I am proud to be gay, says pop star Ricky Martin

Events indicative of the end-times which may, or may not, be related to a specific Scripture.

Postby denise on Mon Mar 29, 2010 10:26 pm

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/entertainment/8594121.stm

Puerto Rican pop star Ricky Martin has announced he is gay, ending years of speculation over his sexuality.

Martin, who has sold more than 60 million albums in a career spanning three decades, said on his website that he felt "blessed to be who he was".

He added that he had kept his sexuality hidden so far because advisers had told him coming out could hurt his career.

His biggest hit is Livin' La Vida Loca - a 1999 single that reached number one in more than 20 countries.

Martin, who fathered two children with a surrogate mother two years ago, said on his website: "Today I have accepted my homosexuality as a gift that gives me life."

He said his decision to write his memoirs had helped him to free "things that were too heavy to keep inside".

Martin began his career in the 1980s with the Puerto Rican boy-band, Menudo.

Ricky Martin is right about one thing, the weight of SIN is very heavy.

But JESUS said...

"Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light."

Matthew 11:30
Standfast therefore in the Liberty which Christ has made you free
and be not entangled again with the yoke of bondage.

Galations 5:1
denise

Re: I am proud to be gay, says pop star Ricky Martin

Postby WhiteH2OWoman on Tue Apr 20, 2010 4:38 pm

"La Vida Loca" indeed! :cry:
(it was a hit song Ricky had, translation is "The Crazy Life.")
WhiteH2OWoman
Supporting Member

Postby extravagantchristian on Tue Apr 20, 2010 4:45 pm

Gay or not it makes no difference. The man is still lost either way. At least he probably knows he is living in what the Bible calls sin. That makes him one step closer to getting saved than those who think they are "good people".
extravagantchristian

Postby DutchLady on Wed Apr 21, 2010 1:39 pm

Well I am proud to be straight, but no longer allowed to say so, apparently :eek:
DutchLady

Postby LandscapeMan on Sun Apr 25, 2010 11:39 am

I understand why gays and lesbians feel compeled to be out and proud as they say.

In many ways the homosexual community was better off in the closet.

I was raised in a small town. Seems every town had the old bachelor, or two women that lived together. Our certainly had both. All three were teachers. The bachelor taught high scool english, and of the two women one was a forth grade teacher and the other taught PE. I am sure everyone in town that new them suspected or new what was going on, but no one cared. These people were accepted as part of the community, had friends, and in many ways were well thought of in the community. Their sexuality was not what they were about, anymore than mine or yours. I feel certain that they were comfortable with things the way they were. Why be out? Why flaunt something that people know but choose to ignore?

The bottom line as I see it is that all the out and proud crowd really ruined things for people that were just content with being who they were.

To me the real acceptance they were looking for could have better been achieved by being know how you serve and are part of society rather than being know for just your sexuality, which is in fact been what they have done to themselves.
LandscapeMan

Postby OneDay on Sun Apr 25, 2010 4:50 pm

Well, the way I see it, sin is never satisfied. It is a rotting process...
Romans 1:24Therefore God gave them over in the sinful desires of their hearts to sexual impurity for the degrading of their bodies with one another. 25They exchanged the truth of God for a lie, and worshiped and served created things rather than the Creator—who is forever praised. Amen.
26Because of this, God gave them over to shameful lusts. Even their women exchanged natural relations for unnatural ones. 27In the same way the men also abandoned natural relations with women and were inflamed with lust for one another. Men committed indecent acts with other men, and received in themselves the due penalty for their perversion.

Jude 1:7
Even as Sodom and Gomorrah, and the cities about them in like manner, giving themselves over to fornication, and going after strange flesh, are set forth for an example, suffering the vengeance of eternal fire.

God told Abraham that his descendants were going to leave the land of Canaan for 400 years because the iniquity of the people living in the land was not complete. There is a process for a society to be taken over by iniquity. In the case of the Canaanites, God gave these people 400 years to stop iniquity. God knew that after 400 years the iniquity of the people would reach its peak. The people would not turn from sin, but they would completely embrace it.
When studying Genesis 15:16 there is a key word in this verse. It is the Hebrew word translated full. This word is directly connected with the idea of friendly or friendship. The concept of this word is that when a society is friendly with iniquity at that point it is subject to judgment from God. Iniquity is no longer shameful or disgraceful. It is not hidden or done in the dark. The people are friendly with it. They are accustomed to it. In Genesis 15:16, the Bible does not define iniquity: it simply states that there is a time for it to mature in a society and become full.
Exalt the Lord our God and worship at His holy mountain, for the Lord our God is holy.
Psalm 99:9
http://www.acwitness.org/psalm83english.html
OneDay

Postby OneDay on Sun Apr 25, 2010 5:07 pm

The Bible warns that when homosexuality becomes an ordinance, social custom or norm, it will bring God's judgment on that nation. When the Bible defines iniquity, the homosexual act would automatically fall under the description of this word. In the strongest language possible, the Bible says because of iniquity the land will vomit out its inhabitants.
The United States is enacting, by both custom and law, the Ordinances of the Amorites; therefore the nation is defiled before the holy God of Israel and faces His judgment. By promoting homosexuality, America has become like the ancient pagan Amorites and has now come under the judgment of God.
America promotes homosexuality by custom with events such as Gay Pride Day, Gay Awareness Month (June), Gay day at Disney land, Gay Day at sporting events and events like Southern Decadence in New Orleans . There are gay clubs in high schools and colleges. The political parties are pandering to the homosexuals for their votes. By custom, homosexuality has woven itself into the fabric of America .
America is continually making ordinances to advance the homosexual agenda. The Bible warns of God judging a nation that walks in these ordinances. When the corporate attitude of a nation is friendly toward homosexuality then at this point the iniquity is full. It is apparent that “the cup” of America’s sin is rapidly filling up. Americans hardly blush anymore at fornication and adultery. The nation kills over one million babies a year with up to 50 million killed since 1973. The legalizing of abortion was an additional Ordinance of the Amorites. Homosexuality is fast becoming a constitutional right. The only ordinance left to fulfill Leviticus 18 is bestiality. This is probably next on line to become an ordinance!
The Scriptures indicate that when a person engages in homosexuality it is an indication they are under God’s judgment. The judgment is described as, "God gave them up." This happens when a person is in deep rebellion against God. This rebellion manifests itself in homosexuality which would then cause God to give them over to this act. They can be sealed into homosexuality.
A homosexual can repent and trust Jesus Christ as Savior just like any other sinner; however, those that are in deep rebellion against God and not just caught in the power of this sin are given over to it. There is a huge difference between being under the power of sin and being given over to it in judgment by God. A homosexual that is not a reprobate is one that knows the act is wrong and is under condemnation.
There are numbers of homosexuals who are not reprobates as they struggle against this iniquity. There is hope for them in the saving gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ. The gospel of Jesus Christ has more power than the lust of homosexuality or any other iniquity!
Exalt the Lord our God and worship at His holy mountain, for the Lord our God is holy.
Psalm 99:9
http://www.acwitness.org/psalm83english.html
OneDay

Postby kazbo on Sun Apr 25, 2010 6:41 pm

To me the real acceptance they were looking for could have better been achieved by being know how you serve and are part of society rather than being know for just your sexuality, which is in fact been what they have done to themselves.

I think you're right. It's like they've wrapped their entire identity in their sexuality rather than who they are as people apart from their sexuality, whereas I don't identity my entire self by my heterosexuality - it's just a piece, not the whole. But it seems for them being gay is Who They Are.
kazbo

Postby PraiseHim on Sun Apr 25, 2010 10:38 pm

OneDay I agree it is clearly a finger in God's eye

and I think it is meant that way,

remember Anita Bryant, she had a beautiful voice, and sang at football halftimes and such for years, spoke out against homosexuality and was never heard from again,

I think that is what is hoped will happen to Chrisitans since the hate speech legislation is law.

Sodom and Gomorah are gone because of homosexuality, it is a sin and will not be tolerated by God, I wonder how it will be handled in the millinium (maybe one of those things you die early for).

1 Peter 1:13-16

Be Holy
13Therefore, prepare your minds for action; be self-controlled; set your hope fully on the grace to be given you when Jesus Christ is revealed. 14As obedient children, do not conform to the evil desires you had when you lived in ignorance. 15But just as he who called you is holy, so be holy in all you do; 16for it is written: "Be holy, because I am holy."[a]
Remember in Algebra I how you always had to show your work? That's the idea James is getting at here.

James 3:13-18 (New Living Translation)

13 If you are wise and understand God's ways, prove it by living an honorable life, doing good works with the humility that comes from wisdom. 14 But if you are bitterly jealous and there is selfish ambition in your heart, don't cover up the truth with boasting and lying. 15 For jealousy and selfishness are not God's kind of wisdom. Such things are earthly, unspiritual, and demonic. 16 For wherever there is jealousy and selfish ambition, there you will find disorder and evil of every kind.

So, here's the extra credit.

17 But the wisdom from above is first of all pure. It is also peace loving, gentle at all times, and willing to yield to others. It is full of mercy and good deeds. It shows no favoritism and is always sincere. 18 And those who are peacemakers will plant seeds of peace and reap a harvest of righteousness.

This is 411God.
PraiseHim

Postby GodsStudent on Mon Apr 26, 2010 9:13 am

Excellent comments, OneDay! Thank you and I completely agree with you!!!
GodsStudent
Supporting Member

Return to SIGNS