Who is HE?

(heavily moderated)

Re: Who is HE?

Postby Mr Baldy on Tue Mar 28, 2017 4:50 pm

Exit40 wrote:Well, you beat me too an apology, which I intended to offer this morning Mr B. I hope you will accept mine too Brother. I think we are kindred Spirits in many ways, and maybe tend to butt heads a little more often as a result. On that note, when we finally come to agreement on something we will be a great team I believe. Getting to that point is the difficult part, but I am certain we will do this together. However, my feelings have not been injured, I am not sure I even have any personal feelings. Except when I perceive an insult to the Scriptures or anothers' view of what they believe they say I feel compelled to speak out. I should and can soften my language too and rather than jump in I should ask a question about what is meant instead. I will work on this.

Thank you David. I don't believe an apology is in order on your part, you were only defending what you believe. I actually Deeply Respect that!

:itsgood:
Mr Baldy

Postby Mr Baldy on Tue Mar 28, 2017 6:10 pm

WOODHENOT3 wrote:
15) “Therefore when you see the abomination of desolation which was spoken of through Daniel the prophet, standing in the holy place (let the reader understand),

Do you think he was warning the disciples of the coming 70AD war at that time? We know that now its completed...right?

Does it have to be a "covenant with Many"?

I think we all know what to expect when the day the AC is STAMDING in the HOLY PLACE.... we would know its the beginning of the Great Tribulations....

Also, do you think the Apostasy is speaking of the Apostate church as today or when the AC reveals is when the apostasy begins?

IMO, I would think the ENP is long dead, but I could be wrong.....

HI Woody,

Let me see if I can address your questions to the best of my ability - and the way that I understand Prophecy. Please remember that what I submit is ONLY based on what I understand about Scripture - so I could be wrong.

First of all, I think now that we have discovered that the "He" mentioned in Daniel 9:27(a) is Christ. He is solely responsible for "bringing an end to sacrifice and offering" in the middle of the 70th week. I believe that the latter half of Daniel 9:27 otherwise 9:27 (b) refers to the Desolater who shall come.

Daniel 9:24-27 is a very unique Prophecy in that it speaks of the coming of Messiah - His Ultimate Sacrifice; the destruction of the city and the sanctuary by the people of the prince who is to come - and the Final Desolator. It further unique because Jesus refers back to the AOD spoken of through the Prophet Daniel.

So, in my very humble opinion, historically when the Temple was destroy by Titus and his Roman Army in 70 AD and the subsequent First Jewish Roman War - those actions led to the events set forth mentioned in Daniel 12:11-12 ending the 70 weeks. So Jesus was specifically referring to the Final Desolator; the little horn that will come in the 4th and Final Empire and answers the specific AOD mentioned in Daniel 9:27(b) - which is future and competed at the onset of the 3.5 year time period.

Now concerning the Apostasy or the coming "Falling Away" that Paul mentions. I believe that Paul is mentioning a period in Time as we know it - when there will be complete "lawlessness". I believe that we are seeing a form of it now, but it is definitely not in it's final stages before the Return of Christ. In my very humble opinion, it will be GREED that causes this complete "lawlessness" and take this World to a level that it has never experienced before. The Love of Money changes a man. The Apostasy will come prior to the coming Antichrist being revealed - actually, I think that it will be a necessity before he can actually step upon the World Stage.

Concerning the ENP. Well, if you are watching the events that are occurring in Europe - which I STILL believe is the 4th and Final Empire spoken of by the Prophet Daniel, then please still - at the very minimum keep your ears tuned into the events and requirements that have already been established in the ENP. You just may see a coming World Dictator arise from the Policies that were set forth from it's inception.
Mr Baldy

Postby keithareilly on Tue Mar 28, 2017 6:36 pm

Mr Baldy,

So, in my very humble opinion, historically when the Temple was destroy by Titus and his Roman Army in 70 AD and the subsequent First Jewish Roman War - those actions led to the events set forth mentioned in Daniel 12:11-12 ending the 70 weeks. So Jesus was specifically referring to the Final Desolator; the little horn that will come in the 4th and Final Empire and answers the specific AOD mentioned in Daniel 9:27(b) - which is future and competed at the onset of the 3.5 year time period.

I am a little confused here Mr. Baldy. Are you saying you think the 70AD event and the First Jewish Roman War was part of the 70 weeks? If so, that would require a gap in time from the end of the 69th week (of about 30 plus years depending how you count).

Just a little confused by this statement as this does not line up with the chart you posted.
So I am pretty sure I do not understand.

Keith
keithareilly
Supporting Member

Postby Mr Baldy on Wed Mar 29, 2017 4:15 am

keithareilly wrote: am a little confused here Mr. Baldy. Are you saying you think the 70AD event and the First Jewish Roman War was part of the 70 weeks? If so, that would require a gap in time from the end of the 69th week (of about 30 plus years depending how you count).Just a little confused by this statement as this does not line up with the chart you posted.So I am pretty sure I do not understand.

Yes, this is a very clear mistake on my part, you are absolutely correct Keith. I will have to revisit this....
Mr Baldy

Postby WOODHENOT3 on Wed Mar 29, 2017 8:38 am

We know the 70AD is not of the 70 weeks, but of the 70th week? right?

Thanks for sharing Mr Baldy, I can see we have more homework to do on this subject...ha...
In Christ Always,
Woody
WOODHENOT3

Postby keithareilly on Wed Mar 29, 2017 9:22 am

WOODHENOT3 wrote:We know the 70AD is not of the 70 weeks, but of the 70th week? right?

Thanks for sharing Mr Baldy, I can see we have more homework to do on this subject...ha...

Can't be of the 70th week and not of the 70 weeks as the 70th is part of the 70.

Let's give Mr Baldy some time;
He has changed his big picture in this thread and is working out the details to sharpen his understanding.

Keith
keithareilly
Supporting Member

Postby WOODHENOT3 on Wed Mar 29, 2017 9:37 am

keithareilly wrote:
WOODHENOT3 wrote:We know the 70AD is not of the 70 weeks, but of the 70th week? right?

Can't be of the 70th week and not of the 70 weeks as the 70th is part of the 70.

Let's give Mr Baldy some time.

Keith

The one week in Daniel 9:27 is not part of the 70 weeks prophecy but of the 7 year war in 70AD that stopped the sacrifice and offerings in the middle of that week, right?
In Christ Always,
Woody
WOODHENOT3

Postby WOODHENOT3 on Wed Mar 29, 2017 9:53 am

It seem to me that the 70th week is also completed, but in the Book of Revelations, we have 3 1/2 years yet to come....

Does anyone think that the 3 1/2 years from the book of Revelations is part of Daniel 9:27?
In Christ Always,
Woody
WOODHENOT3

Postby shorttribber on Wed Mar 29, 2017 10:02 am

WOODHENOT3 wrote:Does anyone think that the 3 1/2 years from the book of Revelations is part of Daniel 9:27?

Yes Woody, David and I both are of that opinion, and for Very Good Reason.

The most import matters that are to be understood in all of this thread are these though, Christ Was Crucified During the 70th week, and there does remain 3.5 years of Great tribulation future...not 7 years.
The Wisest men have changed their Counsels and Resolves upon second thoughts, much more upon experience, and approaching evils not at first discovered. Rev. Herbert Croft, 1675

Where no counsel is, the people fall: but in the multitude of counsellors there is safety.

Find seven years of tribulation plainly stated in the Bible.
shorttribber

Postby keithareilly on Wed Mar 29, 2017 10:05 am

Woddy Wrote ...
The one week in Daniel 9:27 is not part of the 70 weeks prophecy but of the 7 year war in 70AD that stopped the sacrifice and offerings in the middle of that week, right?
In Christ Always,

Yes.

And Woody wrote ...
Does anyone think that the 3 1/2 years from the book of Revelations is part of Daniel 9:27?

I don't have an opinion on that.
keithareilly
Supporting Member

Postby keithareilly on Wed Mar 29, 2017 10:10 am

Shorttrib wrote,
The most import matters that are to be understood in all of this thread are these though, Christ Was Crucified During the 70th week, and there does remain 3.5 years of Great tribulation future...not 7 years.

This statement does not require a remaining 3 1/2 years to be part of the 70th week.
The 70th week could be over and in the past with 3 1/2 years of Great Tribulation remaining yet in the future and this statement would still be true.

Keith
keithareilly
Supporting Member

Postby shorttribber on Wed Mar 29, 2017 10:19 am

keithareilly wrote:Shorttrib wrote,

This statement does not require a remaining 3 1/2 years to be part of the 70th week.
The 70th week could be over and in the past with 3 1/2 years of Great Tribulation remaining yet in the future and this statement would still be true.

Keith

I agree with that, yes
The Wisest men have changed their Counsels and Resolves upon second thoughts, much more upon experience, and approaching evils not at first discovered. Rev. Herbert Croft, 1675

Where no counsel is, the people fall: but in the multitude of counsellors there is safety.

shorttribber

Postby WOODHENOT3 on Wed Mar 29, 2017 10:29 am

shorttribber wrote:

Keith

I agree with that, yes

There you go, I agree also.....Amen...
In Christ Always,
Woody
WOODHENOT3

Postby Mr Baldy on Wed Mar 29, 2017 4:41 pm

WOODHENOT3 wrote:

Keith

There you go, I agree also.....Amen...

Yes, I concur as well.
Mr Baldy

Postby WOODHENOT3 on Wed Mar 29, 2017 8:32 pm

Lets all have a party!! We all came to an agreement!!!
Praise the Lord!! haha....
Many Blessings to all !!!
In Christ Always,
Woody
WOODHENOT3

Postby Exit40 on Thu Mar 30, 2017 4:42 am

shorttribber wrote:Yes Woody, David and I both are of that opinion, and for Very Good Reason.

Happily concur also ! Agree also that Christ is the 'He' in Dan 9:27 ? That confirms the Covenant ? And causes ( by His Crucifixion ) the sacrifice and the oblation to cease in the midst of the week ?

God Bless

David
Eph 2:8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God

T'was Grace that taught my heart to fear.
And Grace, my fears relieved.
How precious did that Grace appear
The hour I first believed.
Exit40
Supporting Member

Postby brett on Tue Apr 04, 2017 5:48 pm

No surprise here. I do NOT concur...... :grin:

The he in Daniel 9:27 is the Anti-Christ.
Daniel 8:14 And he said unto me, Unto two thousand and three hundred days; then shall the sanctuary be cleansed.
These are 2300 LITERAL days, note Daniel 8:26 And the vision of the evening and the morning which was told is true: wherefore shut thou up the vision; for it shall be for many days.
This gives us a fairly big hint we're talking about LITERAL Days.

Daniel 12:11 And from the time that the daily sacrifice shall be taken away, and the abomination that maketh desolate set up, there shall be a thousand two hundred and ninety days. Again these are LITERAL Days, note the following verse Daniel 12:12 Blessed is he that waiteth, and cometh to the thousand three hundred and five and thirty days. A person "he" cannot wait 1335 years, but a person can wait 1335 days.

Guys when will you realise this 70AD, thousands of years stuff is incorrect?

Looks like no party for me..... :grin:

Last edited by brett on Tue Apr 04, 2017 6:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
KJV ONLY !
The KJV is the only PURE translation. Avoid modern corruptions like the NIV, they have been altered to support the coming Anti-Christ.
"The words of the Lord are pure words: as silver tried in a furnace of earth, purified seven times. Thou shalt keep them, O Lord, thou shalt preserve them from this generation for ever." Psalm 12:6-7
brett

Postby shorttribber on Tue Apr 04, 2017 5:51 pm

party pooper :tease:

You know I'm kid'n right?...love to ya brother :hugs:

shorttribber

Postby brett on Tue Apr 04, 2017 6:10 pm

Yeah......I know........I don't mind being the party pooper.........I guess someones got to do it. :grin:
KJV ONLY !
The KJV is the only PURE translation. Avoid modern corruptions like the NIV, they have been altered to support the coming Anti-Christ.
"The words of the Lord are pure words: as silver tried in a furnace of earth, purified seven times. Thou shalt keep them, O Lord, thou shalt preserve them from this generation for ever." Psalm 12:6-7
brett

Postby shorttribber on Tue Apr 04, 2017 7:33 pm

brett wrote:Yeah......I know........I don't mind being the party pooper.........I guess someones got to do it. :grin:

that's ok, so far you're the only one :sofa: but i'll keep my eyes open for others.

shorttribber

Postby WOODHENOT3 on Tue Apr 04, 2017 7:58 pm

party pooper :tease:

I couldn't stop laughing, I was ready to light some fireworks...darn!!! haha...
In Christ Always,
Woody
WOODHENOT3

Postby brett on Tue Apr 04, 2017 8:06 pm

Its ok guys I'll organise a new party......will make sure I specify on the invite, "party in 5 days, not 5 years"...

:lol:
KJV ONLY !
brett

Postby Mr Baldy on Thu Apr 06, 2017 12:29 pm

brett wrote:Its ok guys I'll organise a new party......will make sure I specify on the invite, "party in 5 days, not 5 years"...

Just make sure those "5 days" don't have some sort of illogical "GAP" our you will NEVER get there. :mrgreen:
Mr Baldy

Postby Douggg on Sun May 07, 2017 6:57 pm

Mr Baldy wrote:I want to pose a question to those who love Prophecy and desire to know the Truth.

Who is the "he" mentioned in Daniel 9:27?

The "he" is simple once a person recognizes that Moses was first to confirm the Mt. Sinai covenant for 7 years.

The person who become the Antichrist will confirm the Mt. Sinai covenant for 7 years, following the law that Moses made for it to be done on a 7 year cycle. The Jews will errantly believe the person to be their messiah.

Revelation the end times chapters, 6-19, are structured on the same 7 year 70th week or the second half of the 70th week, depending on which chapters.

And in Chapter 6, giving the overview of the 7 years, it begins with the rider on the white horse who is given a crown - anointed the King of Israel, by the false prophet (most likely).

So the "he" is going to be the person who becomes the Antichrist.
Douggg

Postby Douggg on Sun May 07, 2017 7:08 pm

WOODHENOT3 wrote:It seem to me that the 70th week is also completed, but in the Book of Revelations, we have 3 1/2 years yet to come....

Revelation is not structured on just 3 1/2 years. The end times chapters, 6-19, are structured on the seven years and the second half of the seven years.

Chapters 1-3 Jesus tells the churches how to behave until he comes.

Chapters 4-5 John is caught up to heaven to be shown the end times

Chapter 6 is an overview of the 70th week of Daniel 9, start to finish.

Chapters 7-9 is what takes place during the second half of the 70th week.

Chapters 10-11 is the 70th week according to the little book John eats

Chapter 12 is the 70th week relevant to Israel.

Chapters 13-14 is the second half of the 70th week, the great tribulation.

Chapters 15-16 is the second half of the 70th week, God's vials of wrath.

Chapters 17-18 is about Mystery Babylon, the beast, the seven kings and ten kings

Chapter 19 is the glorious return of Jesus to complete the 70th week.

Chapter 20 is the 1000 year rule of Jesus upon this earth, and the final curtain for Satan.

Chapters 21-22 is about eternity, our place in the new heaven and new earth
Douggg

Postby Mr Baldy on Mon May 08, 2017 4:40 am

Douggg wrote:Revelation is not structured on just 3 1/2 years.

Instead of writing it here, why don't you provide Scripture to prove what you're saying - along with an explanation as to how you came with this conclusion. You have provided the chapters and "your understanding" but provide the verses for those who are reading your comments so they can interpret it for themselves.
Just so you know a 7 year period simply ISN'T there.

As Shorty says:

Mr Baldy

Postby Douggg on Mon May 08, 2017 7:46 am

Mr Baldy wrote:
Douggg wrote:Revelation is not structured on just 3 1/2 years.

Instead of writing it here, why don't you provide Scripture to prove what you're saying - along with an explanation as to how you came with this conclusion. You have provided the chapters and "your understanding" but provide the verses for those who are reading your comments so they can interpret it for themselves.
Just so you know a 7 year period simply ISN'T there.

As Shorty says:

I just finished in "the Beginning of the 70th week" thread with a chapter by chapter explanation - that others can interpret it for themselves.
Douggg

Previous

Return to Prophecy Debate Area