The Mark of the Beast

(heavily moderated)

The Mark of the Beast

Postby WOODHENOT3 on Wed Nov 11, 2020 10:26 am

I believe all christians will be here throughout the whole Great Tribulation. There are no scriptures detailing how long the MoB will happen... my question, "What's the point of the Trumpet judgments during the Great Tribulation if there is a MoB? You can't repent if you receive the Mark... Do you think possibly, the MoB is at the end of the Great Tribulation?
Think about it, you cannot witness people who received the MoB...somewhat, I don't see the Trumpet judgments during the MoB, it makes no sense to me. :humm:
In Christ Always,
Woody
WOODHENOT3

Re: The Mark of the Beast

Postby shorttribber on Wed Nov 11, 2020 10:56 am

I think that during any kind of MOB time, there would be a need for gospel preaching, to Keep People from taking the mark.
The Wisest men have changed their Counsels and Resolves upon second thoughts, much more upon experience, and approaching evils not at first discovered. Rev. Herbert Croft, 1675

Where no counsel is, the people fall: but in the multitude of counsellors there is safety.

Find seven years of tribulation plainly stated in the Bible.
shorttribber

Postby 4givenmuch on Wed Nov 11, 2020 11:10 am

Revelation does describe angels flying overhead warning people not to take the mark and then there are the 144K sharing the truth too.
Seek Humility!
4givenmuch
Supporting Member

Postby shorttribber on Wed Nov 11, 2020 11:13 am

4givenmuch wrote:Revelation does describe angels flying overhead warning people not to take the mark and then there are the 144K sharing the truth too.

About the 144,000, where is there any mention of them sharing or preaching the gospel?
The Wisest men have changed their Counsels and Resolves upon second thoughts, much more upon experience, and approaching evils not at first discovered. Rev. Herbert Croft, 1675

Where no counsel is, the people fall: but in the multitude of counsellors there is safety.

shorttribber

Postby WOODHENOT3 on Wed Nov 11, 2020 12:25 pm

shorttribber wrote:I think that during any kind of MOB time, there would be a need for gospel preaching, to Keep People from taking the mark.

Right, I've thought of that, but I think God will give people enough warnings to understand before the MoB does happen IMHO...like when the AC reveals, then we will know the MoB is also definitely coming. A lot of people I spoke to recently never heard of the MoB...
In Christ Always,
Woody
WOODHENOT3

Postby mark s on Wed Nov 11, 2020 12:30 pm

shorttribber wrote:
4givenmuch wrote:Revelation does describe angels flying overhead warning people not to take the mark and then there are the 144K sharing the truth too.

About the 144,000, where is there any mention of them sharing or preaching the gospel?

Matthew 10. That's where I see it.

Much love!
ειπεν αυτη ο ιησους εγω ειμι η αναστασις και η ζωη ο πιστευων εις εμε καν αποθανη ζησεται
. . . saying to her Jesus, I AM the resurrection and the life, the one believing into Me even dying shall live . . .
mark s

Postby WOODHENOT3 on Wed Nov 11, 2020 12:32 pm

How can they preach if they are in the wilderness for three and half years?
In Christ Always,
Woody
WOODHENOT3

Postby WOODHENOT3 on Wed Nov 11, 2020 12:51 pm

mark s wrote:
shorttribber wrote:

Matthew 10. That's where I see it.

Much love!

Hi Mark, I hope all is well...

I just read the whole chapter of Matthew 10, where do you see the 144K preaching? If you don't mind... thanks!
In Christ Always,
Woody
WOODHENOT3

Postby shorttribber on Wed Nov 11, 2020 3:40 pm

You beat me to that question Woody, was about to ask the same thing about Mathew 10

shorttribber

Postby WOODHENOT3 on Wed Nov 11, 2020 4:58 pm

shorttribber wrote:You beat me to that question Woody, was about to ask the same thing about Mathew 10

haha... love you bro!!
In Christ Always,
Woody
WOODHENOT3

Postby Mr Baldy on Sun Nov 22, 2020 5:05 pm

WOODHENOT3 wrote: Do you think possibly, the MoB is at the end of the Great Tribulation?

Hi Woody - :grin:

Thanks for this question..... if I may, I'd like to give a little synopsis on how we arrive at the MOB.

First, I'd like to say that I don't believe Scripture supports a 7 year tribulation period. It does however point to a 3.5 year designated time period prior to the Return of Christ that appears to be consistent with the revealing of the coming Antichrist at the AOD.

Secondly - I don't believe Scripture supports any form of Rapture prior to the appearing of Christ. This is important to mention, as it refutes any conjecture as it relates to Scripture.

In reading Revelation 13 - the chapter in which we get the MOB; we must remember that the Book of Revelation is highly figurative; metaphorical; and uses symbolism. Revelation 13 identifies two Beasts (Sea & Earth). I believe the Beast from the Sea - is none other than the Fourth and Final Empire - and the system that creates the MOB. I further believe the Beast from the Earth - is none other than a man; or the coming Antichrist.

The coming Antichrist just won't suddenly appear someday, only to potentially be recognized and revealed at the AOD. No, I think this man will have made a footprint in some form of Government at some point in his career; and prior to his ultimate revelation at the AOD.

Scripture is very clear about the time the Body of Christ is persecuted - and the reign of Antichrist (or at least the time he's given power over the saints) and that's 3.5 years. So if he arises to power prior to that AOD - which appears to be the case; we must ask ourselves.....at this point is Antichrist ruling the Entire World? I say no.

So now we must look at the "Beast System" which I believe Scripture identifies (Daniel/Revelation) rises, or is in place before Antichrist. It is the Beast of the Sea - I believe can also be identified as a Global Governmental Entity - and will be responsible for creating the MOB. Since the Antichrist is revealed "After" the Beast Kingdom is established - then the requirement to have the MOB will be in the latter of the 3.5 years he has to reign.
Mr Baldy

Postby shorttribber on Sat Dec 05, 2020 4:21 pm

As you know Woody, I'm much consumed currently with the Tabernacles thread.
Just wanted to say a few things.
Mr.B. thinks AC will not have some kind of rule over the whole world.
I say, why not? What prohibits him from that? The scriptures say he does, so why think otherwise?

And the mark, it could be inforced for only a few months for all we know for certain, the scriptures do not tell us exactly.

shorttribber

Postby WOODHENOT3 on Sat Dec 05, 2020 5:19 pm

shorttribber wrote:As you know Woody, I'm much consumed currently with the Tabernacles thread.
I say, why not? What prohibits him from that? The scriptures say he does, so why think otherwise?

And the mark, it could be inforced for only a few months for all we know for certain, the scriptures do not tell us exactly.

He will have rule over the whole world, I don't know how, but it's hard to think that all countries would accept it...

When the Mark does enforce in the last few months of the Great Tribulation, let's say..., most of us could be dead, I think maybe this is why there's angels telling people not to take the Mark when that day does happen...what do you think?
In Christ Always,
Woody
WOODHENOT3

Postby shorttribber on Sat Dec 05, 2020 5:34 pm

WOODHENOT3 wrote:
shorttribber wrote:As you know Woody, I'm much consumed currently with the Tabernacles thread.

He will have rule over the whole world, I don't know how, but it's hard to think that all countries would accept it...

When the Mark does enforce in the last few months of the Great Tribulation, let's say..., most of us could be dead, I think maybe this is why there's angels telling people not to take the Mark when that day does happen...what do you think?

It really won't matter what nations will want or not want at that point.
And most Christians will be dead by that time I think also.

shorttribber

Postby WOODHENOT3 on Fri Dec 11, 2020 4:11 pm

Take notice...
Revelation 14;
9 And the third angel followed them, saying with a loud voice, If any man worship the beast and his image, and receive his mark in his forehead, or in his hand,

King James Version says, IN the hand... NKJ or other versions says... ON...
That is a big difference!!

Do you find that interesting?
In Christ Always,
Woody
WOODHENOT3

Postby slick on Sat Dec 12, 2020 4:25 am

WOODHENOT3 wrote:Take notice...
Revelation 14;
9 And the third angel followed them, saying with a loud voice, If any man worship the beast and his image, and receive his mark in his forehead, or in his hand,

Woody,
In ancient Greek as well as Hebrew prepositions such as ON OR OF OR IN were /ARE interchangeable much like vowel points...so its pretty much the translators opinion which prep should be used...generally speaking though there are some tech. rules the translator chooses which fits best. considering the age of say the King James, or even some of the early 20th cent. bibles the only prep. that would have been understood was ON...so that leaves open the possibility of any mark being required by a political leader that being A TATTOO, A CHIP, A RETINAL SCAN ETC the key will be that it is required and will be mandated by a man who is attempting to control unhidden at that time the entire eco-political world.

IN HIS GRACE!,
THE BATTLE RAGES TIL THE LION ROARS!!,
Clarence
slick

Postby WOODHENOT3 on Sat Dec 12, 2020 7:15 am

slick wrote:
Revelation 14;

Woody,
In ancient Greek as well as Hebrew prepositions such as ON OR OF OR IN were /ARE interchangeable much like vowel points...so its pretty much the translators opinion which prep should be used...generally speaking though there are some tech. rules the translator chooses which fits best. considering the age of say the King James, or even some of the early 20th cent. bibles the only prep. that would have been understood was ON...so that leaves open the possibility of any mark being required by a political leader that being A TATTOO, A CHIP, A RETINAL SCAN ETC the key will be that it is required and will be mandated by a man who is attempting to control unhidden at that time the entire eco-political world.

IN HIS GRACE!,
THE BATTLE RAGES TIL THE LION ROARS!!,
Clarence

Well, either IN or ON, we know not to take it... I think it's going to be a visual mark...
In Christ Always,
Woody
WOODHENOT3

Postby WOODHENOT3 on Sat Dec 12, 2020 2:59 pm

I got a question...

Those who have the MoB during the 5th Trumpet Judgment, torture of the locust for five months... the purpose for this is to get people to repent, since the MoB cannot be forgiven, do you think the MoB begin during the sixth trumpet?
If not, what's the purpose of the people who has the mark go through the 5 month torture?

I hope my questions can be answered, thanks!
In Christ Always,
Woody
WOODHENOT3

Postby shorttribber on Sat Dec 12, 2020 3:25 pm

WOODHENOT3 wrote:I got a question...

Those who have the MoB during the 5th Trumpet Judgment, torture of the locust for five months... the purpose for this is to get people to repent, since the MoB cannot be forgiven, do you think the MoB begin during the sixth trumpet?
If not, what's the purpose of the people who has the mark go through the 5 month torture?

To prove that they would Never repent, and God will be proven just when he finally outpours his wrath.

That's what I think.

shorttribber

Postby WOODHENOT3 on Sat Dec 12, 2020 4:05 pm

shorttribber wrote:
WOODHENOT3 wrote:I got a question...

To prove that they would Never repent, and God will be proven just when he finally outpours his wrath.

That's what I think.

I think so too! Great answer Shorty!!!!
I was thinking of Judgment Day, they would have no excuse....
In Christ Always,
Woody
WOODHENOT3

Postby Mr Baldy on Sun Dec 13, 2020 8:30 am

Revelation 14;

Hi Woody -

I've noticed the different translations as well - but very honestly, I don't think I will get too caught up on tangibles when attempting to identify the "Mark" as I feel it is symbolic.

As I've previously mentioned - the Book of Revelation is highly symbolic in itself. I believe the Beast Kingdom is the 4th and Final Empire that arises before the Return of Christ and there is one lone man - the Antichrist who will be working behind the power of Satan to control the World.

I'm not so sure the "Mark" will be anything as intrusive as a physical mark - such as a "chip" or some sort of tattoo type engravement in the right hand or forehead. This appears to be too obvious as to what is going on during this time period, and we must remember that Jesus warns us to be ready or prepared for His Return. No one knows the Day or the Hour - and we would certainly know the End is near if there is a requirement for a physical "Mark." So, I'm just not sure.

The reason why I think it may be symbolic as compared to a physical mark - is because there could be some form of allegiance that identifies the unsaved or those who will be required to worship this End Time Beast System that is not so intrusive.
Mr Baldy

Postby WOODHENOT3 on Sun Dec 13, 2020 11:26 am

Hi Mr. Baldy,
I basically was trying to understand scripture, I would agree that revelation is symbolic.
But when I saw the strangest creatures you could not imagine in the deep sea, fish glowing like Christmas lights a mile deep in the bottom of the ocean made me think, if John were to write about these creatures(and if it was never captured on video)... would you have thought it would have been symbolic? When I thought of the fifth trumpet, the strange looking locusts from the deep abyss... makes me wonder..
I'm not caught up with this stuff but the main point of the GT is to bring people to Christ until the last day! I just find the subject interesting...

God bless..
In Christ Always,
Woody
WOODHENOT3

Postby Mr Baldy on Sun Jan 10, 2021 5:18 pm

Hi Woody -

I've been doing more studying on the MOB and gathering information. I'm not sure if this has already been reported on this forum - but I think you may find this article very interesting:

http://news.rice.edu/2019/12/18/quantum ... on-record/

Also those who find End Time Prophecy fascinating - and the MOB; although I don't think Wikipedia is a reliable source, here is an interesting link as well:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ID2020
Mr Baldy

Return to Prophecy Debate Area