit when it cried out before I ever went. My personal desire for healing is the only reason I had any trouble in that meeting at all, and had I not allowed myself to be tempted, I would not have gotten caught up and then sorely grieved to find there really is nothing new under the sun.

I am still recovering spiritually and emotionally from the whole process.....which means I am learning from it and will be better for it....iron sharpens iron I keep hearing in my spirit. All is well, for I belong to the King of Kings and Lord of Lords...and He is coming for His bride, and soon, praise His Holy Name!
GodsStudent
Supporting Member

Return to Prophecy Questions/Answers