debates

(heavily moderated)

debates

Postby Resurrection Torchlight on Tue Feb 07, 2017 1:21 pm

I am not sure where to post this, but since this isn't a debate in itself, mods please move to wherever you feel it needs to go.

So I have ventured onto some other "prophecy" sites. And I have to say how thankful I am that FP welcomes real discussion and debate. What a rare thing it is. I had my posts removed from another popular end times blog, for merely suggesting a new way of looking at something. I was not rude in any way and just stated my thoughts. I was however accused of derailing people's faith, and told that I was too sure of myself. Now all of you guys here know me, and that yes I am willing to defend my position, but I am never dogmatic. I found it somewhat hypocritical of them to tell me I was being too dogmatic and yet they were so far from entertaining any other view other than the one they arrived at that they removed my posts. So who is really being dogmatic? It is not like I was challenging some great doctrinal truth. The discussion was about the fullness of the gentiles and when people thought it might happen. I suggested that it was at the sounding of the seven thunders and gave my reasons why. For some reason that struck a nerve. Needless to say I am very thankful to have had the opportunity to hash things out here with people who are willing to listen and moderators that allow true debate. Thank you Holly and moderators and the rest of you all here at FP.

RT
Resurrection Torchlight

Re: debates

Postby Abiding in His Word on Tue Feb 07, 2017 2:21 pm

I agree with your appreciation of this board, RT! Herb was mature and understanding enough to even allow debate forums for differing views on the rapture which was an outstanding gesture imo.

I found it somewhat hypocritical of them to tell me I was being too dogmatic and yet they were so far from entertaining any other view other than the one they arrived at that they removed my posts. So who is really being dogmatic?

Christians are a strange lot, aren't we? :lol: We (not all, of course) want everyone to think, act, dress, believe, and behave the way we do. If you don't fit the stereotype and the rules, even your salvation is questioned by some. We seem to prefer masks rather than encouraging strong, healthy individualism. (1 Cor. 12:18-20)

And the funny part of dogmatism that's so prevalent today is its often enforced by pastors who are so young, they might be seen in Walgreen's buying acne meds!!

I, for one, appreciate and respect each member of this board and their obvious love of Jesus and scripture and the enthusiasm they exhibit in discussing and debating.
Abiding in His Word
SITE ADMIN

Postby Jericho on Tue Feb 07, 2017 4:34 pm

I agree RT. FP is unique, even when we disagree we are still civil toward one another. That is a rarity. Being a small forum with a few frequent members has its advantages.

We (not all, of course) want everyone to think, act, dress, believe, and behave the way we do.

I think that describes most human beings in general.
Formerly SwordOfGideon
Jericho

Postby Exit40 on Wed Feb 08, 2017 3:55 am

I love it here too. Welcome back RT. I know you didn't leave though. Are we still #1 on Alexsis sp?

God Bless

David
Eph 2:8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God

T'was Grace that taught my heart to fear.
And Grace, my fears relieved.
How precious did that Grace appear
The hour I first believed.
Exit40
Supporting Member

Return to Prophecy Debate Area