Wisdom and knowledge of God

(heavily moderated)

Wisdom and knowledge of God

Postby Jay Ross on Wed Mar 22, 2017 5:31 pm

A wise person suggested that Deuteronomy 4 presented the facts as to why God has chosen to walk contrary to the Jews and why the Jews are walking contrary to God. Did the Jews reject Christ or were they protecting their idolatrous worship? When God had the Temple destroyed, what was He stopping?

The Temple, IMHO, was destroyed to stopped the means by which the Jews could offer up a yearly sin sacrifice and be forgiven for their sin of idolatrous worship. It stopped their means of communing with God because of their idolatrous behaviour. If you read Deuteronomy 4 the sin that is talked about in this chapter is idolatrous worship, not the rejection of Christ as is being suggested as the primary reason for the 70 AD desolation and devastation of Jerusalem and the scattering of the Nation of Israel to the four corners of the earth.

Let us consider the following passage
Hosea 5:6-6:6: -

6 "With their flocks and herds
They shall go to seek the Lord,
But they will not find Him;
He has withdrawn Himself from them.
7 They have dealt treacherously with the Lord,
For they have begotten pagan children.
Now a New Moon shall devour them and their heritage.

In verse 7 the renewed Moon god is Islam, originally it was Baal but we are told in Revelation 16:12-16 that the Baal God religion, represented by the river Euphrates, has dried up/disappeared and has been replaced by a renewed Moon god religion which has allowed the kings of Satan, the beast(s) and the false prophet, i.e. the Little Horn to crossing the Euphrates River to go up against Jerusalem. Many Jews were forced to convert to Islam and as such they have begotten pagan children and Islam i.e. Satan, the beast(s) and the false Prophet, is presently and systematically devouring Israel and their heritage.
8 "Blow the ram's horn in Gibeah,
The trumpet in Ramah!
Cry aloud at Beth Aven,
'Look behind you, O Benjamin!'
9 Ephraim shall be desolate in the day of rebuke;
Among the tribes of Israel I make known what is sure.

10 "The princes of Judah are like those who remove a landmark;
I will pour out My wrath on them like water.
11 Ephraim is oppressed and broken in judgment,
Because he willingly walked by human precept.
12 Therefore I will be to Ephraim like a moth,
And to the house of Judah like rottenness.

13 "When Ephraim saw his sickness,
And Judah saw his wound,
Then Ephraim went to Assyria
And sent to King Jareb;
Yet he cannot cure you,
Nor heal you of your wound. ,

The meaning of Jareb is "the one who contends," i.e. Satan.
14 For I will be like a lion to Ephraim
And like a young lion to the house of Judah.
I, even I, will tear them and go away;
I will take them away, and no one shall rescue.
15 I will return again to My place
Till they acknowledge their offense.
Then they will seek My face;
In their affliction they will earnestly seek Me."

6:1 Come, and let us return to the Lord;
For He has torn, but He will heal us;
He has stricken, but He will bind us up.
2 After two days He will revive us;
On the third day He will raise us up,
That we may live in His sight.
3 Let us know,
Let us pursue the knowledge of the Lord.
His going forth is established as the morning;
He will come to us like the rain,
Like the latter and former rain to the earth.

Verse 2 tells us that the time span of how long God will have His back turn against the nation of Israel. This verse tells us that God will be walking contrary to Israel for two days of the Lord, i.e. for a period of time that is a little longer than 2,000 years in duration and that after these two days that God will revive them so that during the whole of the third day of the Lord, that they may live in His sight during the Millennium Age on the earth. God makes like new again the Covenant that he had make with the nation of Israel to be a Nation of Priests for Him, before they rebelled and had Aaron build for them two golden calves to worship, at the beginning of the Millennium Age.
4 "O Ephraim, what shall I do to you?
O Judah, what shall I do to you?
For your faithfulness is like a morning cloud,
And like the early dew it goes away.
5 Therefore I have hewn them by the prophets,
I have slain them by the words of My mouth;
And your judgments are like light that goes forth.
6 For I desire mercy and not sacrifice,
And the knowledge of God more than burnt offerings.

NKJV

God does not want a new Temple to be built, for He desires mercy from those who call on His name and not sacrifices. He desires that the people have an intimate knowledge of Him more than burnt sacrifices.

God wants a relationship with us where we are truly dependant upon Him.

How is this being played out during this present time?
Last edited by Jay Ross on Thu Mar 23, 2017 5:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jay Ross

Re: Wisdom and knowledge of God

Postby Abiding in His Word on Thu Mar 23, 2017 5:29 pm

Jay, your post is a bit too complicated for me, but I certainly agree that there is no need for a temple as far as God is concerned. However, there are Jews who are still grieving the destruction of their temple for the purpose of honoring God and offering sacrifices as far back as when Solomon built the first temple. It was and is considered the visible, tangible evidence that God dwells in the midst of His people.

I don't think the Orthodox Jews who are hoping for that temple intentionally, purposely, knowingly rejected Jesus, but rather didn't recognize Him as the King they were waiting for. Isaiah said it like this prophetically: "... He has no form nor majesty that we should see Him, nor an appearance that we should desire Him." And "...He is despised and rejected of men; a Man of sorrows, and acquainted with grief; and as it were a hiding of faces from Him, He being despised, and we esteemed Him not."

God wants a relationship with us where we are truly dependant upon Him.

No sure of the scope of our total dependence since I promise you when I have a toothache, I'm depending on the dentist to fix it! And which dentist I choose seems to be within my decision-making capabilities. So I'm likely not understanding exactly how you designate which areas of life I must depend on Him and which I use my God-given common sense and freedom to choose. He Himself designed us that way, didn't He? Granted, there are times that seem beyond our ability and wisdom and we definitely seek His guidance, but other than those times, I'm praising Him ".... for I am fearfully and wonderfully made..." Psalm 139:14

:grin:
Abiding in His Word
SITE ADMIN

Return to Prophecy Debate Area