Similar passages...

Where anyone can ask or answer a question.

Similar passages...

Postby Ready1 on Sun May 12, 2019 2:11 pm

I saw the passage in Zechariah this morning and it brought to mind the passage in Revelation. Does anyone have any thoughts as to whether these have any reference to the same time frame? Or the same thing? Or are they completely different?

Zec 6:1 Then I looked up again and saw four chariots coming from between two bronze mountains.
Zec 6:2 The first chariot was pulled by red horses, the second by black horses,
Zec 6:3 the third by white horses, and the fourth by powerful dappled-gray horses.
Zec 6:4 "And what are these, my lord?" I asked the angel who was talking with me.
Zec 6:5 The angel replied, "These are the four spirits of heaven who stand before the Lord of all the earth. They are going out to do His work.
Zec 6:6 The chariot with black horses is going north, the chariot with white horses is going west, and the chariot with dappled-gray horses is going south."
Zec 6:7 The powerful horses were eager to set out to patrol the earth. And the LORD said, "Go and patrol the earth!" So they left at once on their patrol.
Zec 6:8 Then the LORD summoned me and said, "Look, those who went north have vented the anger of My Spirit there in the land of the north."

Rev 6:2 I looked up and saw a white horse standing there. Its rider carried a bow, and a crown was placed on his head. He rode out to win many battles and gain the victory.
Rev 6:3 When the Lamb broke the second seal, I heard the second living being say, "Come!"
Rev 6:4 Then another horse appeared, a red one. Its rider was given a mighty sword and the authority to take peace from the earth. And there was war and slaughter everywhere.
Rev 6:5 When the Lamb broke the third seal, I heard the third living being say, "Come!" I looked up and saw a black horse, and its rider was holding a pair of scales in his hand.
Rev 6:6 And I heard a voice from among the four living beings say, "A loaf of wheat bread or three loaves of barley will cost a day's pay. And don't waste the olive oil and wine."
Rev 6:7 When the Lamb broke the fourth seal, I heard the fourth living being say, "Come!"
Rev 6:8 I looked up and saw a horse whose color was pale green. Its rider was named Death, and his companion was the Grave. These two were given authority over one-fourth of the earth, to kill with the sword and famine and disease and wild animals.

Just observing.

E.
Ready1

Re: Similar passages...

Postby shorttribber on Sun May 12, 2019 9:38 pm

Ready1 wrote:I saw the passage in Zechariah this morning and it brought to mind the passage in Revelation. Does anyone have any thoughts as to whether these have any reference to the same time frame? Or the same thing? Or are they completely different?

Zec 6:1 Then I looked up again and saw four chariots coming from between two bronze mountains.
Zec 6:2 The first chariot was pulled by red horses, the second by black horses,
Zec 6:3 the third by white horses, and the fourth by powerful dappled-gray horses.
Zec 6:4 "And what are these, my lord?" I asked the angel who was talking with me.
Zec 6:5 The angel replied, "These are the four spirits of heaven who stand before the Lord of all the earth. They are going out to do His work.
Zec 6:6 The chariot with black horses is going north, the chariot with white horses is going west, and the chariot with dappled-gray horses is going south."
Zec 6:7 The powerful horses were eager to set out to patrol the earth. And the LORD said, "Go and patrol the earth!" So they left at once on their patrol.
Zec 6:8 Then the LORD summoned me and said, "Look, those who went north have vented the anger of My Spirit there in the land of the north."

Rev 6:2 I looked up and saw a white horse standing there. Its rider carried a bow, and a crown was placed on his head. He rode out to win many battles and gain the victory.
Rev 6:3 When the Lamb broke the second seal, I heard the second living being say, "Come!"
Rev 6:4 Then another horse appeared, a red one. Its rider was given a mighty sword and the authority to take peace from the earth. And there was war and slaughter everywhere.
Rev 6:5 When the Lamb broke the third seal, I heard the third living being say, "Come!" I looked up and saw a black horse, and its rider was holding a pair of scales in his hand.
Rev 6:6 And I heard a voice from among the four living beings say, "A loaf of wheat bread or three loaves of barley will cost a day's pay. And don't waste the olive oil and wine."
Rev 6:7 When the Lamb broke the fourth seal, I heard the fourth living being say, "Come!"
Rev 6:8 I looked up and saw a horse whose color was pale green. Its rider was named Death, and his companion was the Grave. These two were given authority over one-fourth of the earth, to kill with the sword and famine and disease and wild animals.

Yes Ready, I did a comparison of these passages in the following thread long ago.... :grin:

viewtopic.php?f=13&t=68781&st=0&sk=t&sd=a&hilit=horses+chariots
The Wisest men have changed their Counsels and Resolves upon second thoughts, much more upon experience, and approaching evils not at first discovered. Rev. Herbert Croft, 1675

Where no counsel is, the people fall: but in the multitude of counsellors there is safety.

Find seven years of tribulation plainly stated in the Bible.
shorttribber

Postby Ready1 on Mon May 13, 2019 4:13 pm

Looks like I have my reading work cut out for me...
Just observing.

E.
Ready1

Postby shorttribber on Mon May 13, 2019 5:58 pm

Ready1 wrote:Looks like I have my reading work cut out for me...

:mrgreen:
The Wisest men have changed their Counsels and Resolves upon second thoughts, much more upon experience, and approaching evils not at first discovered. Rev. Herbert Croft, 1675

Where no counsel is, the people fall: but in the multitude of counsellors there is safety.

Find seven years of tribulation plainly stated in the Bible.
shorttribber

Return to Prophecy Questions/Answers