Turkey : Part Four

(heavily moderated)

Re: Turkey : Part Four

Postby Exit40 on Tue Oct 22, 2019 7:02 am

Why Hamas Supports Erdogan's War
by Khaled Abu Toameh October 22, 2019 at 5:00 am

If, according to Hamas, Turkey has the right to protect its border, why does Israel not have the same right?

Hamas's support for Erdogan's war on the Kurds seems to be in the context of its attempt to persuade the Turkish authorities to allow its members to continue using Turkey as a base for masterminding terrorist attacks against Israel.

As Hamas said in its statement, it is opposed to the "US and Israeli presence in the region." Hamas seems to be happy that the US abandoned the Kurds and left northern Syria. Hamas does not want the US to play any political or military role in the region....

It now remains to be seen how Erdogan will reward Hamas for supporting his war on the Kurds. Hamas, meanwhile, is holding its breath, hoping that Turkey will embrace the group and facilitate its fight against Israel....

Continues

God Bless

David
Eph 2:8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God

T'was Grace that taught my heart to fear.
And Grace, my fears relieved.
How precious did that Grace appear
The hour I first believed.
Exit40
Supporting Member

Postby Exit40 on Tue Oct 22, 2019 7:06 am

Turkey's New 'Bashibazouks': The Free Syrian Army
by Burak Bekdil October 22, 2019 at 4:30 am

"In the outskirts of Aleppo, the FSA [Free Syrian Army] has implemented a Sharia law enforcement police force that is a replica of the Wahhabi police in Saudi Arabia — forcing ordinary citizens to abide by the Sharia code..." — HuffPost, December 31, 2012.

Trained and funded by Turkey since 2016 and with a reputation for violence and looting, the fighters of the Syrian National Army (SNA, formerly the Free Syrian Army) resemble very much the Ottoman bashibazouks.

"Elizabeth Tsurkov, a fellow at the U.S.-based Foreign Policy Research Institute who has interviewed dozens of the fighters and said they appear to be driven by a desire for power and money rather than by any specific ideology... 'Hatred of Kurds, a sense of Arab chauvinism, complete intolerance for any dissent, and just a desire to make a profit is what's driving most of the abuses.'" — Associated Press, October 15, 2019.

During Turkey's most recent, ongoing, military incursion into Syria, launched on October 9, SNA militias captured a major highway that runs across northern Syria. According to Associated Press, "The Syrian Observatory for Human Rights, a Britain-based war monitor, said the Turkey-backed fighters shot and killed six civilians along the road, including Hevreen Khalaf, a woman who led a Kurdish political party."...

Continues

God Bless

David
Eph 2:8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God

Exit40
Supporting Member

Postby Exit40 on Tue Oct 22, 2019 7:29 am

No longer the obedient NATO ally, Erdogan floats nuclear option
Analysis by Tim Lister, CNN Updated 7:47 PM ET, Mon October 21, 2019

(CNN)It's no secret that Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan sees his country as the pre-eminent Muslim power in the Middle East. He regards his vision of political Islam as competing with that of Saudi Arabia and the United Arab Emirates. He frequently accuses the United States of trying to belittle his country, and ruminates about a "greater Turkey."

But does Erdogan believe that Turkey has the right or need to acquire nuclear weapons to cement its status?

Last month the Turkish leader suggested as much, saying that "some countries have missiles with nuclear warheads, not one or two. But we can't have them. This, I cannot accept." He went on to single out Israel, saying: "We have Israel nearby, almost as neighbors. They scare others by possessing these. No one can touch them."...

Snip... Erdogan is, first and last, a Turkish nationalist; no sleight -- perceived or otherwise -- will go unanswered....

Continues

God Bless

David

Exit40
Supporting Member

Postby Exit40 on Thu Oct 24, 2019 7:06 am

Russia, Turkey and Syrian government on the same page - but for how long?
Jonathan Marcus Diplomatic correspondent
23 October 2019

Russian President Vladimir Putin meets his Turkish opposite number to underscore Moscow's role as the would-be guarantor of stability in the region. Russia and Turkey will soon be mounting joint patrols to help delineate the boundary of the new, so-called security zone. Meanwhile, withdrawing US special forces vehicles are pelted with vegetables and rubbish as they leave their erstwhile Kurdish allies to their fate.

The Turkish incursion into Syria and the US retreat have huge implications for both Syria itself and the region at large. Some of the impact is immediate and some potentially long-term.

This is, in the first instance, a victory for the Turks, for Russia and for the Syrian government. Turkey has on the face of things got a large part of what it wanted. It keeps its troops and allied militias in those areas of Syria that it already controls. Russia and Syria appear to have agreed to ensure the departure of Kurdish forces from a broad swathe of territory running across almost the whole frontier zone....

Continues

God Bless

David

Exit40
Supporting Member

Postby Seeker on Fri Oct 25, 2019 2:25 am

Was digging around the news and found it interesting and telling looking at the photo op pic of Mr. Erdogan and US VP Mr. Pence. They both almost looked disgusted at having to shake hands for the picture while Mr. Erdogan and Mr. Putin depicted broad smiles for their photo op. Also seeing the Russians pour in as the US was leaving pretty well tells the story.
Definitely a shift in US/Turkey relations.

Peace,
Seeker
Let both grow together until the harvest: and in the time of harvest I will say to the reapers, Gather ye together first the tares, and bind them in bundles to burn them: but gather the wheat into my barn.

So shall it be at the end of the world: the angels shall come forth, and sever the wicked from among the just,
Seeker

Postby Exit40 on Fri Oct 25, 2019 8:45 am

Seeker wrote:Definitely a shift in US/Turkey relations.

Peace,
Seeker

A shift in US Mideast relations. Saudi Arabia seems to be our focus, other than Israel. Let's see how long it takes for Jerusalem to be the center of the worlds focus.

God Bless You

David

Exit40
Supporting Member

Postby Exit40 on Fri Oct 25, 2019 9:02 am

Erdogan calls on US to hand over Kurdish commander Mazloum Abdi
Call for commander's extradition comes as Kurds hold talks with US and Russia to stave off Turkey's advance in Syria.
2 hours ago

Turkey's President Recep Tayyip Erdogan demanded the United States hand over the commander of Kurdish-led forces in Syria, in a sharp rebuke of Washington's call for negotiations with the Syrian Kurds.

The call for Mazloum Abdi's extradition on Thursday came after US President Donald Trump, in a letter to Erdogan on October 9, said the Kurdish commander was "willing to negotiate" with the Turkish president and "make concessions that they would have never made in the past"....

**** Continue reading the page for more articles. D. ****

Continues

God Bless

David

Exit40
Supporting Member

Postby Seeker on Sat Oct 26, 2019 2:33 pm

Hi David,

Saudi Arabia seems to be our focus, other than Israel.

This is what I find interesting.

Eze 38:10  Thus saith the Lord GOD; It shall also come to pass, that at the same time shall things come into thy mind, and thou shalt think an evil thought: 
Eze 38:11  And thou shalt say, I will go up to the land of unwalled villages; I will go to them that are at rest, that dwell safely, all of them dwelling without walls, and having neither bars nor gates, 
Eze 38:12  To take a spoil, and to take a prey; to turn thine hand upon the desolate places that are now inhabited, and upon the people that are gathered out of the nations, which have gotten cattle and goods, that dwell in the midst of the land. 
Eze 38:13  Sheba, and Dedan, and the merchants of Tarshish, with all the young lions thereof, shall say unto thee, Art thou come to take a spoil? hast thou gathered thy company to take a prey? to carry away silver and gold, to take away cattle and goods, to take a great spoil? 
Eze 38:14  Therefore, son of man, prophesy and say unto Gog, Thus saith the Lord GOD; In that day when my people of Israel dwelleth safely, shalt thou not know it? 
Eze 38:15  And thou shalt come from thy place out of the north parts, thou, and many people with thee, all of them riding upon horses, a great company, and a mighty army: 
Eze 38:16  And thou shalt come up against my people of Israel, as a cloud to cover the land; it shall be in the latter days, and I will bring thee against my land, that the heathen may know me, when I shall be sanctified in thee, O Gog, before their eyes. 

Dedan was located in modern Saudi Arabia. They seem to protest the invasion by the AC from the north. Perhaps they want the spoils themselves or perhaps they have sided with Israel. The AC goes on a rampage of the middle east prior to the last battle fought in Israel. Saudi Arabia is aligned with the West who is aligned with Israel. The AC eventually prevails and conquers Israel for a time. I see a lot of pre-Israel wars in the middle east prior to the final invasion of Israel. The bible shows Dedan opposed to the AC which looks good for the West being on the correct side of this epic battle in Israel. That or the West has been taken out of the picture allowing the AC to accomplish his desires in Israel.

Peace,
Seeker
Let both grow together until the harvest: and in the time of harvest I will say to the reapers, Gather ye together first the tares, and bind them in bundles to burn them: but gather the wheat into my barn.

So shall it be at the end of the world: the angels shall come forth, and sever the wicked from among the just,
Seeker

Postby Exit40 on Sun Oct 27, 2019 7:12 am

Seeker wrote:Hi David,

Saudi Arabia seems to be our focus, other than Israel.

This is what I find interesting.

Eze 38:10  Thus saith the Lord GOD; It shall also come to pass, that at the same time shall things come into thy mind, and thou shalt think an evil thought: 
Eze 38:11  And thou shalt say, I will go up to the land of unwalled villages; I will go to them that are at rest, that dwell safely, all of them dwelling without walls, and having neither bars nor gates, 
Eze 38:12  To take a spoil, and to take a prey; to turn thine hand upon the desolate places that are now inhabited, and upon the people that are gathered out of the nations, which have gotten cattle and goods, that dwell in the midst of the land. 
Eze 38:13  Sheba, and Dedan, and the merchants of Tarshish, with all the young lions thereof, shall say unto thee, Art thou come to take a spoil? hast thou gathered thy company to take a prey? to carry away silver and gold, to take away cattle and goods, to take a great spoil? 
Eze 38:14  Therefore, son of man, prophesy and say unto Gog, Thus saith the Lord GOD; In that day when my people of Israel dwelleth safely, shalt thou not know it? 
Eze 38:15  And thou shalt come from thy place out of the north parts, thou, and many people with thee, all of them riding upon horses, a great company, and a mighty army: 
Eze 38:16  And thou shalt come up against my people of Israel, as a cloud to cover the land; it shall be in the latter days, and I will bring thee against my land, that the heathen may know me, when I shall be sanctified in thee, O Gog, before their eyes. 

Dedan was located in modern Saudi Arabia. They seem to protest the invasion by the AC from the north. Perhaps they want the spoils themselves or perhaps they have sided with Israel. The AC goes on a rampage of the middle east prior to the last battle fought in Israel. Saudi Arabia is aligned with the West who is aligned with Israel. The AC eventually prevails and conquers Israel for a time. I see a lot of pre-Israel wars in the middle east prior to the final invasion of Israel. The bible shows Dedan opposed to the AC which looks good for the West being on the correct side of this epic battle in Israel. That or the West has been taken out of the picture allowing the AC to accomplish his desires in Israel.

Peace,
Seeker

I agree, many conflicts, one of which we just got out of in Syria, mostly.

God Bless You

David

Exit40
Supporting Member

Postby Seeker on Sun Oct 27, 2019 12:40 pm

The Moment to End Turkey’s Other War, in Cyprus, Is Fading Fast
October 24, 2019 by Stéphanie Fillion

....."While hopes had been raised that new talks on unfreezing the conflict would find momentum after the United Nations General Assembly opened its annual session in September, Turkey’s invasion in northeast Syria this month and difficulties finding common ground in Cyprus are shuffling the cards.

With much of the world’s attention suddenly diverted on Syria in the latest fighting there, optimism is fading fast that the two sides in the Cyprus conflict will meet with United Nations Secretary-General António Guterres to resume talks, as planned. (The UN has one of its longest-lasting peacekeeping missions in Cyprus.)"......

https://www.passblue.com/2019/10/24/the ... ding-fast/

I have been sort of reviewing the peripheral nations around the AC exploits. Reminded me again of Dan 11.

Dan 11:30  For the ships of Chittim shall come against him: therefore he shall be grieved, and return, and have indignation against the holy covenant: so shall he do; he shall even return, and have intelligence with them that forsake the holy covenant. 
Dan 11:31  And arms shall stand on his part, and they shall pollute the sanctuary of strength, and shall take away the daily sacrifice, and they shall place the abomination that maketh desolate. 

The ships of Chittim could quite possibly be Cyprus related. Seems tensions on many fronts are rising between Cyprus and Turkey currently. The ongoing rift on the island of Cyprus itself seems to be re-surging somewhat. Also a dispute over oil drilling in the area. That could lead to some serious disagreements for sure.

Peace,
Seeker

Seeker

Postby Exit40 on Mon Oct 28, 2019 6:23 am

SDF begins withdrawal from Syria-Turkey border
Kurdish-led SDF begins withdrawal from region in accordance with deal brokered by Russia and Turkey. 18 hours ago

The Syrian Democratic Forces (SDF) has said it has agreed to re-deploy away from the Syria-Turkey border, in accordance with an agreement reached between Russia and Turkey on Tuesday.

"The SDF is redeploying to new positions away from the Turkish-Syrian border across northeast Syria in accordance with the terms of the agreement in order to stop the bloodshed and to protect the inhabitants of the region from Turkish attacks," the SDF said in a statement on Sunday.

The Kurdish-led SDF said Syrian government forces will deploy along the border. It called on Russia to help ensure a "constructive dialogue" between the Syrian government and the Kurdish-led administration in northeast Syria....

Continues

God Bless

David

Exit40
Supporting Member

Postby Exit40 on Mon Oct 28, 2019 7:07 am

Seeker wrote:
Dan 11:30  For the ships of Chittim shall come against him: therefore he shall be grieved, and return, and have indignation against the holy covenant: so shall he do; he shall even return, and have intelligence with them that forsake the holy covenant. 
Dan 11:31  And arms shall stand on his part, and they shall pollute the sanctuary of strength, and shall take away the daily sacrifice, and they shall place the abomination that maketh desolate. 

The ships of Chittim could quite possibly be Cyprus related. Seems tensions on many fronts are rising between Cyprus and Turkey currently. The ongoing rift on the island of Cyprus itself seems to be re-surging somewhat. Also a dispute over oil drilling in the area. That could lead to some serious disagreements for sure.

Peace,
Seeker

Hi Seeker. No doubt it is Cyprus related, revolving around the huge oil and natural gas reserves found off shore there. I don't recall if a treaty was ever struck between Israel, Greece, and Cyprus, to establish a natural gas pipeline and offshore transport depot to ship that to the EU nations. I know it was in the works, possibly, to get around Turkish involvement with the project if it were to actually be on the island itself. This huge source of income could be one of those 'have you come to take a spoil' issues mentioned in Ezekiel 38:12-13. In verse 13, "Sheba, and Dedan, and the merchants of Tarshish, with all the young lions thereof", are Saudi Arabia, and likely some of the Gulf nations close to them, would be upset by this as they appear to be aligning with Israel to some extent, with behind the scenes US backing. Quite possibly there are those in Israel who forsake the nation in their self interest to make a lot of money by siding with Turkey on this issue, betraying Israel in the process of course. I don't think this portion of the Prophecy relates to open warfare at this point, rather it is a factor that gets dealt with after a time and is part of the later invasion of Israel. This of course if we are presently in the near approach of the end times conflicts.

God Bless You

David

Exit40
Supporting Member

Postby Exit40 on Thu Oct 31, 2019 7:22 am

Fierce clashes erupt between Syrian army, Turkish-led forces
Syrian troops battle Turkish-backed fighters near the border town of Ras al-Ain, threatening Russia-backed ceasefire.
3 hours ago

Heavy fighting between Syrian army troops and Turkish forces erupted near Ras al-Ain as Turkish-backed forces seized villages surrounding the border town.

Turkish-backed rebels said there were intermittent clashes between the two militaries in recent days south of the town, which Turkey seized from Syrian Kurdish-led forces earlier this month.

Al Jazeera's Hashem Ahelbarra, reporting from the border town of Sanliurfa, said thousands of people were fleeing the fighting near Ras al-Ain and Tal Tamr towns.

Turkish-backed Syrian opposition fighters - known as the Syrian National Army (SNA) - launched an offensive and took over areas previously under control of Kurdish fighters south of Ras al-Ain, he said....

Continues

God Bless

David

Exit40
Supporting Member

Postby Exit40 on Sat Nov 02, 2019 7:11 am

The “Most Colossal Crime of All Ages”
A new U.S. resolution acknowledging the Armenian Genocide has Turkey outraged.
Thu Oct 31, 2019 Raymond Ibrahim

An ugly truth of history has just been acknowledged. On October 29, the US House of Representatives voted overwhelmingly (405 to 11) in favor of Resolution 296, which acknowledges the Armenian genocide perpetrated by Ottoman Turks during WW1. (Unsurprisingly, Ilhan Omar was among the very few to abstain; her disingenuous logic will be addressed later.)

In order to become official policy, however, the resolution needs to be approved by both houses of Congress, and then signed by the president. The Senate is currently not scheduled to vote on the measure.

It is at any rate a step in the right direction. According to the book Remembrance and Denial: The Case of the Armenian Genocide,

At the beginning of 1915 there were some two million Armenians within Turkey; today there are fewer than 60,000…. Despite the vast amount of evidence that points to the historical reality of the Armenian Genocide, eyewitness accounts, official archives, photographic evidence, the reports of diplomats, and the testimony of survivors, denial of the Armenian Genocide by successive regimes in Turkey has gone on from 1915 to the present.

Indeed, Turkey is currently outraged at this resolution; its president, Recep Tayyip Erdoğan, called it “worthless” and the “biggest insult” to the Turkish people....

Continues

God Bless

David

Exit40
Supporting Member

Postby Exit40 on Sun Nov 03, 2019 5:59 am

Turkey: Arming Genocide of Christians in Nigeria?
by Raymond Ibrahim
November 3, 2019 at 5:00 am

The gist of their brief conversation in Turkish, according to the Arabic transcript, is that weapons were being transferred from Turkey to Nigeria — and that there was a concern that the weapons might kill not just Christians but Muslims.

According to [Egyptian TenTV host Nasha't] al-Deyhi, this is proof positive that Turkey is the one supplying Boko Haram with its weapons — including sophisticated weapons — the source of which has long puzzled observers.

It appears that Erdogan's sponsorship of terrorism may not be limited to neighboring Middle Eastern nations; it may have reached deep into Africa. A serious investigation with possible sanctions is in order....

Continues

God Bless

David

Exit40
Supporting Member

Postby Exit40 on Sun Nov 03, 2019 6:16 am

Did Turkey Know Where Baghdadi Was Hiding?
Some U.S. intelligence analysts have their suspicions.
By Eli Lake October 31, 2019, 9:00 PM PDT

As U.S. intelligence analysts comb through electronic and paper documents seized last weekend from the lair of Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi, one question is foremost on their minds: How was the Islamic State leader able to find refuge in a Syrian province secured by the Turkish military and its proxy forces?

Three U.S. national security officials told me that they want to know more about Turkey’s knowledge of Baghdadi’s whereabouts. One important task for the team now going through the material seized in the Baghdadi raid and another raid that killed organization’s spokesman, Abul Hassan al-Muhajir, is to map out the relationship between Turkey’s intelligence service and Islamic State.

Both men were hiding close to the Turkish border in Syrian territory. Muhajir was found in Jarabulus, a town in the Aleppo province patrolled by Turkish forces. Baghdadi was found in Idlib province, where there are numerous Turkish military checkpoints....

Snip... As one U.S. official who works closely on Syria policy told me: “Turkey has done everything in its power to support the worst actors in the Syrian civil war.”...

Continues

God Bless

David

Exit40
Supporting Member

Postby Exit40 on Thu Nov 07, 2019 7:23 am

NOVEMBER 7, 2019 / 12:48 AM / UPDATED 4 HOURS AGO
Erdogan says U.S. not fulfilling Syria deal ahead of Trump talks
Daren Butler

ISTANBUL (Reuters) - Turkish President Tayyip Erdogan said on Thursday the United States was not fulfilling its pledge to remove a Kurdish militia from a Syrian border region and he will raise the issue when he meets President Donald Trump next week.

Turkish President Tayyip Erdogan addresses members of parliament from his ruling AK Party (AKP) during a meeting at the Turkish parliament in Ankara, Turkey, November 5, 2019. Murat Cetinmuhurdar/Presidential Press Office/Handout via REUTERS
A month ago, Turkey launched a cross-border offensive with Syrian rebels against Kurdish YPG fighters. After seizing control of a 120-km (75-mile) swathe of territory, it reached a deal with the United States to keep them out of that area.

Erdogan is set to discuss implementation of the agreement with Trump in Washington on Nov. 13, after confirming that the visit would go ahead following a phone call between the leaders overnight.

“While we hold these talks, those who promised us that the YPG...would withdraw from here within 120 hours have not achieved this,” he told a news conference, referring to a deadline set in last month’s agreement....

Continues

God Bless

David

Exit40
Supporting Member

Postby Exit40 on Sat Nov 09, 2019 5:45 am

Turkey: Erdogan's Campaign against the West
by Giulio Meotti November 9, 2019 at 5:00 am

"Europe is a cultural continent, not a geographical one... It is its culture that gives it a common identity. The roots that have formed it, that have permitted the formation of this continent, are those of Christianity. [...] In this sense, throughout history Turkey has always represented another continent, in permanent contrast with Europe. There were the wars against the Byzantine empire, the fall of Constantinople, the Balkan wars, and the threat against Vienna and Austria. That is why I think it would be an error to equate the two continents." — Pope Benedict XVI, Le Figaro Magazine, 2007.

In Germany, Turkey controls 900 mosques out of a total of 2,400. These Islamic centers not only serve members of the Turkish diaspora, but also stop them from assimilating into German society. Speaking with Turks in Germany, Erdogan urged them not to assimilate, and called the assimilation of migrants in Europe "a crime against humanity."

Erdogan has also been expanding Turkey beyond its borders – starting with Cyprus, the Greek Islands, Suakin Island (Sudan) and Syria.

Mosques, migrants and the military are now Erdogan's new weapons in his threats against the West....

Continues

God Bless

David

Exit40
Supporting Member

Postby Exit40 on Tue Nov 12, 2019 7:35 am

Behind Trump’s Dealings With Turkey: Sons-in-Law Married to Power
Informal relationships between family members help explain the course of diplomacy between the White House and Turkey’s leader.
By David D. Kirkpatrick and Eric Lipton Nov. 12, 2019 Updated 7:29 a.m. ET

ISTANBUL — Behind President Trump’s accommodating attitude toward Turkey is an unusual back channel: a trio of sons-in-law who married into power and now play key roles in connecting Ankara with Washington.

One, Turkey’s finance minister, is the son-in-law of its strongman president and oversees his country’s relationship with the United States.

Another is the son-in-law of a Turkish tycoon and became a business partner to the Trump Organization. Now he advocates for Turkey with the Trump administration.

And the third is Jared Kushner, who as the son-in-law of and senior adviser to Mr. Trump has a vague if expansive foreign policy portfolio....

Snips... The term “deep state,” in fact, first emerged in Turkey decades ago, long before it came into vogue among Trump supporters, and Mr. Erdogan’s advisers say he has cultivated Mr. Trump by emphasizing their shared struggles against such entrenched forces within their governments....

... Mr. Erdogan and Mr. Trump are hardly natural partners....

Continues

God Bless

David

Exit40
Supporting Member

Postby Exit40 on Wed Nov 20, 2019 5:46 am

Russia baulks at Turkish idea of new Syrian military operation
Russia's defence ministry says it is puzzled by Turkish FM comments since Moscow upheld its part of Putin-Erdogan deal.
18 hours ago

Russia said on Tuesday it was bewildered by a Turkish pledge to conduct a new military operation in northern Syria if the area was not cleared of people Ankara calls "terrorists", warning any such move would damage efforts to stabilise the region.

Turkish Foreign Minister Mevlut Cavusoglu said on Monday his country would launch a new offensive in northeast Syria if it was not cleared of the Kurdish YPG militia.

State-owned Anadolu news agency quoted Cavusoglu as saying Russia and the United States had not done what was required under agreements that halted a Turkish offensive last month and called on both to make good on their pledges....

Continues

God Bless

David

Exit40
Supporting Member

Postby Seeker on Thu Nov 21, 2019 3:34 pm

Why Erdogan will never trust NATO amid Putin missile deal
By CHARLIE BRADLEY
PUBLISHED: 19:32, Thu, Nov 21, 2019

...."However, the attempted coup in 2016 aimed at ousting Mr Erdogan from power, has left the Turkish President with bitterness towards some Western countries as he believes they assisted the Gulen movement in its efforts to remove him from the Presidential Palace.

Expert in Turkish politics, Dr Waldman continued: “But then there is the attempted coup in Turkey in 2016, from the perspective of Erdogan this is a personal attempt against him, and he thinks ‘where are the Gulen movement, the architects of the coup, from? oh it has bases in the US’."......

https://www.express.co.uk/news/world/12 ... -trump-spt

Always wondered if the West would be part of the AC alignment against Israel. Perhaps the answer is slowly emerging. We know there is a group protesting his actions against Israel. Turkey appears to be preparing to "step off the bus" quoting a former mayor of Istanbul... :)

Peace,
Seeker

Seeker

Postby Exit40 on Fri Nov 22, 2019 8:02 am

Turkish Authorities Approve Conversion of Historic Church into Mosque
By Will Maule November 20, 2019

The Turkish Council of State has approved the conversion of a historic Greek Orthodox Church into a place of Islamic worship.

The Byzantine-era “Chora” Church was originally built in the early 4th century as a monastery complex outside the walls of Constantinople. It was later converted to a mosque after the Ottoman invasion of Istanbul.

In 1945, the church was restored and preserved as the “Kariye Museum.” Despite its conversion back to a symbol of Christianity, a lawsuit was later filed by the Association of Permanent Foundations and Service to Historical Artifacts and Environment claiming that the building was a mosque and thus belonged to the Fatih Sultan Mehmet Foundation....

Snip... Many believe that this latest announcement will speed up the process of converting the Hagia Sophia to a full-fledged mosque....

Continues

God Bless

David

Exit40
Supporting Member

Postby Exit40 on Sun Nov 24, 2019 6:47 am

'Not an invasion': Turkey's Hulusi Akar on Syria operation
Defence minister discusses military operation in Syria, cooperation with Russia and Iran, and ties with the US and NATO.
23 Nov 2019 13:09 GMT

In October 2019, Turkey launched a military operation in northeast Syria to drive the Kurdish-led Syrian Democratic Forces (SDF) back from its border.

Dubbed Operation Peace Spring, Turkey's push was also aimed at establishing a "safe zone" stretching at least 30km (19 miles) into Syria to resettle some of the 3.6 million refugees it currently hosts.

In an interview with Al Jazeera, Turkish Minister of Defence Hulusi Akar discusses the operation in northeast Syria, Turkey's cooperation with Russia and Iran and Ankara's strained relations with the United States and NATO following the purchase of the S-400 air defence system from Moscow.

The military operation in northeast Syria was condemned by the US, a NATO ally, and members of the international community, but for Ankara it was seen as necessary to ensure national security. The SDF is dominated by the People's Protection Units (YPG), labelled "terrorists" by Ankara because of its ties to the outlawed Kurdistan Workers' Party (PKK), which has been fighting the Turkish state for decades.

"Our only wish, our only goal, our only effort is towards the security of our country. Who from? The YPG, the PKK, terrorists and Daesh (ISIL, or ISIS). Our goal is to establish the security of our borders and our people," Akar tells Al Jazeera....

Continues

God bless

David

Exit40
Supporting Member

Postby Exit40 on Mon Nov 25, 2019 6:23 am

'I said sure': Lindsey Graham blocked Armenian genocide resolution at White House request
by Carlin Becker November 24, 2019 08:01 PM

Sen. Lindsey Graham confirmed that he blocked a resolution that would have formally recognized Turkey's Armenian genocide at the request of the White House.

After Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan met with President Trump and a group of Republican senators in the Oval Office on Nov. 13, Graham rushed back to the Senate floor and blocked the resolution. Prior to his return to the Senate, a senior White House official told him that Sen. Bob Menendez was planning to present the resolution and asked if Graham could "please object."...

Snip... He added, "I'm not going to object next time."...

Continues

God Bless

David

Exit40
Supporting Member

Postby Exit40 on Tue Nov 26, 2019 9:40 am

Erdogan: Turkey-Qatar military base serves regional 'stability'
President Erdogan says base in Qatar with 5,000 Turkish troops is now complete, calling it a 'symbol of brotherhood'.
22 hours ago

Turkey's President Recep Tayyip Erdogan said Monday the construction of a new Turkish military base has been completed in Qatar and it will be named after the famous Muslim commander Khalid bin Walid.

Erdogan arrived in Doha earlier in the day to attend the fifth meeting of the Turkey-Qatar High Strategic Committee....

Snip... The command centre was named after Khalid bin Walid - one of the Islamic world's greatest generals who commanded armies of the Prophet Muhammad in the seventh century. He was so adept in battle, the Prophet Muhammad gave him the name the "Unsheathed Sword of Allah".

Erdogan dubbed the military base "the symbol of brotherhood, friendship, solidarity and sincerity"....

Continues

God Bless

David

Exit40
Supporting Member

Postby Exit40 on Thu Nov 28, 2019 7:02 am

Libya, Turkey sign deals on security and maritime jurisdictions
Ankara says agreements were signed when President Erdogan met Prime Minister Fayez al-Sarraj in Istanbul.
4 hours ago

Turkey and Libya on Wednesday signed two agreements on security and military cooperation and restriction of marine jurisdictions, Turkish authorities said.

Memorandums of understanding were signed after Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan held a closed meeting with the internationally-recognised government of Prime Minister Fayez al-Sarraj in Istanbul, the state-run Anadolu Agency reported quoting the Turkish Presidential Communications Directorate.

The move comes as Tripoli, the seat of the Government of National Accord (GNA), has been battling forces backed by renegade military commander Khalifa Haftar....

Continues

God Bless

David

Exit40
Supporting Member

Postby Exit40 on Fri Nov 29, 2019 7:42 am

'Are you brain dead?' Turkey's Erdogan asks Macron before NATO summit
2 MIN READ

ISTANBUL (Reuters) - Turkish President Tayyip Erdogan said on Friday that Emmanuel Macron’s warning that NATO was dying reflects a “sick and shallow” understanding, telling the French president “you should check whether you are brain dead”.

Erdogan was speaking days ahead of a summit of the military alliance, which Macron said was experiencing “brain death” because of American unpredictability under President Donald Trump and strained ties with Turkey....

Continues

God Bless

David

Exit40
Supporting Member

Postby Ready1 on Sat Nov 30, 2019 9:29 am

Exit40 wrote:Libya, Turkey sign deals on security and maritime jurisdictions
Ankara says agreements were signed when President Erdogan met Prime Minister Fayez al-Sarraj in Istanbul.
4 hours ago

Turkey and Libya on Wednesday signed two agreements on security and military cooperation and restriction of marine jurisdictions, Turkish authorities said.

Memorandums of understanding were signed after Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan held a closed meeting with the internationally-recognised government of Prime Minister Fayez al-Sarraj in Istanbul, the state-run Anadolu Agency reported quoting the Turkish Presidential Communications Directorate.

The move comes as Tripoli, the seat of the Government of National Accord (GNA), has been battling forces backed by renegade military commander Khalifa Haftar....

Continues

God Bless

David

This is significant in that the Ezekiel players must come together and this may be a point which helps to tie Turkey (Gomer/Bethtogarmah) with Libya.
Just observing.

E.
Ready1

Postby Exit40 on Sun Dec 01, 2019 6:41 am

Ready1 wrote:This is significant in that the Ezekiel players must come together and this may be a point which helps to tie Turkey (Gomer/Bethtogarmah) with Libya.

Precisely.

God Bless You

David

Exit40
Supporting Member

Postby Exit40 on Wed Dec 04, 2019 7:45 am

Turkey threatens to block NATO's Baltic defence plan over YPG
President Erdogan calls for unconditional support from the alliance in its fight against the Kurdish-Syrian militia.
3 Dec 2019

Turkey will block NATO's plan for the defence of Baltic countries unless the alliance recognises a Kurdish group as "terrorists", Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan warned.

A NATO meeting on Tuesday, marking the alliance's 70th anniversary, was set to be a tense affair with Turkey at odds with other members over its purchase of Russian missiles and recent offensive in northern Syria, among other issues.

Speaking at a news conference in the capital, Ankara, before his departure for the British capital, Erdogan urged unconditional support of the alliance in the fight against the Kurdish People's Protection Unit (YPG), which Turkey views as a terrorist organisation.

"NATO needs to act in a proactive manner against threats posed by the terrorist organisations," Erdogan said. "It is inevitable that NATO is in need of readjusting itself against today's terrorist threats. We expect our allies to display strong cooperation with us against the threats we are facing."...

Continues

God bless

David

Exit40
Supporting Member

Postby Seeker on Wed Dec 04, 2019 12:48 pm

Libya, Turkey sign deals on security and maritime jurisdictions

Very very interesting. Libya is only mentioned by name 3 times in the bible.

(Eze 30:5)  Ethiopia, and Libya, and Lydia, and all the mingled people, and Chub, and the men of the land that is in league, shall fall with them by the sword.
(Eze 38:5)  Persia, Ethiopia, and Libya with them; all of them with shield and helmet:
(Act 2:10)  Phrygia, and Pamphylia, in Egypt, and in the parts of Libya about Cyrene, and strangers of Rome, Jews and proselytes,

Eze 30:3  For the day is near, even the day of the LORD is near, a cloudy day; it shall be the time of the heathen. 
Eze 30:4  And the sword shall come upon Egypt, and great pain shall be in Ethiopia, when the slain shall fall in Egypt, and they shall take away her multitude, and her foundations shall be broken down. 
Eze 30:5  Ethiopia, and Libya, and Lydia, and all the mingled people, and Chub, and the men of the land that is in league, shall fall with them by the sword.

In Ezekiel 30 at the day of the Lord, they are among those slain by the Lord. Then in Ezekiel 38 they are part of the AC alliance who we know the Lord also defeats. So two cases of Libya on the wrong side about the same time chronologically. Indeed a country to be watched as we near the Day of the Lord.

Peace,
Seeker
Last edited by Seeker on Wed Dec 04, 2019 12:52 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Seeker

Postby Seeker on Wed Dec 04, 2019 12:51 pm

President Erdogan has issued a license to kill
By Can Dundar
Dec. 2, 2019 at 6:51 p.m. CST

...."“Some countries eliminate terrorists whom they consider as a threat to their national security, wherever they are,” he said. “This means they accept that Turkey has the same right.” He then hinted about his target: “This includes the terrorists they shake hands with and praised. I hope we will have good news for the nation on this matter soon.”

This was a blatant announcement of an assassination in the works. After the meeting, journalists asked Erdogan whether the target he had in mind might be Syrian Kurdish commander Mazloum Abdi. Erdogan responded: “Who would announce such actions? Did the United States arrive announced?”.....

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions ... ense-kill/

Seeker

Postby Exit40 on Sat Dec 07, 2019 7:55 am

Macron and Turkey clash over terrorism after Syria conflict 'No consensus possible!'
FRENCH President Emmanuel Macron said on Wednesday that “no consensus” could be reached with Turkey on the definition of terrorism, amid an ongoing dispute with Ankara over Kurdish militia groups.
By ROMINA MCGUINNESS PUBLISHED: 17:50, Fri, Dec 6, 2019 | UPDATED: 18:56, Fri, Dec 6, 2019

The French leader’s remarks came after he accused Ankara of working with ISIS proxies, saying its ambiguity towards the group was hampering its allies’ efforts in Iraq and Syria. “I don’t see any possible consensus,” Mr Macron said following a NATO summit in London clouded by the row with Turkey over its demand that its allies nominate as “terrorists” Kurdish fighters in north-eastern Syria who helped a US-led coalition defeat Islamic State (ISIS) jihadists. “There is a disagreement that has not been resolved,” he continued.

Turkey’s President Recep Tayyip Erdogan had threatened to block a NATO plan to boost the defences of Poland, Estonia, Lithuania and Latvia against a potential attack from Russia, unless the military alliance recognised the Syrian Kurdish People’s Protection Units (YPG) as terrorists.

Mr Macron, however, rejects Ankara’s claim that the YPG is a branch of the PKK, or Kurdistan Workers’ Party, which has waged a long insurgent campaign against the Turkish state and is officially considered a terrorist organisation by both the European Union and the United States.

“It is clear that we do not agree to classify the YPG-PYD as a terrorist group,” Mr Macron told reporters....

Continues

God Bless

David

Exit40
Supporting Member

Previous

Return to Prophecy Debate Area