Turkey : Part Four

(heavily moderated)

Re: Turkey : Part Four

Postby Exit40 on Sat Oct 07, 2017 8:23 am

Erdogan will get fooled again
Pinar Tremblay October 4, 2017
ARTICLE SUMMARY: When things don't go Erdogan's way, he has used the same argument that he was "deceived," but does anyone still believe him?

On Sept. 26, a day after the Kurdish referendum, Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan gave a harsh speech criticizing Massoud Barzani, the leader of the Kurdistan Regional Government (KRG). Erdogan questioned what Barzani possibly could be expecting of this referendum given the fact that he cannot pay his own bureaucrats’ salaries and had to borrow $1.5 million from Turkey. Erdogan was disappointed that Barzani did not even bother to consult with him about this referendum. Erdogan said, “Up until the last minute, we did not expect Barzani to make such a decision [to hold the referendum], but we were wrong. In a time when our relations were at its best, we consider this decision [to be] treachery against our country.” Erdogan also emphasized his doubts about the voter turnout and legitimacy of the results of the referendum, while repeatedly highlighting Israeli meddling for an independent Kurdistan. Erdogan warned attempts at Kurdish independence would harm both Turkish-Israeli and Turkish-KRG relations. Still, he did not utter a word about other Arab countries’ support toward the KRG....

Snips... “Erdogan has been playing victim since the start of his political life. He has cultivated the image of a warm-hearted and trusting person who gets victimized by cunning politicians because of his naivete. His base has bought into this image. Hence, when he says that Gulen, Obama or Barzani tricked him, it resonates with his base....

... One Iraqi businessman who asked to remain anonymous and is heavily invested in Kurdistan told Al-Monitor, “Erdogan now hopes to ally with Baghdad and Tehran, but he has not kept his promises to either one of them....

Continues

**** Rather harsh analysis. ****

God Bless

David
Eph 2:8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God

T'was Grace that taught my heart to fear.
And Grace, my fears relieved.
How precious did that Grace appear
The hour I first believed.
Exit40
Supporting Member

Postby Exit40 on Mon Oct 09, 2017 7:31 am

Turkish Markets Tumble After Erdogan’s Feud With U.S. Escalates
By Tugce Ozsoy and Selcan Hacaoglu October 8, 2017, 12:16 PM PDT October 9, 2017, 4:20 AM PDT

Turkish Lira Plunges to a Record Low
Markets in Istanbul tumbled after the U.S. and Turkey stopped issuing visas for each other’s citizens in a spat related to last year’s failed coup against President Recep Tayyip Erdogan, deepening divisions between two NATO members already at odds over the war in Syria.

The Trump administration halted visa services for Turks on Sunday, citing the Oct. 4 arrest of a Turkish citizen employed at the U.S. consulate in Istanbul for alleged involvement in the July 2016 putsch attempt. Erdogan’s government responded in kind within hours, repeating verbatim much of the U.S. statement.

Relations between the two countries have soured since the coup attempt, which Erdogan blames on a self-exiled cleric based in the U.S., Fethullah Gulen. The U.S. has refused Turkey’s request to extradite Gulen, citing lack of evidence. Justice Minister Abdulhamit Gul on Monday reiterated Turkish calls to hand him over and urged the Trump administration to reconsider its visa ban, denying media reports that Turkey plans to arrest another U.S. consular employee....

Continues

God Bless

David
Eph 2:8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God

Exit40
Supporting Member

Postby Exit40 on Wed Oct 11, 2017 8:08 am

US: Turkey visa decision a 'coordinated effort'
'Our ambassadors tend to not do things unilaterally,' State Department spokesperson says
08:56 October 11, 2017 Anadolu Agency

The U.S. Embassy in Turkey has taken the decision to suspend visa services in coordination with the White House and State Department, a spokesperson for the department said Tuesday.

"Our ambassadors tend to not do things unilaterally," Heather Nauert told reporters.

"This was coordinated with the State Department. It was coordinated with the White House and coordinated with the NSC (National Security Council).”

On Sunday, The U.S. announced the suspension of all non-immigrant visa services at U.S. missions in Turkey. The Turkish Embassy in Washington took a similar decision in retaliation....

Continues

God Bless

David

Exit40
Supporting Member

Postby Exit40 on Fri Oct 13, 2017 6:23 am

Turkey Poised to Roll Into Syria
Oct 7, 2017 | 15:06 GMT

Weeks after Turkish forces started to deploy in large numbers along the border with Syria, adjacent to the province of Idlib, Ankara appears to be on the verge of launching yet another significant military operation into the war-torn country. Unlike Operation Euphrates Shield, which targeted lands occupied by the Islamic State, the upcoming operation into Idlib will be directed toward lands occupied by Syrian rebels. As befitting a convoluted conflict such as Syria, Turkey's advance into Idlib will be assisted by other Syrian rebel groups trained over time by Turkey in neighboring Aleppo province. And according to Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan's latest statements, they will be supported by Russian aviation.

Given that Turkey has for years directly supported rebel factions in Idlib in their fight against Russian- and Iranian-backed loyalist forces, the prospect of Turkish forces advancing into Syria under Russian air cover appears jarring at face value....

Continues

God Bless

David

Exit40
Supporting Member

Previous

Return to Prophecy Debate Area