Mark of the Beast

Where anyone can ask or answer a question.

Mark of the Beast

Postby PBTD on Mon Feb 23, 2004 10:09 am

Hi I'm new here, very happy to have found this site. PBTD stands for -- Push Back The Darkness --<br>
<br>
I have a question about prophesy. Is there anything in the Word that says "once a man/woman receives the mark of the beast they are no longer able to convert to Christianity"?<br>
<br>
I am also wondering when the mark is supposed to take place during the tribulation?<br>
<br>
<p></p><i></i>
PBTD

different

Postby njfish17 on Mon Feb 23, 2004 11:02 am

You are going to get some different views on this issue so I will try to provide lots of scripture and you see if it's right or wrong.<br>
<br>
Revelation 14:9-10 And the third angel followed them, saying with a loud voice, If any man worship the beast and his image, and receive [his] mark in his forehead, or in his hand, The same shall drink of the wine of the wrath of God, which is poured out without mixture into the cup of his indignation; and he shall be tormented with fire and brimstone in the presence of the holy angels, and in the presence of the Lamb: <br>
<br>
<br>
Revelation 14:11 And the smoke of their torment ascendeth up for ever and ever: and they have no rest day nor night, who worship the beast and his image, and whosoever receiveth the mark of his name. <br>
<br>
Revelation 19:20 And the beast was taken, and with him the false prophet that wrought miracles before him, with which he deceived them that had received the mark of the beast, and them that worshipped his image. These both were cast alive into a lake of fire burning with brimstone.<br>
<br>
"I am also wondering <!--EZCODE ITALIC START--><em>when</em><!--EZCODE ITALIC END--> the mark is supposed to take place during the tribulation?"<br>
<br>
The first thing that needs to be answered is what and when is the tribulation!<br>
<br>
It is often assumed that the tribulation is 7 years; this is incorrect.<br>
We will see from Matthew 24 that the tribulation doesn't begin until the abomination of desolation.<br>
<br>
Matthew 24:21 For then shall be great tribulation, such as was not since the beginning of the world to this time, no, nor ever shall be. <br>
<br>
This "For then" is after the abomination of desolation.<br>
<br>
After the tribulation Jesus appears to pour out His judgement. So the tribulation plus the Judgement equals 3.5 years...So the mark is implemented at or just after the midpoint of the 7 years. Those who receive the mark will be saying "peace and safety" until Christ appears then they will be crying out because the day of His wrath has come. Jesus appears at the 6th seal to rescue us and pour out wrath. Notice the signs in the heavens are the same in Matthew 24 before the return of Christ and in Revelation 6.<br>
<br>
For those who are christians and do not receive the mark, the possibility of death is a real likelyhood;however,<br>
<br>
Revelation 15:2 And I saw as it were a sea of glass mingled with fire: and them that had gotten the victory over the beast, and over his image, and over his mark, [and] over the number of his name, stand on the sea of glass, having the harps of God. <br>
<br>
Revelation 20:4 And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgment was given unto them: and [I saw] the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the word of God, and which had not worshipped the beast, neither his image, neither had received [his] mark upon their foreheads, or in their hands; and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years. <br>
<br>
<br>
<br>
<br>
<br>
<br>
<br>
<br>
<p></p><i></i>
njfish17

Return to Prophecy Questions/Answers