Who will populate the millennium?

Where anyone can ask or answer a question.

Postby extravagantchristian on Sat Dec 20, 2008 5:41 pm

Since those who are alive and remain at the end of the GT, will be changed into glorified bodies, I take it to mean that those new bodies will not be able to give birth. But the Bible's description of the millennium tells that there will be children there. So who's going to give birth to those children? Could it be, that there will be another "Adam and Eve" that will populate the world at that time?
Matthew 1:22
So all this was done that it might be fulfilled which was spoken by the Lord through the prophets
extravagantchristian

Re: Who will populate the millennium?

Postby 1whowaits on Sat Dec 20, 2008 7:33 pm

Zech 14 indicates that the nation of Israel ('you will flee as you fled from the earthquake in the days of Uzziah, king of Judah' = 'you' = Israel) is still on the earth when Jesus returns and sets foot on the Mount of Olives, and there is no description of them being 'changed'. Zech 14 also describes 'survivors of the nations' that go into the millenium, that also have no description of being 'changed'.

It would appear that those who remain alive after Jesus destroys the armies at armageddon (no indication that he destroys everybody), both Jew and gentile, remain in their mortal bodies and go into the millenium (and have kids).
1whowaits

Postby extravagantchristian on Sat Dec 20, 2008 7:55 pm

Thanks 1whowaits.
So all this was done that it might be fulfilled which was spoken by the Lord through the prophets
extravagantchristian

Postby 1whowaits on Sat Dec 20, 2008 8:28 pm

You are most welcome, EC.
1whowaits

Postby Keeping Alert on Mon Jan 19, 2009 1:42 am

Hi 1whowaits,

I know you believe in post-trib. Can you help me understand at which point in relation to Zech 14 has the rapture happened? Are you saying that not all the saints will be raptured but some Jews and Gentiles will be left behind so that they can repopulate the earth in the millenium kingdom? I am sure I am getting confused somewhere.

Blessings,
KA
Now is my soul troubled; and what shall I say? Father, save me from this hour: but for this cause came I unto this hour.

πατερ δοξασον σου το ονομα
Father, glorify thy name.

Whether therefore ye eat, or drink, or whatsoever ye do, do all to the glory of God.
Keeping Alert

Postby extravagantchristian on Mon Jan 19, 2009 9:12 am

And I was wondering, what happens to the children of those who are raptured? Do they get left behind, to live in the millinium, with their unresurected bodies? If so, what would their lifespan be? :dunno:
extravagantchristian

Postby 1whowaits on Mon Jan 19, 2009 6:22 pm

KA, Zech 12 states that Israel will 'look on' the One who was Pierced, Jesus, prior to His setting foot on the mount in Zech 14. As Jesus is 'seen' prior to His setting foot on the earth, it is most likely that Zech 12 is describing Jesus being seen in the clouds when all the nations mourn, as described in Matt. 24. It would be at the time of Zech 12 that the rapture would occur, when Jesus is seen in the clouds and the elect are gathered, as Matt 24 describes.

After this point the nation of Israel is still on the earth and Jesus comes to rescue them in Zech 14, there are Jewish survivors that are still on the earth after the rapture. Zech 14 also describes 'survivors of the nations' that are still on the earth after the rapture that go into the millenium, there are both Jews and Gentiles that survive God's wrath at armageddon who go into the millenium.

EC, it is believed that children who die before the age of accountability go to be with the Lord. It may be the same at the rapture, all who have not reached the age of accountability may also be raptured, but this is speculation, this issue is not addressed in scripture.
1whowaits

Postby Keeping Alert on Mon Jan 19, 2009 9:53 pm

Thanks, 1whowaits. I am probably a little slow to catch but aren't those who are not raptured, the unbelievers? Are these unbelievers who survive the Armaggadon the ones that enter the millenium? Or is it that between Zech 12 and 14 (any ideas the time-frame between Zech 12 and 14?) somehow some of these unbelievers become believers? Thanks!
Now is my soul troubled; and what shall I say? Father, save me from this hour: but for this cause came I unto this hour.

Whether therefore ye eat, or drink, or whatsoever ye do, do all to the glory of God.
Keeping Alert

Postby 1whowaits on Tue Jan 20, 2009 4:16 pm

KA, yes the ones that go into the millenium are not all believers. Zech 14 describes all the nations having to go up to Jerusalem to worship Jesus the King, and those that do not go up to worship have no rain, they are punished. As it would be highly unlikely that believers would not go to worship Jesus, several people if not entire nations, appear to be unbelievers during the millenium. This would explain Gog-Magog II at the end of the millenium, the unbelievers are influenced by Satan and attack Jerusalem. Also it would explain why Jesus rules with an iron scepter during the millenium, if all were believers that would not be necessary.

The belief that everyone is a believer during the millenium comes from the assumption that the 'sheep and the goats' event of Matt 25 occurs at the beginning of the millenium (all unbelievers are cast into the fire), but from the statements made it would appear that this event occurs at the end of the millenium, and in reality is the GWTJ.
1whowaits

Postby extravagantchristian on Tue Jan 20, 2009 4:32 pm

1ww, do you believe that us born again Christians will be present for the GWT judgement, just like everyone else, having all of our deeds repeated, since they are all being written in a book. Or do you think we will have our own separate judgement before the millennium starts?
extravagantchristian

Postby Keeping Alert on Tue Jan 20, 2009 7:38 pm

Thanks, 1whowaits. You have made everything very clear for me.

Keeping Alert

Postby 1whowaits on Tue Jan 20, 2009 8:16 pm

KA, thanks, EC, Paul states that believers will have to appear before the judgement seat of Christ, the bema seat, and our works will be tried by fire. The only time when all believers from all time can have their works tested before Jesus is at the end of the millenium and the GWTJ timeframe (there will still be believers during the millenium). Believers do not experience eternal judgement, the second death, but they can receive their reward (works tried by fire) at this time, which is what Matt 25 and the sheep and the goats event appears to be describing, the GWTJ and the reward of the righteous.
1whowaits

Postby Rogerakk on Fri Mar 20, 2009 5:17 pm

Basically .... not sure the views here... but this is my opinion...... The Rapture (pre).... then the Trib... there will be Trib saints as well, most will be killed, some will make it... AND Repopulate the Earth.... When Jesus returns, he will get rid of the non believers completely... so when the Millenium starts... ALL will be believers and repopulate the earth.... the ones that had survived AND Believed....

at that point, the earth will be repopulated very very fast.... disease will be very rare, lifespans of 1,000 yrs etc... it will be incredible..

God Bless..
Rogerakk

Postby tdye84 on Tue Apr 07, 2009 9:53 am

Wow, great thread, guys!

This was one of my questions as well. :grin:
The Five C's of sane living: Chocolate, cheese, coffee, creamer, cheesecake
tdye84

Postby Ready1 on Tue Apr 07, 2009 10:02 am

Jesus' "Sheep" as chronicled by Matthew.

Mat 25:31 When the Son of man shall come in his glory, and all the holy angels with him, then shall he sit upon the throne of his glory:
Mat 25:32 And before him shall be gathered all nations: and he shall separate them one from another, as a shepherd divideth his sheep from the goats:
Mat 25:33 And he shall set the sheep on his right hand, but the goats on the left.
Mat 25:34 Then shall the King say unto them on his right hand, Come, ye blessed of my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world:
Mat 25:35 For I was an hungred, and ye gave me meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me drink: I was a stranger, and ye took me in:
Mat 25:36 Naked, and ye clothed me: I was sick, and ye visited me: I was in prison, and ye came unto me.
Mat 25:37 Then shall the righteous answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an hungred, and fed thee? or thirsty, and gave thee drink?
Mat 25:38 When saw we thee a stranger, and took thee in? or naked, and clothed thee?
Mat 25:39 Or when saw we thee sick, or in prison, and came unto thee?
Mat 25:40 And the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me.
Just observing.

E.
Ready1

Postby Mr Baldy on Thu May 07, 2009 10:27 am

1whowaits wrote:The belief that everyone is a believer during the millenium comes from the assumption that the 'sheep and the goats' event of Matt 25 occurs at the beginning of the millenium (all unbelievers are cast into the fire), but from the statements made it would appear that this event occurs at the end of the millenium, and in reality is the GWTJ.

Hi 1whowaits,

I was just reading some of your posts, and I believe that you may be in err concerning the "sheep and goats" of Matthew 25. In that you say that this is the GWTJ (GREAT WHITE THRONE JUDGEMENT)

In reading Matthew 25:31-46; which is the "sheep and goats"; and or Judgement of the Nations, this CLEARLY occurs when Christ comes to Earth in His glory; accompanied by the holy angles of Heaven. Christ separates the unbelievers from the believers who have made it through the Great Tribulation. NONE of the unrighteous will enter the Millennial Kingdom; as this sheep and goats separation will occur at His coming - which is prior to the Millennial Kingdom kicking off it's beginning. The goats will "go away to everlasting punishment" (Death and Hades) to await the Great White Throne judgement, (After the Millennial Reign of Christ) where they will be resurrected at the 2nd resurrection, and not found in the Book of Life. Revelation 20:11-15

These two Judgements are clearly different.

1whowaits wrote:KA, yes the ones that go into the millenium are not all believers. Zech 14 describes all the nations having to go up to Jerusalem to worship Jesus the King, and those that do not go up to worship have no rain, they are punished. As it would be highly unlikely that believers would not go to worship Jesus, several people if not entire nations, appear to be unbelievers during the millenium. This would explain Gog-Magog II at the end of the millenium, the unbelievers are influenced by Satan and attack Jerusalem. Also it would explain why Jesus rules with an iron scepter during the millenium, if all were believers that would not be necessary.

1whowaits, have you considered that the mortal - who I believe are saved; have the offspring (children) - during the Millennial Kingdom, and that the aforemention statement that you made could be referring to them? Again, I don't believe that any unrighteous enter the Millennial Kingdom. This could also explain the Gog-Magog war at the End of the Millennium; in that the offspring of the mortal righteous will rebel against Christ.

1whowaits wrote:KA, thanks, EC, Paul states that believers will have to appear before the judgement seat of Christ, the bema seat, and our works will be tried by fire. The only time when all believers from all time can have their works tested before Jesus is at the end of the millennium and the GWTJ time frame (there will still be believers during the millenium). Believers do not experience eternal judgement, the second death, but they can receive their reward (works tried by fire) at this time, which is what Matt 25 and the sheep and the goats event appears to be describing, the GWTJ and the reward of the righteous.

1whowaits, again, I respectfully believe that you may be in error on the aforementioned stated also; in that you appear to be stating that the "bema seat" judgement occurs at the GWTJ.

The "Bema Seat" is described in Romans 14:10 and 2 Corinthians 5:10. This Judgement of Believers - I believe, occurs immediately after the Rapture of the Church, and happens in the Heavens. Revelation 19:8, seems to describe that the Lord has rewarded His bride; in that they are arrayed in "fine linen" prior to His return to Earth.

Revelation 7:9-17 further describes that the Rapture of the Church has occurred; in that the Believers have come out of the Great Tribulation and are in Heaven. They return to Earth with Christ at the end of the Great Tribulation. It is my belief that sometime during the Great Tribulation, and after the Rapture, some of the mortals become saved prior to the Return of Christ - hence them being allowed to enter the Millennial Kingdom - after the Judgement of the Nations; and/or "sheep and goats" Judgement at Christ's coming.

By the way, I believe in the Pre-Wrath position.

I could be wrong about all of this, and if I am, I would greatly appreciate anyone who could help me in my understanding.
Mr Baldy

Postby 1whowaits on Thu May 07, 2009 9:44 pm

Mr. B, i am discussing this subject in the 'ones coming out of the GT' thread in the debate section, i don't want to be redundant so you might check out my reasoning there. (and Matt 25 does not state that Jesus comes to earth, just that He comes in glory and sits on His throne, which could be in heaven. At the GWTJ the earth and heaven flees from Jesus' presence, suggesting that at the GWTJ they are not on the earth, the new heaven and earth are being created as sated in Rev 21. How would Jesus' return be pictured when he returned to heaven after reigning on the earth for 1,000 years, would His coming be glorious?)
1whowaits

Postby Mr Baldy on Thu May 07, 2009 11:34 pm

Hi 1whowaits,

Thank you for your invite, I didn't look at the threat "ones coming out of the GT" prior to posting my initial post; however, I have now read it, and I have also posted there. Thank you.
Mr Baldy

Postby 1whowaits on Fri May 08, 2009 7:39 pm

Mr B, actually Zech 14 describes those who enter the millenium as 'survivors of the nations', it does not state that these are saints or believers or righteous, which one might expect if that were the case. Zech 14 also describes punishment for the nations that do not worship Jesus, suggesting that some of the survivors will not worship Jesus, indicating that there are at least some unrighteous among them.

And actually the time of the Bema seat is not indicated in scripture, but elsewhere it is called the judgement seat of Christ (2 Cor 5:10) and the judgement seat of God- 'For we will all stand before God's judgement seat...each of us will give an account of himself to God.' Rom 14:10

At the judgement seat of Christ our works will be judged, at the GWTJ Jesus judges the unrighteous on what they had done-' each person was judged according to what they had done'. The GWTJ is the time when Jesus judges based on what someone had done, so it would appear to be a logical time for us to stand before the judgment seat of Christ to have our works judged, since Jesus is on the judgement seat at the GWTJ, judging works.
1whowaits

Postby extravagantchristian on Sat May 09, 2009 8:00 am

1whowaits wrote:
And actually the time of the Bema seat is not indicated in scripture, but elsewhere it is called the judgement seat of Christ (2 Cor 5:10) and the judgement seat of God- 'For we will all stand before God's judgement seat...each of us will give an account of himself to God.' Rom 14:10

At the judgement seat of Christ our works will be judged, at the GWTJ Jesus judges the unrighteous on what they had done-' each person was judged according to what they had done'. The GWTJ is the time when Jesus judges based on what someone had done, so it would appear to be a logical time for us to stand before the judgment seat of Christ to have our works judged, since Jesus is on the judgement seat at the GWTJ, judging works.

I totally agree, I don't understand how the idea ever got started that Christians would be judged seperately from the lost. The Bible doesn't read that way. Just because the BIble mentions the judgement more than one time, doesn't mean that there is more than one judgement. It's very simple, everything we say and do is being recorded in a book. I think that we all have our very own book in heaven. Those books are being kept until court. When it is time for court to start, every human ever created will be arranged before the king, and the books will be opened. We will ALL (not just the lost) have to be there and either hear or see every sin ever commited. Every secret sin will be brought to light from Adam and Eve, to the last generation. I think about all the parents who abused their children day after day year after year, in the privacy of their homes. When they ruined their child's self esteem, causing that child to grow up and do the same if not worse to their own child. We will all get to see the ripple effect of our sins. Weather saved or lost. We will all get to see who our sin affected. That is why we ALL must be there:

Romans 14:10
But why do you judge your brother? Or why do you show contempt for your brother? For we shall all stand before the judgment seat of Christ.

Psalm 139
16 Your eyes saw my substance, being yet unformed.
And in Your book they all were written,

Psalm 56:8
You number my wanderings;Put my tears into Your bottle; Are they not in Your book?

Revelation 20:12
And I saw the dead, small and great, standing before God, and the books were opened. And another book was opened, which is the Book of Life. And the dead were judged according to their works, by the things which were written in the books.

Mark 4:22
For there is nothing hidden which will not be revealed, nor has anything been kept secret but that it should come to light.

2 Corinthians 5:10
For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ, that each one may receive the things done in the body, according to what he has done, whether good or bad.

Matthew 12:36
But I say to you that for every idle word men may speak, they will give account of it in the day of judgment.

Romans 14:11-13
11 For it is written:

“ As I live, says the LORD,
Every knee shall bow to Me,
And every tongue shall confess to God.”

12 So then each of us shall give account of himself to God. 13 Therefore let us not judge one another anymore, but rather resolve this, not to put a stumbling block or a cause to fall in our brother’s way.

Daniel 7:10
A fiery stream issued And came forth from before Him. A thousand thousands ministered to Him; Ten thousand times ten thousand stood before Him. The court was seated, And the books were opened.

Court will only take place once.
extravagantchristian

Postby Mr Baldy on Sat May 09, 2009 11:17 am

1whowaits wrote:Mr B, actually Zech 14 describes those who enter the millenium as 'survivors of the nations', it does not state that these are saints or believers or righteous, which one might expect if that were the case. Zech 14 also describes punishment for the nations that do not worship Jesus, suggesting that some of the survivors will not worship Jesus, indicating that there are at least some unrighteous among them.

Hi 1whowaits,

Let me say that you are really speculating on the verses that you have given in Zech 14. Your speculation goes against Scripture in that NONE of the unrighteous will inherit the Kingdom of God. This is clearly indicated in 1Corinthians 6:9-11, and Galatians 5:21.

Although the timing of the Bema Seat, "Judgement Seat of Christ" which we know is for the Righteous, appears not to be indicated in Scripture - we can look at Revelation 7:9-17; which indicates the Raptured Saints, as they are Clearly in Heaven and have come out of the Great Tribulation; and Revelation 19:7-9; which indicates that the Saints are "given" to clothe herself in fine linen, bright and clean; for the "fine linen is the righteous acts of the saints". This certainly implies that the Judgement of the Saints has already occurred.

The GWTJ does not occur at the same time as the Bema Seat Judgement.

extravagantchristian wrote:I totally agree, I don't understand how the idea ever got started that Christians would be judged seperately from the lost. The Bible doesn't read that way.

I believe if you read my aforementioned statements; which is backed by Scripture, you will plainly see that the Bible does clearly indicate that the Saints are judged at the Bema Seat - which is NOT at the GWTJ - which occurs after the Millennial Reign of Christ, and is for the DEAD.

extravagantchristian wrote:Revelation 20:12
And I saw the dead, small and great, standing before God, and the books were opened. And another book was opened, which is the Book of Life. And the dead were judged according to their works, by the things which were written in the books.

extravagantchristian, your quote on Revelation 20:12 alone contradicts what you are trying to convey; in that this particular passage of Scripture indicates that this is a Judgement for the "dead" only. I see no two Judgements here at the GWTJ; or one for the Righteous and the other for the Unrighteous.
Mr Baldy

Postby extravagantchristian on Sat May 09, 2009 1:23 pm

Matthew 12:36
But I say to you that for every idle word men may speak, they will give account of it in the day of judgment.

This verse says that there is only one day of judgement. THE day of judgement. On which we will all give an account.
extravagantchristian

Postby Jericho on Sat May 09, 2009 1:34 pm

Something I've wondered about, what happens to all the people that have taken the mark at the end of the Great Tribulation. Are all the un-believers around the world supernaturally wiped out?
Formerly SwordOfGideon
Jericho

Postby extravagantchristian on Sat May 09, 2009 1:38 pm

I think the angels are going to kill them, because Jesus will be in Israel killing those who were gathered together for Armageddon.
extravagantchristian

Postby extravagantchristian on Sat May 09, 2009 1:48 pm

Maybe the rapturerd saints will epopluate the millenium. :humm:
extravagantchristian

Postby The Orange Mailman on Sat May 09, 2009 5:12 pm

Since the subject of the bema seat is in question here, I thought I would drop in a few comments.

I believe that the timing of the bema seat judgement can be known because Paul quotes an OT verse which he states will be fulfilled at the time of the judgement seat of Christ (Messiah). Romans 14:10-12 is the text in question.

10 But why dost thou judge thy brother? or why dost thou set at nought thy brother? for we shall all stand before the judgment seat of Christ. 11 For it is written, As I live, saith the Lord, every knee shall bow to me, and every tongue shall confess to God. 12 So then every one of us shall give account of himself to God.

The passage which Paul is quoting as proof that all Christians (Messiah-ites) will be judged personally by the Messiah is Isaiah 45:23 which is part of a larger passage that needs to be examined. Since Paul is using this scripture to show that Christians will stand before a judgement seat of the Messiah, this passage should bear out some revelation as to when it will occur. I post it in the ESV with the lines of poetry.

15 Truly, you are a God who hides himself,
O God of Israel, the Savior.
16 All of them are put to shame and confounded;
the makers of idols go in confusion together.
17 But Israel is saved by the Lord
with everlasting salvation;
you shall not be put to shame or confounded
to all eternity.

18 For thus says the Lord,
who created the heavens
(he is God!),
who formed the earth and made it
(he established it;
he did not create it empty,
he formed it to be inhabited!):
I am the Lord, and there is no other.
19 I did not speak in secret,
in a land of darkness;
I did not say to the offspring of Jacob,
Seek me in vain.
I the Lord speak the truth;
I declare what is right.

20 Assemble yourselves and come;
draw near together,
you survivors of the nations!
They have no knowledge
who carry about their wooden idols,
and keep on praying to a god
that cannot save.
21 Declare and present your case;
let them take counsel together!
Who told this long ago?Who declared it of old?
Was it not I, the Lord?
And there is no other god besides me,
a righteous God and a Savior;
there is none besides me.

22 Turn to me and be saved,
all the ends of the earth!
For I am God, and there is no other.
23 By myself I have sworn;
from my mouth has gone out in righteousness
a word that shall not return:
To me every knee shall bow,
every tongue shall swear allegiance.

24 Only in the Lord, it shall be said of me,
are righteousness and strength;
to him shall come and be ashamed
all who were incensed against him.
25 In the Lord all the offspring of Israel
shall be justified and shall glory.

From verse 17 we see that the subject is the everlasting salvation of Israel as a nation. The passage is not speaking of heaven, but of God's plan for the earth to be inhabited, verse 18. The survivors of the nations are prompted to give up their idols and worship the God of Israel, verse 20. The Savior in verse 15 is a reference to the Messiah. Throughout Isaiah 40-66 the Messiah spoken of in many different way, Savior, Redeemer, Servant, Husband. So when we get down to verse 22 and the invitation for the entire earth to look to this person claiming to be God and One who can save the entire earth, we see the Messiah.

As the Messiah is giving this ultimatum to look unto Him and be saved, He makes a decree. Every knee must bow and every tongue will swear allegiance to Him. So in context, as Israel is entering into that eternal salvation, and as the entire earth is being presented with the option of worshiping the Messiah of Israel, the conditions are clear. Each person (or nation) who wants to be included in this salvation (being saved, verse 22) must bow the knee before this Messiah and swear allegiance with their tongue. The oath of allegiance that they take is explained in verse 24. "Only in the LORD... are righteousness and strength." Those who were previously incensed against the LORD will now come to Him and be ashamed. The last portion emphasizes again that all the offspring of Israel will be justified at this time.

This is clearly at the time when Messiah sets up His kingdom here on earth. All Israel will take the oath and enter into that kingdom. The rest of the earth, other nations, will have the same invitation. His reign will only be over those who bow the knee and take that oath.

So Paul's use of this passage proves that we as believers in the Messiah will be right there bowing the knee in submission, taking the oath that our righteousness is in the LORD alone, and entering the Messianic Kingdom.

Have fun and stay busy - Luke 19:13

-The Orange Mailman
The Orange Mailman

Postby 1whowaits on Sat May 09, 2009 11:09 pm

Mr. B, altough the time of the judgement seat of Christ is not stated by Paul, Paul does state that 'we mast all appear before the judgement seat of Christ' (2 Cor 5) and ' we all will stand before God's judgement seat. It is written; As surely as I live, says the Lord, every knee will bow before me, every tongue will confess to God. So then each of us will give an account of himself to God.' (Rom 14)

Paul does not specify whether 'all' who will stand before God refers to the righteous, but the statement he quotes 'every knee will bow..' refers to the entire world, not just the righteous. By the inclusion of that phrase 'every knee will bow..' in a description of 'all' standing before God's (Jesus') judgement seat, it is more likely that 'all' refers to the entire world.

And the only time the unrighteous stand before Jesus' judgement seat is at the GWTJ. And as Jesus states that he will raise the unrighteous as well as the righteous in John 5, the unrighteous at the GWTJ are the dead that have been raised (death is destroyed in the lake of fire, they are no longer in death), the unrighteous at the GWTJ are alive. (it wouldn't be the second death if one was still dead)

Therefore as 'every knee will bow' refers to the entire world, and as Paul states this in the context of the judgement seat of God (Christ), as the unrighteous will stand before Christ at the GWTJ, it is likely that this is also the time the righteous stand before the judgement seat of Christ.

Rev 21 does describe the righteous 'inheriting' their eternal reward at the time of the GWTJ, and the righteous receive their reward at the judgement seat of Christ (1 Cor 3) 'If what he has built survives, he will receive his reward.'

As the righteous recieve their reward at the judgement seat of Christ, as the righteous recieve their reward, their inheritance, at the time the GWTJ as described in Rev 21, it is most likely that the judgement seat of Christ and the GWTJ are one in the same judgement by Jesus of the deeds of men.

EC, thanks so much for your input and listing the scriptures, your knowledge is definitely increasing, well done.
1whowaits

Postby extravagantchristian on Sun May 10, 2009 10:58 am

Thank you!
extravagantchristian

Postby lamb7 on Tue May 12, 2009 12:04 pm

Man, I love this site!!! I too find it a bit confusing. I always wondered that at the end of the Tribulation, what will happen to those who don't accept Jesus, but don't accept the mark of the beast either. I know it is quite clear that there will be no middle ground, but is it far-fetched to think there will be any who enter the Millennium that are still unsure? Or are we to gather that by this time, any who were unsure and didn't take the mark, are pretty sure by now, accepting Jesus and then enter the Millennium? Meaning none who are unrighteous enter this blessed and wonderful time?

I also find it hard to fathom anyone who will live under the rule of our loving master, Jesus, could be defiled by satan, once released again, after the end of the 1000 years. I guess it goes to show that those who weren't resurrected at the second advent, still having the sin nature and how strong that sin nature is. Kind of puts in perspective how strong one has to be in their faith.

Also, since I'm on the topic. How do you think we will co-exist, if we are lucky enough to have been taken with our Lord Jesus Christ, with those who still live with the sin nature? We in our interim bodies and them, still in their human bodies. It is so exciting, yet confusing to ponder. Am I way out in left field here? Dying to hear any thoughts!
lamb7

Postby 1whowaits on Tue May 12, 2009 7:47 pm

Lamb, i would agree, i believe those who have not taken the mark, even though they are unrighteous, will be allowed to enter the millenium. Zech 14 appears to describe these as the survivors of the nations that go into the millenium.

Many believe that no unrighteous will be allowed into the millenium because of their interpretation of Matt 25. But if Matt 25 were describing the begining of the millenium Jesus would be casting the unrighteous, who do appear willing to repent, into eternal puinshment because of their works. And then Jesus would allow those who rebel and defy Him, those who do not go up to worship Him during the millenium in Zech 14, to continue on without destroying them until the end of the millenium, making Jesus appear inconsistent, which He of course is not.

So it does appear that the unrighteous will enter the millenium and coexist with the righteous until the end of the millenium. As we will be with Jesus in our new bodies during the millenium, and we will be ruling the nations apparently, our witness to the unrighteous may not be over when we die, we may still need to witness to them in our new bodies during the millenium.
1whowaits

Postby kazbo on Tue May 12, 2009 8:23 pm

I also find it hard to fathom anyone who will live under the rule of our loving master, Jesus, could be defiled by satan, once released again, after the end of the 1000 years. I guess it goes to show that those who weren't resurrected at the second advent, still having the sin nature and how strong that sin nature is.

I've read that the Millenium will show man's utter need for a Savior by illustrating that, even when directly ruled by a Jesus they can see and talk to, witnessing his beneficent rule, man will still choose evil. No one will have any excuse, unable to say "Well, if only I could have seen Jesus, known for sure that he existed and was loving, I would have chosen him."
kazbo

Postby 1whowaits on Wed May 13, 2009 3:43 pm

kazbo, i would agree, God goes out of His way to demonstrate that even in the presence of Jesus Himself, evil men who are driven by self will still choose their own will over God's every time. God is demonstrating that all self will, all rebellion, must be done away with, all must submit to God's will ('the Son himself will be made subject to him who put everything under him, so that God may be all in all- 1 Cor 15).
1whowaits

Postby Ready1 on Thu May 14, 2009 1:14 pm

I've read that the Millenium will show man's utter need for a Savior by illustrating that, even when directly ruled by a Jesus they can see and talk to, witnessing his beneficent rule, man will still choose evil. No one will have any excuse, unable to say "Well, if only I could have seen Jesus, known for sure that he existed and was loving, I would have chosen him."

kazbo, it is my belief that this is God's final proof to man that he cannot be good enough under any scenario to merit God's blessing. His heart is continually evil. And he seeks to go astray, even under a perfect government. Each time-era has started out strong and ended in rebellion. This one will be no different.
Just observing.

E.
Ready1

Postby lamb7 on Wed May 20, 2009 7:46 am

by kazbo on Tue May 12, 2009 8:23 pm

I also find it hard to fathom anyone who will live under the rule of our loving master, Jesus, could be defiled by satan, once released again, after the end of the 1000 years. I guess it goes to show that those who weren't resurrected at the second advent, still having the sin nature and how strong that sin nature is.

"High King of Heaven, my treasure thou art"

kazbo

by 1whowaits on Wed May 13, 2009 3:43 pm

kazbo, i would agree, God goes out of His way to demonstrate that even in the presence of Jesus Himself, evil men who are driven by self will still choose their own will over God's every time. God is demonstrating that all self will, all rebellion, must be done away with, all must submit to God's will ('the Son himself will be made subject to him who put everything under him, so that God may be all in all- 1 Cor 15).
1whowaits

by Ready1 on Thu May 14, 2009 1:14 pm

kazbo, it is my belief that this is God's final proof to man that he cannot be good enough under any scenario to merit God's blessing. His heart is continually evil. And he seeks to go astray, even under a perfect government. Each time-era has started out strong and ended in rebellion. This one will be no different.

Sorry it took so long to get back to this thread. There is so much on this site, I forget where I've posted!
Excellent answers! Thank you for this.
lamb7

Postby Spreading Salt on Wed May 20, 2009 3:07 pm

I believe that everyone taking the MOB will be harvested as the "tares" and parked for the BEMA seat judgment.

The saints will be resurrected and partake in the wedding banquet when Yeshua presents His Bride. They will be given their glorified bodies and He Himself will serve them at the dinner.

The folks around the globe who never took the MOB will enter into the Millennium and repopulate the earth.

The question I'm wondering is whether or not non-glorified bodies will be in the presence of Jesus. The righteous walk the heavenly highway and enter the temple. The righteous have full access to Him. Perhaps it is that people won't get to see Him, just like we believed without seeing. They just continue to live and hear about Him from us. I'm not saying that He is hiding or anything, but that whatever exposure they do get to Him, is from a distance or something. I don't know. Just a thought.

It's so hard for my brain to consider the possibility that with Him HERE, on the earth, ruling and reigning, that people will still not embrace Him. That blows my mind! :alrighty: If they don't have access to Him, maybe that explains it?
Spreading Salt
Supporting Member

Postby Mrs. B on Thu May 21, 2009 12:55 pm

Zech 14:16....And it shall come to pass.....
that every one that is left of all the nations which came against Jerusalem shall even....

go up from year to year to worship the King the Lord of Hosts,
and to keep the feast of tabernacles...

Isaiah 66:18.....For I know their works and their thoughts:
it shall come, that I will Gather all Nations and tongues;
and they shall come, and see my Glory....

19....And I will set a sign among them,

and I will Send Those that Escape of them into the nations....

This is another place about those that escape....or survive.....

20...And they shall bring all your brethren for an offering unto the Lord out of all nations
upon horses, and in chariots, and in litters, and upon mules, and upon swift beasts,
to My Holy Mountinsin Jerusalem, saith the Lord, as the Children
of Israel bring an offering in a clean vessel into the house of the Lord....

Evidently the world will be repopulated again during the millimun....

just like the flood.....those that escape...will go to Jerusalem to worship..

The earth will be refreshed.....

bb
Mrs. B

Postby Abiding in His Word on Thu May 21, 2009 2:35 pm

Evidently the world will be repopulated again during the millimun....

just like the flood.....those that escape...will go to Jerusalem to worship..

The earth will be refreshed.....

I agree, Mrs. B. I also believe those foolish virgins were believers, albeit foolish and will be here to repopulate as well.
Abiding in His Word
SITE ADMIN

Return to Prophecy Questions/Answers