Listening to Daniel 8 This morning and Something Caught

Where anyone can ask or answer a question.

Listening to Daniel 8 This morning and Something Caught

Postby drdos on Wed Jun 25, 2014 6:14 am

my ear.... Rebles/Rebellions 8:23 I know that this is how NIV/GW (Other translations say transgressors Muslims?)translations have transcribed this verse. The premise is Gabriel telling Daniel about the Ram(Medes/Persians) being destroyed by Greece(The Goat). Then the death of Alexander(The Prominent Horn)4 more kingdoms rise(4 more horns in the ones place) Then Rebellions occur in those kingdoms which would encompass all those mid eastern countries that are in rebellion now. One man rises up and assimilates those four kingdoms to himself. Who is this man who is trying to assimilate these counties to himself? :eek:
drdos

Re: Listening to Daniel 8 This morning and Something Caught

Postby mrgravyard49 on Wed Jun 25, 2014 6:54 am

Interesting... Maybe talking about Obama?
mrgravyard49

Postby Exit40 on Wed Jun 25, 2014 9:57 am

Might have already happened, under the Ottoman caliphate. Turkey has ambitions that have been called neoOttoman today, but hard to say who the 'who' might be.

God Bless You

David
Eph 2:8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God

T'was Grace that taught my heart to fear.
And Grace, my fears relieved.
How precious did that Grace appear
The hour I first believed.
Exit40
Supporting Member

Postby Sunny on Wed Jun 25, 2014 10:01 am

Very interesting, drdos. I read the other day at Omega Letter or Koenig's site --or maybe Joel Rosenberg's blog (sorry --) that the Kurds are the modern Medes.
Sunny

Postby Sunny on Wed Jun 25, 2014 10:09 am

I found the link. It was at Rosenberg's blog.

With prophetic implications, the Kurds, known as the Medes in the Bible, seize oil-rich region of Iraq. What does it mean?

http://flashtrafficblog.wordpress.com/2 ... n-of-iraq/
Sunny

Postby shorttribber on Wed Jun 25, 2014 3:37 pm

Exit40 wrote:Might have already happened, under the Ottoman caliphate. Turkey has ambitions that have been called neoOttoman today, but hard to say who the 'who' might be

Ec 3
15 That which hath been is now; and that which is to be hath already been; and God requireth that which is past.
The Wisest men have changed their Counsels and Resolves upon second thoughts, much more upon experience, and approaching evils not at first discovered. Rev. Herbert Croft, 1675

Where no counsel is, the people fall: but in the multitude of counsellors there is safety.

Find seven years of tribulation plainly stated in the Bible.
shorttribber

Postby Exit40 on Thu Jun 26, 2014 6:46 am

As part of my Turkey studies, I have been watching modern day Kurdistan. I too have come to a conclusion of sorts, Kurds and possibly also Turkmen could be the modern day Medes. Potentially, they occupy what might be the called Plain of Shinar.

God Bless

David
Eph 2:8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God

Exit40
Supporting Member

Postby WilliamL on Thu Jun 26, 2014 1:55 pm

Dan. 8:23 “And in the latter time of their kingdom,
When the transgressors have reached their fullness,
A king shall arise,
Having fierce features,
Who understands sinister schemes.

8:11-12 He even exalted himself as high as the Prince of the host; and by him the daily sacrifices were taken away, and the place of His sanctuary was cast down. Because of transgression, an army was given over to the horn to oppose the daily sacrifices; and he cast truth down to the ground. He did all this and prospered.

The king was Antiochus Epiphanes, who God allowed to "cast down the place of His sanctuary" "because of transgression/the transgressors." In 168 BC.

These transgressors -- and the word can equally mean apostates/apostatizers -- were the corrupt Jewish priests. They were led by 2 High Priests in succession that bought their office by bribing Antiochus. The rightful and pious high priest Onias III was driven out and later assassinated. All explained in the Books of the Maccabees.

From this point on, the Jewish priesthood continued in a corrupt state, sometimes more, sometimes less. This transgression/apostasy is what is referred to again by the angel in Dan. 9:24:
“Seventy weeks are determined
For your people and for your holy city,
To finish the transgression/apostasy...

These prophecies have been fulfilled.

With regards to the Kurds being the descendants of the Medes, now you are talking end time prophecy:

Prepare against her the nations,
With the kings of the Medes,
Its governors and all its rulers,
All the land of his dominion.
And the land will tremble and sorrow;
For every purpose of the LORD shall be performed against Babylon,
To make the land of Babylon a desolation without inhabitant. Jer. 51:28-29

These groundwork for these things appears to be being laid before our very eyes.
WilliamL

Postby Sunny on Thu Jun 26, 2014 9:22 pm

Exit40 wrote:As part of my Turkey studies, I have been watching modern day Kurdistan. I too have come to a conclusion of sorts, Kurds and possibly also Turkmen could be the modern day Medes. Potentially, they occupy what might be the called Plain of Shinar.

God Bless

David

David, that is fascinating! I did not know where the Plain of Shinar was.

I wonder if Zechariah's vision of the ephah filled with wickedness in Zechariah 5:8-11 still has a future fulfillment there?
And he said, This is wickedness. And he cast it into the midst of the ephah; and he cast the weight of lead upon the mouth thereof.
Then lifted I up mine eyes, and looked, and, behold, there came out two women, and the wind was in their wings; for they had wings like the wings of a stork: and they lifted up the ephah between the earth and the heaven.
Then said I to the angel that talked with me, Whither do these bear the ephah?
And he said unto me, To build it an house in the land of Shinar: and it shall be established, and set there upon her own base.

I have not read the Turkey thread because I really do not like politics, but I guess I'd better get over there and check it out. :)
Sunny

Postby Sunny on Thu Jun 26, 2014 9:38 pm

William, sorry to skip your post, but the reason is, I had already made the connection about the Medes scripture you quoted being an endtime prophecy.

I am copying your quote and putting it together with the other comments for a discussion with a friend.

Thanks! :)
Sunny

Postby Exit40 on Fri Jun 27, 2014 8:16 am

Maybe it's not so much the Kurds might be the Medes, but who are the 'kings of the Medes'. And all their armies. Kurdistan cannot stand on her own, has to work from the power structures already there, those being Turkey and Iran. There is also Saudi influence, and that of Israel. The Baghdad govt is up against that also. Yeah, Turkey thread is full of local/regional politics, the point of the reporting being to point out the deception and intrigue that takes place there, and it's potential to bring Prophecy to fruition, under the guise of islam.

Sunny, some think the Plain of Shinar is in central Turkey. I don't. The ruins of ancient Ninevah are across the river from present day Mosul. The Zec 5 Prophecy is interesting, haven't sorted it out yet. I have thought, possibly, it might have something to do with islam and the Temple Mount. I know, I am stuck on this stuff. It all revolves around the Land brought back for the sword ( of islam ). Islam conquers by the sword, stamps out residue of the culture, converts it to the image of islam. Hard to get around this stuff.

William, I have been enjoying your posts. I look forward to reading many more.

God Bless You

David

Exit40
Supporting Member

Postby WilliamL on Sun Jun 29, 2014 11:19 am

Thank you David for your kind words.

Regarding the land of Shinar:

Gen 10:8 And Cush begat Nimrod: he began to be a mighty one in the earth. 10:10 And the beginning of his kingdom was Babel, and Erech, and Accad, and Calneh, in the land of Shinar.
11:1 . And the whole earth was of one language, and of one speech. 11:2 And it came to pass, as they journeyed from the east, that they found a plain in the land of Shinar; and they dwelt there. 11:4 And they said, Go to, let us build us a city and a tower, whose top [may reach] unto heaven; and let us make us a name, lest we be scattered abroad upon the face of the whole earth.
11:9 Therefore is the name of it called Babel; because the LORD did there confound the language of all the earth: and from thence did the LORD scatter them abroad upon the face of all the earth.

-- so the land of Shinar is the area of Iraq roughly from Baghdad to the south, though not as far as the Persian Gulf. This is the area of the Iraqi Shias.

10:11 Out of that land went forth Asshur, and builded Nineveh, and the city Rehoboth, and Calah...

-- so the land of Asshur/Assyria is north of the land of Shinar/Babel/Babylon: it is not a part of Shinar. This is the area controlled by ISIS and the Sunnis. The Assyrians were known for their extreme cruelty in war: sound familiar? Old ethnic habits never die, they just keep on giving.

Isa 13:1 The burden of Babylon, which Isaiah the son of Amoz did see. 13:9 Behold, the day of the LORD cometh, cruel both with wrath and fierce anger, to lay the land desolate: and he shall destroy the sinners thereof out of it.
13:17 Behold, I will stir up the MEDES against them, which shall not regard silver; and [as for] gold, they shall not delight in it. 13:18 [Their] bows also shall dash the young men to pieces; and they shall have no pity on the fruit of the womb; their eye shall not spare children. 13:19 And Babylon, the glory of kingdoms, the beauty of the Chaldees' excellency, shall be as when God overthrew Sodom and Gomorrah.

-- so it definitely appears the Kurds will one day desolate southern Iraq. Israel has very good relations with the Kurds, and it is expected they would officially recognize a Kurdish state if one be declared.
WilliamL

Postby Exit40 on Mon Jun 30, 2014 8:44 am

Correct you are, William. Nothing like a little refresher in Scripture to define.

Gen 10:2 ¶ The sons of Japheth; Gomer, and Magog, and Madai, and Javan, and Tubal, and Meshech, and Tiras.
Gen 10:3 And the sons of Gomer; Ashkenaz, and Riphath, and Togarmah.
Gen 10:4 And the sons of Javan; Elishah, and Tarshish, Kittim, and Dodanim.
Gen 10:5 By these were the isles of the Gentiles divided in their lands; every one after his tongue, after their families, in their nations.

Madai is Medes, most probably what would be considered multi national lands occupied by the modern day Kurds, the others are likely Turkic, to include the Stans, Javan the eastern Mediterranean lands and isles, and north through the Dardanelles to the lands surrounding the Black Sea.

Gen 10:22 The children of Shem; Elam, and Asshur, and Arphaxad, and Lud, and Aram.

Elam is Persia, Asshur and Aram are Syria, or Syrian, from the western end of Shinar to the Med Sea, these lands collectively known as the Fertile Crescent. There is so much more, all nations come from these people listed in Gen 10.

Gen 10:32 ¶ These are the families of the sons of Noah, after their generations, in their nations: and by these were the nations divided in the earth after the flood.

Now these people are mixed together somewhat, but the Lord knows who they are, many are named again in Ezekiel 38-39, as the peoples and the lands surrounding Israel, largely tribal, mostly muslim. Amongst them are the Children of God, some suffering great tribulation. There is so much more to this.

God Bless You

David

Exit40
Supporting Member

Return to Prophecy Questions/Answers