Blood Moons

Events indicative of the end-times which may, or may not, be related to a specific Scripture.

Blood Moons

Postby extravagantchristian on Tue Apr 14, 2015 10:54 am

I've been researching blood moons on the NASA website, and I noticed that there will be a lunar tetrad in 2032-2033, and there will be blood moons on both Passover and Tabernacles of 2033.

I've also noticed that lunar tetrads always occur in spring and fall, coincidentally so does Passover and tabernacles. So maybe it's not such a big deal when tetrads line up with the feasts. Not to mention the fact that Passover and tabernacles both last for a week, not just one day. That also increases the odds that they will coincide with a blood moon.

I also noticed that only 1/8 blood moons in the years 1949-50 and 1967-68 occurred on the actual day of the feast, but if I'm not mistaken, Mark Biltz says that they were all on feast days.

http://eclipse.gsfc.nasa.gov/LEcat5/LE2001-2100.html

http://www.timeanddate.com/calendar/?ye ... country=34
extravagantchristian
 
Posts: 3023
Joined: Wed Feb 13, 2008 8:44 am

Re: Blood Moons

Postby mark s on Tue Apr 14, 2015 11:00 am

Hi extravagantchristian,

One thing to remember is that the feasts are timed to the lunar calendar. Eclipses also follow a regular schedule. So when an eclipse lands on a feast day, its not a stretch that the subsequent eclipses do too. They are on the same calendar.

I think people minimize the actual sign of the sun turned to darkness and the moon to blood when they call out, "blood moons!" These are lunar eclipses. When Joel's sign is fulfilled, it will fill people's hearts with fear. It's not just another lunar eclipse. IMO.

Love in Christ,
Mark
ειπεν αυτη ο ιησους εγω ειμι η αναστασις και η ζωη ο πιστευων εις εμε καν αποθανη ζησεται
. . . saying to her Jesus, I AM the resurrection and the life, the one believing into Me even dying shall live . . .
User avatar
mark s
MODERATOR
 
Posts: 12821
Joined: Tue Oct 17, 2006 11:38 am
Location: Southern California, USA

Re: Blood Moons

Postby extravagantchristian on Tue Apr 14, 2015 2:03 pm

Since blood moons and the feasts usually occur around the same time each year, maybe it's not so rare that they coincided sometimes?

I guess we'll see.
extravagantchristian
 
Posts: 3023
Joined: Wed Feb 13, 2008 8:44 am

Re: Blood Moons

Postby Resurrection Torchlight on Thu Apr 16, 2015 7:29 am

I also think that it may be possible that the signs in the sun and the moon do not have to occur simultaneously to fulfill prophecy. The sun may be darkened on a different day than the moon and possibly even months or even years apart. Don't forget that Peter quoted Joel 2:30-32 at Pentecost:
Acts 2:19-21
19 ‘And I will grant wonders in the sky above
And signs on the earth below,
Blood, and fire, and vapor of smoke.
20 ‘The sun will be turned into darkness
And the moon into blood,
Before the great and glorious day of the Lord shall come.
21 ‘And it shall be that everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved.’


Was Peter implying that these prophetic signs in Joel had been fulfilled during Christ's ministry on earth then? Don't forget that while Jesus hung dying on the cross the sun was darkened.

Luke 23:44-46
44 It was now about the sixth hour, and darkness fell over the whole land until the ninth hour,
45 because the sun was obscured; and the veil of the temple was torn in two.
46 And Jesus, crying out with a loud voice, said, “Father, into Your hands I commit My spirit.” Having said this, He breathed His last.


There was also an earthquake:
Matthew 27:51-54
51 And behold, the veil of the temple was torn in two from top to bottom; and the earth shook and the rocks were split.
52 The tombs were opened, and many bodies of the saints who had fallen asleep were raised;
53 and coming out of the tombs after His resurrection they entered the holy city and appeared to many.
54 Now the centurion, and those who were with him keeping guard over Jesus, when they saw the earthquake and the things that were happening, became very frightened and said, “Truly this was the Son of God!”


There were also according to NASA's eclipse log, blood moons that occurred on Passover in 32 AD (not visible in Israel) and also on Tabernacles 32 AD (was visible in Israel) and a partial lunar eclipse on Passover in 33 AD (was visible in Israel).

These signs may be repeated in a similar manner in the future.

We have in our time already seen men reacting with confusion over the roaring of the sea and waves (Luke 21:25) at the tsunami in 2011 that hit Japan, and that earthquake was so strong that it actually moved the main Island, Honshu east by 8 feet. It shifted the axis of the earth and the tsunami waves traveled throughout the entire Pacific ocean. Islands moved from their places? Where have we heard that before? (Rev 6:15)

http://www.livescience.com/39110-japan- ... facts.html

We have also seen signs in the sun, moon and stars have we not?

While it may be that the future signs could happen all at once as a result of some unprecedented celestial or terrestrial event, isn't it also possible that at least some of the signs could happen over time and not necessarily all at once? With some events appearing to be naturally occurring?

RT
Resurrection Torchlight
 
Posts: 3738
Joined: Wed May 02, 2007 5:15 pm

Re: Blood Moons

Postby extravagantchristian on Thu Apr 16, 2015 8:04 am

Last night I watched the blood moon dvd by Mark Biltz, he said that there were only 2 lunar tetrads in the 1900's but that's not right, there were 4-5. It's right there on the NASA Website.

But i was surprised to find out that the stock market crashes all happen around Rosh Hashanah, in the schmita year. First in 2001 and 2008. Another one coming this fall, on sept 28 rosh Hashanah, the day after the last blood moon, that will also be a super moonnd will be seen over Israel.
extravagantchristian
 
Posts: 3023
Joined: Wed Feb 13, 2008 8:44 am

Re: Blood Moons

Postby Abiding in His Word on Thu Apr 16, 2015 5:13 pm

Resurrection Torchlight wrote:I also think that it may be possible that the signs in the sun and the moon do not have to occur simultaneously to fulfill prophecy. The sun may be darkened on a different day than the moon and possibly even months or even years apart.


While it may be that the future signs could happen all at once as a result of some unprecedented celestial or terrestrial event, isn't it also possible that at least some of the signs could happen over time and not necessarily all at once? With some events appearing to be naturally occurring?


Hi RT,

I've been a fan of Sola Group articles for years. A couple days ago I was reading from Revelation Commentary and found this and remembered your suggestion about multiple timeframes for fulfillment of prophetic signs. Here's what I read from the list of principles of interpretation.

A fifth and final principle, which relates to prophetic and apocalyptic literature specifically is to recognize that many prophetic predictions, in both Testaments, have a unique characteristic--both near and far implications and applications. In other words, prophecy can operate on multiple levels of fulfillment. On one level, there is a divinely revealed "near" prediction relating to a soon-coming event. However, there can be corresponding "far" aspects that will be fulfilled later, or in the events of the end times.

This particular characteristic of the prophetic Scriptures has been called by several names. W. J. Beecher calls it generic fulfillment. He writes,

A generic prediction is one which regards an event as occurring in a series of parts, separated by intervals, and expresses itself in language that may apply indifferently to the nearest part, or to the remoter parts or to the whole—in other words, a prediction which, in applying to the whole of a complex event, also applies to some of its parts. [fn. 2]


It seems to confirm your thoughts so you may be interested in reading a bit more here. I haven't browsed the site for a very long time and they may be pre-wrath but I'm not sure any more. But there may still be something of interest to you.
User avatar
Abiding in His Word
SITE ADMIN
 
Posts: 28618
Joined: Mon Mar 06, 2006 4:54 pm
Location: SW Florida

Re: Blood Moons

Postby Keeping Alert on Sun Apr 19, 2015 3:34 am

the illustration to the above principle is a prophet looking through a telescope viewing actually several mountain peaks but he thinks it is only one mountain peak from his point of view... only God above knows how many peaks there are
Now is my soul troubled; and what shall I say? Father, save me from this hour: but for this cause came I unto this hour.

πατερ δοξασον σου το ονομα
Father, glorify thy name.

Whether therefore ye eat, or drink, or whatsoever ye do, do all to the glory of God.
Keeping Alert
 
Posts: 2435
Joined: Mon Aug 11, 2008 3:48 am

Re: Blood Moons

Postby shorttribber on Wed Apr 22, 2015 6:40 pm

Keeping Alert wrote:the illustration to the above principle is a prophet looking through a telescope viewing actually several mountain peaks but he thinks it is only one mountain peak from his point of view... only God above knows how many peaks there are


And it could also be called.... :mrgreen:
viewtopic.php?f=13&t=59597
Just say'n
The Wisest men have changed their Counsels and Resolves upon second thoughts, much more upon experience, and approaching evils not at first discovered. Rev. Herbert Croft, 1675

Where no counsel is, the people fall: but in the multitude of counsellors there is safety.

Find seven years of tribulation plainly stated in the Bible.
User avatar
shorttribber
 
Posts: 4945
Joined: Sun Aug 19, 2007 7:42 pm
Location: Not in San Antonio!

Re: Blood Moons

Postby mrgravyard49 on Wed Jul 29, 2015 10:53 am

mrgravyard49
 
Posts: 2761
Joined: Mon Jul 10, 2006 4:51 pm
Location: Columbus Ohio

Re: Blood Moons

Postby Resurrection Torchlight on Fri Jul 31, 2015 8:26 am

mrgravyard49 wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G9hiYG-1mw4#t=15


I admit I was a bit skeptical when I started watching the video, but the article she links to is legit and I have to say that this is just incredible- wow!

here's the link to the article if you want to read it for yourself

http://www.eutimes.net/2015/07/obama-wa ... agreement/


RT
Resurrection Torchlight
 
Posts: 3738
Joined: Wed May 02, 2007 5:15 pm

Re: Blood Moons

Postby Jericho on Fri Jul 31, 2015 10:15 am

Resurrection Torchlight wrote:
mrgravyard49 wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G9hiYG-1mw4#t=15


I admit I was a bit skeptical when I started watching the video, but the article she links to is legit and I have to say that this is just incredible- wow!

here's the link to the article if you want to read it for yourself

http://www.eutimes.net/2015/07/obama-wa ... agreement/


RT


I wouldn't put anything past this administration, I think he will push as hard as he can with the time he has left. A couple of thoughts form the article, they say Israel has been stealing nuclear secrets since the 1950's. And what about the Russians and Chinese that have stole our secrets over the years? Where do they think they got their nuclear technology from? The whole reason Israel developed nukes is because they were essentially in a state of war with the entire middle east at time and the U.S. didn't include Israel in a defense pact. The U.S. has always been tepid when it comes to supporting Israel.

I think Israel will be forced to give up her nukes at some point. The Gog\Magog battle seems to indicate Israel will be defenseless at the time. It will be interesting to see what September brings, if anything.
Formerly SwordOfGideon
User avatar
Jericho
 
Posts: 4403
Joined: Fri Aug 01, 2008 5:05 am
Location: Tx

Re: Blood Moons

Postby mrgravyard49 on Fri Jul 31, 2015 1:21 pm

Oh I have NO doubt something Hugh is coming in September. Im 58 and when I look back of how far we as a nation have fallen I shutter to think of what God is going to do OR let happen. What is sad is when all hell breaks loose people are going to say "God Help Us" Now wait people You don't believe in God remember?
mrgravyard49
 
Posts: 2761
Joined: Mon Jul 10, 2006 4:51 pm
Location: Columbus Ohio

Re: Blood Moons

Postby Exit40 on Sat Aug 01, 2015 7:19 am

Well well well, EU Times using sources like RT and Russian Ministry of Defense. I wonder, are there any news sources that report facts and not speculations any more ? Seems every Op Ed is a conspiracy theory waiting to happen and being reported as news. Doom and gloom at it's highest level, right from the Kremlin. Propaganda as news, as propaganda, as news, the seemingly never ending 'edge of our seat heard it here first right from some one in the know pass it along and impress your friends with your contacts and knowledge of the future of our world as it is about to become because we can't stop it anymore'. [/rant] :bag:

God Bless

David
Eph 2:8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God

T'was Grace that taught my heart to fear.
And Grace, my fears relieved.
How precious did that Grace appear
The hour I first believed.
User avatar
Exit40
Supporting Member
 
Posts: 8850
Joined: Mon Mar 06, 2006 6:46 am

Re: Blood Moons

Postby mrgravyard49 on Sat Aug 01, 2015 1:16 pm

mrgravyard49
 
Posts: 2761
Joined: Mon Jul 10, 2006 4:51 pm
Location: Columbus Ohio

Re: Blood Moons

Postby Mr Baldy on Wed Aug 05, 2015 11:54 am

Exit40 wrote: I wonder, are there any news sources that report facts and not speculations any more ? Seems every Op Ed is a conspiracy theory waiting to happen and being reported as news. Doom and gloom at it's highest level


Nope - Doom and Gloom ALWAYS Sells......... :mrgreen:

Just look at those who fell for Y2K; Jim Jones; Marshall Applewhite; Gary North (and his nonsense); Harold Camping; Jim and Tammy Faye Bakker; Robert Tilton; Benny Hinn; Kenneth Copeland; Crefflo Dollar; John Hagee; Fred Price; Reverend Ike; Kenny Hagin; Jesse Duplantis; Sid Roth (and his SUPER natural nonsense) and you can further add Jonathan Cahn and Waild Shoebat to the list as well - as they have ALL taken money from well meaning Believers in Christ who were only looking for the Truth.

Most of the aforementioned FALSE Prophets have one thing in common - and that is THEY HAVE ALL BEEN WRONG!

Truth of the matter is, until we are well grounded in the Word of God - many of us will fall for deception & lies almost to the point that if it were possible we could even be DECEIVED.

I hope that many are not spending their hard earned money on any particular books; merchandise; or buy into any speeches that these fly by night DOOM Sayers- who only spew absolute nonsense, and take your money is only what they are about. They tickle your ears with one hand, and take your hard earned money with the other. They understand that there is a Market out there for such a thing.

Some have come and gone -with their pockets lined up with your hard earned money of course :mrgreen: And some are either rising; are currently taking the hard earned money of the naive ; or are yet to come.

But come they will. Please don't be deceived.
Mr Baldy
 
Posts: 1961
Joined: Wed Jun 14, 2006 11:26 pm
Location: San Antonio, Tx

Re: Blood Moons

Postby amessenger4god on Wed Aug 05, 2015 1:28 pm

Mr Baldy, I mean this as your Christian brother, but you sound prideful and too sure of yourself in your last post. No doubt there are some false prophets in that mix, but are they all? A false prophet is someone who claims that God will surely bring something to pass, and then God doesn't. I think Camping probably falls into that category.

Maybe you are right about them all, but I would suggest an accusation of "false prophet" should be accompanied with, #1 - grace, #2 - gentleness, and #3 - clear evidence from their own words, not what you've heard from someone else.

Only God has a monopoly on truth, especially in regards to yet unfulfilled prophecy, which even on here we are all speculating on. Some of those men speculate, but also clearly declare that God may not do it because they are only suggesting their interpretation of Scripture (i.e. Cahn, Biltz, Hagee, etc).

I would also point out that Jesus promised numerous signs on earth and also in the heavens. Eventually He will come with no more delay. Eventually some Believers will be speculating (just like you and me) and will be right.

In Christ,
am4g
"I tell you the truth, whoever hears my word and believes him who sent me has eternal life and will not be condemned; he has crossed over from death to life."
- John 5:24
User avatar
amessenger4god
 
Posts: 578
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 7:19 pm

Re: Blood Moons

Postby sacredcowbasher on Wed Aug 05, 2015 7:01 pm

am4g makes some good points. We need to be slow to dismiss a brother or sister who we think may be a false prophet of false teacher. Paul says when someone gives a prophecy let the others judge. We should test the spirit.

I can't dismiss Jonathan Cahn from the many times I've listened to him. I can see God at work through him. I don't see a place in the body of Christ for prayer shawls which Hagee and Cahn have used, but I won't let that cloud my opinion of them overall.

We should not major on the minors IMO when judging a brother or sister's work.
Gal 2: 14-19 But when I saw that they were not straightforward about the truth of the gospel, I said to Peter before them all, "If you, being a Jew, live in the manner of Gentiles and not as the Jews, why do you compel Gentiles to live as Jews? We who are Jews by nature, and not sinners of the Gentiles, knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the law but by faith in Jesus Christ, even we have believed in Christ Jesus, that we might be justified by faith in Christ and not by the works of the law; for by the works of the law no flesh shall be justified. But if, while we seek to be justified by Christ, we ourselves also are found sinners, is Christ therefore a minister of sin? Certainly not! For if I build again those things which I destroyed, I make myself a transgressor. For I through the law ( the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus ), died to the law ( the law of sin and death ) that I might live to God. Parenthetical remarks added are mine.
sacredcowbasher
 
Posts: 1109
Joined: Sun Mar 12, 2006 12:37 pm
Location: southeast Louisiana

Re: Blood Moons

Postby Abiding in His Word on Wed Aug 05, 2015 7:02 pm

I think it might be important for us to remember that the very founder of this web site presented his view:

Herb called himself an “end-time reporter” and was respected for his analysis of geopolitical events and their relation to Bible prophecy. He was noted for drawing attention to the militarization of the European Union, long before the government watchdogs caught sight of it. He also closely reported on the European Neighbourhood Policy (ENP) — implemented on Jan. 1, 2007 — noting similarities with the seven-year covenant that will mark the start of the 70th Week of Daniel (Daniel 9:27).


Granted, there are a variety of views and analyses, but all seem to be motivated by the admonition by Jesus to "watch." That obedience to watching, led to this body of believers who continue to do so.

I can't see this as wrong. Whether we agree with the focal point of various watchers or not, surely we must admire the effort.

Just my opinion.
User avatar
Abiding in His Word
SITE ADMIN
 
Posts: 28618
Joined: Mon Mar 06, 2006 4:54 pm
Location: SW Florida

Re: Blood Moons

Postby Mr Baldy on Thu Aug 06, 2015 6:08 pm

amessenger4god wrote:Maybe you are right about them all, but I would suggest an accusation of "false prophet" should be accompanied with, #1 - grace, #2 - gentleness, and #3 - clear evidence from their own words, not what you've heard from someone else.


Hi amessenger4god,

Perhaps you are right....gentleness and respect should always be in order. You do however "assume" that I have "heard" what I know to be true from someone else. I don't make claims I can't back up - and I certainly don't believe in hearsay.

Jesus says this:

15) “Beware of the false prophets, who come to you in sheep’s clothing, but inwardly are ravenous wolves. 16) You will know them by their fruits. Grapes are not gathered from thorn bushes nor figs from thistles, are they? 17) So every good tree bears good fruit, but the bad tree bears bad fruit. 18) A good tree cannot produce bad fruit, nor can a bad tree produce good fruit. 19) Every tree that does not bear good fruit is cut down and thrown into the fire. 20) So then, you will know them by their fruits.


In closing, I guess I should be more diplomatic about the way I have viewed some of those money grubbing so-called men of God. Scripture is clear that you absolutely cannot serve God and Money (Matthew 6:24; Luke 16:13). It further states that the one who "attempts" to serves Two Masters - and this is impossible.

When they quit living in their mansions; driving their expensive cars; wearing Armani Suits; Gator shoes; and flying in their private jets - which is the "Fruit" that they bear......then perhaps I won't come down as hard. :mrgreen:
Mr Baldy
 
Posts: 1961
Joined: Wed Jun 14, 2006 11:26 pm
Location: San Antonio, Tx

Re: Blood Moons

Postby christian_m0mmy on Wed Aug 12, 2015 12:06 pm

Mr Baldy,

I have recently started following Jonathan Cahn on youtube and enjoy his teachings. I am always afraid of falling for false teachers. Can you tell me what issues you have with Mr. Cahn? I am in no way endorsing him, but I don't know what he's done to be called false since the things he's taught on haven't happened yet?
Col 2:6 Therefore as you have received Christ Jesus the Lord, so walk in Him

Col 2:6 You have accepted Christ Jesus as your Lord. Now keep on following him.
User avatar
christian_m0mmy
 
Posts: 546
Joined: Sun Aug 26, 2007 1:07 pm
Location: Georgia

Re: Blood Moons

Postby mark s on Wed Aug 12, 2015 3:10 pm

Jonathan Cahn promotes the viewpoint that we are, to a certain degree, governed by the covenant God make with Israel at Sinai. He would have us to believe that we are under the Law of Moses, and can therefore be rightly called a Judaiser.

There is more I could say, but for me, just this is enough.

Love in Christ,
Mark.
ειπεν αυτη ο ιησους εγω ειμι η αναστασις και η ζωη ο πιστευων εις εμε καν αποθανη ζησεται
. . . saying to her Jesus, I AM the resurrection and the life, the one believing into Me even dying shall live . . .
User avatar
mark s
MODERATOR
 
Posts: 12821
Joined: Tue Oct 17, 2006 11:38 am
Location: Southern California, USA

Re: Blood Moons

Postby GodsStudent on Mon Sep 21, 2015 5:13 pm

I truly hate that Cahn and Biltz got involved in these things and rushed to write their books, make their money, and sidetrack the subject at hand, which is....
IN GODS SKIES, BETWEEN 2014 and 2016 THERE IS A TETRAD OF BLOOD MOONS FALLING ON HIS FEAST DAYS, AND THE CULMINATION IS A SUPER MOON......

Wonder if God had anything to do with this BEFORE Biltz and Cahn came on the scene and made a mockery out of it.
Wonder if God is/was using these to communicate anything to the Jewish people, who are indeed very well focused on these things as signs for them in this time, given that they believe that their Messiah is still coming? Since the Jewish people are still under the old law, is it possible that God had this set up for them to watch, as in timing or for some other reason?

I don't know, but I do wonder if we aren't missing the forest for the trees sometimes.
GodsStudent
Supporting Member
 
Posts: 10994
Joined: Sun Mar 16, 2008 10:36 pm

Re: Blood Moons

Postby mark s on Tue Sep 22, 2015 7:46 am

Well, what have they been a sign of? What is the message being communicated?

If God speaks through these things, what is He saying?

Love in Christ,
Mark
ειπεν αυτη ο ιησους εγω ειμι η αναστασις και η ζωη ο πιστευων εις εμε καν αποθανη ζησεται
. . . saying to her Jesus, I AM the resurrection and the life, the one believing into Me even dying shall live . . .
User avatar
mark s
MODERATOR
 
Posts: 12821
Joined: Tue Oct 17, 2006 11:38 am
Location: Southern California, USA

Re: Blood Moons

Postby extravagantchristian on Tue Sep 22, 2015 7:47 am

Godsstudent, i wonder the same thing, but the more i think about, i wonder if something big is about to happen...

Remember over the summer when the US legalized gay marriage, the white house and freedom tower were light up in rainbow colors...then on the eve of 9/11, God put a rainbow coming right out of the freedom tower, then the crane fell in the largest mosque in the world on 9/11. I think that was a sign that something is about to happen in the Muslim world, a sign God is on our side... look at everything happening in the middle east right now, isis is taking over and transforming entire countries. It's only a matter of time before they dig their claws into Israel.... this whole process began on 9/11. We destabilized the middle east when we invaded Iraq......

So couple those 2 signs with the blood moons and it might actually mean something.
extravagantchristian
 
Posts: 3023
Joined: Wed Feb 13, 2008 8:44 am

Re: Blood Moons

Postby GodsStudent on Tue Sep 22, 2015 8:18 am

mark s wrote:Well, what have they been a sign of? What is the message being communicated?

If God speaks through these things, what is He saying?

Love in Christ,
Mark


Mark, the Jewish people do watch the blood moon tetrads in association with the feast days, which is clear if you read jewish publications currently. They, in fact, do coincide with some pretty significant things with respect to the Jews (as in, for example, the Jewish Nation was born the year following the tetrad in the 1940s and wasn't there one when the 6 day war happened in the 1960s?).
Do you not agree that end times is centered around the Jewish people, and God is speaking to all of us, not just them....however, since they don't follow the new testament, right or wrong, they aren't looking for the same things or at them, regarding the coming of their Messiah (and the second coming of THE MESSIAH, Christ, as far as we are all concerned).
GodsStudent
Supporting Member
 
Posts: 10994
Joined: Sun Mar 16, 2008 10:36 pm

Re: Blood Moons

Postby GodsStudent on Tue Sep 22, 2015 8:20 am

extravagantchristian wrote:Godsstudent, i wonder the same thing, but the more i think about, i wonder if something big is about to happen...

Remember over the summer when the US legalized gay marriage, the white house and freedom tower were light up in rainbow colors...then on the eve of 9/11, God put a rainbow coming right out of the freedom tower, then the crane fell in the largest mosque in the world on 9/11. I think that was a sign that something is about to happen in the Muslim world, a sign God is on our side... look at everything happening in the middle east right now, isis is taking over and transforming entire countries. It's only a matter of time before they dig their claws into Israel.... this whole process began on 9/11. We destabilized the middle east when we invaded Iraq......

So couple those 2 signs with the blood moons and it might actually mean something.


EC: Ezekiel 38-39 comes to mind with respect to your comments, and as such, especially given all the publication over Russian leader and Israeli leader meetings of late, it is quite thought provoking.
GodsStudent
Supporting Member
 
Posts: 10994
Joined: Sun Mar 16, 2008 10:36 pm

Re: Blood Moons

Postby mark s on Tue Sep 22, 2015 9:11 am

GodsStudent wrote:
mark s wrote:Well, what have they been a sign of? What is the message being communicated?

If God speaks through these things, what is He saying?

Love in Christ,
Mark


Mark, the Jewish people do watch the blood moon tetrads in association with the feast days, which is clear if you read jewish publications currently. They, in fact, do coincide with some pretty significant things with respect to the Jews (as in, for example, the Jewish Nation was born the year following the tetrad in the 1940s and wasn't there one when the 6 day war happened in the 1960s?).
Do you not agree that end times is centered around the Jewish people, and God is speaking to all of us, not just them....however, since they don't follow the new testament, right or wrong, they aren't looking for the same things or at them, regarding the coming of their Messiah (and the second coming of THE MESSIAH, Christ, as far as we are all concerned).


Hi GS,

We're watching the "blood moons" . . . let's call them lunar eclipses, which is what we've called them for many many years, except that now people want to sell books and go on lecture tours . . . and they are watching the lunar eclipses, but again, what do they signify? Aside from the fact, of course, that feast days are set to a lunar schedule of full moons, so naturally there will be eclipses on feast days. It's celestial mechanics.

There have been significant events within a few years before, and a few years after, lunar eclipses on feast days. There have also been lunar eclipses on feast days where nothing significant is identified as having happened. And there have been very significant events that have occurred completely separate from lunar eclipses.

God does speak to us. But wouldn't you say He's not doing a very good job if we don't know what He's saying??

We already know we're in the end times, because He has spoken to us, but in a way we can understand, in His Word. If He's speaking through the moon, again I ask, what is He saying?

There is definitely sensationalism on both sides, Jewish and Gentile. It's Sunday, right? That's not long to wait.

Love in Christ,
Mark
ειπεν αυτη ο ιησους εγω ειμι η αναστασις και η ζωη ο πιστευων εις εμε καν αποθανη ζησεται
. . . saying to her Jesus, I AM the resurrection and the life, the one believing into Me even dying shall live . . .
User avatar
mark s
MODERATOR
 
Posts: 12821
Joined: Tue Oct 17, 2006 11:38 am
Location: Southern California, USA

Re: Blood Moons

Postby Sanderson on Tue Sep 22, 2015 5:14 pm

With the exception of a slight overlap of the 1967 war (only the first eclipse occurred before the war), all of the other tetrads that Hagee and Biltz use to "prove" their theory occurred after the events cited.
Nov. 1, 1478 AD – July 15, 1834 AD – The Spanish Crown, in conjunction with the Papacy, imposed the Spanish Inquisition[2], expelling Jews from Spain if they would not convert to Catholicism.

A tetrad occurred April 2 & September 25, 1493 AD – March 22 & September 15, 1494 AD.

May 15, 1948 AD – March 10, 1949 AD– Israel gained recognition from the U.N. (Dec. 1948) and won the War of Independence.

A tetrad occurred April 13 & October 7, 1949 AD – April 2 & September 25, 1950 AD.

June 5 – 10, 1967 AD – Israel fought and won the Six-Day War[3], regaining Jerusalem, the capitol of ancient Israel.

A tetrad occurred April 24 & October 18, 1967 AD – April 13 & October 6, 1968 AD.
http://bibleprophecytalk.com/bpt-blood-moon-theory-debunked-and-more/


What kind of sign is it that occurs after the event that it is supposed to be a sign for?
Sanderson
 
Posts: 103
Joined: Tue Nov 01, 2011 8:50 pm

Re: Blood Moons

Postby Resurrection Torchlight on Tue Sep 22, 2015 5:18 pm

This is just my opinion, but I think one of these days these things that many see as signs are actually going to mean something, at least to some.

What I am saying is that God may use the confusion over these things to aid in the delusion that He will send upon those who are perishing. It sure seems to me, like the world, secular and Christians alike are expecting something to happen soon, this month, before the end of the year..... and many are looking to the feasts, including the Jews. The man of lawlessness comes with lying signs and wonders, and I think he will play right into Jewish messianic expectations for the feast of Tabernacles. If not this year, then some year yet future.

It is important, at least I think so, to understand that the enemy knows his subjects, he knows their expectations and hopes, I mean just look where the world is headed this coming week at the UN. You couldn't make this stuff up. The world is waiting for a leader to step into the mold it is creating, someone to unite mankind, to bring about peace, to clean up the environment, to bring equality and end hunger and poverty. He also knows the many false religious expectations, of some kind of messiah figure who will save the world from destruction. And he knows the truth, he knows that his days are numbered and that we true believers are a force to be reckoned with, we are after all the body of Christ, with His spirit manifested through us, we have the very mind of Christ. He cannot fill the vacuum until the vacuum is created. He cannot act until the restraint is removed. Once it is, all these theories and even I think our own confusion over end time events will be "explained" in a way to mankind that will seem to make sense of it all. So when the ingredients for the perfect storm come together, God is going to let it loose. And the man of lawlessness will slip into his role with ease, because the world will be ready and waiting for him to do so.

Will it happen to be when all these crazy events seem to be lining up this month? I don't know, but it sure seems like the time is ripe for something to happen. I guess we will just all have to wait and see.

RT
Resurrection Torchlight
 
Posts: 3738
Joined: Wed May 02, 2007 5:15 pm

Re: Blood Moons

Postby Resurrection Torchlight on Tue Sep 22, 2015 5:19 pm

On another note- I plan on watching the eclipse this Sunday, it's supposed to be nice and clear. Just seems like a neat thing to see.

RT
Resurrection Torchlight
 
Posts: 3738
Joined: Wed May 02, 2007 5:15 pm

Re: Blood Moons

Postby GodsStudent on Wed Sep 23, 2015 3:58 am

It is important, at least I think so, to understand that the enemy knows his subjects, he knows their expectations and hopes, I mean just look where the world is headed this coming week at the UN. You couldn't make this stuff up


Thank you.

Uh, the same day the Pope showed up in the US, which happens to be important timing to the Jewish People, THIS shows up on Mt. Ranier, and people are going nuts because from what I understand, many think that's Christ up there on that mountain. Now, I read my bible and this isn't how Christ is said to be showing up....I know this false sign and lying wonder showed up on the same day the pope showed up in the USA which makes this a false sign and lying wonder....coz' the Revelation clearly says when Christ will show up and this ain't it....which makes this and the whole pope thing really, really creepy to me.....wonder how many people DONT know that...probably a whole lot, because they're falling out over this false sign and lying wonder out there.


http://www.weather.com/science/nature/n ... 8_20150922
Last edited by GodsStudent on Wed Sep 23, 2015 4:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
GodsStudent
Supporting Member
 
Posts: 10994
Joined: Sun Mar 16, 2008 10:36 pm

Re: Blood Moons

Postby GodsStudent on Wed Sep 23, 2015 4:14 am

There is definitely sensationalism on both sides, Jewish and Gentile. It's Sunday, right? That's not long to wait.

Love in Christ,
Mark


Mark, with all due respect, the anomalies that happened in association with prior blood moons didn't happen "day of" as in on Sunday. The Jewish people getting their nation in the blood moon in the 1940s did not happen on the day of the last blood moon in the tetrad, for example

Whether the blood moon be a sign God uses (and it will be in retrospect just like the ones that happened in the past, which means not on Sunday, but some time after, which means all your other questions of me are premature, and not because God is failing to demonstrate what He is saying to us in light of the blood moons).....

those signs, perhaps fulfillment of Ez. 38???.....perhaps not at all, and just like RT said, these will be signs used by satan, since they've been built up.....but as a watchman, why wouldn't I watch these to see what actually does happen?
.....and why is it that because I am not certain God wont use these things to communicate to His chosen Jewish people, (for the umpteenth time, it's His moon, His solar system, and He controls all things, so if he wanted to use these things for His Purposes, which is not something we would see on Sunday, but in the year to come, why couldn't He????

Forget about it....I regret ever mentioning the blood moons, and it appears the "official" position here on FP is that yes, in God's sky there is a tetrad of blood moons and a Super Moon in God's Sky and it means absolutely nothing.....because it couldn't mean anything else, especially since some Messianic people picked up and wrote what we all know are misleading books on the subject.....
GodsStudent
Supporting Member
 
Posts: 10994
Joined: Sun Mar 16, 2008 10:36 pm

Re: Blood Moons

Postby Exit40 on Wed Sep 23, 2015 7:53 am

From the article Lisa provided ...

The phenomenon is commonly seen near The Brocken, the highest peak of the Harz mountain range in Northern Germany, hence the name Brocken spectre. The illusion forms when the sun casts a person's shadow in the mountains, and includes a rainbow halo if there are water droplets in the air.


Uh, the same day the Pope showed up in the US, which happens to be important timing to the Jewish People, THIS shows up on Mt. Ranier, and people are going nuts because from what I understand, many think that's Christ up there on that mountain.


Lisa, you also said this is a false sign, but people are going nuts over this. This is what the reality of our Church is like today, believing false signs and wonders as if they were directly from God Himself. When in fact it is just someones shadow, a common occurrence, not a sign from God. That it gets posted on the same day the Pope arrives in America is significant only as it helps spread the false story and makes Christians look like idiots who can't even read the story, much less the Bible. Here is what a brief word search reveals. There is much more about this ..

Mar 8:12
And he sighed deeply in his spirit, and saith, Why doth this generation seek after a sign? verily I say unto you, There shall no sign be given unto this generation.

Luk 11:29
And when the people were gathered thick together, he began to say, This is an evil generation: they seek a sign; and there shall no sign be given it, but the sign of Jonas the prophet.

1Co 1:22
For the Jews require a sign, and the Greeks seek after wisdom:


It does appear we are a generation seeking signs, and to verify what exactly ? Different for each of us, to an extent, but as we group together to talk about these 'signs' we come to conclusions that are other than Scriptural, and see things that are not there in specifics. These issues were happening around the time of Christ's first advent. Christ Himself talked about it. It was like this from the time of the announcement of His birth. And when when was Jesus actually revealed as the Messiah, the Annointed one ? At His baptism. But, not all who were there could see the Annointing, or hear God's words, His voice. Ever wonder why ? Scripture doesn't say, but I believe it is because some are chosen, some are not. God knows the reasons for that. Perhaps we don't need to know quite so much, and stay within ourselves so as to not get caught up in the sign seeking generation that claims watchman status, who reveal their special knowledge to us lesser beings who do not have God's favor, and and end up following a false teacher, a false shepherd, right off a cliff into deception.

Fact... nothing about these signs has been proven to come about, and what is supposed to happen anyway. Other than something significant will happen we aren't told by these supposed teachers. And it is one failed prediction after another these days, doesn't that in itself point to deception ?

Jews seek a sign = still under the Law
Greeks seek wisdom = knowledge of the world
Christians would be better if they sought Grace in their daily lives.

Something big is about to happen, we are going to see the great deception fall on many people. What happens to those people ?

God Bless You

David
Eph 2:8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God

T'was Grace that taught my heart to fear.
And Grace, my fears relieved.
How precious did that Grace appear
The hour I first believed.
User avatar
Exit40
Supporting Member
 
Posts: 8850
Joined: Mon Mar 06, 2006 6:46 am

Re: Blood Moons

Postby GodsStudent on Wed Sep 23, 2015 9:20 am

David, I think my post clearly stated that I was distressed that people saw this thing on Mt. Ranier as "a sign." That means, in the most general terms, that I agree with you. I have discernment and I appreciate that you do, too.

I think the whole blood moons tetrad thing has been blown way out of proportion at this point and I don't care to discuss it any further. Whatever it is that I wonder about it with respect to how it and the associated feast and/or supermoon, may affect the Jewish people, or be intended with respect to those Jewish people watching, I choose to keep to myself going forward, and not share here on FP. I feel like, IF it has relevance, it will not apply in the immediate future...but as in the past, with respect to a few things historically, it applied in proximity to the actual conclusion of the event.

I literally just learned moments ago that the on the Jewish calendar, the feast dates are set in relation to full moons, so this may fully explain why when we have tetrads they are associated with feast days, and beyond that, when we have tetrads with blood moons, the same would apply. So, my lack of understanding of Jewish practices as to how they set up their calendar is at question presently in my mind. Of course, there are very few people who have tackled this information from any perspective other than to get on a hype and perpetuate false information (OR REACT TO IT), so researching it responsibly has proved to be very difficult, and I have a full time PLUS job, a family to take care of and I am physically challenged, so it's rather difficult for me to be the good berean in short order. Thank you for your patience.

At this point, I feel like I'm being crucified for even trying to watch it, and given that I am in my feelings now, it could affect my ability to continue fellowshipping here, should this sort of thing continue...so lets make a deal....direct no statements to me further and I will not post on it further.

and to be clear.
It's not my fault and I have not contributed irresponsibly to the perception that people out there have over the Mt. Ranier thing. In fact, I pointed to it to say that it's a problem....like any discerning Christian would do.
GodsStudent
Supporting Member
 
Posts: 10994
Joined: Sun Mar 16, 2008 10:36 pm

Re: Blood Moons

Postby extravagantchristian on Wed Sep 23, 2015 10:32 am

The blood moons are either a sign from God or their not. And none of us know for sure yet. All we can do is wait and see. If they are from God, then it hasn't been blown out of proportion, since any sign from Him is a big deal.

Speaking of signs, I can't help but recalling all the possible signs from the last few years...

The lightning striking the Vatican when the pope was being elected
the Blood Moons
the Rainbow over the freedom tower on 9/11, proceeding the rainbow on the white house and freedom tower last summer

It's not just the eclipses, if you look at the big picture, there's more going on. And surely God's signs are not to be ignored.

exit40:


Acts 2:19 I will show wonders in heaven above And signs in the earth beneath: Blood and fire and vapor of smoke.

John 6:2 Then a great multitude followed Him, because they saw His signs which He performed

Matthew 16:3 and in the morning, ‘It will be foul weather today, for the sky is red and threatening.’ Hypocrites! You know how to discern the face of the sky, but you cannot discern the signs of the times.

Mark 16:20 And they went out and preached everywhere, the Lord working with them and confirming the word through the accompanying signs. Amen.

Genesis 1:14 Then God said, “Let there be lights in the firmament of the heavens to divide the day from the night; and let them be for signs and seasons, and for days and years;

extravagantchristian
 
Posts: 3023
Joined: Wed Feb 13, 2008 8:44 am

Re: Blood Moons

Postby GodsStudent on Wed Sep 23, 2015 11:51 am

EC, you make a good point. When lightening struck the Vatican at the inception of the Pope's election, I thought God did that....and I still do.
Scripture says there will be signs (you posted some of them)
and scripture says there will be FALSE SIGNS AND LYING WONDERS.....

so, what immediately came to mind when my husband and I discussed the so called sign on Mt. Ranier last night (because everyone went nuts right away, tying the arrival of the Pope with this "sign" on Mr. Ranier, and the fact that they happened on the same day).....was that it was a FALSE SIGN and LYING WONDER.

I based my opinion on scripture in my conversation with my husband. I said to him that scripture says when Christ comes and we see Him, it will be in the sky and he mentioned that when that happens EVERY knee will bow (love Him or believe in Him or not)......

And....as we all know, satan loves to mimic or copy God.....so, it stands to reason that he will provide signs, and this is where our ability to discern the signs of the time will fall in place.
GodsStudent
Supporting Member
 
Posts: 10994
Joined: Sun Mar 16, 2008 10:36 pm

Re: Blood Moons

Postby Exit40 on Thu Sep 24, 2015 8:15 am

GodsStudent wrote:David, I think my post clearly stated that I was distressed that people saw this thing on Mt. Ranier as "a sign." That means, in the most general terms, that I agree with you. I have discernment and I appreciate that you do, too.


Well yeah Lisa. That is why I mentioned it. Then going on I talked about the 'seeking a sign' type generation our Christians are becoming. I presume from your comment you can see that too. None of that is aimed at you.

I think the whole blood moons tetrad thing has been blown way out of proportion at this point and I don't care to discuss it any further.


I am tired of it too, as it is a false sign in my opinion. I do believe it is profitable to discuss the REACTION to it, as I believe it has to do with setting up the great deception. As you said, people are going nuts over this, and I think this is important to how the unbelieving world sees us as Christians. I don't know if you remember the hullabaloo over the piece of toast that resembled the Mother Mary ? Or the water stain on a concrete bridge that looked like Christ ? Recently on the other end of the spectrum, how about the dog's butt that looked like Christ with His arms outstretched ? Many moons, sorry couldn't resist', have passed since, but it seems Christians have not gotten any better about discerning actual signs by reading the Scriptures and seeing for themselves what it says about these purported signs. It is my contention, and many others as well, that Scripture is 100% accurate in it's description of certain signs and discerning Christians will be able to refute the false signs Scripturally. The information you just learned has been out there almost since the beginning of this debacle, most of it presented here. It's up to you to read and do the research if you want to call yourself a watcher. When you do so, you represent Christ as He wants you to, with the accuracy that can only be attained by discerning what Scripture has to say about these things. Our Father doesn't put out signs for us who Love Him to be confused or to sow discord. That is what the enemy does, and he is getting really good at subverting Christians from the Truth presented in Scripture. He is able to do this because we are not being properly taught doctrine first so we know who He Is, and we don't read the Scriptures for ourselves. Our Father who Loves us has the best of intentions for us as we go through these times. It is Him we need to seek, in His Living Word, for enlightenment about our times. As this is not done by most we all become the subjects of ridicule by unbelievers, and Christ Himself gets ridiculed, as the hyperbole and conspiracy theories come one after another getting all the attention, and taking away from what is really happening. That in itself is a sign, I have presented a few passages that explicitly state that, and what we are not to do in that respect. I think it is more than appropriate to discuss that sign.

At this point, I feel like I'm being crucified for even trying to watch it, and given that I am in my feelings now, it could affect my ability to continue fellowshipping here, should this sort of thing continue...so lets make a deal....direct no statements to me further and I will not post on it further.


I will not make that deal. This is a Christian discussion board, all should be allowed to discuss topics we think are relevant. Feel free to do so yourself, and please don't think because I disagree with you on some topics I am crucifying you. If you think I am, please point out my statements so I can address them them with you. I have no intention of castigating anyone who is discussing a relevant topic, as long as they want to discuss and not tell me I need to wake up because I believe differently. See, I too am being relegated into a position other than what I believe I occupy. So I will make this deal with you. Let us continue to discuss and refrain from offensive language as much as we possibly can. And if we see offense let us discuss the actual statements made to each other, and not bring in what someone else has said. Pretty much, that is the way we have been doing it here since the beginning of this board IAW the rules that govern our communications and within the bounds of how Scripture says we should treat each other.

and to be clear.
It's not my fault and I have not contributed irresponsibly to the perception that people out there have over the Mt. Ranier thing. In fact, I pointed to it to say that it's a problem....like any discerning Christian would do.


Lisa, no need to even mention, no one accused you of anything of the like.

Thank you for your patience.


1Th 1:24 We give thanks to God always for you all, making mention of you in our prayers;

Remembering without ceasing your work of faith, and labour of love, and patience of hope in our Lord Jesus Christ, in the sight of God and our Father;

Knowing, brethren beloved, your election of God.


God Bless You

David
Eph 2:8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God

T'was Grace that taught my heart to fear.
And Grace, my fears relieved.
How precious did that Grace appear
The hour I first believed.
User avatar
Exit40
Supporting Member
 
Posts: 8850
Joined: Mon Mar 06, 2006 6:46 am

Re: Blood Moons

Postby keithareilly on Thu Sep 24, 2015 9:09 am

The tetrad blood moons are of interest first because they are rare.

The prophetic interest in them is elevated because of the state of the world, that is, the signs of the times.

Were is not for the signs of the times, the blood moons would not be prophetically interesting, only astronomically interesting. It is the fact that people are paying attention to the signs of the times that has brought prophetic attention to the tetrad.

As a people, our thought processes have become digital instead of analog, binary, yes or no; on or off. We want a single binary, yes or no, on or off, digital type of signal or sign. The signs of the times is more analog with a signal strength increasing gradually as many things (signs) come together. The tetrad of blood moons is just as significant as other signs of the times.

It is the culmination of the signs of the times that we are watching and I see no reason to discount the blood moons as one of those signs culminating in the total. Nevertheless, it is the signs of the times, the culmination of the individual signs that is important and are pointing to for what we are watching and waiting.


Individually, the tetrad of blood moons is less important than when added together with other signs of the times. Individually, each sign could be discounted.
Together they make up the signs of the times and are why we watch each with interest.

Personally, I am watching to see if the tetrad proves to be individually significant. Maybe, maybe not.
What matters is that we lift our heads up and sniff the air, grunting a warning if we smell something dangerous.

Keith
keithareilly
Supporting Member
 
Posts: 1674
Joined: Mon Mar 13, 2006 2:48 pm
Location: Mineral Bluff, GA

Re: Blood Moons

Postby Loop on Thu Sep 24, 2015 9:43 am

The tetrad blood moons are of interest first because they are rare.

The prophetic interest in them is elevated because of the state of the world, that is, the signs of the times.

Were is not for the signs of the times, the blood moons would not be prophetically interesting, only astronomically interesting. It is the fact that people are paying attention to the signs of the times that has brought prophetic attention to the tetrad.

As a people, our thought processes have become digital instead of analog, binary, yes or no; on or off. We want a single binary, yes or no, on or off, digital type of signal or sign. The signs of the times is more analog with a signal strength increasing gradually as many things (signs) come together. The tetrad of blood moons is just as significant as other signs of the times.

It is the culmination of the signs of the times that we are watching and I see no reason to discount the blood moons as one of those signs culminating in the total. Nevertheless, it is the signs of the times, the culmination of the individual signs that is important and are pointing to for what we are watching and waiting.


Individually, the tetrad of blood moons is less important than when added together with other signs of the times. Individually, each sign could be discounted.
Together they make up the signs of the times and are why we watch each with interest.

Personally, I am watching to see if the tetrad proves to be individually significant. Maybe, maybe not.
What matters is that we lift our heads up and sniff the air, grunting a warning if we smell something dangerous.

Keith


Amen
Psalms 91
1 He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty.
2 I will say of the LORD, He is my refuge and my fortress: my God; in him will I trust.
Loop
 
Posts: 1739
Joined: Mon Mar 13, 2006 10:08 am
Location: WV

Re: Blood Moons

Postby GodsStudent on Thu Sep 24, 2015 12:43 pm

I removed my posts because when I prayed about it, the Lord gave me those specific instructions for the benefit of all, as He said. Thanks, Heavenly Father, for your guidance, your grace, and most especially for your Son Christ Jesus, who forgives me and everyone else, too.
GodsStudent
Supporting Member
 
Posts: 10994
Joined: Sun Mar 16, 2008 10:36 pm

Re: Blood Moons

Postby extravagantchristian on Thu Oct 01, 2015 10:43 am

SO, 3 days after the blood moon and now we have a new Russian alliance including Iran, Bombing Syria and threatening the US. Coincidence??

Isaiah 17
NLT

17 This message came to me concerning Damascus:

“Look, the city of Damascus will disappear!
It will become a heap of ruins.
2 The towns of Aroer will be deserted.
Flocks will graze in the streets and lie down undisturbed,
with no one to chase them away.
3 The fortified towns of Israel will also be destroyed,
and the royal power of Damascus will end.
All that remains of Syria
will share the fate of Israel’s departed glory,”
declares the Lord of Heaven’s Armies.
4 “In that day Israel’s glory will grow dim;
its robust body will waste away.
5 The whole land will look like a grainfield
after the harvesters have gathered the grain.
It will be desolate,
like the fields in the valley of Rephaim after the harvest.
6 Only a few of its people will be left,
like stray olives left on a tree after the harvest.
Only two or three remain in the highest branches,
four or five scattered here and there on the limbs,”
declares the Lord, the God of Israel.
7 Then at last the people will look to their Creator
and turn their eyes to the Holy One of Israel.
8 They will no longer look to their idols for help
or worship what their own hands have made.
They will never again bow down to their Asherah poles
or worship at the pagan shrines they have built.
9 Their largest cities will be like a deserted forest,
like the land the Hivites and Amorites abandoned
when the Israelites came here so long ago.
It will be utterly desolate.
10 Why? Because you have turned from the God who can save you.
You have forgotten the Rock who can hide you.
So you may plant the finest grapevines
and import the most expensive seedlings.
11 They may sprout on the day you set them out;
yes, they may blossom on the very morning you plant them,
but you will never pick any grapes from them.
Your only harvest will be a load of grief and unrelieved pain.
12 Listen! The armies of many nations
roar like the roaring of the sea.
Hear the thunder of the mighty forces
as they rush forward like thundering waves.
13 But though they thunder like breakers on a beach,
God will silence them, and they will run away.
They will flee like chaff scattered by the wind,
like a tumbleweed whirling before a storm.
14 In the evening Israel waits in terror,
but by dawn its enemies are dead.
This is the just reward of those who plunder us,
a fitting end for those who destroy us.
extravagantchristian
 
Posts: 3023
Joined: Wed Feb 13, 2008 8:44 am


Return to SIGNS

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests