Turkey : Part Tres :)

(heavily moderated)

Re: Turkey : Part Tres :)

Postby Exit40 on Thu Mar 02, 2017 8:31 am

Turkey to strike YPG unless it leaves Manbij: FM Çavuşoğlu
ANKARA Thursday,March 2 2017, Your time is 7:28:58 AM

Turkey will strike the People’s Protection Units (YPG), the military wing of the Syrian Kurdish Democratic Union Party (PYD), if they do not withdraw from Manbij, a former bastion of the Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant (ISIL) that has been taken over by predominantly Kurdish forces, Foreign Minister Mevlüt Çavuşoğlu stated on March 2.

Speaking to reporters outside parliament in Ankara, Çavuşoğlu said Turkey and the U.S. “must not face off against each other because of Turkey’s fight against other terrorist groups [apart from ISIL],” the main focus of the Euphrates Shield Operation in northern Syria.

“We do not want any of our allies to stand with terrorist groups. We stated earlier that Turkey will hit the YPG unless they withdraw from Manbij,” he said.

Çavuşoğlu also said that with an operation on Manbij, the aim is to leave the area to “its true owners.”...

Continues

God Bless

David
Eph 2:8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God

T'was Grace that taught my heart to fear.
And Grace, my fears relieved.
How precious did that Grace appear
The hour I first believed.
Exit40
Supporting Member

Postby Exit40 on Fri Mar 03, 2017 6:56 am

Turkey hits out at Germany over ministerial visit
Turkish authorities say German 'deep state' to blame for obstructing address by Turkish justice minister to expat community
03.03.2017 By Tugrul Cam ANKARA

Turkish government has severely criticized Germany over the cancellation of a public address by the justice minister to expat Turks in Gaggenau on Thursday.

Foreign Minister Mevlut Cavusoglu on Friday accused what he described as the German “deep state” of being behind the obstruction of a planned address by Ankara’s justice minister to members of the local Turkish community.

Cavusoglu said the German authorities had tried to prevent such meetings before: "This has become a systematic practice of the German deep state."

"The systematic pressures on Turkish society [in Germany] do not discourage Turkish society. You can't achieve this," he added.

Cavusoglu said Berlin’s attitude towards Turkey revealed double standards shown by Germany and the West....

Continues

God Bless

David
Eph 2:8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God

Exit40
Supporting Member

Postby Exit40 on Sat Mar 04, 2017 7:27 am

Recep Tayyip Erdoğan: 'Germany is aiding and abetting terrorism'
Turkish president’s claim that Berlin harboured arrested journalist Deniz Yücel has further soured relations between the two countries
Kate Connolly in Berlin Friday 3 March 2017 14.19 EST First published on Friday 3 March 2017 07.08 EST

Relations between Turkey and Germany have lurched further into crisis after the Turkish president, Recep Tayyip Erdoğan, accused Berlin of “aiding and abetting” terror in an increasingly acrimonious row over the arrest and incarceration of a German-Turkish journalist in Turkey.

In a speech in Istanbul, Erdoğan said that Deniz Yücel, a correspondent for Die Welt, was both a German spy and a “representative” of the outlawed Kurdish rebel group, PKK.

Yücel was formally arrested this week pending a trial on charges of propaganda and incitement to hatred. Erdoğan accused Berlin of harbouring him for a month at the German consulate in Istanbul before agreeing to hand him over to authorities.

“They need to be put on trial for aiding and abetting terrorism,” Erdoğan said....

Continues

God Bless

David

Exit40
Supporting Member

Postby Exit40 on Mon Mar 06, 2017 8:38 am

Recep Tayyip Erdogan: Turkish President threatens to 'stir up the world' if banned from giving speeches in Germany
Mr Erdogan has been condemned for accusing Germany of reverting to 'Nazi practices'
Samuel Osborne 4 hours ago

Turkish president Recep Tayyip Erdogan has said he will "stir up the world" if he is banned from giving speeches in Germany.

Diplomatic tensions have been rising after German authorities withdrew permission for two rallies in German cities amid growing public outrage over Ankara's arrest of a Turkish-German journalist.

“Now they think Tayyip Erdogan wants to go to Germany. I will go if I want to," Mr Erdogan said at a meeting in Istanbul over the weekend, the Hurriyet daily reports.

"If you don’t let me in, or restrain me from giving a speech, then I will stir up the world."

Continues

God Bless

David

Exit40
Supporting Member

Postby Exit40 on Thu Mar 09, 2017 7:43 am

The Opinion Pages | EDITORIAL
Mr. Erdogan’s Jaw-Dropping Hypocrisy
By THE EDITORIAL BOARD MARCH 8, 2017

Turkey’s president, Recep Tayyip Erdogan, has gall. He has jailed tens of thousands of people, shuttered more than 150 media companies and called a referendum in April to enlarge his powers. Yet when local authorities in Germany, for security reasons, barred two Turkish ministers from campaigning on his behalf among Turks living in Germany, Mr. Erdogan exploded, accusing Germany of Nazi practices and knowing nothing about democracy. If he himself was barred from speaking in the country, he warned, he’d “set the world on fire.”

This is all the more galling knowing that among the scores of journalists jailed in Turkey is a reporter for Die Welt, with German and Turkish citizenship, whom Mr. Erdogan has accused of being a German spy and a “representative” of an outlawed Kurdish rebel group. Some furious German politicians have urged Chancellor Angela Merkel to tell Mr. Erdogan that he is not welcome in Germany. Properly, and wisely, she has not. Appearances by leading Turkish politicians, she said, “remain possible within the laws applicable here.” Permits for demonstrations are handled locally, though, and Ms. Merkel said she has no say in them....

Continues

God Bless

David

Exit40
Supporting Member

Postby Exit40 on Thu Mar 09, 2017 7:46 am

Turkey uses Germany row to stir up nationalism ahead of vote
Turkish politicians are using a spate of cancelled rallies in Germany to stir up nationalist feeling ahead of next month's referendum on boosting President Recep Tayyip Erdogan's powers, analysts say.
Published: 08.03.2017 Pulse News Agency International By AFP

Turkish politicians are using a spate of cancelled rallies in Germany to stir up nationalist feeling ahead of next month's referendum on boosting President Recep Tayyip Erdogan's powers, analysts say.

Since last week, German and Turkish politicians have traded barbs over the banning of events by Turkish officials visiting Germany in a bid to boost support ahead of the April 16 vote on whether to create an executive presidency in Turkey.
Although Berlin has insisted the rallies were cancelled by local authorities for logistical reasons, Turkish officials have hit back repeatedly, with Erdogan even comparing such actions to "Nazi practices".

In an attempt to maintain its relations with Ankara -- a crucial partner to halt the influx of refugees and migrants into Europe -- Germany has refrained from further exacerbating the tensions, urging Turkey to "keep a cool head".

But the spat has provided fodder for those working for a 'Yes' vote in the April referendum....

Continues

God Bless

David

Exit40
Supporting Member

Postby Exit40 on Fri Mar 10, 2017 7:58 am

Merkel-Erdogan Dispute Ratchets Up Before Turkish Referendum
By GARDINER HARRIS and VICTOR HOMOLAMARCH 9, 2017

Chancellor Angela Merkel of Germany and President Recep Tayyip Erdogan of Turkey in Ankara, the Turkish capital, in February. Credit Lefteris Pitarakis/Associated Press
ANKARA, Turkey — An unusually bitter dispute between Germany and Turkey escalated on Thursday as leaders in both countries accused the other of acting in bad faith.

The controversy has worsened ahead of an April referendum in Turkey on a new Constitution that would vastly expand the powers of President Recep Tayyip Erdogan. His allies want him to campaign in Germany, where 1.5 million Turks live and are eligible to vote.

Mr. Erdogan has accused Germany of using “Nazi practices” to block him from campaigning. Germany is agitated about Turkey’s crackdown on civil liberties and the detention of a Turkish-German journalist, Deniz Yucel....

Snips ... Mr. Yildirim, Mr. Kalin and Mr. Bozdag all warned the Trump administration that relations between Turkey and the United States could worsen significantly if the United States failed to extradite Fethullah Gulen, the leader of a religious organization who lives in Pennsylvania and whom the Turkish authorities accused of masterminding the failed coup attempt in July....

... Mr. Yildirim and Mr. Kalin also said relations could suffer if the United States chose to attack the Syrian city of Raqqa, the headquarters of the Islamic State, with Kurdish forces whom Turkey views as allied with the outlawed Kurdistan Workers’ Party. The Trump administration “needs to win the hearts and minds of Turkish public opinion,” Mr. Yildirim said. “And at the moment, the Turkish public has a very negative opinion of the United States.”...

Continues

God Bless

David

Exit40
Supporting Member

Postby Exit40 on Sat Mar 11, 2017 8:31 am

Turkey referendum: Dutch withdraw FM Cavusoglu's travel permission
4 hours ago

Turkish Foreign Minister Mevlut Cavusoglu in Berlin. Photo: 8 March 2017Image copyrightEPA
Image caption
Mevlut Cavusoglu warned Turkey would retaliate if his visit to Rotterdam were blocked
The Dutch government has withdrawn landing permission for the plane with Turkish Foreign Minister Mevlut Cavusoglu on board.
Mr Cavusoglu earlier said he would visit Rotterdam on Saturday, despite a ban on him to address a rally there.
He warned Turkey would impose heavy sanctions if his visit were blocked....

Continues

God Bless

David

Exit40
Supporting Member

Postby Exit40 on Sat Mar 11, 2017 8:38 am

Erdoğan slams Netherlands, hints retaliation over revoke of FM's landing permit
DAILY SABAH ISTANBUL Published 16 hours ago

President Recep Tayyip Erdoğan has slammed the Netherlands on Saturday after the country revoked the landing permission of Turkish Foreign Minister Mevlüt Çavuşoğlu's plane in a bid to prevent the minister from meeting with the Turkish citizens in the Netherlands ahead of Turkey's constitutional amendment referendum scheduled on April 16.

Speaking at a rally in Istanbul's Bağcılar district, Erdoğan said that the Netherlands vainly tries to influence the outcome of Turkey's constitutional referendum by attempting to hinder Çavuşoğlu from meeting Turkish citizens living in the country, and who are eligible to vote in Turkish elections.

''Our citizens living there will give the Netherlands the best answer in the upcoming referendum,'' Erdoğan said, referring to the Dutch authorities' obvious attempts to influence the outcome of the referendum in favor of the ''No'' vote.

''From now on, let's see how Dutch diplomatic planes will land on Turkish soil?'' Erdoğan said, hinting that Turkey will proceed to retaliatory bans following Saturday's incident....

Continues

God Bless

David

Exit40
Supporting Member

Postby Exit40 on Mon Mar 13, 2017 4:43 am

Turkey decries Dutch mistreating diplomats, citizens
Diplomatic notes protest blocking of Family Minister Kaya from entering consulate and mistreatment of Turkish citizens
ANKARA 13.03.2017

In the latest salvo over the Netherlands blocking Turkish government ministers from attending rallies in the country as well as a crackdown on protests by expatriate Turks, Ankara has sent diplomatic notes protesting the incidents, the Foreign Ministry announced Monday.

Turkish government and opposition leaders alike have strongly condemned the incidents Saturday, in which the Dutch government canceled Turkish FM Mevlut Cavusoglu's flight permit to the Netherlands and then blocked a convoy carrying Family Minister Fatma Betul Sayan Kaya from entering the Turkish Consulate in Rotterdam.

When Turkish citizens in the Rotterdam peacefully protested these developments, they were met by police using batons, dogs, and water cannons, in what some called a disproportionate use of force....

Continues

God Bless

David

Exit40
Supporting Member

Postby Exit40 on Mon Mar 13, 2017 4:45 am

Dutch diplomatic row with Turkey: what the Dutch papers say
EuropePolitics March 13, 2017
Turkish ministers were refused entry into the country this weekend to address political rallies in the run up to the Turkish referendum which will give more power to president Recep Tayyip Erdogan. The Dutch papers waver between praise and regret for the actions of the Dutch government.

‘A violent collision between Turkish pride and Dutch determination’ the NRC calls the diplomatic row between Turkey and the Netherlands in its editorial.

‘The motives for refusing the Turkish ministers were perhaps understandable enough but it was not a wise move. A refusal is an infringement of the right to free speech, which is exactly what Europe is laying at Turkey’s doorstep,’ the paper writes.

Snip ... ‘It is better to act from strength. It’s the only language the Turks understand. We must start by cancelling the association treaty, as proposed by CDA leader Buma. Prime minister Rutte wants to de-escalate and have a friendly meeting. But the long arm of Ankara has to be hacked off. The integration of Turks is hindered by continuous Turkish interference. (..). This has to stop,’ the Telegraaf concludes....

Read more at DutchNews.nl: Dutch diplomatic row with Turkey: what the Dutch papers say http://www.dutchnews.nl/news/archives/2 ... apers-say/

God Bless

David

Exit40
Supporting Member

Postby Exit40 on Mon Mar 13, 2017 5:06 am

Dutch-Turkish row: Why is president Recep Tayyip Erdogan obsessed with Nazis?
Anna Schaverien 13 MARCH 2017 • 10:57AM

Turkey’s president Recep Tayyip Erdogan has accused two of Europe’s governments of fascism in as many weeks.

Amid the mounting row with the Netherlands, the Turkish leader told a crowd that the Dutch government was “Nazi remnants, they are fascists”.

He added: “I said 'I thought Nazism was over,' but I was wrong. In fact, Nazism is alive in the West.”...

Snip ... "What's interesting here is context. He is facing a ballot, and he is playing the victim card and he will use the rejection of the rallies to play the nationalist card....

Continues

**** Per the snip, yup, his usual tactic. Interestingly, he plays into his crowd as if it is their idea, they believe him it is, then acts in response as if he is just doing the will of the people. His fascination with Nazi's ? Mein Kampf has been a best seller in Turkey for the last decade or so. Just the will of the people, people. D. ***

God Bless

David

Exit40
Supporting Member

Postby Exit40 on Mon Mar 13, 2017 5:15 am

Congressman sparks social media storm with ‘racist’ tweet
Gemma Acton 1 Hour Ago CNBC.com

Representative Steve King, a Republican from Iowa.
A Republican congressman has sparked a social media storm with a provocative tweet endorsing far-right Dutch politician Geert Wilders ahead of Wednesday's general elections in the Netherlands.

The tweet sent on Sunday by Iowa's Republican Representative, Steven King, was interpreted as racist by many on the social media platform, who read overtones of white nationalism in the message which read:

"Wilders understands that culture and demographics are our destiny. We can't restore our civilization with somebody else's babies."

[**** Edit: The Congressmans tweet]

Wilders understands that culture and demographics are our destiny. We can't restore our civilization with somebody else's babies. 12 Mar 2017 · Iowa, USA
5,715 5,715 Retweets 8,926 8,926 likes

Snip ... While Sunday's tweet prompted cries of protest from some Democrats, including David Cicilline, Representative for Rhode Island who denounced the comments as "shameful", the Republican party has so far been silent on the matter....

Continues

God Bless

David

Exit40
Supporting Member

Postby Exit40 on Wed Mar 15, 2017 5:23 am

Recep Tayyip Erdoğan: 'We know Dutch from Srebrenica massacre'
Turkish president holds the Netherlands responsible for massacre of 8,000 Bosnian Muslims as row over rallies deepens
Jon Henley Tuesday 14 March 2017 11.00 EDT First published on Tuesday 14 March 2017 05.33 EDT

The Turkish president, Recep Tayyip Erdoğan, has held the Netherlands responsible for the worst genocide in Europe since the second world war as the row over Turkish ministers addressing pro-Erdoğan rallies in the country deepened.

In a speech televised live on Tuesday, Erdoğan said: “We know the Netherlands and the Dutch from the Srebrenica massacre. We know how rotten their character is from their massacre of 8,000 Bosnians there.”

The comments followed Turkey’s suspension of diplomatic relations with the Netherlands on Monday and Erdoğan twice describing the Dutch government as Nazis on Saturday after his foreign minister and family affairs minister were prevented from attending rallies....

Continues

God Bless

David

Exit40
Supporting Member

Postby Exit40 on Wed Mar 15, 2017 5:34 am

Turkey vows to mobilize Islamic world against Euro-fascism
ANKARA Wednesday,March 15 2017, Your time is 5:15:15 AM

Turkey will intensify its efforts against racism, Islamophobia and xenophobia on all international platforms, especially at the Organization of Islamic Cooperation (OIC) as Turkey’s government is currently the term president, President Recep Tayyip Erdoğan said March 14.

“This matter is not a matter merely for Turkey. This fascism that shows its dirty face is negatively impacting all Muslims and foreigners living in Europe,” he said at a Doctor’s Day meeting.

Erdoğan called on Turks, Muslims and foreigners living in Germany and the Netherlands not to vote for parties that espouse anti-Turkey policies....

Snip ... The Netherlands exhibited “state terror” by not permitting Turkish ministers to rally with Turks in the country on March 11 and by intervening against protesters with police, Erdoğan said, adding that the country had greatly damaged Europe and the EU. “Now, the EU, for those who want to cooperate with, is not a symbol of the law, freedoms and human rights anymore. Europe is so important that it cannot be left at the mercy of a rogue state. I invite the whole world to take a determined position to be more sensitive.”...

Continues

God Bless

David

Exit40
Supporting Member

Postby Exit40 on Thu Mar 16, 2017 6:41 am

How conflict with the West empowers Erdogan
Author Mustafa Akyol Posted March 14, 2017

On March 13, Blick — the third top-selling newspaper in Switzerland, came out with a giant headline in an unusual language: Turkish. “Vote ‘no’ to Erdogan’s dictatorship,” the title read, appealing to the Turks living in this small country. President Recep Tayyip Erdogan, the paper argued, was seeking to establish dictatorship with the upcoming referendum on April 16. And Turks living in Switzerland, who enjoy the freedoms of this liberal nation, should say “no” to this menace.

Back in Turkey, however, this headline quickly turned into yet another reason to vote “yes” for Erdogan. Pro-government media ran immediate stories condemning the Swiss paper — in fact, Switzerland and all of Europe — for imperialist hubris. They also called on all Turks to give their patriotic response by rallying behind the great leader. On social media, pro-Erdogan users reiterated their standard line: Europe’s enmity was not just against Erdogan, but in fact against Turks and Islam. “This,” a pro-Erdogan journalist even declared, “is the war of the Cross against the Crescent.”

Read more: http://www.al-monitor.com/pulse/origina ... z4bUoL2z8Z

God Bless

David

Exit40
Supporting Member

Postby Exit40 on Fri Mar 17, 2017 5:28 am

Europe will drown in its own fears: President Erdoğan
AFYONKARAHİSAR Friday,March 17 2017, Your time is 5:19:54 AM

Europe will “drown in its own fears of Muslims and migrants,” Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdoğan said on March 15, further hardening his tone just hours after an exchange of words between Ankara and Brussels on the future of a refugee deal.

Addressing a crowd in the western province of Ayfonkarahisar, Erdoğan said the “specter of fascism is roaming” on the streets of Europe, comparing the treatment of non-Europeans there to that of the Jews in World War II.

“Europe is heading toward being drowned in its own fears,” he said, referring to the rise of the far right in the continent over the last years.

“Turkophobia is mounting. Islamophobia is mounting. They are even scared of migrants who take shelter. They are scared of everything that is not from there. They are hostile to everything that is not from there,” Erdoğan said.

The blocking of Turkish ministers by the Dutch authorities last weekend was followed by protests in Rotterdam, with local police using horses and dogs to disperse demonstrators. The images were widely reported in the Turkish press and prompted an angry reaction from the government....

Continues

God Bless

David

Exit40
Supporting Member

Postby Exit40 on Sun Mar 19, 2017 6:54 am

Erdogan vows to reinstate death penalty in Turkey
Date of publication: 19 March, 2017

Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan said he expected parliament to approve restoring the death penalty after next month's referendum, a move that could end Ankara's bid to join the EU. Tags: Turkey, Erdogan, death penalty, EU, referendum

Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan said on Saturday he expected parliament to approve restoring capital punishment after next month's referendum in a move that could end Ankara's bid to join the EU.

"I believe, God willing, that after the 16 April vote, parliament will do the necessary concerning your demands for capital punishment," Erdogan said at a televised rally in the western city of Canakkale, his words greeted by loud cheers.

To become law, the bill would still need to be signed by the head of state. But Erdogan said he would sign it "without hesitation".

His remarks came as Ankara was locked in a bitter standoff with Europe after Germany and the Netherlands blocked Turkish ministers from campaigning for a 'yes' vote ahead of the referendum on expanding Erdogan's powers....

Continues

God Bless

David

Exit40
Supporting Member

Postby Exit40 on Mon Mar 20, 2017 6:27 am

Erdoğan slams EU court’s controversial hijab ban ruling
ANADOLU AGENCY ESKIŞEHIR, Turkey Published March 17, 2017

President Recep Tayyip Erdoğan on Friday slammed the EU Court of Justice's decision to uphold a headscarf ban at workplaces by employers, calling the ruling violations of freedom of religion and faith.

Addressing a ceremony in northwestern Eskisehir province, Erdogan said: "We are sick of this. You said, there is freedom of religion, freedom of faith!"

"I dare you to ban the skullcap," he added, referring to the traditional hat worn by some Jewish men and boys as a symbol of their faith....

Continues

God Bless

David

Exit40
Supporting Member

Postby Exit40 on Mon Mar 20, 2017 6:36 am

Turkey's last warning to the West before it's too late
Merve Şebnem Oruç Published
6 hours ago
Unless the Western leaders see the danger posed by their populist policies, which Turkey has already warned them about, the world will become an even more chaotic place

President Recep Tayyip Erdoğan said on Thursday that the new ban on headscarves in the workplace by the European Court of Justice (ECJ) would commence a struggle between the cross and the crescent. "Shame on the EU. Down with your European principles, values and justice," he said and asked, "Where is the liberty of religion?" Further criticizing European governments for refusing to allow Turkish ministers to rally Turkish citizens living in Europe, Erdoğan said, "The spirit of fascism is roaming the streets of Europe," comparing the treatment of Muslims to the Nazi treatment of the Jews. "The fear of Turks is beginning to appear. The fear of Islam is beginning to appear. They are even afraid of migrants looking for asylum. They fear everything that originates elsewhere; they are hostile to everything that is not from there," he added.Also speaking on Thursday, Foreign Minister Mevlüt Çavuşoğlu predicted that holy wars would soon begin in Europe. Minister Çavuşoğlu said: "Now the election is over in the Netherlands. When you look at the many parties you see there is no difference between the social democrats and fascist [Geert] Wilders. All have the same mentality. Where will you go? Where are you taking Europe? You have begun to collapse Europe. You are dragging Europe into the abyss. Holy wars will soon begin in Europe."...

Continues

**** This appears to be an Op/Ed, a very inflammatory one. Keep in mind Sabah is very pro govt, but also keep in mind it is very well read in Turkey. This is what Turks are exposed to. D. ****

God Bless

David

Exit40
Supporting Member

Postby Exit40 on Tue Mar 21, 2017 5:14 am

Bulgarian President Slams Turkish ‘Interference’ In National Elections
by BREITBART LONDON 18 Mar 2017

SOFIA (AFP) – Bulgarian President Rumen Radev on Friday accused neighbouring Turkey of “interference” in the country’s March 26 general elections and warned his government would not accept it.

“Turkey is our neighbour, friend and partner and we insist on developing good neighbourly relations,” Radev told public BNT television on Friday.

“But Turkey’s interference in our elections is a fact, and this interference is inadmissible.”

The statement came after over a week of escalating tensions between the two countries.

Bulgaria is angered at Turkey’s open support for Dost, a party for the ethnic Turkish minority, which is running in the general elections for the first time.

The government in Sofia summoned Turkey’s ambassador and recalled its own envoy from Turkey for consultations on Thursday....

Continues

God Bless

David

Exit40
Supporting Member

Postby Exit40 on Wed Mar 22, 2017 5:23 am

A longtime U.S. ally has become openly hostile to the West. So what now?
March 21, 2017, 12:04 am

Among NATO’s most serious problems is Recip Erdogan, the president of Turkey. He is more than a political nuisance, because he threatens both the commitment of NATO’s members to defend each other and the Westernized composition of the nation he leads.

In the last half of the 19th century, under the Ottoman Empire’s last caliph Abdulmejid, Turkey was known as “the sick man of Europe.” Abdulmejid’s government was corrupt, dissolute, and entirely vulnerable. That third element led to the Gallipoli Campaign, which, in 1915-1916, saw troops from Australia and New Zealand under British command thwarted in their attempt to land and seize control of the Dardanelles.

One Turkish officer, Mustafa Kemal, found himself at the center of the invasion force. His counterattacks and ability to hold ground were the reasons the invasion failed.

After the war, when the Ottoman Empire fell and Abdulmejid’s reign ended, Mustafa Kemal became the leader of Turkey who was not as much followed as worshiped. In 1934, Mustafa Kemal became known as “Ataturk,” father of Turks. He remade the Islamic Ottoman state into a secular, non-Islamic nation aimed at joining the Western world.

Eighty-three years later, Turkey is led by a man whose principal goal is the re-creation of the Turkish Islamic state, Recip Erdogan....

Continues

God Bless

David

Exit40
Supporting Member

Postby Exit40 on Wed Mar 22, 2017 5:35 am

LTG MICHAEL T. FLYNN V. FETHULLAH GULEN CHARTER SCHOOLS
By Kelleigh Nelson March 21, 2017 NewsWithViews.com

What will our lives be like if we lose this war? It’s actually a very easy question to answer: we’d live the way the unfortunate residents of the “caliphate” or the oppressed citizens of the Islamic Republic of Iran live today, in a totalitarian state under the dictates of the most rigid version of Sharia. A Russian KGB or Nazi SS-like state where the citizens spy on one another, and the regime doles out death or lesser punishment to those judged insufficiently loyal. —LTG Michael T. Flynn, The Field of Fight

General Flynn is right, and his number one interest is the safety and security of American citizenry, and that is the reason he was appointed as National Security Advisor. The General is still under attack, only this time it is because he not only wanted to protect American citizens, but more importantly their children. Flynn is also a board member of Brigitte Gabriel’s Act for America, who educates citizens and elected officials to impact public policy and protect America from terrorism.

Safety is something President Trump reiterated time and again during the campaign and after his election, and is one of the many reasons I supported him.

Today, our President is trying to keep his promise to protect America and her people from dangerous Islamic political ideology via executive orders on immigration which are Constitutionally sound. Yet, he is now being blocked again by judicial tyrants, both of whom are connected to Obama. [Link] More on this in future articles....

Continues

God Bless

David

Exit40
Supporting Member

Postby Exit40 on Wed Mar 22, 2017 5:40 am

Istanbul prosecutor links Gulen to 2007 murder
Fetullah Gulen among those prosecutor calls to be arrested over killing of Armenian journalist
21.03.2017 ISTANBUL

An Istanbul prosecutor on Tuesday requested an arrest warrant for U.S.-based Fetullah Gulen in connection with the 2007 killing of a prominent Armenian-Turkish journalist, a legal source said.

Gulen and other suspects linked to the Fetullah Terrorist Organization (FETO) were named by Gokalp Kokcu, a counter-terrorism prosecutor, as being involved in the shooting of Hrant Dink, the source said on condition of anonymity due to restrictions on talking to the media.

FETO is said to have orchestrated last July’s attempted coup that left 249 people dead....

Continues

God Bless

David

Exit40
Supporting Member

Postby Exit40 on Thu Mar 23, 2017 5:27 am

Swiss Government Blows Off Turkish President's Demands For Prosecution After He's 'Insulted' By A Local Tabloid
from the towards-a-unified-world-opinion-of-ring-hoarding-leaders dept
by Tim Cushing Wed, Mar 22nd 2017 4:14pm

Perhaps the thinnest skinned politician on the planet -- Recip "Gollum" Erdogan -- is at it again. His legacy of injunctions, legal threats, and even copyright abuse continues. The latest to draw Erdogan's wrath is Switzerland, which, to be fair, has drawn his wrath in the past. The repeat "offender" was targeted by Erdogan in 2016 for an art exhibit he didn't care for. This wouldn't have happened if Switzerland didn't have a law on the books forbidding insulting foreign leaders. Erdogan has the uncanny ability to sniff out foreign laws that might help him remain un-insulted, but so far has only managed to Streisand himself into infamy.

This time around, it's a Swiss tabloid earning the Turkish president's disdain/threats of prosecution.

The Zurich-based tabloid Blick made Turkish television on Monday night when the country’s president Recep Tayyip Erdogan held up an edition of the Swiss paper with the front-page headline ‘Vote no to Erdogan’s dictatorship’.

The article in German and Turkish called for Turks in Switzerland to vote no in the April 16th referendum which, if successful, would give more powers to Erdogan.

Seems like a logical stance. Erdogan has abused every power he's been given. There's really no reason for other countries to give him more powers to abuse, even indirectly. The Turkish government went full Godwin in response, comparing this editorial's call for a "no" vote to Nazism....

Continues

God Bless

David

Exit40
Supporting Member

Postby Exit40 on Thu Mar 23, 2017 5:51 am

Gülen's extradition, ending support to YPG key for Turkey-US relations: FM Çavuşoğlu
DAILY SABAH WITH ANADOLU AGENCY
ISTANBUL Published 5 hours ago

Foreign Minister Mevlüt Çavuşoğlu said on Tuesday that the future of relations between the U.S. and Turkey rely on "two key factors:" The extradition of the leader of the Gülenist Terror Group (FETÖ), Fetullah Gülen, and an end to the U.S.'s support of the PKK terrorist organization's Syrian offshoot the Democratic Union Party (PYD) and its armed wing, the People's Protection Units (YPG).

"The U.S. must not rely on the YPG to defeat Daesh in Syria, the YPG is just an extension of the PKK," Çavuşoğlu said during his official visit in Washington, adding, "The PKK terrorists who are responsible for the last terrorist attacks, suicide bomb attacks in Ankara and Istanbul, all came from YPG camps in Syria,"

"We cannot rely on another terrorist organization in our fight against Daesh," he said.

The YPG-backed Syrian Democratic Forces (SDF) has been Washington's principle partner in the anti-Daesh fight in northern Syria, vexing Ankara....

Continues

God Bless

David

Exit40
Supporting Member

Postby Exit40 on Thu Mar 23, 2017 7:20 am

VIDEO Turk President Erdogan: Soon Europeans ‘Will Not Walk Safely on Their Streets’
By Pamela Geller - on March 22, 2017

Turkish President Erdoğan has threatened Europe before, but this time he threatened the safety of Europeans. And no sooner than the threat is issued, London is attacked.

Erdogan called it, didn’t he? The would-be caliph has thrown down the gauntlet. This is a threat, as opposed to a warning. It is also a call to arms. Turkey under Erdogan is a rogue state and has walked away from the civilized world.

How ironic that the Turkish President, who still denies the Armenian genocide, has the temerity to compare Dutch and German conduct with the Nazis. Ironic, because it was Hitler who said his genocide was inspired by the Turkish genocide of the Armenian, Greek, Assyrian Christians.

The Ottoman monster returns.

ERDOGAN: SOON EUROPEANS ‘WILL NOT WALK SAFELY ON THEIR STREETS
by Chris Tomlinson, Breitbart, 22 Mar 2017....

Continues

God Bless

David

Exit40
Supporting Member

Postby Exit40 on Fri Mar 24, 2017 6:19 am

Erdogan Prediction of European Peril Prompts EU to Summon Envoy
by Jonathan Stearns March 23, 2017, 8:59 AM PDT
Turkish president warns that Europeans won’t be safe anywhere
Comments are made on same day four people killed in London

Turkey's President Recep Tayyip Erdogan. Photographer: Murat Cetinmuhurdar/Presidential Press Service/ Pool via AP
The European Union summoned Turkey’s ambassador to the bloc after Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan warned about the safety of Europeans around the world.

Faruk Kaymakci, the Turkish permanent representative to the 28-nation EU, was due to meet Thomas Mayr-Harting, managing director in charge of Turkey at the European External Action Service, in Brussels on Thursday afternoon over the controversy.

On Wednesday Erdogan said “Turkey isn’t a country that can be pushed around” by the EU and, “if you continue to act like this, tomorrow no European, no Westerner, will be able to step out into the streets anywhere in the world with security or in peace.” He was speaking to the Anatolian Publishers Association on the same day that four people in London were killed in the city’s worst terrorist attack in more than a decade.

“We would like to receive an explanation with regard to the comments by President Erdogan concerning the safety of Europeans on the streets in the world,” Maja Kocijancic, EU spokeswoman for foreign affairs, told reporters on Thursday in Brussels....

Continues

God Bless

David

Exit40
Supporting Member

Postby Exit40 on Sat Mar 25, 2017 6:44 am

Flynn discussed how to 'whisk' away cleric wanted by Turkey: report
BY MEGAN R. WILSON - 03/24/17 04:12 PM EDT 244

Michael Flynn, President Trump’s former national security adviser, reportedly discussed ways to take a man wanted by the Turkish government out of the United States without going through the legal extradition process, according to The Wall Street Journal.

The conversation, which took place during the presidential race while Flynn was serving as an unpaid adviser to Trump, centered around Turkish cleric Fethullah Gulen.

The Turkish government has long wanted to take custody of Gulen, 75, who has been exiled in Pennsylvania since 1999.

Among other things, Turkey blames him for orchestrating the deadly and unsuccessful military coup against Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan last year. The country has pressed the U.S. for his extradition.

The Journal report cites former CIA Director James Woolsey, who attended the meeting with Flynn and high-level Turkish officials, and others with details on what happened. Woolsey and the sources said the ideas that were discussed for dealing with Gulen were hypothetical....

However, one plan was “a covert step in the dead of night to whisk this guy away,” Woolsey told the Journal. He said he had walked into the middle of the conversation and reportedly “found the topic startling and the actions being discussed possibly illegal.”...

Continues

God Bless

David

Exit40
Supporting Member

Postby Exit40 on Sun Mar 26, 2017 5:45 am

Turkey’s foreign ministry has reportedly summoned Switzerland’s deputy ambassador to Ankara following protests in Bern.
last updated: 26/03/2017

Around 250 people gathered in front of parliament in the Swiss capital on Saturday to rally against President Erdogan.

They also called for a ‘‘No’‘ vote in Turkey’s upcoming referendum, which could give the Turkish leader sweeping new powers.

“We are afraid when we arrive at the airport in Turkey. We’re afraid that we’ll be arrested or questioned by the Turkish authorities under false accusations,” one man protesting in Bern said.

The demonstration was organised by several Kurdish groups and is also said to have included members of the outlawed PKK group....

Snip ... Erdogan has vowed to review ties with Europe and earlier on Saturday he also said he might hold another referendum on whether to continue EU accession talks....

Continues

God Bless

David

Exit40
Supporting Member

Postby Exit40 on Mon Mar 27, 2017 6:24 am

Recep Tayyip Erdogan: Turkey could end decades-long EU bid because we are ‘no one’s whipping boy’
Comment comes after prime minister’s suggestion that all political and administrative links with European Union are up for review following April constitutional referendum
Bethan McKernan Beirut 4 hours ago
Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan has said that Turkey could hold another referendum on whether to continue talks on accession to the EU after the nationwide vote on constitutional reform next month which could give him sweeping new powers.

“Right now we are holding a referendum on April 16, and after that we could choose to do a second one on the [EU] accession talks, and we would abide by whatever our people would say there,” Erdogan told reporters in the southern city of Antalya on Saturday.

The suggestion comes amid highly strained relations with several EU member states.

Continues

God Bless

David

Exit40
Supporting Member

Postby Exit40 on Wed Mar 29, 2017 5:27 am

Top Turkish bank executive arrested in multimillion-dollar pro-Iran bank fraud
Published March 28, 2017 FoxNews.com

A senior executive at one of Turkey’s most established state-owned banks was arrested in the United States on Monday in connection with a scheme to evade trade sanctions on nuclear Iran -- ramping up political strains between the U.S. and Turkey.

Mehmet Hakan Atilla, a deputy chief executive officer at Turkiye Halk Bankasi AS, is being accused of shady dealings with Reza Zarrab, an Iranian-Turkish gold trader, to launder hundreds of millions of dollars on behalf of Iran and Iranian companies through the U.S. financial system.

It was unclear whether Atilla hired lawyers for his defense, Reuters reported....

Snip ... As part of this plan, Atilla and Zarrab duped several U.S. banks into processing transactions through fake invoices and front companies, according to investigators. To make the transactions seem like they were humanitarian immunities to the sanctions, they were often disguised to appear as though they involved food, prosecutors added....

Continues

**** You may remember years ago Turkey was suspected of transaction using gold in violation of the Iran sanctions, years prior to the current Iran deal. Here are the prime suspects in that multi million dollar scheme, both arrested in the US. And this is one of the immigration/visa issues that allowed them to come to the US instead of being blocked at their home nation. Sometimes the Law takes a while to work, but it does work . D ****

God Bless

David

Exit40
Supporting Member

Postby Exit40 on Wed Mar 29, 2017 5:43 am

Are some U.S. charter schools helping fund controversial Turkish cleric's movement?
By MARGARET BRENNAN, JENNIFER JANISCH CBS NEWS March 29, 2017, 7:00 AM

As Secretary of State Rex Tillerson travels to Turkey on Thursday, he’ll want to talk about the fight against ISIS. But the Turks want to talk about a controversial Turkish religious scholar: Fethullah Gulen.

Turkish President Recep Erdogan accuses Gulen of being behind a bloody coup attempt in the country last July. Gulen, who lives in the United States, denies he was involved. Now the Turkish government is also lobbying the Trump administration to extradite Gulen back to Turkey.

Over the past two decades, Gulen’s Turkish followers have opened up taxpayer-funded charter schools in the U.S. Some parents have expressed concern about the connection to the Gulen movement, while others don’t seem to mind. But CBS News has learned the FBI is investigating whether Gulen’s followers have skimmed money from those schools in order to fund his movement in Turkey. A senior State Department official believes Gulen-linked charities and educational institutions in the U.S. look “a lot like the ways in which organized crime sets itself up... to hide money for money laundering.”...

Continues

**** This could be another case to the law taking it's time to work. If the allegations are true, Gulen could be detained here in the US instead of being extradited. At his age he likely will not see Turkey, nor prison though. The issues will be his extradition and how Turkey responds to any decision about him. D. ****

God Bless

David

Exit40
Supporting Member

Postby Exit40 on Wed Mar 29, 2017 5:52 am

GERMANY AND TURKEY ACCUSE ONE ANOTHER OF SUPPORTING TERRORISM AND USING NAZI STRATEGIES
BY TOM O'CONNOR ON 3/28/17 AT 4:26 PM

A top left-wing German politician accused Turkey's President Recep Tayyip Erdogan of supporting terrorism in Europe Monday, escalating the diplomatic spat between Berlin and Ankara.

Sahra Wagenknecht, deputy chairperson of the German Left Party and head of its parliamentary committee, called Erdogan the "godfather of terrorism" and said his government has attempted to garner international support for an upcoming constitutional referendum by gathering votes of its nationals abroad in European countries such as Germany and the Netherlands. Wagenknecht likened Ankara's strategy to Nazi Germany as it established backing for its fascist ideals in the first half of the 20th century, according to German newspaper Frankfurter Allgemeine Zeitung.

“Namely, it seeks to install [Turkish] minorities in other countries in order to pursue [Turkey’s] own violence-based policy, own geopolitics as well as its own policy of suppression there,” she said at an event at the German parliament, as cited by RT....

Continues

**** Turkey is at odds with many EU nations, including Greece and Bulgaria on it's borders. Yet it's relations with muslim nations is improving, with the exception of Egypt, which seems to be in a holding pattern right now. Relations with Israel have improved since the agreement on teh Mavi Marmara incident, but how long will that last ? I can't help but think there is a ticking clock on this one, but who knows when it will come to it's time. D. ****

God Bless

David

Exit40
Supporting Member

Postby Exit40 on Wed Mar 29, 2017 5:56 am

Turkey's spy agency 'targeting its citizens in Germany' as expatriates warned of possible reprisals if they return
By Melanie Hall 28 MARCH 2017 • 11:38PM

Hundreds of expatriate Turks living in Germany have reportedly been warned by German authorities that Turkey is spying on them – and that possible reprisals await them if they set foot on Turkish territory.

Turkey's spy agency has compiled a dossier of hundreds of alleged supporters of exiled Muslim cleric Fethullah Gülen who are living in Germany, which it then passed to Germany’s foreign intelligence chief, according to the Süddeutsche Zeitung newspaper.

The list contains names, addresses, telephone numbers and photos taken secretly using surveillance cameras, the newspaper reported....

Snip ... "We are horrified about how openly Turkey has revealed that it is spying on Turks living here,” sources in the German security services told the newspaper....

Continues

God Bless

David

Exit40
Supporting Member

Postby Exit40 on Thu Mar 30, 2017 7:07 am

US hails Turkey as 'a trusted ally' in Ankara talks
22 minutes ago

US Secretary of State Rex Tillerson has described Turkey as a trusted ally after meeting its leaders in Ankara.
His visit comes amid worsening relations between the two Nato allies.

Speaking after meeting his Turkish counterpart Mevlut Cavusoglu, Mr Tillerson said the US wanted strong links between the two countries.

They are at odds over US backing for Kurdish fighters in Syria and Turkish demands for Washington to extradite anti-government cleric Fethullah Gulen.

"In the United States, the people of Turkey have a trusted ally and a partner who is committed to its safety and security, and advancing economic opportunity," Mr Tillerson said....

Continues

God Bless

David

Exit40
Supporting Member

Postby Exit40 on Thu Mar 30, 2017 7:17 am

Turkey referendum: The ultranationalists who could sway Erdogan vote
By Selin Girit BBC News, Istanbul 6 hours ago

"They all talk about Mr Erdogan. What if I am the country's next president?" Meral Aksener asks.

A former interior minister and a high-profile name in Turkish politics for over two decades, 60-year-old Ms Aksener has now emerged as one of the leading figures of the No campaign in Turkey's upcoming referendum and a possible challenger to President Recep Tayyip Erdogan.

In Turkey's closely-contested 16 April referendum, voters will decide whether to change the constitution to establish a presidential system and grant the president further executive powers.

Meral Aksener's far-right Nationalist Movement Party (MHP) may be the smallest party in parliament but it may also hold the key to the president's ambitions....

Continues

God Bless

David

Exit40
Supporting Member

Postby Exit40 on Thu Mar 30, 2017 7:34 am

17:03 30/03/2017 REGION
Fethullah Gülen, enemy of Turkish authorities, moving to Canada

U.S.-based Turkish cleric Fethullah Gülen, Head of the ‘Gülen community’ classified as a terrorist group by the Turkish authorities plans to move to Canada.

As Panorama.am was informed from Ermenihaber news agency, the mentioned information has been provided by the recent report submitted to the Turkish Government by the Turkish Intelligence Service. According to the report, Gülen has assigned his supporters to sell his property in Pennsylvania as soon as possible to this end....

Continues

**** Questionable source here, but there are plenty of reports out there that suggest this possibility. This may be part of the 'official' dialogue that Gulen is complicit in the coup attempt, as well as the head of the deep state shadow govt. D. ****

God Bless

David

Exit40
Supporting Member

Postby Exit40 on Fri Mar 31, 2017 8:27 am

US accepts terrorist PKK and YPG are one: FM Cavusoglu
It makes no sense to cooperate with one terrorist group -- the PKK/YPG -- to fight another, says Turkey's foreign minister
By Esra Kaymak Avci ANKARA 30.03.2017

Addressing a longstanding thorn in Turkish-U.S. ties, Turkey’s foreign minister Thursday stated that Washington is coming to agreement with Turkey’s view that the terrorist PKK and its Syria wing, the YPG, are indistinguishable.

“The U.S. government and related soldiers, including the institutions, accept that there is no difference between the YPG and PKK," despite the previous American administration's support for the former, Mevlut Cavusoglu told reporters in Ankara, alongside visiting U.S. Secretary of State Rex Tillerson.

"The PKK is on the terrorist [group] list but we have seen it [the U.S.] cooperating with the YPG in Syria in the past and unfortunately we have seen that the previous [U.S.] administration has supported the YPG," Cavusoglu told a joint news conference after meeting Tillerson, paying his first visit to Turkey as the U.S.’ top diplomat....

Snip ... However, when asked whether U.S. support for the YPG would continue, Tillerson -- a former oil industry executive with no background in diplomacy -- stuck to generalities, saying only that he discussed with Turkish officials how stability in Syria could be achieved and how the local people could return to their homes....

Continues

God Bless

David

Exit40
Supporting Member

Postby Exit40 on Tue Apr 04, 2017 6:32 am

As Euphrates Shield comes to an end, Erdoğan says Turkey will launch new anti-terror ops in spring
DAILY SABAH ISTANBUL Published 12 hours ago

President Recep Tayyip Erdoğan said on Monday that Turkey is now preparing for new anti-terror operations elsewhere in the region against terrorist groups after completing the first stage of Operation Euphrates Shield.

Addressing crowds in northeastern Trabzon province during the opening ceremony for a new city park, Erdoğan said that Turkey was planning to launch new anti-terror operations in different regions near the border to drive terrorist groups such as the PKK, the People's Protection Units (YPG) and Daesh out of the country.

"Turkey has nice surprises for [these] terrorist groups in the upcoming months. We will turn spring into a dark winter for terrorists," he said.

On March 29, Ankara declared that Operation Euphrates Shield, which was launched on Aug. 24 to secure Turkey's southern border, "successfully came to an end."...

Conrtinues

God Bless

David

Exit40
Supporting Member

Postby Exit40 on Wed Apr 05, 2017 6:54 am

Anger in Ankara over Iraqi Kurdish independence moves
Author Semih Idiz Posted April 4, 2017

Attempts by the Kurdistan Regional Government (KRG) in Iraq to expand its territory, while inching its way toward independence, may augur more difficulties for Turkey in a region where it already faces multiple problems.

Amicable ties with the KRG — one of the few friends Turkey has left in the region — remain important for Ankara and ensure measured Turkish responses to such moves by Erbil, the capital of Iraqi Kurdistan.

Given the antipathy Turkish nationalists have for all things Kurdish, however, the situation could spin out of control with unexpected developments on the ground, leaving Ankara with yet another hostile neighbor on its borders.

The first signs of potential crisis between Ankara and Erbil came when the Kurdish-dominated provincial council in the oil-rich city of Kirkuk decided, as part of this year’s Nowruz celebrations, to raise the Kurdish flag alongside the Iraqi flag over the city’s historic citadel and other official institutions.

This alarmed Turkey, where nationalist sensitivities prevail when it comes to Kirkuk, which is widely believed to be a historic Turkmen city even if its demography was altered by the Kurds after the US invasion of Iraq in 2003.

Turkish nationalist lore also says Kirkuk was unfairly pried away from Turkey after World War I by the great powers. The feeling that it belongs by right to Turkey continues to be pervasive....

Read more: http://www.al-monitor.com/pulse/origina ... z4dNoLdlXX

God Bless

David

Exit40
Supporting Member

Postby Exit40 on Wed Apr 05, 2017 6:56 am

Erdogan: Take down the Kurdish flag in Kirkuk or pay a price
By Rudaw 19 hours ago

ERBIL, Kurdistan Region - Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan warned Kirkuk is not Kurdish alone, but also Turkmen and Arab, and that if the Kurdistan flag is not taken down in the city, a price will be paid.

“Hoisting the second flag in Kirkuk is a mistake. It is hypocrisy for those who did this thing in the Provincial Council,” Erdogan said on Tuesday in the province of Zonguldak when addressing his supporters at a rally campaigning for the April 16 referendum on amendments to the country’s constitution.

Erdogan “warns them that Kirkuk is not a Kurdish city alone but a Kurdish Turkmen and Arab city.”

“I call upon the Kurdish administration in northern Iraq to review the decision,” he said. “If the flag is not lowered, a heavy price will be paid.”...

Continues

God Bless

David

Exit40
Supporting Member

Postby Exit40 on Thu Apr 06, 2017 6:13 am

The Looming End To The Western-Turkish Alliance
04/05/2017 03:10 pm ET | Updated 17 hours ago
MURAD SEZER / REUTERS

The growing tension between Turkey and its Western allies, which was further heightened during the Obama administration, is narrowing the space for cooperation between the two sides and in fact is progressively worsening. Erdogan’s hope that he and President Trump would improve their ties as members of NATO has dramatically diminished. Washington and the EU still deeply disagree with Ankara on a host of issues, which are unlikely to be resolved on a mutually gainful basis any time in the foreseeable future.

Turkey’s growing retreat from Western values may have already reached a point of no return. Erdogan has removed Turkey from the Western orbit and set the alliance on a collision course. The falling-out is attributed to the following troubling developments over the past several years.

The most daunting disagreement between the U.S./EU and Turkey is Erdogan’s systematic destruction of every democratic pillar in his country, including gross human rights violations, closing major media outlets, jailing scores of journalists, and forcefully quelling peaceful demonstrations. In particular, Erdogan exploited the July 2016 attempted military coup to incarcerate tens of thousands of educators, judges, military personnel, lawyers, and anyone else he chose to accuse of plotting against the government. Sadly, the West’s public reaction to Erdogan’s onslaught on human rights was largely underplayed out of concerns that Turkey is still an ally and actively involved in the fight against ISIS.

In this fight, the U.S. from the start has backed the Syrian Kurds and provided its militia (the PYD) with money and military equipment. Whereas the PYD has proven to be outstanding fighters in the battle against ISIS, Erdogan views them as a terrorist organization which is collaborating with the military arm of the Turkish Kurds’ Kurdistan Workers Party (PKK). Erdogan has threatened that he would not allow the U.S. to access Turkey’s Incirlik Air Base if the US continues to support the PYD and prevent the Turkish army from active participation in the fight to retake Raqqa, which would have allowed Ankara to establish a permanent presence in Syria. What irks the U.S. is that instead of focusing on defeating ISIS, Erdogan is fighting the U.S.’s ally (the PYD) which undermines the coalition’s efforts to defeat ISIS....

Continues

God Bless

David

Exit40
Supporting Member

Postby Exit40 on Sun Apr 09, 2017 5:23 am

Erdogan draws huge crowd in Istanbul ahead of key vote
Turkish president urges supporters at massive rally to vote in April 16 referendum on expanding presidential powers.
Umut Uras TURKEY 19 HOURS AGO

Istanbul, Turkey - Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan has rallied hundreds of thousands of supporters in a gathering in Istanbul, days before a milestone referendum that seeks to grant his office extended powers.

If adopted, constitutional changes proposed in the April 16 referendum will be transform Turkey from a parliamentary system to an executive presidency, significantly expanding the powers of the presidential office.

"At this point it is not enough for us to adopt the constitutional changes. We have a much bigger responsibility," Erdogan told cheering supporters.

"Istanbul should say 'Yes' in such a way that the hearts of all who look at the Turkish nation in a malicious way should tremble, starting from the ones who defiled this holy city 99 years ago," he said, referring to the war fought against occupying European powers after the World War I....

Continues

God Bless

David

Exit40
Supporting Member

Postby Exit40 on Sun Apr 09, 2017 5:27 am

President Erdoğan urges Russia to stop supporting Assad regime
DAILY SABAH WITH ANADOLU AGENCY
ISTANBUL Published 17 hours ago

President Recep Tayyip Erdoğan asked Russia to reconsider its support for the Syrian regime Saturday, following a chemical weapons attack in Idlib earlier in the week and the U.S.'s military action in response.

Speaking in a live broadcast on Turkish broadcaster Kanal 24, Erdoğan said that Turkish forensic reports, radar reviews and other assessments showed that the Assad regime was responsible for the attack.

"It is our hope that this will not be limited to the U.S. action," Erdoğan said while speaking about responding to the Khan Shaykhun attack as well as the broader Syrian conflict.

"We hope that Russia gets involved as well -- that at least they stop defending [Bashar al-] Assad," Erdoğan said.

Erdoğan said he welcomed Moscow's recent statement that "unconditional support is not possible" to the Syrian regime....

Continues

God Bless

David

Exit40
Supporting Member

Postby Exit40 on Mon Apr 10, 2017 7:10 am

Europe going crazy over proposed executive presidency in Turkey: Erdoğan
İZMİR Monday,April 10 2017, Your time is 7:02:05 AM

European countries are going crazy over the proposed executive presidency in Turkey which will go to a public vote on April 16, President Recep Tayyip Erdoğan said April 9.

“You have seen what happened in Europe. Why did they go crazy? Why did they go berserk? They saw what this system will bring Turkey. Turkey is leaping, growing. This makes them go crazy,” Erdoğan said at a rally in the western province of İzmir.

“I expect a serious explosion of votes in Europe” because the Turks on the continent are “oppressed and humiliated,” he said.

Europe “will pay for what they have been doing,” Erdoğan said, reiterating that Ankara would reconsider Turkey’s EU membership bid will be after the April 16 referendum.

“But our people will also ask for it; the time is coming. We will make them pay the price after April 16,” the president said....

Continues

God Bless

David

Exit40
Supporting Member

Postby Exit40 on Thu Apr 13, 2017 7:15 am

Turkey Sees No Need for Cyprus to Approve Israel Gas Pipeline
by David Wainer
April 13, 2017, 4:22 AM PDT
Gas talks don’t depend on reaching Cyprus peace deal: official
Turkey-Israel talks heat up after recent reconciliation
A Turkey-Israel gas pipeline deal could be built through Cyprus’ economic waters even without Cypriot consent, a Turkish official said, dismissing what some experts see as a key obstacle to an energy deal between the two Mediterranean countries.

Cyprus can’t block a gas pipeline from Israel to Turkey, and gas talks with Israel don’t hinge on attempts to reach a peace deal in Cyprus, the Turkish official said, requesting anonymity because the matter is sensitive. A pipeline bringing gas from Israel’s Leviathan field to Turkey would need to pass through Cyprus’s Exclusive Economic Zone and the Cypriots would be informed about the plans, but international maritime law allows the pipeline to be laid even without Cyprus’s consent, he said.

Israel and Turkey patched up ties recently after years of diplomatic estrangement and are eager to advance an energy deal that would help transform Israel into a gas exporter and bolster Turkey as a key gas hub in the region....

Continues

God Bless

David

Exit40
Supporting Member

Postby Exit40 on Sat Apr 15, 2017 6:43 am

FETO probe launched into some US bureaucrats
Former CIA Director Brennan and New York Senator Schumer are among the suspects
By Muhammed Enes Can ISTANBUL 15.04.2017

The Chief Public Prosecutor’s Office in Istanbul has launched a probe into 17 individuals including US politicians, bureaucrats and academics, who are suspected of being linked to the Fetullah Terrorist Organization (FETO).

The decision comes after some Turkish attorneys filed a criminal complaint against the individuals.

The suspects have been accused of attempting to overthrow the Turkish government and the country’s constitution and being members of a terror organization.

Former CIA Director John O. Brennan, New York Senator Chuck Schumer, US attorney for the Southern District of New York Preet Bharara, Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC) President David Cohen and Henri Barkey, Director of the Middle East Program at Wilson Center are among the suspects.

The prosecutor's office is investigating July 15 and July 17 meetings of the suspects in Istanbul, their entries to Turkey and suspected links to other FETO suspects.

Speeches and social media messages related to FETO made by the suspects have also been included in the investigation.

The Istanbul office may apply Interpol to issue a red notice against those individuals abroad....

Continues

**** There are plenty of US Federal, State,and local politicians who accepted trips to Turkey under the sponsored auspices of the Gulen organization, now called FETO. Schumer and Brennan are biggies, but jsut the tip of this iceberg. D. ****

God Bless

David

Exit40
Supporting Member

Postby Exit40 on Sat Apr 15, 2017 6:46 am

Erdogan rejects regime shift after referendum
Turkish president says nearly all polls predict 'Yes' result in Sunday's referendum
ANKARA 14.04.2017
Erdogan rejects regime shift after referendum

President Recep Tayyip Erdogan on Friday rejected claims of a regime change after Sunday's referendum on constitutional amendments.

"In my 40 years of political life, I have had no such claims to change the regime," Erdogan said in an interview aired live on state-broadcaster TRT.

He said the debates on regime change in the country ended in 1923, when Mustafa Kemal Ataturk established modern Turkey as a republic....

Continues

God Bless

David

Exit40
Supporting Member

Postby kirthril on Mon Apr 17, 2017 12:15 am

Turkey approves presidential system in tight referendum

ISTANBUL

Some 51.3 percent of the more than 58 million Turkish voters said “yes” to the ruling Justice and Development Party’s (AKP) constitutional amendment package in a tight race to decide on whether to shift to an executive presidential system.

The gap between the two votes stood at around 1.3 million according to midnight figures by the state-run Anadolu Agency. The turnout exceeded 84 percent.

The approval of the amendment package - which was backed by the Nationalist Movement Party (MHP) and opposed by the main opposition Republican People’s Party (CHP) and the Peoples’ Democratic Party (HDP), the third largest party in parliament - means an administrative shift will take place in 2019 if no early elections are held.

However, the ruling party is expected to call for President Recep Tayyip Erdoğan to return to lead the AKP, something that was officially forbidden in the former system due to the constitutional impartiality of the president.

The most debated change in the 18-article package was the granting of executive powers to the elected president, who can pick his cabinet ministers from outside parliament.

Accordingly, the parliamentary and presidential elections will be held on the same day every five years.

continues:
http://www.hurriyetdailynews.com/turkey ... sCatID=338
"It is not who I am...But what I do that defines me" -Batman, Batman Begins
kirthril

PreviousNext

Return to Prophecy Debate Area