King of the North, King of the South, Little Horn

(heavily moderated)

Re: King of the North, King of the South, Little Horn

Postby morpheus on Sun Feb 28, 2016 9:35 pm

40 “At the time of the end the king of the South will engage him in battle, and the king of the North will storm out against him with chariots and cavalry and a great fleet of ships. He will invade many countries and sweep through them like a flood.

Daniel 11 seems to be quite clear that this little horn will fight against both the king of the north and king of the south. Thus this little horn does not start out as king of the north. In context of this whole chapter, Turkey/Syria/Lebanon was the king of the north and Egypt was the king of the south. That would put this king between these two kingdoms. There is not much room to figure out what is between these two countries. Since the Antichrist is not from Israel, and Jordan escapes out of his hand, there is really only one place left - Palestine.

When Palestine becomes a nation, if it is built on prewar 1967 borders, it will pretty much surround Jerusalem, something the Scriptures says to watch for and flee Jerusalem when you see this.
morpheus

Postby GodsStudent on Sun Feb 28, 2016 10:53 pm

Another fascinating and we'll said "kirthril" post .....today you are on a roll!
GodsStudent
Supporting Member

Postby kirthril on Mon Feb 29, 2016 5:44 am

morpheus wrote:
40 “At the time of the end the king of the South will engage him in battle, and the king of the North will storm out against him with chariots and cavalry and a great fleet of ships. He will invade many countries and sweep through them like a flood.

Daniel 11 seems to be quite clear that this little horn will fight against both the king of the north and king of the south. Thus this little horn does not start out as king of the north. In context of this whole chapter, Turkey/Syria/Lebanon was the king of the north and Egypt was the king of the south. That would put this king between these two kingdoms. There is not much room to figure out what is between these two countries. Since the Antichrist is not from Israel, and Jordan escapes out of his hand, there is really only one place left - Palestine.

When Palestine becomes a nation, if it is built on prewar 1967 borders, it will pretty much surround Jerusalem, something the Scriptures says to watch for and flee Jerusalem when you see this.

Yes. It all depends on how you read the passage. The way I read is as follows as it keeps in line with the rest of Daniel 11's back and forth between N and S:

40 “At the time of the end the king of the South will engage him (king of the north) in battle, and the king of the North will storm out against him (king of the south) with chariots and cavalry and a great fleet of ships. He will invade many countries and sweep through them like a flood.

I do not believe the AC to come from a Palestinian state because Daniel 8 specifies he (little horn) conquers nations moving south and east. There is nothing south and east of Palestine except the desert of Saudi Arabia and southern Jordan. South and east means his nation of power is in a north western position.

Revelation also states that the throne of satan is in Pergamum. That's in asia minor. Where does satan actually want his throne? Jerusalem. So which direction would satan have to shift his seat of power? South and East.

Edit to add:
Also Palestine was part of the Ptolemaic kingdom. The kingdom of the south. So Palestine is not the region from which the AC comes.
Edit to add 2:
When Jerusalem is surrounded by armies think of Daniel 11 21-37. The AC is in a 3 part war with Egypt. To get to Egypt he has to pass through Israel for a land invasion. I believe Israel will let the AC use its land as a FOB for invasion into Egypt and that will be Israel's downfall because the enemy is already in its borders. When people see this, foreign militaries using Israel as a staging ground for the final assault on Egypt, know that the next target will be Israel itself. I don't think Palestine becoming a state, narrowing israels size has anything to do with Israel's desolation (Israel is going to be invaded regardless of its border situation), but rather the ominous military activity of the AC as he wars with Egypt.
"It is not who I am...But what I do that defines me" -Batman, Batman Begins
kirthril

Postby shorttribber on Mon Feb 29, 2016 9:14 pm

GodsStudent wrote:Another fascinating and we'll said "kirthril" post .....today you are on a roll!

agreed
The Wisest men have changed their Counsels and Resolves upon second thoughts, much more upon experience, and approaching evils not at first discovered. Rev. Herbert Croft, 1675

Where no counsel is, the people fall: but in the multitude of counsellors there is safety.

Find seven years of tribulation plainly stated in the Bible.
shorttribber

Previous

Return to Prophecy Debate Area