Similar passages...

Where anyone can ask or answer a question.

Similar passages...

Postby Ready1 on Sun May 12, 2019 2:11 pm

I saw the passage in Zechariah this morning and it brought to mind the passage in Revelation. Does anyone have any thoughts as to whether these have any reference to the same time frame? Or the same thing? Or are they completely different?

Zec 6:1 Then I looked up again and saw four chariots coming from between two bronze mountains.
Zec 6:2 The first chariot was pulled by red horses, the second by black horses,
Zec 6:3 the third by white horses, and the fourth by powerful dappled-gray horses.
Zec 6:4 "And what are these, my lord?" I asked the angel who was talking with me.
Zec 6:5 The angel replied, "These are the four spirits of heaven who stand before the Lord of all the earth. They are going out to do His work.
Zec 6:6 The chariot with black horses is going north, the chariot with white horses is going west, and the chariot with dappled-gray horses is going south."
Zec 6:7 The powerful horses were eager to set out to patrol the earth. And the LORD said, "Go and patrol the earth!" So they left at once on their patrol.
Zec 6:8 Then the LORD summoned me and said, "Look, those who went north have vented the anger of My Spirit there in the land of the north."

Rev 6:2 I looked up and saw a white horse standing there. Its rider carried a bow, and a crown was placed on his head. He rode out to win many battles and gain the victory.
Rev 6:3 When the Lamb broke the second seal, I heard the second living being say, "Come!"
Rev 6:4 Then another horse appeared, a red one. Its rider was given a mighty sword and the authority to take peace from the earth. And there was war and slaughter everywhere.
Rev 6:5 When the Lamb broke the third seal, I heard the third living being say, "Come!" I looked up and saw a black horse, and its rider was holding a pair of scales in his hand.
Rev 6:6 And I heard a voice from among the four living beings say, "A loaf of wheat bread or three loaves of barley will cost a day's pay. And don't waste the olive oil and wine."
Rev 6:7 When the Lamb broke the fourth seal, I heard the fourth living being say, "Come!"
Rev 6:8 I looked up and saw a horse whose color was pale green. Its rider was named Death, and his companion was the Grave. These two were given authority over one-fourth of the earth, to kill with the sword and famine and disease and wild animals.

Just observing.

E.
Ready1

Re: Similar passages...

Postby shorttribber on Sun May 12, 2019 9:38 pm

Ready1 wrote:I saw the passage in Zechariah this morning and it brought to mind the passage in Revelation. Does anyone have any thoughts as to whether these have any reference to the same time frame? Or the same thing? Or are they completely different?

Zec 6:1 Then I looked up again and saw four chariots coming from between two bronze mountains.
Zec 6:3 the third by white horses, and the fourth by powerful dappled-gray horses.
Zec 6:4 "And what are these, my lord?" I asked the angel who was talking with me.
Zec 6:5 The angel replied, "These are the four spirits of heaven who stand before the Lord of all the earth. They are going out to do His work.
Zec 6:6 The chariot with black horses is going north, the chariot with white horses is going west, and the chariot with dappled-gray horses is going south."
Zec 6:7 The powerful horses were eager to set out to patrol the earth. And the LORD said, "Go and patrol the earth!" So they left at once on their patrol.
Zec 6:8 Then the LORD summoned me and said, "Look, those who went north have vented the anger of My Spirit there in the land of the north."

Rev 6:2 I looked up and saw a white horse standing there. Its rider carried a bow, and a crown was placed on his head. He rode out to win many battles and gain the victory.
Rev 6:3 When the Lamb broke the second seal, I heard the second living being say, "Come!"
Rev 6:4 Then another horse appeared, a red one. Its rider was given a mighty sword and the authority to take peace from the earth. And there was war and slaughter everywhere.
Rev 6:5 When the Lamb broke the third seal, I heard the third living being say, "Come!" I looked up and saw a black horse, and its rider was holding a pair of scales in his hand.
Rev 6:6 And I heard a voice from among the four living beings say, "A loaf of wheat bread or three loaves of barley will cost a day's pay. And don't waste the olive oil and wine."
Rev 6:7 When the Lamb broke the fourth seal, I heard the fourth living being say, "Come!"
Rev 6:8 I looked up and saw a horse whose color was pale green. Its rider was named Death, and his companion was the Grave. These two were given authority over one-fourth of the earth, to kill with the sword and famine and disease and wild animals.

Yes Ready, I did a comparison of these passages in the following thread long ago.... :grin:

viewtopic.php?f=13&t=68781&st=0&sk=t&sd=a&hilit=horses+chariots
The Wisest men have changed their Counsels and Resolves upon second thoughts, much more upon experience, and approaching evils not at first discovered. Rev. Herbert Croft, 1675

Where no counsel is, the people fall: but in the multitude of counsellors there is safety.

Find seven years of tribulation plainly stated in the Bible.
shorttribber

Postby Ready1 on Mon May 13, 2019 4:13 pm

Looks like I have my reading work cut out for me...
Just observing.

E.
Ready1

Postby shorttribber on Mon May 13, 2019 5:58 pm

Ready1 wrote:Looks like I have my reading work cut out for me...

:mrgreen:
The Wisest men have changed their Counsels and Resolves upon second thoughts, much more upon experience, and approaching evils not at first discovered. Rev. Herbert Croft, 1675

Where no counsel is, the people fall: but in the multitude of counsellors there is safety.

shorttribber

Postby shorttribber on Thu May 23, 2019 6:50 pm

:snack: :clock: :ummm: :snack:

shorttribber

Postby shorttribber on Sun May 26, 2019 7:37 am

:snack:

shorttribber

Postby Ready1 on Sun May 26, 2019 8:43 am

Don't hold your breath... :grin:
Just observing.

E.
Ready1

Postby shorttribber on Sun May 26, 2019 10:29 am

Ready1 wrote:Don't hold your breath... :grin:

:lol: that would be an interesting emoticon though.

Just wondering though about what you have been able to read or digest on any parts of it.

I don't have much time for the forum for quite some time, so that's why I just posted the link.

blessings

shorttribber

Postby Resurrection Torchlight on Wed May 29, 2019 4:44 pm

Ready1 wrote:I saw the passage in Zechariah this morning and it brought to mind the passage in Revelation. Does anyone have any thoughts as to whether these have any reference to the same time frame? Or the same thing? Or are they completely different?

I also posted a study which includes these horses and chariots, I know I am not alone in recognizing the similarities.

viewtopic.php?f=15&t=73309

See post dated July 17,2017

RT
Resurrection Torchlight

Postby shorttribber on Wed May 29, 2019 7:04 pm

Hi Ready,
Have you ever made a comparison of the reading that you have provided from the NLT Version of Zech 6:5?

If you haven't I would ask that you do so please, using the following link of Bible versions.
https://www.biblestudytools.com/zechari ... mpare.html

There is no justification for the added words...."They are going out to do His work. ".

These words are not found at all in the Hebrew text...it is a complete addition by the "interpreters", and for reasons just like this example, I refrain from calling them "translators".

Just say'n.

shorttribber

Postby Jay Ross on Wed May 29, 2019 11:43 pm

Hello

The book of the prophet, Zechariah, is an interesting prophetic book, which flits from one time period to another backwards and forwards such that it can be difficult to understand.

In chapter 1 it makes a reference to the four horns that rise up on the head of the goat, i.e. the divided empire/kingdom of Alexandra the great after his dearth, which in my view is also associated with the third "beast"/fallen wicked heavenly host, i.e. fallen angels, where one of the horns comes under the direct influence of the "little horn" beast of Daniel 7 and 8, and is given control of the Roman empire which was formed out of the division of Alexandra the Great's empire. The dominion of all four divisions of the divided Empire of Alexandra the Great was the exercising of power over other kingdoms and empires. The Little Horn used the Roman Empire leaders to go up against the Prince of Hosts but when that failed, the four Greek Empires was used to scatter the Judeans and the people of Jerusalem in 70 AD as well as the scattered Northern Kingdom of Israel, to the four corners of the earth. Then God introduces the four craftsmen who will go after the four horns, to unsettle them and to cast them out of the nations which will occur around 2,000 years after the Israelites were scattered to the four compass points of the earth.

Then God will search for the scattered Israelites and plant them in the soil where they are living in the earth.

The book goes on to tell that the redeemed Israelites will be blessed by God and the people around them will be drawn to them asking them how they can also walk with the Lord of Hosts and pray to Him face to Face.

It is interesting that the Book of Zechariah spans a time frame of around 3,500 years, but to condense the prophecies foretold takes mare space than a post can deliver.

In Genesis 12:1 God said that He would show Abraham the earth that He would lead him towards, a righteous filled earth which would be his and his descendants inheritance in the distant future as the sons of God.

I have only finished reading Zechariah today and now need to go back to verify the context of the whole book and how it all fits together within God's timeframe of the recorded unfolding Prophesied evnts that are still to come.

Shalom.
Jay Ross

Return to Prophecy Questions/Answers