Turkey : Part Four

(heavily moderated)

Re: Turkey : Part Four

Postby Exit40 on Sat Jan 27, 2018 7:43 am

Why is the Vital Bond between Turkey and the U.S. in Jeopardy? Radical Muslim Cleric Fethullah Gülen is a Big Reason
Published 3 hours ago on January 27, 2018 By Jacob Kamaras

Former National Security Adviser Michael Flynn’s acceptance of a plea deal recently gives the U.S. and Turkey the opportunity and imperative to leave their recent bilateral quarrels behind and pursue the tremendously diverse mutual opportunities before them, while focusing on defeating common enemies—including ISIS and radical Muslim cleric Fethullah Gülen.

Flying under the radar compared with the high-profile jihadist exploits of ISIS, the Pennsylvania-based Turkish imam, worth an estimated $24 billion, a net worth from where, no one seems to know, sits with seeming impunity. A real investigation into his widespread nefarious activities, including evidence-based allegations of masterminding an attempted coup in Turkey a year ago, remain key to repairing once deep and close bilateral relations.

According to WikiLeaks, the State Department describes Gülen as “a ‘radical Islamist’ whose moderate message cloaks a more sinister and radical agenda.”...

Continues

**** Oddly, wikileaks revealed many in the State department feel that President Erdogan is a radical islamist too. D. ****

God Bless

David
Eph 2:8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God

T'was Grace that taught my heart to fear.
And Grace, my fears relieved.
How precious did that Grace appear
The hour I first believed.
Exit40
Supporting Member

Postby Exit40 on Wed Jan 31, 2018 8:09 am

Turkey’s Erdogan wages a dangerous war on many fronts
By Ishaan Tharoor January 31 at 12:59 AM

Without a trace of irony, Turkey has dubbed the military offensive it is waging across its southern border with Syria “Operation Olive Branch.” It's hardly an apt name, given both the bloody nature of the offensive and the wide-reaching geopolitical havoc it has caused.

Since Jan. 20, Turkish forces and Turkish-backed militias have been engaged in battles with Syrian Kurds holding an enclave called Afrin, northwest of the Syrian city of Aleppo. Turkish authorities say they are fighting units that are an extension of the PKK, a violent Kurdish separatist group in Turkey that's seen by both Ankara and Washington as a terrorist organization.

Reports suggest Turkish air and artillery strikes have damaged villages and killed civilians there, in addition to killing dozens of Syrian Kurdish fighters. Images are circulating online of the destruction wrought by a Turkish airstrike on an ancient temple complex dating back to the first millennium B.C....

Continues

God Bless

David
Eph 2:8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God

Exit40
Supporting Member

Postby Exit40 on Wed Feb 14, 2018 7:23 am

FETÖ, PKK cooperation on terror clear as day
In his book, PKK terror group head Öcalan says: ‘Tell Gülen that I'm the best person capable of understanding him’
Anadolu Agency 09:54 February 14, 2018

Cooperation between Fetullah Terrorist Organization (FETÖ) and the PKK, before and after the July 15, 2016, defeated coup, is documented in the statements and actions taken by the two terror groups, according to information gathered by Anadolu Agency.

Despite the fact that there are clear references to FETO in PKK terror group head’s book "Democratic Liberation and Building a Free Life", the opposition People's Democratic Party (HDP) leader Selahattin Demirtas complained that Ocalan's views on FETO were being misunderstood.

"Sirri Sureyya Onder [HDP Ankara Deputy] met some [FETO] representatives; he was told that they didn't fully understand Ocalan's statement and felt uneasy," Demirtas said.

About a senior PKK terrorist group member’s negative remarks on FETO, Ocalan said in his book: "We all should be careful with the language we use nowadays. When it comes to the community [FETO], we even proposed a democratic alliance in the Middle East, didn't we?...

Continues

God Bless

David

Exit40
Supporting Member

Postby Exit40 on Wed Feb 14, 2018 7:25 am

Greece, Turkey try to calm tensions after Aegean Sea crash
BY DEREK GATOPOULOS AND SUZAN FRASER Associated Press ATHENS, GREECE
Updated February 13, 2018 04:00 PM

The prime ministers of Greece and Turkey worked late Tuesday to calm escalating tensions after a Greek coast guard vessel was damaged in a collision with a Turkish patrol boat in the Aegean Sea, the site of a boundary dispute.

A government official in Athens said Prime Minister Alexis Tsipras of Greece and Turkish Prime Minister Benali Yildirim spoke by telephone about the circumstances of the boat crash. The official asked not to be named pending an official announcement.

No one was hurt in the collision, which happened near uninhabited Aegean islets over which Turkey and Greece nearly went to war in 1996.

Turkey's ambassador in Athens was summoned earlier in the day to receive an official complaint, while the Greek Foreign Ministry accused Turkey of "escalating and provocative conduct."...

Continues

God Bless

David

Exit40
Supporting Member

Postby Exit40 on Fri Feb 16, 2018 8:49 am

US and Turkey return from brink and agree to ‘normalise’ ties
World News | Published: 2 hours ago

US secretary of state Rex Tillerson held talks in Ankara with Turkish foreign minister Mevlut Cavusoglu.

Rex Tillerson and Mevlut Cavusoglu (AP/Burhan Ozbilici)
The US and Turkey have pulled back from the brink of a potentially disastrous crisis, agreeing to normalise strained relations over Syria and other issues that had threatened the Nato allies’ long-standing ties.

Details of the rapprochement were vague as the two sides agreed in principle only to form working groups to begin meeting within a month to examine points of contention and try to resolve them.

After talks in Ankara, US secretary of state Rex Tillerson and Turkish foreign minister Mevlut Cavusoglu announced the creation of new “mechanisms” to improve the relationship, starting with the question of American support for Kurdish rebels in northern Syria.

Read more at https://www.expressandstar.com/news/wor ... dlGggDa.99

God Bless

David

Exit40
Supporting Member

Postby Exit40 on Thu Feb 22, 2018 8:39 am

Calls for change unlikely to be heard inside Turkey's Gülen movement
Nick Ashdown Feb 22 2018

Decimated by purges in Turkey and pursued abroad, current and former supporters of the Gülen movement, blamed for the 2016 military coup attempt to overthrow President Recep Tayyip Erdoğan, have begun to publicly voice criticism of the global Islamist network.

Reflecting on its fall from being one of Turkey’s most powerful groups with members high up in the police, judiciary, armed forces and media, Gülen’s followers called for more soul-searching and accountability, while former members said the movement had become intoxicated by power.

“There were so many mistakes,” said a Turkish academic and former Gülen supporter who said he “grew up in the movement”, but declined to be named to avoid a backlash from current members of the secretive organisation.

Citing the arrest of journalists ordered by Gülenists within the judiciary, its opposition to peace talks with Kurdish militants and support for the ruling Justice and Development Party (AKP), the academic said:

“The movement couldn’t digest the social and political power that it was given.”...

Continues

God Bless

David

Exit40
Supporting Member

Postby Exit40 on Fri Feb 23, 2018 8:34 am

Erdoğan slams Pentagon spokesperson’s comments on Afrin operation
DAILY SABAH WITH ANADOLU AGENCY ISTANBUL Published 18 hours ago

Erdoğan slams Pentagon spokesperson’s comments on Afrin operation
President Recep Tayyip Erdoğan slammed Friday recent comments by a spokesperson of the U.S. Department of Defense claiming there were civilian casualties in Turkey's Operation Olive Branch to clear the PKK-affiliated People's Protection Units (YPG) in Syria's northwestern Afrin region.

Addressing the ruling Justice and Development Party's (AK Party) provincial chairs in Ankara, Erdoğan said that what upsets Turkey the most is the hypocrisy and levity displayed by some countries that Turkey regards as its allies and has deep political and military relations with.

"Yesterday, the defense department spokesperson of one of these countries, unashamedly, without flushing, said that civilians die in Afrin, people could not return to their homes due to violence. You are heartless, immoral, you feel no discomfort about the murder of hundreds of children, women and elders in eastern Ghouta every day, yet you are troubled by the fight against terrorists and spread false news," Erdoğan said....

Continues

God Bless

David

Exit40
Supporting Member

Previous

Return to Prophecy Debate Area