structure of Revelation 6-20

(heavily moderated)

structure of Revelation 6-20

Postby Douggg on Sat Oct 08, 2016 2:28 am

Realize what you are reading about in those chapters.

Here is the straight through breakdown of Revelation 6 to 20. Revelation is structured for the most part (in blue) to correspond to the 70th week of years (7 years) of Daniel 9.

Revealing of the seven years the seals, seals 1-6 chapter 6

Revealing of the trumpet judgments, second half of the seven years
chapter 7, chapter 8, chapter 9

Revealing of the seven years according to the little book
chapter 10, chapter 11

Revealing of the seven years relevant to Israel chapter 12

Revealing of the second half of the seven years after the two witnesses are gone chapter 13, chapter 14

Revealing of the bowls of wrath during the second half of the seven years chapter 15, chapter 16

Revealing of the woman and the beast, and the mystery of the heads and horns
chapter 17

Revealing of the judgement on Babylon the great
chapter 18

Revealing of the Lord Jesus Christ's return to earth chapter 19, chapter 20
Douggg

Re: structure of Revelation 6-20

Postby shorttribber on Sat Oct 08, 2016 11:30 am

That is basically the standard Seven year (Futurist) idea is it not?
What exactly are we to focus on in that list?
It covers so much material, how can we travel this thread without chasing rabbits every direction?
just say'n
The Wisest men have changed their Counsels and Resolves upon second thoughts, much more upon experience, and approaching evils not at first discovered. Rev. Herbert Croft, 1675

Where no counsel is, the people fall: but in the multitude of counsellors there is safety.

Find seven years of tribulation plainly stated in the Bible.
shorttribber

Postby Douggg on Sat Oct 08, 2016 12:00 pm

shorttribber wrote:That is basically the standard Seven year (Futurist) idea is it not?
What exactly are we to focus on in that list?
It covers so much material, how can we travel this thread without chasing rabbits every direction?
just say'n

Actually one of the reasons I made this thread is because over the years I hear so many people start explaining how Revelation is structured by various formulations, a wide array. But none of those were right.

I have heard no-one present the structure I presented in my opening post.

Futurists in general do hold to the 7 year concept, I do agree with you on that.

I am not really trying at all to explain Revelation 6 to 20, but just to identify the framework that the chapters address. What I am pointing out is the basis is the 70th week.
Douggg

Postby shorttribber on Sat Oct 08, 2016 12:06 pm

Douggg wrote:Actually one of the reasons I made this thread is because over the years I hear so many people start explaining how Revelation is structured by various formulations, a wide array. But none of those were right.I have heard no-one present the structure I presented in my opening post.

Where in particular do your ideas vary from I guess what can be called a General Pattern of the Futurist 7 year Pretrib idea?
Keeping in mind I have used the word General, as I know there are small variations among the many futurist ideas.
The Wisest men have changed their Counsels and Resolves upon second thoughts, much more upon experience, and approaching evils not at first discovered. Rev. Herbert Croft, 1675

Where no counsel is, the people fall: but in the multitude of counsellors there is safety.

shorttribber

Postby Douggg on Sat Oct 08, 2016 12:24 pm

shorttribber wrote:
Douggg wrote:Actually one of the reasons I made this thread is because over the years I hear so many people start explaining how Revelation is structured by various formulations, a wide array. But none of those were right.I have heard no-one present the structure I presented in my opening post.

Where in particular do your ideas vary from I guess what can be called a General Pattern of the Futurist 7 year Pretrib idea?
Keeping in mind I have used the word General, as I know there are small variations among the many futurist ideas.

I am really not trying to either promote (or disprove) any kind of rapture timing in presenting the structure of Revelation 6 -20. Some futurists believe in a post trib rapture.

I am just trying to show the structure which Revelation 6-20 is based on. For example, have you ever heard anyone state that "Revelation 12 is the revealing of the 7 years relevant to Israel" ?
Douggg

Postby shorttribber on Sat Oct 08, 2016 12:43 pm

Douggg wrote:I am just trying to show the structure which Revelation 6-20 is based on. For example, have you ever heard anyone state that "Revelation 12 is the revealing of the 7 years relevant to Israel" ?

I think RT has that idea if I remember right....and if I understand your meaning correctly.

Douggg wrote:I am really not trying to either promote (or disprove) any kind of rapture timing in presenting the structure of Revelation 6 -20. Some futurists believe in a post trib rapture.

....Oh, ok.....That's correct, they do

shorttribber

Return to Prophecy Debate Area