Turkey : Part Four

(heavily moderated)

Re: Turkey : Part Four

Postby Exit40 on Tue May 15, 2018 6:54 am

Turkey's president blames US for returning world to 'dark days'
US has chosen to be part of problem not solution, says Recep Tayyip Erdoğan in London speech
Patrick Wintour Diplomatic editor Mon 14 May 2018 09.37 EDT Last modified on Mon 14 May 2018 12.43 EDT

The Turkish president, Recep Tayyip Erdoğan, has said the world is living in dark times reminiscent of the years leading up to the second world war as he lambasted decisions by Donald Trump to pull out of the Iran nuclear deal and recognise Jerusalem as the Israeli capital.

Offering himself as the spokesman of the Muslim Middle East, he also criticised Europe for not doing as much as Turkey to help 3.5 million Syrian refugees, adding the EU had never fulfilled its part of a refugee deal with Turkey by providing promised cash....

Snip... He said: “America has chosen to be part of the problem and not the solution so they have lost their role as international mediator. We cannot stop feeling like being in dark days of pre-world war two.”...

Continues

God Bless

David
Eph 2:8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God

T'was Grace that taught my heart to fear.
And Grace, my fears relieved.
How precious did that Grace appear
The hour I first believed.
Exit40
Supporting Member

Postby mrgravyard49 on Tue May 15, 2018 10:37 am

mrgravyard49

Postby Exit40 on Wed May 16, 2018 6:17 am

Israel-Turkey spat escalates over Gaza violence
By ARON HELLER | Associated Press 3 hours ago
JERUSALEM – Israel and Turkey exchanged diplomatic barbs Wednesday as the spat between the former allies continued to escalate following deadly violence along Israel's border with Gaza.

A day after it expelled the Israeli ambassador, Turkey asked Israel's consul general in Istanbul to leave as well. Israel, in turn, summoned a top Turkish diplomat to be reprimanded for the humiliation of Israel's ambassador as he was kicked out of the country.

The exchanges came less than two years after the countries reconciled and exchanged ambassadors after six years of animosity. Once close allies in an Arab-dominated neighborhood, Israel and Turkey's ties began to decline after now-President Recep Tayyip Erdogan, whose party has roots in Turkey's Islamist movement, first came to power as prime minister in 2003. Relations imploded in 2010 after a confrontation between Israeli commandos and a pro-Islamic Turkish flotilla trying to breach the blockade of Gaza left 10 Turkish activists dead....

Continues

God Bless

David
Eph 2:8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God

Exit40
Supporting Member

Postby Ready1 on Fri May 18, 2018 2:46 pm

Muslim leaders gather in Istanbul at OIC summit for Palestine

Leaders of the Organization of the Islamic Cooperation (OIC) member states arrived in Istanbul on May 18 to attend an extraordinary summit, called by Turkey, in Istanbul on May 18 to show solidarity with the Palestinian people and to denounce the relocation of the United States Embassy to Jerusalem, as well as the Israeli attacks that killed over 60 civilians in protests on May 14.

Representatives from more than 40 countries, including presidents, prime ministers and other high level officials took part in the event.

Palestinian Prime Minister Rami Hamdallah, Turkish Cypriot leader Mustafa Akıncı, Iranian President Hassan Rouhani, Kuwaiti Emir Sheikh Sabah al-Ahmad al-Jaber al-Sabah, Jordanian King Abdullah II, Afghan President Ashraf Gani and Mauritanian President Mohamed Ould Abdel Aziz are among the attendees.

President Recep Tayyip Erdoğan and Foreign Minister Mevlüt Çavuşoğlu have been carrying out hectic phone diplomacy over the last few days to make the OIC summit a successful one with high-level participation.
Foreign ministers of the OIC member states also gathered on May 18 in Istanbul hours before the extraordinary summit.

A total of 15 OIC member state foreign ministers are attending the gathering, including Iran, Bangladesh, Kazakhstan, Saudi Arabia, Libya, Azerbaijan, Tunisia, Lebanon, Iraq and Egypt.
Speaking at the Council of Foreign Ministers Meeting Preparatory to the OIC Extraordinary Islamic Summit Conference, Çavuşoglu called “the shameful incidents” in Jerusalem “the final straw.”

“We must ensure that the Israeli authorities and Israeli soldiers who point guns at defenseless people are held accountable,” Cavuşoğlu said.

http://www.hurriyetdailynews.com/muslim-leaders-gather-in-istanbul-at-oic-summit-for-palestine-132029
Just observing.

E.
Ready1

Postby Exit40 on Fri May 25, 2018 6:45 am

Turmoil for Turkey’s Trump
By Paul Krugman Opinion Columnist May 24, 2018

An anti-establishment leader takes power after a contentious election. His administration quickly proves itself remarkably corrupt; but he subverts the legal system and is able not only to suppress investigations into his corruption — his supporters denounce it all as a “witch hunt” — but also to consolidate his rule and undermine institutions (the “deep state”) that might have limited his power.

Am I talking about Donald Trump? I could be. But the figure I actually have in mind is Recep Tayyip Erdogan, president of Turkey, whose success in getting away with obvious corruption by politicizing law offers a disturbing preview of how Trump may become the authoritarian ruler he clearly wants to be. Not surprisingly, Trump, who basically seems to like dictators in general, has expressed admiration for Erdogan and his regime.

Authoritarian instincts and contempt for rule of law aren’t the only things Erdogan and Trump have in common. Both also have contempt for expertise. In particular, both have surrounded themselves with people notable both for their ignorance and for their bizarre views. Erdogan has advisers who believe that he is under psychic assault; Trump has advisers who yell profanities at each other while on trade missions....

Continues

God Bless

David

Exit40
Supporting Member

Previous

Return to Prophecy Debate Area