Will the Sacrifice System be Reinstated During the Millenniu

Where anyone can ask or answer a question.

Will the Sacrifice System be Reinstated During the Millenniu

Postby Shayla2 on Tue Feb 17, 2004 2:29 pm

I would really like to hear what you have to say concerning this. I know that Ezekiel and Zechariah speak of the sacrifice system in the Millennium. This puzzles me , as I thought that Christ's Sacrifice did away with the sacrifice system forever.<br>
<br>
I hope that you can help me better understand this. It will be greatly appreciated.<br>
<br>
Thanks <p></p><i></i>
Shayla2

My thoughts,

Postby 1withJesus on Tue Feb 17, 2004 3:18 pm

I have also wondered about this very same thing. JMO, I think that animal sacrifices won't be necessary because Jesus replaced this system and will continue to be the salvation medium throughout the millenium. Also, Revelations tells us that animals will no longer kill for food, thus suggesting they live off a vegetarian diet. I expect people to also have this diet. I think the Eden-produce in the millenium will greatly surpass any nutritional or tasteful need of meat. It seems to me Jesus' role will be the same in person as in spirit. We may even have a single, unified world church teaching nothing but the total truth. No more wondering if a minister's interpretation is the correct one or not.<br>
Jim. <p></p><i></i>
1withJesus

Re: Will the Sacrifice System be Reinstated During the Mille

Postby orangemailman on Tue Feb 17, 2004 4:52 pm

Shayla2-<br>
<br>
I agree that no sacrifice is necessary for the forgiveness of sins because Christ's sacrifice is sufficient. However, the apostle Paul sacrificed at the temple long after his sins were forgiven. Acts 21:23-26. Many Jewish Christians probably continued sacrificing at the temple, but knew that it was Christ's sacrifice that forgave their sins. <br>
<br>
Even the Old Testament sacrifices did not forgive sins. They only looked forward to the true sacrifice that would one day happen. The passover is a beautiful picture of Christ's death. <br>
<br>
Now how about that Millennium? If, before Christ's death, the sacrifices did not forgive sins, but were just a shadow of things to come (Hebrews 10:1), why couldn't the Millennial Temple have a place for sacrifice that would look backwards to Christ's death on the cross?<br>
<br>
In all the book of Hebrews, I don't read where it says that the Jews were not to sacrifice any more. I don't read where it says that Christ did away with the sacrificial system, but just fulfilled it. I think the writer was addressing people who believed that they would be saved only on the basis of those OT sacrifices and wanted to show the superiority of Christ's sacrifice.<br>
<br>
Those passages about the sacrifices in the Millennial Temple have a lot of people debating, but I just see them as memorials to the sacrifice of Christ.<br>
<br>
Well, have fun and stay busy - Luke 19:13<br>
<br>
-The Orange Mailman <p></p><i></i>
orangemailman

Postby Child of God1 on Wed Feb 18, 2004 8:14 am

+++I know that Ezekiel and Zechariah speak of the sacrifice system in the Millennium.+++<br>
<br>
Shayla, can you give the specific scriptures? <p></p><i></i>
Child of God1

Postby Shayla2 on Wed Feb 18, 2004 2:03 pm

Hello Child of God 1. May the Lord bless you. Beginning in Ezekiel chapter 40-48, with his vision of the Future Temple , Ezekiel describes the entire future temple. the excluded priests, the priests , the altar, the festivals, etc. You must read all the chapters here , 40 thru 48. But in chapter 43, when he is talking about the Consecration of the Altar , he talks about burning sacrifices. All of these chapters are very descriptuve of what will go on in the Future Temple. Please read all these and let me know what your thoughts are. I am trying to learn and to understand and do value others thoughts.<br>
<br>
Zechariah, chapter 14 , also talks about all the nations going to Jerusalem to worship the the Lord Almighty as King and to celebrate the Festival of Shelters. I cannot find about the sacrifices, but I know that I have read it in Zechariah. The whole Book is very enlightening. Please read and let me know what your thoughts are.<br>
<br>
YSIC<br>
<br>
<p></p><i></i>
Shayla2

Postby BuckeyeNut2002 on Thu Feb 19, 2004 4:03 am

Hi Shayla:<br>
<br>
The specific verses in Ezekiel that I found were in 45:9-46:24. I believe the reinstitution of the sacrificial system was partially fulfilled by the rebuilding of the temple by Zerubbabel, but will be fulfilled by thanksgiving offerings being given in the millenial temple.<br>
<br>
I also found these verses:<br>
<br>
Jeremiah 33:16-18 "In those days Judah shall be saved and Jerusalem shall dwell safely. And this is the name by which it will be called, The Lord is Our Righteousness (our Rightness, our Justice). For thus says the LORD: David shall never fail [to have] a man [descendant] to sit on the throne of the house of Israel, nor shall the Levitical priests fail [to have] a man [descendant] to offer burnt offerings before Me and to burn cereal offerings and to make sacrifices continually (all day long)."<br>
<br>
Malachi 3:1-4 "Behold, I send My messenger, and he shall prepare the way before Me. And the Lord [the Messiah], Whom you seek will suddenly come to His temple; the Messenger or Angel of the covenant Whom you desire, behold, He shall come, says the Lord of hosts. But who can endure the day of His coming? And who can stand when He appears? For He is like a refiner's fire and like fullers' soap; He will sit as a refiner and purifier of silver, and He will purify the priests, the sons of Levi, and refine them like gold and silver, that they may offer to the Lord offerings in righteousness. Then will the offering of Judah and Jerusalem be pleasing to the Lord as in the days of old and as in ancient years."<br>
<br>
Hope this helps..<br>
<br>
God Bless you,<br>
<br>
Jeff <p></p><i></i>
BuckeyeNut2002

Sacrifice and Festival Observance in the Millenium

Postby nonymouse on Wed Feb 25, 2004 8:18 pm

This may be off the topic a bit, but is still related. It is interesting that in Zech. 14:16-19 the Feast of Tabernacles (FoT), which is the last of the seven annual Jewish feasts outlined in Lev. 23, is mentioned a total of three times and there is absolutely no mention made of any of the other six feasts. Said verses give the appearance that the FoT will be the only feast observed in the millenium, perhaps a concurrent "memorial" of Christ dwelling with man and reigning as King and Lord of hosts. There are also some serious consequences for those who do not attend the feast yearly (no rain). <br>
<br>
Or perhaps because the other six feasts have been completely fulfilled, they are not given the prominence and importance of the FoT in the then "current fulfillment" at the time of the Millenium, so attendance is not required at Passover and Pentecost. Have thought that as Christians we could learn a lot by celebrating the last three feasts in particular as they are still very prophetic in nature (Feast of Trumpets; Day of Atonement or Yom Kippur; and Feast of Tabernacles).<br>
<br>
However, have a believing friend in Israel who believes all seven feasts have an ongoing prophetic nature. For example, while some believe that the fall feasts have only to do with Jesus' second coming, others think he may have been born on the Feast of Trumpets in 3 B.C. Or stated another way, the spring feasts (Passover, Feast of Unleavened Bread, Feast of Firstfruits and Pentecost) will also have some kind of fulfillment in the second coming.<br>
<br>
In Christ,<br>
<p></p><i>Edited by: <A HREF=http://pub149.ezboard.com/bherbsdiscussionboard.showUserPublicProfile?gid=nonymouse@herbsdiscussionboard>nonymouse</A> at: 2/25/04 10:27 pm<br></i>
nonymouse

Return to Prophecy Questions/Answers