The Kurds, who are they in history and today.

Where anyone can ask or answer a question.

The Kurds, who are they in history and today.

Postby Exit40 on Fri Oct 11, 2019 8:34 am

Who Are the Kurds and Why Should America Care?

The Kurdish people are under attack by the erratic President Erdogan of Turkey, the modern-day equivalent of Adolph Hitler.

For the sake of Kurdistan and the lives of the Kurds, I can not understand why President Trump is siding with President Erdogan.

Who are the Kurdish people?

They are the Medes in the Bible. They are the descendants of Madai, one of the sixteen grandsons of Noah (see Genesis 10:2).

The Medes settled in Amida, a city that carried their name (a-madai). Amida was renamed Diyarbakur by the conquering Muslim Arabs during the 7th century AD Muslim conquests of Persia. The Arabs began calling the ethnic Medes who lived in the Zagros Mountains by the Arabic name Kurds. The Arabs had found the land of the highly intelligent and industrial Medes dotted with cities surrounded by beautiful black asphalt walls and copper resources. Divarbakir is an Arabic name which means "land of bakr (Kurd) people." The ethnic Medes (Kurds) fell under Arab Muslim domination....

Continues

God Bless

David
Eph 2:8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God

T'was Grace that taught my heart to fear.
And Grace, my fears relieved.
How precious did that Grace appear
The hour I first believed.
Exit40
Supporting Member

Re: The Kurds, who are they in history and today.

Postby Exit40 on Sat Oct 12, 2019 7:12 am

Who are the Kurds and why are they under attack?
By Alaa Elassar, CNN Updated 4:57 PM ET, Thu October 10, 2019

(CNN)The part of Syria that's now under attack by Turkey has been controlled by the Syrian Kurdish Democratic Union Party (PYD) and the armed Kurdish People's Protection Units (YPG), a defense force mostly made up of Kurds.

Now neighboring Turkey has launched a military operation to move the Kurds away from its border and the frequently targeted ethnic group is once again under attack.

How did it come to this? Here's what you need to know:

Who are the Kurds?

The Kurdish people are an ethnic minority group without an official state. Before World War I, Kurds lived a nomadic lifestyle until the breakup of the Ottoman Empire, which stripped them of their freedom and divided them across several nation states.

Today, there are an estimated 25-30 million Kurds, the majority living in a region that stretches across parts of Turkey, Iraq, Iran, Syria and Armenia....

Continues

God Bless

David
Eph 2:8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God

Exit40
Supporting Member

Postby GodsStudent on Sat Oct 26, 2019 10:42 am

Hi David:

Question....as I started seeing all of this "Turkey" news, I told my husband it almost seems these things would have to take place in order for bible prophecy to move forward. Isn't this current day activity setting the stage for scriptures such as the alliance that will move to eradicate Israel (the one the Lord Himself is going to strike down)? I guess I am seeing the current events as making way for those to come into power which the Lord Himself says He is against (Gog).....do you agree, and if not, can you help correct my understanding, please?
God Bless you !!
GodsStudent
Supporting Member

Postby Exit40 on Sun Oct 27, 2019 7:07 am

Hi Lisa. One could say the Ezekiel 38-39 forces are assembling, but when they actually go against Israel is anyone's guess. Could take years, or longer. I believe Jerusalem has to become the focus of these Scriptures, and the whole world will be involved somehow. Scripture does state anyone who goes against Israel, and particularly Jerusalem, will be shattered.

God Bless You

David

Exit40
Supporting Member

Postby Jay Ross on Sun Oct 27, 2019 9:03 am

Lisa

I have held off on responding to your question above because of your previous response to my post where I had written about the End times' timeline.

Armageddon will occur some time around the beginning of the Millennium age while the Gog battles will occur at the end of the Millennium Age after the bottomless pit is unlocked. Also the Antichrist/worshipping of the beast will occur after the bottomless pit is unlocked releasing the beats and Satan etc..

I have found that when I get my timeline of events occurring in the right order, answers begin to fall into place.

It is my view that Satan is working very hard to disrupt the withdrawal of Britain from the European Union by stalling the agreement on the Brexit agreement by the British Parliament. He wants the lie of the Revived Roman Empire to continue so as to hid the reality of what is happening as the End Time events unfold.

We saw Satan's attempt to hid the three frog like foul spirits going out to the whole world to do signs and wonders by the introduction of a fourth plane being hijacked and flying to a fourth destination, but the people rose up against the hijackers and the plane subsequently crashed with all the lives on board lost.

It is my view that Satan is presently using the Turkish invasion of the border region of Syria with Russian support to bring confusion into our understanding of when the End time events will occur.

Shalom
Jay Ross

Postby GodsStudent on Mon Oct 28, 2019 8:14 am

Thanks for your answers, Exit 40 and Jay Ross!
GodsStudent
Supporting Member

Postby Jay Ross on Mon Oct 28, 2019 9:46 am

GodsStudent wrote:Thanks for your answers, Exit 40 and Jay Ross!

You are welcome Lisa :hugs2:
Jay Ross

Postby GodsStudent on Mon Oct 28, 2019 2:46 pm

Jay, fwiw, the longer time goes on, the more I learn and learn to question my understandings (this, in a good way, they call it being a good Berean!). I am still open to continued understanding and learning, and I say this, because I don't remember my answer to you that has you possibly concerned by a previous response of mine, but I am noting that you do, and if I stepped on your toes, please forgive me. I get more humble as each day passes.....(think that's likely a blessing for anyone this happens with).
GodsStudent
Supporting Member

Postby Mr Baldy on Mon Nov 11, 2019 8:18 am

GodsStudent wrote: I am still open to continued understanding and learning

Hi Lisa,

This is an excellent response! :hugs2:

If I may respectfully add a comment...……

As believers in Christ - we should be watching and waiting for the Lord's Return. We are commanded to do so. When viewing Bible Prophecy, hindsight is 100% accurate when the prophecy has manifested itself. I make this comment because we don't always know for certainty when things are occurring in our own time.

Most will take current events and relate them to Scripture - which is a good thing, if they can be accurately and objectively supported with Scripture. Meaning not with subjective imagination, sophistry and sensationalism.

All I would ask anyone who has an interest in Bible Prophecy to do is look as the FACTS as what appears to be a fulfillment occurring in our own time. Use this same factual information and compare with Scripture. Sometimes it can take years for the development of prophecy to come to fruition. It may be in several segments, increments, partial pieces or in whole - nevertheless, it will be supported by FACTS which have been prerecorded in Scripture.

Take Care - and God Bless!
Mr Baldy

Return to Prophecy Questions/Answers