What are the reasons for the Great Tribulation?

Where anyone can ask or answer a question.

Postby Mark F on Thu Oct 23, 2014 3:42 am

I am interested to find as many Bible passages that declare the reasons for the Great Tribulation. If you have formed an opinion please support that with bible text.

Thanks
Mark

All Scripture from NKJV

Find a seven year covenant Jesus makes with anybody plainly stated in Scripture.
Mark F

Re: What are the reasons for the Great Tribulation?

Postby Exit40 on Thu Oct 23, 2014 5:29 am

This is the first verse that came to mind. Hard to imagine in today's world it could be effective, but tomorrow could be different. And I do not have my finger on the pulse of the world, as our Lord does.

om 11:11 ¶ I say then, Have they stumbled that they should fall? God forbid: but rather through their fall salvation is come unto the Gentiles, for to provoke them to jealousy.

God Bless You

David
Eph 2:8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God

T'was Grace that taught my heart to fear.
And Grace, my fears relieved.
How precious did that Grace appear
The hour I first believed.
Exit40
Supporting Member

Postby daffodyllady on Thu Oct 23, 2014 5:50 am

Luke 21:22 For these be the days of vengeance, that all things which are written may be fulfilled.

And within the first seal Jesus opened, is this great earthquake:
Rev 6:15-17 And the kings of the earth, and the great men, and the rich men, and the chief captains, and the mighty men, and every bondman, and every free man, hid themselves in the dens and in the rocks of the mountains;
And said to the mountains and rocks, Fall on us, and hide us from the face of him that sitteth on the throne, and from the wrath of the Lamb:
For the great day of his wrath is come; and who shall be able to stand?

Rev 15:1 And I saw another sign in heaven, great and marvellous, seven angels having the seven last plagues; for in them is filled up the wrath of God.

It's about God's Wrath.

So why is God angry?
2Thess 1:6-8 Seeing it is a righteous thing with God to recompense tribulation to them that trouble you;

Luke 18:7-8 And shall not God avenge his own elect, which cry day and night unto him, though he bear long with them?
I tell you that he will avenge them speedily. Nevertheless when the Son of man cometh, shall he find faith on the earth?

Rev 6:10 And they cried with a loud voice, saying, How long, O Lord, holy and true, dost thou not judge and avenge our blood on them that dwell on the earth?

God is angry with sinners, true.
But He is angry, particularly, with those who have persecuted His children.
And the Great Tribulation is "the days of vengeance."

It is a righteous thing in God's eyes, to mete out wrath and vengeance upon the evil kingdoms of this earth, before individuals are sent to eternal fire.
Daffodyllady
Come ye out from among them, and be ye separate, and touch not the unclean thing, and I will recieve you... Abstain from all appearance of evil...Without holiness shall no man see the Lord.
daffodyllady

Postby mark s on Thu Oct 23, 2014 7:56 am

I'd offer Deuteronomy 4:30-31 (ESV)

When you are in tribulation, and all these things come upon you in the latter days, you will return to the Lord your God and obey his voice. 31 For the Lord your God is a merciful God. vHe will not leave you or destroy you or forget the covenant with your fathers that he swore to them.

Love in Christ,
Mark
ειπεν αυτη ο ιησους εγω ειμι η αναστασις και η ζωη ο πιστευων εις εμε καν αποθανη ζησεται
. . . saying to her Jesus, I AM the resurrection and the life, the one believing into Me even dying shall live . . .
mark s

Postby Jericho on Thu Oct 23, 2014 7:58 am

The Great Tribulation is called Jacob's Trouble (Jer 30:7) and it is in part to deal with the nation of Israel. The Goals are laid out in Daniel's 70th week, "Seventy weeks are determined For your people and for your holy city, To finish the transgression, To make an end of sins, To make reconciliation for iniquity,To bring in everlasting righteousness, To seal up vision and prophecy, And to anoint the Most Holy." (Dan 9:24). The transgression is the rejection of Jesus as the Messiah which continues to this day. This is one of the requirements for the Second Coming, the Jews must acknowledge Jesus is their Messiah.

"for I say to you, you shall see Me (Jesus) no more till you say, 'Blessed [is] He who comes in the name of the LORD!' " (Matthew 23:39)

I will return again to My place Till they acknowledge their offense. Then they will seek My face; In their affliction they will earnestly seek Me." (Hosea 5:15)

So the Great Tribulation is designed to put Israel into position where they have to rely on God and shock them into accepting their messiah. There is also an overarching purpose of judging the nations of the world.
Formerly SwordOfGideon
Jericho

Postby Mrs. B on Thu Oct 23, 2014 9:00 am

For God so loved the World that He gove His only Begotton Son to save the World.....Jesus came paid our sin debt..
and for 2000 years the Gospel has been preached....BUT in this end of the age we have shaken our fist in God's face and said....I'll do it my way

I believe modern day Babylon is America....we have sent missionaries all over the world from the beginning...every Nation has America sent men to Preach the Gospel....but in this end of the age...We Modern Day America...I believe is Modern Day Babylon that Great City... has fall is fallen away from the Truth of the Gospel....

Rev. 14:6...And I saw another angel fly in the midst of heaven, having the everlasting gospel to preach unto them that dwell on the earth, and to every nation, and kindred, and tongue, and people....

7...Saying with a loud voice...FEAR God, and give glory to him; for the hour of his judgment is come: and worship him that made heaven, and earth, and the sea, and the fountains of waters.

8....And there followed another angel, saying BABYLON IS FALLEN, is fallen, that Great City...because she made all nations drink of the wine of the wrath of her Fornication...(spiritual fornication...false teachings, false Christ)
9....And the third angel followed them, saying with a loud voice...If any man worship the beast and his image, and receive his mark in his forehead, or in his hand
10...The same shall drink of the wine of the Wrath of God, which is poured out without mixture into the cup of his indignation; and he shall be tormented with fire and brimstone in the presence of the holy angels, and in the presence of the LAMB:

This is World Judgment....we are at the beginning of end time world judgment.....America is modern day Babylon is is fallen...is fallen...this is the beginning a sign of the end of this age....and the beginning of World Judgment before Jesus comes back ans sets up His Kingdom on this earth for 1000 years...

Mrs. B
Mrs. B

Postby Mark F on Fri Oct 24, 2014 3:29 am

How about this one?

Isaiah 13:9-11
"Behold, the day of the Lord comes,
Cruel, with both wrath and fierce anger,
To lay the land desolate;
And He will destroy its sinners from it.

For the stars of heaven and their constellations
Will not give their light;
The sun will be darkened in its going forth,
And the moon will not cause its light to shine.

“I will punish the world for its evil,
And the wicked for their iniquity;
I will halt the arrogance of the proud,
And will lay low the haughtiness of the terrible."
Mark

All Scripture from NKJV

Find a seven year covenant Jesus makes with anybody plainly stated in Scripture.
Mark F

Postby Mark F on Fri Oct 24, 2014 3:43 am

I was in the neighborhood and remember this one.

Isaiah 26:21-27:1

"For behold, the Lord comes out of His place
To punish the inhabitants of the earth for their iniquity;
The earth will also disclose her blood,
And will no more cover her slain.
In that day the Lord with His severe sword, great and strong,
Will punish Leviathan the fleeing serpent,
Leviathan that twisted serpent;
And He will slay the reptile that is in the sea."
Mark

All Scripture from NKJV

Mark F

Postby slick on Fri Oct 24, 2014 4:15 am

Hello Gang,

Many Of the posts in this thread seem to imply That the Great Tribulation is a direct act of GOD/JESUS however in The First Appearance of the term in the OLIVET DISCOURSE .

[Mat 24:21 NKJV] 21 "For then there will be great tribulation, such as has not been since the beginning of the world until this time, no, nor ever shall be.

Not stating as GOD doing only acknowledging its fact.....other places we see that GOD allows & uses this time for HIS purpose as HE often does in Scripture

It appears to be an act of the Beast:

[Mat 24:15 NKJV] 15 "Therefore when you see the 'abomination of desolation,' spoken of by Daniel the prophet, standing in the holy place" (whoever reads, let him understand),

[Mat 24:16-21 NKJV] 16 "then let those who are in Judea flee to the mountains. 17 "Let him who is on the housetop not go down to take anything out of his house. 18 "And let him who is in the field not go back to get his clothes. 19 "But woe to those who are pregnant and to those who are nursing babies in those days! 20 "And pray that your flight may not be in winter or on the Sabbath. 21 "For then there will be great tribulation, such as has not been since the beginning of the world until this time, no, nor ever shall be.

I would agree That GOD uses this time period to complete HIS plan so by inference He brings this about....But it is not a judgment per se of GOD rather the a.c.

that having been said.....

It serves a two fold purpose....really one....

To separate the WHEAT from The Chaff in both the House of Israel & The Church:
(house of ISRAEL)
[Dan 11:33-36 NKJV] 33 "And those of the people who understand shall instruct many; yet [for many] days they shall fall by sword and flame, by captivity and plundering. 34 "Now when they fall, they shall be aided with a little help; but many shall join with them by intrigue. 35 "And [some] of those of understanding shall fall, to refine them, purify [them], and make [them] white, [until] the time of the end; because [it is] still for the appointed time. 36 "Then the king shall do according to his own will: he shall exalt and magnify himself above every god, shall speak blasphemies against the God of gods, and shall prosper till the wrath has been accomplished; for what has been determined shall be done.

(both CHURCH & ISRAEL)
[Rev 7:13-14 NKJV] 13 Then one of the elders answered, saying to me, "Who are these arrayed in white robes, and where did they come from?" 14 And I said to him, "Sir, you know." So he said to me, "These are the ones who come out of the great tribulation, and washed their robes and made them white in the blood of the Lamb.

(CHURCH)

[2Th 2:3-4, 8-10 NKJV] 3 Let no one deceive you by any means; for [that Day will not come] unless the falling away comes first, and the man of sin is revealed, the son of perdition, 4 who opposes and exalts himself above all that is called God or that is worshiped, so that he sits as God in the temple of God, showing himself that he is God. ... 8 And then the lawless one will be revealed, whom the Lord will consume with the breath of His mouth and destroy with the brightness of His coming. 9 The coming of the [lawless one] is according to the working of Satan, with all power, signs, and lying wonders, 10 and with all unrighteous deception among those who perish, because they did not receive the love of the truth, that they might be saved.

(church)

[1Pe 4:17 NKJV] 17 For the time [has come] for judgment to begin at the house of God; and if [it begins] with us first, what will [be] the end of those who do not obey the gospel of God?

Furthermore....I believe it Begins with the so called PEACE KEEPING occupation of ISRAEL the we have come to know as GOG MAGOG (EZEKIEL 38)

Though Most people equate this as an end times war isnt described that way thru out either the Ezekiel passages or other places in Prophetic scripture.

GOD BLESS,

THE BATTLE RAGES TIL THE LION SOON ROARS! :armor:
Clarence
slick

Postby Resurrection Torchlight on Fri Oct 24, 2014 4:51 pm

2 Thessalonians 2:8-12
8 Then that lawless one will be revealed whom the Lord will slay with the breath of His mouth and bring to an end by the appearance of His coming;
9 that is, the one whose coming is in accord with the activity of Satan, with all power and signs and false wonders,
10 and with all the deception of wickedness for those who perish, because they did not receive the love of the truth so as to be saved.
11 For this reason God will send upon them a deluding influence so that they will believe what is false,
12 in order that they all may be judged who did not believe the truth, but took pleasure in wickedness.

RT
Resurrection Torchlight

Postby Ready1 on Mon Oct 27, 2014 9:24 pm

1) To drive unbelieving Israel into the arms of her God.
2) To pour out vengence on the Nations which have persecuted Israel.

:grin: :grin: :grin:
Just observing.

E.
Ready1

Postby Jay Ross on Mon Oct 27, 2014 10:47 pm

Ready1 wrote:1) To drive unbelieving Israel into the arms of her God.
2) To pour out vengence on the Nations which have persecuted Israel.

:grin: :grin: :grin:

Yes but which occurs when?
Jay Ross

Postby shorttribber on Tue Oct 28, 2014 8:18 am

2Thes 1

6 Seeing it is a righteous thing with God to recompense tribulation to them that trouble you;

7 And to you who are troubled rest with us, when the Lord Jesus shall be revealed from heaven with his mighty angels,

8 In flaming fire taking vengeance on them that know not God, and that obey not the gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ:

9 Who shall be punished with everlasting destruction from the presence of the Lord, and from the glory of his power;

10 When ...................he shall come to be glorified in his saints,............. and to be admired in all them that believe (because our testimony among you was believed) in that day.

11 Wherefore also we pray always for you, that our God would count you worthy of this calling, and fulfil all the good pleasure of his goodness, and the work of faith with power:

12.................... That......................... the name of our Lord Jesus Christ may be glorified in you, and ye in him, according to the grace of our God and the Lord Jesus Christ.
The Wisest men have changed their Counsels and Resolves upon second thoughts, much more upon experience, and approaching evils not at first discovered. Rev. Herbert Croft, 1675

Where no counsel is, the people fall: but in the multitude of counsellors there is safety.

Find seven years of tribulation plainly stated in the Bible.
shorttribber

Postby Ready1 on Tue Oct 28, 2014 9:18 am

Yes but which occurs when?

If they happen within the framework of the Great Tribulation, then the work of the Lord in both Israel and the Nations is occurring simultaneously. The final rescue of Israel occurs at the second coming of Jesus as does the judgment of the Gentile Nations which have persecuted God's chosen people. Many scriptures allude to this scenario. But this one gets it into just 5 verses.

Jer 30:7 Alas! for that day is great, so that none is like it: it is even the time of Jacob's trouble; but he shall be saved out of it.
Jer 30:8 For it shall come to pass in that day, saith the LORD of hosts, that I will break his yoke from off thy neck, and will burst thy bonds, and strangers shall no more serve themselves of him:
Jer 30:9 But they shall serve the LORD their God, and David their king, whom I will raise up unto them.
Jer 30:10 Therefore fear thou not, O my servant Jacob, saith the LORD; neither be dismayed, O Israel: for, lo, I will save thee from afar, and thy seed from the land of their captivity; and Jacob shall return, and shall be in rest, and be quiet, and none shall make him afraid.
Jer 30:11 For I am with thee, saith the LORD, to save thee: though I make a full end of all nations whither I have scattered thee, yet will I not make a full end of thee: but I will correct thee in measure, and will not leave thee altogether unpunished.
Just observing.

E.
Ready1

Postby shorttribber on Tue Oct 28, 2014 10:42 am

shorttribber wrote:11 Wherefore also we pray always for you, that our God would count you worthy of this calling, and fulfil all the good pleasure of his goodness, and the work of faith with power:

and.....

10 He that descended is the same also that ascended up far above all heavens, that he might fill all things.)

11 And he gave some, apostles; and some, prophets; and some, evangelists; and some, pastors and teachers;

12 For the perfecting of the saints, for the work of the ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ:

13 ................................Till we all come in the unity of the faith,..................................... and of the knowledge of the Son of God, unto a perfect man, unto the measure of the stature of the fulness of Christ:

14 That we henceforth be no more children, tossed to and fro, and carried about with every wind of doctrine, by the sleight of men, and cunning craftiness, whereby they lie in wait to deceive;

15 But speaking the truth in love, may grow up into him in all things, which is the head, even Christ:

and......

ps 68
15 The hill of God is as the hill of Bashan; an high hill as the hill of Bashan.

16 Why leap ye, ye high hills? this is the hill which God desireth to dwell in; yea, the LORD will dwell in it for ever.

17 The chariots of God are twenty thousand, even thousands of angels: the Lord is among them, as in Sinai, in the holy place.

18 Thou hast ascended on high, thou hast led captivity captive: thou hast received gifts for men; yea, for the rebellious also, that the LORD God might dwell among them.

the Reason? They are many, but Primarily, that He Shall CONFIRM his Power IN the Saints and Against All of His Enemies.
The Wisest men have changed their Counsels and Resolves upon second thoughts, much more upon experience, and approaching evils not at first discovered. Rev. Herbert Croft, 1675

Where no counsel is, the people fall: but in the multitude of counsellors there is safety.

Find seven years of tribulation plainly stated in the Bible.
shorttribber

Postby Jay Ross on Tue Oct 28, 2014 2:04 pm

David

The reason that I asked the above question is that there is tribulation of the "Saints" at the end of this present age and also at the end of the Millennium Age which is the next age.

At then end of this present age we have the Battle of Armageddon, and at the end of the Millennium Age we have the Gog Maggot battle. This is in line with what Daniel wrote in Daniel 7.

At the end of this present age Jesus is see afar off when all of Israel will be redeemed. At the End of the Millennium Age Jesus descends from the clouds with all of the heavenly hosts to judge the peoples of the earth and those "saints" deemed righteous will be saved. All the others will be dispatched into the lake of fire which is the eternal place of punishment.

We have to get things in right order.
Jay Ross

Postby Ready1 on Tue Oct 28, 2014 9:54 pm

Jay what time frame do you view for Rev 5:1-20:6?

How about Rev 20:7-22?
Just observing.

E.
Ready1

Postby Jay Ross on Wed Oct 29, 2014 1:35 am

Ready1 wrote:Jay what time frame do you view for Rev 5:1-20:6?

The timeframes presented in these chapters repeat themselves. Any reference about the beast that rise up out of the abyss is speaking of the distant future during the little while of the Millennium Age. Revelation 20 timeframe starts in our near future and then skips to the end of the Millennium Age to the little while time period when the Gog Moggog battle will play out..

Revelation 16:12-16 spans a period from the time when the religions associated with the Euphrates Rivers disappear to the recent past time when we saw the three evil frog like spirits come out of the east from the three king who are residing just on the eastern side of the Euphrates River with the final outcome of the prophecy, the Battle at Armageddon when all the nations who will rebel in our near future will be judged on a great day of the Lord beginning to unfold now with the battle in our near future.

This is only a limited response to your question as I would have to carefully compose my answer with more detail that I have time to do justice at the moment.
Jay Ross

Postby Jay Ross on Wed Nov 05, 2014 2:19 pm

Ready1 wrote:Jay what time frame do you view for Rev 5:1-20:6?

Did I provide enough of an answer to satisfy the question that you asked?
Jay Ross

Postby Ready1 on Wed Nov 05, 2014 8:41 pm

I think so. :grin:
Just observing.

E.
Ready1

Return to Prophecy Questions/Answers