The mark of the beast

Where anyone can ask or answer a question.

The mark of the beast

Postby Ready1 on Tue Jul 28, 2020 8:43 pm

Following are a list of scriptures which mention the mark of the beast. Add any observations that I have missed.

Rev 13:16 And he causeth all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and bond, to receive a mark in their right hand, or in their foreheads:
Rev 13:17 And that no man might buy or sell, save he that had the mark, or the name of the beast, or the number of his name.

Rev 14:6 And I saw another angel fly in the midst of heaven, having the everlasting gospel to preach unto them that dwell on the earth, and to every nation, and kindred, and tongue, and people,
Rev 14:7 Saying with a loud voice, Fear God, and give glory to him; for the hour of his judgment is come: and worship him that made heaven, and earth, and the sea, and the fountains of waters.
Rev 14:8 And there followed another angel, saying, Babylon is fallen, is fallen, that great city, because she made all nations drink of the wine of the wrath of her fornication.
Rev 14:9 And the third angel followed them, saying with a loud voice, If any man worship the beast and his image, and receive his mark in his forehead, or in his hand,
Rev 14:10 The same shall drink of the wine of the wrath of God, which is poured out without mixture into the cup of his indignation; and he shall be tormented with fire and brimstone in the presence of the holy angels, and in the presence of the Lamb:
Rev 14:11 And the smoke of their torment ascendeth up for ever and ever: and they have no rest day nor night, who worship the beast and his image, and whosoever receiveth the mark of his name.

Rev 15:2 And I saw as it were a sea of glass mingled with fire: and them that had gotten the victory over the beast, and over his image, and over his mark, and over the number of his name, stand on the sea of glass, having the harps of God.

Rev 16:2 And the first went, and poured out his vial upon the earth; and there fell a noisome and grievous sore upon the men which had the mark of the beast, and upon them which worshipped his image.

Rev 19:20 And the beast was taken, and with him the false prophet that wrought miracles before him, with which he deceived them that had received the mark of the beast, and them that worshipped his image. These both were cast alive into a lake of fire burning with brimstone.
Rev 19:21 And the remnant were slain with the sword of him that sat upon the horse, which sword proceeded out of his mouth: and all the fowls were filled with their flesh.

Rev 20:4 And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgment was given unto them: and I saw the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the word of God, and which had not worshipped the beast, neither his image, neither had received his mark upon their foreheads, or in their hands; and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years.

1. Where is the mark of the beast located: In the right hand or in the forehead. Rev 13:16, 14:9, 20:4

2. Is it possible to take the mark of the beast "accidentally"? No. The third angel of Rev 14 specifically warns the whole world against taking the mark of the beast, or worshiping him, or by worshiping his image. Furthermore he also shares with every living person upon the earth the consequences of so doing. Rev 14:9

3. What is the human penalty of not taking the mark, or the number, or worshiping the beast or his image? Humanity which refuses the mark cannot buy or sell. Many will be killed. Rev 13:17 Rev 20:4

4. What is the penalty from God for all those who worship the beast, or his image, or take the mark or the number?

a. The first bowl of the wrath of God is a plague which strikes only those who have received the mark or worshiped the beast or his image. They will be afflicted with horrible, malignant sores, and grievous boils.

b. When the beast is defeated by Jesus, all those who have received the mark or worshiped the beast or his image, will be killed by the sword which Jesus wields from his mouth. Their bodies will be eaten by the birds. Rev 19:21

c. Anyone who receives the mark, will also “drink the wine of the fury of God, which has been poured undiluted into the cup of his anger! They will be tortured with fire and sulfur in the presence of the holy angels and the Lamb. The smoke of their torment will rise forever and ever, and they will have no relief day or night, for they have worshiped the beast and his statue and have accepted the mark of his name." Rev 14:9-10

5. What is the reward for those who refuse to worship the beast or his image and been killed because they refuse to take the mark or the number?

a. They stand upon the sea of glass and fire with harps of God. Rev 15:2

b. They come to life at the first resurrection and live and reign with Jesus for one thousand years upon the earth. Rev 20:4
Just observing.

E.
Ready1

Re: The mark of the beast

Postby Jericho on Tue Jul 28, 2020 8:53 pm

1. The Mark is tied to the economy, people can't buy, sell, or trade without it (Rev 13:17).

2. The Mark is instituted by the False Prophet on behalf of the AC (Rev 13:11-18).

3. Once you take the Mark you are firmly in Satan's camp and there's no going back (Rev 14:9-11).
Last edited by Jericho on Wed Jul 29, 2020 3:33 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Formerly SwordOfGideon
Jericho

Postby Ready1 on Tue Jul 28, 2020 9:49 pm

I think I can agree. Can you give scripture refs?
Just observing.

E.
Ready1

Postby Jericho on Wed Jul 29, 2020 3:33 pm

Ready1 wrote:I think I can agree. Can you give scripture refs?

Done.
Formerly SwordOfGideon
Jericho

Postby Ready1 on Wed Jul 29, 2020 8:12 pm

Great! Any other observations?
Just observing.

E.
Ready1

Postby Seeker on Tue Aug 04, 2020 12:49 pm

Hi Ready1,

2Th 2:8  And then shall that Wicked be revealed, whom the Lord shall consume with the spirit of his mouth, and shall destroy with the brightness of his coming: 
2Th 2:9  Even him, whose coming is after the working of Satan with all power and signs and lying wonders, 
2Th 2:10  And with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish; because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved. 
2Th 2:11  And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie: 
2Th 2:12  That they all might be ****** who believed not the truth, but had pleasure in unrighteousness. 

Rev_19:20  And the beast was taken, and with him the false prophet that wrought miracles before him, with which he deceived them that had received the mark of the beast, and them that worshipped his image. These both were cast alive into a lake of fire burning with brimstone.

God sends a strong delusion which causes the lost to believe the lying signs and wonders the AC performs with the help of Satan. They would have had to take the MOB to be lost since unlikely just believing false signs and wonders would cause eternal damnation. They received "not" the love of the truth that they might be saved.

Peace,
Seeker
Let both grow together until the harvest: and in the time of harvest I will say to the reapers, Gather ye together first the tares, and bind them in bundles to burn them: but gather the wheat into my barn.

So shall it be at the end of the world: the angels shall come forth, and sever the wicked from among the just,
Seeker

Return to Prophecy Questions/Answers