Turkey : Part Tres :)

(heavily moderated)

Re: Turkey : Part Tres :)

Postby kirthril on Mon Apr 17, 2017 12:20 am

Turkey’s divisive referendum: Anatolia vs the metropolis

Turkey’s most important referendum that resulted in a shift to an executive presidency produced a major controversy with both “yes” and “no” camps claiming victory because the results were so close and the latter announcing that it would issue complaints about the irregularities during the voting and counting processes.

However, the results that were publicized by Anadolu Agency after almost all ballot boxes were counted displayed a narrow win for the large coalition consisting of President Recep Tayyip Erdoğan, the ruling Justice and Development Party (AKP), the Nationalist Movement Party (MHP) and some minor political parties.

In spite of their expectations for a meaningful majority – meaning above at least 55 percent of votes – the constitutional amendment package only received slightly more than the required simple majority, leaving a politically and sociologically divided nation behind.

Here are some initial thoughts about the picture drawn by Sunday’s polls:

A permanent division: An initial analysis of the results displays that a good majority of western towns of the country, including the three big metropolises – Istanbul, Ankara and İzmir – as well as fourth and fifth biggest cities, Adana and Antalya, have voted against changing Turkey’s nearly century-old parliamentary system.

In spite of that, almost all Anatolian cities – except for the predominantly Kurdish southeastern region – voted in favor of amendments that will help Erdoğan expand his powers.

continues:
http://www.hurriyetdailynews.com/turkey ... sCatID=429

This is of interesting note. This is almost the exact opposite of what happened here in America. For turkey, the largest cities (where the wealthy and educated are concentrated) voted against giving Erdogan more power, while the smaller cities/towns/rural areas (poorer areas and less educated) voted in favor...

Here in America, the rural areas/smaller cities voted against government power by going against the establishment.
"It is not who I am...But what I do that defines me" -Batman, Batman Begins
kirthril

Postby kirthril on Tue Apr 18, 2017 12:54 am

1,000s protest Turkey referendum results as Erdogan tells European observers to ‘know your place’

Published time: 18 Apr, 2017 05:11

Edited time: 18 Apr, 2017 05:15

Thousands of people took to the streets of Istanbul to protest the results of the referendum that extended powers of Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan. Meanwhile, Erdogan celebrated his anticipated victory, telling international observers not to interfere.

The crowd of angry demonstrators chanting “No, we won,” numbering some 1,000 people, marched through Istanbul’s neighborhood of Besiktas on Monday evening. As the activists proceeded through narrow alleys the locals cheered at them, with some hurling flowers in support.

A large banner reading “No has won” was spread by the activists, who claim the referendum was effectively rigged by the government, which introduced changes to the voting procedure as the referendum was about to commence...

continues:
https://www.rt.com/news/385115-turkey-p ... m-erdogan/

Some important snippets from article:

“First, know your place. We won’t see or hear the politically motivated reports you prepare,” Erdogan said
“For 54 years, what did they make us do at the EU’s door? Wait!”
“The crusader mentality in the West and its servants at home have attacked us,”

add this to his recent comments of "making Europe pay" for "mistreatment" of turks in the EU. Anyone now doubt where one of the next great threats to western civilization is now coming from?

Erdogan with his anti-EU rhetoric, push to reinstate the death penalty, and his assault on Turkish democracy has essentially slammed the door for EU membership. With his desire to bring back Grand Turkey and live the Ottoman dream, a new alliance will turkey join.
kirthril

Postby kirthril on Wed Apr 19, 2017 7:18 am

Absolutely Amazing Prophecy Fulfilling: Erdogan Of Turkey Brings Back The Ottoman Scepter That Signifies The Tenth Horn Prophesied In The Book Of The Apocalypse

By Shoebat Foundation on April 18, 2017 in Featured, General, Highlight

By Walid Shoebat

After Erdogan won his referendum to have complete control over Turkey, the first thing he did was to return and unveil the Ottoman scepter that should not have departed from the first Ottoman Sultan until Erdogan had come. Erdogan is mimicking a Messiah. To Erdogan, the Muslim messiah, he is whom this scepter rightfully belongs.

To bring and unveil the diadem of Selim I, the tenth horn of the Islamic Empire, is a significant symbol.

Allow me to explain so that a westerner comprehends the significance. According to the Daily Sabah, Erdogan’s mouthpiece in the Arab world, this scepter, in the form of a turban with a diadem, was hidden from the public eye in a museum after Fethullah Gulen attempted to smuggle it to the U.S., in order to return later to Turkey to reclaim the Caliphate for himself after the ousting of Erdogan.

The fight over the symbolic scepter ended up capturing the smugglers at the airport in Istanbul and was hidden secretly by Erdogan, awaiting the moment for his Ottoman resurrection on April 15th, 2017. He then veiled it over the tomb of Selim I and kept the matter secret. When his victory was complete, the first thing Erdogan did was rush to the tomb of Selim I and unveil the diadem (silk turban) which was positioned on the grave to signify the Ottoman resurrection from the dead.

This is very significant. Selim I was the tenth horn (king) with a diadem. Erdogan wants to proclaim that he is the rightful owner, being the eleventh (more on that later).

continues:
http://shoebat.com/2017/04/18/absolutel ... pocalypse/

I'll also put this in the "news" section in case this can be considered prophetic news.

So the first thing Erdogan does after winning his referendum is unveil the Crown of the Sultan which had lay in secrecy till now. His ambition is no clear for all to see. Welcome, to the Ottoman Ressurrection...
kirthril

Postby Exit40 on Wed Apr 19, 2017 7:59 am

kirthril wrote:
So the first thing Erdogan does after winning his referendum is unveil the Crown of the Sultan which had lay in secrecy till now. His ambition is no clear for all to see. Welcome, to the Ottoman Ressurrection...

And practically nothing is said in the West. It will be a surprise when it really happens, and even then most will not believe.

God Bless You

David
Eph 2:8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God

T'was Grace that taught my heart to fear.
And Grace, my fears relieved.
How precious did that Grace appear
The hour I first believed.
Exit40
Supporting Member

Postby kirthril on Sat Apr 22, 2017 9:41 am

Sub Categories: » HOMEPAGE / TURKEY/ POLITICS
Saturday,April 22 2017, Your time is ‎12‎:‎33‎:‎30‎ ‎PM

Top court, Council of State have no option but to reject CHP’s appeal: Turkish justice minister

ANKARA

Justice Minister Bekir Bozdağ has said that Turkey’s Constitutional Court and the Council of State have no option but to reject the main opposition Republican People’s Party’s (CHP) appeal to annul the Supreme Election Board’s (YSK) decision that changed the legal criteria of the validity of unsealed ballots on referendum day.

“The duty of examining all corruptions, objections and complaints regarding election issues and make a final decision about them belongs to the Supreme Election Board. No appeals can be made against the YSK decision to any court or authority, including the Council of State and Constitutional Court,” Bozdağ tweeted on April 22, as he added that if an appeal is made “despite the aforementioned fact, then the courts have no option but to reject them.”

The YSK decision to accept unstamped ballot papers “unless it can be proved that they were brought from outside the voting room” sparked a major debate on the results of the referendum, in which the “yes” campaign emerged as the winner with 51.4 percent of the votes.

continues:
http://www.hurriyetdailynews.com/top-co ... sCatID=338

The issue here is akin to the Bush election regarding the Florida voting mishaps and the controversy surrounding that. But unlike America which spent months investigating the discrepancies in Florida regarding the ballots, the Turkish judicial system flat out refuses to investigate any potential irregularities in the ballots despite extremely valid claims by the opposition as to why, for this particular election, unstamped ballot papers were allowed to be counted when at any other time they would not be...

rigged election? Questionable voting practices? The sitting authorities are all to quick to sweep this under the rug. I feel a tad sorry for the CHP, they are facing a beast, and they aren't going to be able to stop it.
kirthril

Postby Exit40 on Mon Apr 24, 2017 6:47 am

Reactions mount against French researcher Defarges who called for Erdoğan’s assassination
DAILY SABAH ISTANBUL Published 7 hours ago

Philippe Moreau Defarges, a researcher at French Institute of International Relations (IFRI) has been criticized by many intellectuals and journalists after he called for assassination of President Recep Tayyip Erdoğan during a TV program after Turkey's presidential referendum that resulted in a 'Yes' vote.

The scandalous remarks of the Defarges, aired on French broadcaster BFM, also suggested that a civil war would be another option to assassinating Turkey's president.

Gülnur Aybet, a senior adviser to the President said in a tweet "Former French diplomat openly calls for assassination of President Erdoğan. IFRI should terminate his fellowship, apologise."...

Snip ... However, Defarges said he apologizes for hurting certain people by his remarks, not for saying Erdoğan should be killed.

"I want to express my deepest sadness and sincerely apology to the people and groups I might have hurt. My words are not binding to IFRI in any way and are completely personal," his tweet read....

Continues

God Bless

David
Last edited by Exit40 on Mon Apr 24, 2017 6:56 am, edited 2 times in total.
Eph 2:8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God

Exit40
Supporting Member

Postby Exit40 on Mon Apr 24, 2017 6:54 am

‘I am called a dictator because I spoke up against tyrants,’ says Erdoğan
ISTANBUL Monday,April 24 2017, Your time is 6:48:28 AM

President Recep Tayyip Erdoğan has said the reason why he is called a dictator by some members of the international community is because he speaks up against tyrants, repeating his messages of solidarity and unity against ongoing wars in the Muslim world.

“How can one who does not listen to the voices of millions of Muslim children who have been killed in Syria regard himself a follower of the Prophet?” Erdoğan said at a ceremony marking the birth of Prophet Muhammed on April 22....

Snip ...“If we believe that we are a valuable ummah among the people, then we have to do what is necessary. We have to take our steps according to this. How long will we watch? Are we able to share our one cup of soup with them? Can we present this to them? We cannot afford to be negligible anymore. We have to do what is necessary,” he added....

Continues

God Bless

David

Exit40
Supporting Member

Postby Exit40 on Mon Apr 24, 2017 7:04 am

Why did Erdogan meet secretly with prominent American figures?
Staff writer, Al Arabiya EnglishSunday, 23 April 2017

Turkish president Recep Tayyip Erdogan reportedly had a secret meeting with Rudy Giuliani former New York mayor and Michael Mukasey, former Attorney General, to represent Istanbul businessman Reza Zarrab, as the man could be a potential bargaining chip in a national security deal with Turkey, Giuliani said in a court filing, reported New York Times late March.

Giuliani was hired recently, along with Michael Mukasey, to represent Zarrab who was accused of conspiring to process hundreds of millions of dollars' worth of financial transactions for Iranian businesses or Iran's government from 2010 to 2015. Zarrab, 33 was a central player in a massive 2013 corruption and bribery scandal in Turkey, though criminal charges were ultimately dropped. He is a famous personality in Turkey because he is married to Turkish pop star and TV personality Ebru Gundes.

Continues

God Bless

David

Exit40
Supporting Member

Postby Exit40 on Tue Apr 25, 2017 6:51 am

EU executive urges ‘redefinition’ of relations with Turkey
The EU warned Turkey of a review and possible ‘redefinition’ of ties after a referendum granted President Recep Tayyip Erdogan extra powers 25 April 2017, 8:20am

The European Union executive urged EU governments on Monday to consider changing its relationship with Turkey after a referendum that handed President Tayyip Erdogan sweeping powers put Ankara's stalled membership talks deeper into cold storage.

Enlargement Commissioner Johannes Hahn, who is responsible for negotiations with countries wanting to join the bloc, called on EU foreign ministers when they meet in Malta on Friday to consider a new format for relations with Turkey, one that could ease mutual frustrations and reinforce cooperation.

"The time has come for a thorough assessment of EU-Turkey relations and perhaps redefinition," Hahn said. “The current situation is not sustainable.”...

Continues

God Bless

David

Exit40
Supporting Member

Postby Exit40 on Wed Apr 26, 2017 6:34 am

Turkey Bombed U.S. Allies in Syria and Iraq. Washington Is 'Very Concerned'
Joseph Hincks
Apr 25, 2017
A series of Turkish airstrikes against U.S. allies in Syria and Iraq has provoked deep concern in Washington, CNN reports.

Mark Toner, acting State Department spokesman, told reporters Tuesday: "We are very concerned, deeply concerned, that Turkey conducted airstrikes earlier today in northern Syria as well as northern Iraq without proper coordination either with the United States or the broader global coalition to defeat ISIS."

The U.S. was given about one hour's advance notice of the Turkish strikes a senior U.S. defense official told CNN....

Continues

God Bless

David

Exit40
Supporting Member

Postby Exit40 on Wed Apr 26, 2017 6:41 am

Ankara notified US ‘weeks’ before airstrikes on Kurdish-held areas in Syria & Iraq – Turkish FM
Published time: 26 Apr, 2017 11:38
Edited time: 26 Apr, 2017 11:51

Ankara notified the US and international coalition of plans to strike Kurdish-held areas in Syria and Iraq “weeks” in advance, the Turkish foreign minister said. Washington claimed the operation was “not approved by the coalition” raising deep concerns.

The Turkish Air Force hit the respective areas on Tuesday, claiming that dozens of “terrorists” were killed. The targeted territories had been allegedly infiltrated by members of the Kurdistan Workers Party (PKK), which Turkey considers to be a terrorist group, according to Turkish Army statement. Local Kurdish militias the People's Protection Units (YPG) and Peshmerga, however, said the strikes had hit them instead, giving of a lower number of dead and wounded among fighters and civilians.

Yet the operation has not been kept secret from Moscow, Washington and the US-led coalition, as Turkey had notified all of the respective parties beforehand, according to Turkish FM Mehmet Cavusoglu....

Continues

God Bless

David
'
'

Exit40
Supporting Member

Postby Exit40 on Wed Apr 26, 2017 6:43 am

Erdogan slams Council of Europe decision to put Turkey on watchlist
Euronews last updated: 25/04/2017

It’s “entirely political” and we reject it. That from Turkey’s president after the Parliamentary Assembly of the Council of Europe, a leading human rights organisation, decided to put the country on a watch list.

Recep Tayyip Erdogan also says Ankara will reconsider its position on joining the EU if it’s kept waiting, and some member states remain hostile.

“With the latest developments, some are talking back and forth, saying the European Union will stop negotiations with Turkey and so on,” said Erdogan.

“If this understanding, if this mentality is real, then, of course, what will we do? We will revise the situation.”...

Continues

God Bless

David

Exit40
Supporting Member

Postby Exit40 on Thu Apr 27, 2017 6:34 am

Turkey’s Kurdish Agenda
By Dr. Binoy KampmarkGlobal Research, April 27, 2017

Any doubts that Turkey’s involvement in the conflict against Islamic State is purely symbolic were dispelled by a latest round of air strikes against Kurdish positions in northeast Syria and Iraq’s Sinjar region, killing at least 20 fighters. (The number from Ankara is a more inflated 70). Iraqi government officials were flawed by the action, infuriated by its audacity; the US State Department was troubled and confused.

“We are very concerned, deeply concerned,” claimed spokesman Mark Toner, “that Turkey conducted air strikes earlier today in northern Syria as well as northern Iraq without proper coordination with the United States or the broader global coalition to defeat IS.”[1] Toner also explained that such strikes “were not approved by the coalition and led to the unfortunate loss of life of our partner forces in the fight against” Islamic State.

The Pentagon seemed less troubled, concerned more with logistical error and plain bungling among coalition members.

“We don’t want our partners hitting other partners,” came a statement from a senior US defence official. “We’ve got to figure out exactly who got hit. We don’t know yet. We do know where the strikes were, but we don’t know exactly who is dead.”[2]

Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdoğan is very much on top of the world – his world, at least. On the home front, he continues a savage campaign against alleged coup plotters through mass detentions. He is beaming from the referendum results held this month that granted him new constitutional powers.

Refuting the suggestion that this latest round of belligerence was an act of introspective, isolated adventurism, he explained that,

“We shared this with the US and Russia and we are sharing it with Iraq as well. It is an operation that (Iraqi Kurdistan President Massoud) Barzani has been informed about.” Such an interpretation stretches the meaning of sharing, to say the least....

Continues

God Bless

David

Exit40
Supporting Member

Postby Exit40 on Thu Apr 27, 2017 6:40 am

Pentagon expands rebuke of Turkey over Iraq, Syria strikes
By Missy Ryan April 26 at 5:38 PM

The Turkish government gave the United States less than an hour’s notice before conducting strikes on partner forces in Iraq and Syria, the U.S. military said on Wednesday, stepping up its criticism of airstrikes the United States said endangered American personnel.

Col. John Dorrian, a U.S. military spokesman, said the lead time failed to provide adequate notice to reposition American forces or warn Kurdish groups with whom the United States is partnering against the Islamic States.

“That’s not enough time. And this was notification, certainly not coordination as you would expect from a partner and an ally in the fight against ISIS,” he said, using an acronym for the Islamic State.

American officials expressed indignation at the Turkish bombing, which killed as many as 20 Kurdish fighters in Syria and, according to the U.S. military, five Kurdish peshmerga troops in a coordinated attack across the border in northern Iraq....

Continues

God Bless

David

Exit40
Supporting Member

Postby Exit40 on Thu Apr 27, 2017 7:00 am

Turkey strikes PKK in Syria, Iraq for second day, responds to US criticism
ANKARA / WASHINGTON Thursday,April 27 2017, Your time is 6:55:32 AM

Turkey continued its strikes on outlawed Kurdistan Workers’ Party (PKK) targets in northern Iraq and the People’s Protection Units (YPG) in northern Syria for a second day on April 26, while also responding to criticism from the United States.

The Turkish Armed Forces said it hit PKK targets in the northern Iraqi region of Zap on April 26, state-run Anadolu Agency reported.

Six PKK militants, who were allegedly preparing an attack, were “neutralized” in the operation, according to the Turkish Armed Forces statement. Three shelters used by PKK militants were destroyed by the air strikes.

The military also stated late on April 26 that it “neutralized” another two militants in a separate air strike in the Zap region and destroyed a number of gun emplacements and sanctuaries.

Separately, mortar fire from an area assessed to be under the control of Syrian forces hit a military outpost in the southern province of Hatay, the Turkish army said, adding that it retaliated after the attack....

Continues

God Bless

David

Exit40
Supporting Member

Postby Exit40 on Wed May 03, 2017 3:23 pm

Turkey's President seeks to send Trump stern message on Syrian Kurds
By launching air strikes against Syrian Kurdish fighters and threatening more action, Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan is seeking to send a tough message to Donald Trump in the hope of bringing about a major U-turn in US Syria policy.
Published: 01.05.2017 Pulse News Agency International

By launching air strikes against Syrian Kurdish fighters and threatening more action, Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan is seeking to send a tough message to Donald Trump in the hope of bringing about a major U-turn in US Syria policy.

Turkey last week bombed targets of the Kurdish Peoples' Protection Units (YPG) in Syria, earning the wrath of its NATO ally Washington and on Sunday Erdogan warned more action could be imminent.

"We can come unexpectedly in the night," said Erdogan. "We are not going to tip off the terror groups and the Turkish Armed Forces could come at any moment."

The YPG has been seen by the United States as the best ally on the ground in the fight against Islamic State (IS) group jihadists in Syria and Trump has inherited a policy from Barack Obama of actively supporting the group....

Continues

God Bless

David

Exit40
Supporting Member

Previous

Return to Prophecy Debate Area