Hurricane/Tyhoon/Tornado Watch

Events indicative of the end-times which may, or may not, be related to a specific Scripture.

Re: Hurricane/Tyhoon/Tornado Watch

Postby burien1 on Thu Nov 07, 2013 6:36 pm

gracebyfaith wrote:Super Typhoon Haiyan, one of strongest storms ever

With sustained winds of 315 kph (195 mph) and gusts as strong as 380 kph (235 mph), Haiyan churned across the Western Pacific into the Philippines.

Haiyan will move over the many islands of the central Philippines over the next 18 hours before exiting into the South China Sea overnight Friday into Saturday. Haiyan will weaken slightly as the storm crosses land.

The storm, known as Yolanda in the Philippines, is so large in diameter that clouds from it are affecting two-thirds of the country, which extends over 1,850 kilometers (1,150 miles).

http://www.cnn.com/2013/11/07/world/asi ... index.html

195mph winds! 235mph gust! If your not concerned yet, there will be more to come even before the wrath of the Lamb.

:praying: for all in the path of this storm.
Psalm 119:105; Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path.
burien1

Postby Abiding in His Word on Thu Nov 07, 2013 7:16 pm

Oh my...I can't imagine winds that strong. :(

:praying:
Abiding in His Word
SITE ADMIN

Postby gracebyfaith on Fri Nov 08, 2013 9:56 am

Haiyan is the 11th typhoon to form in the Western Pacific in the last seven weeks, which has been an "exceptionally active period," according to the UK Met Office News Blog. It is also the year's fifth super typhoon.

This is somewhat unusual, because the peak of typhoon season usually occurs about one month earlier, McNoldy said.

http://news.yahoo.com/typhoon-haiyan-be ... 50948.html
gracebyfaith

Postby ToledoDebbie on Thu Aug 24, 2017 10:53 am

Hurricane Harvey is intensifying and new warnings that are being announced sound quite serious. I pray that any of our members and their loved ones, in the path of this deadly storm, be kept safe.
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/08/24/hu ... aches.html
Last edited by ToledoDebbie on Thu Aug 24, 2017 12:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ToledoDebbie

Postby Jericho on Thu Aug 24, 2017 11:13 am

ToledoDebbie wrote:Hurricane Harvey is intensifying and new warnings that are being announced sound quite serious. I pray that any of our members or their loved ones, in the path path of this deadly storm, be kept safe.

I'm in Galveston. It doesn't look like we will get the brunt of it, but probably lots of flooding.
Formerly SwordOfGideon
Jericho

Postby ToledoDebbie on Thu Aug 24, 2017 11:41 am

Jericho, Each hour the warnings keep getting more dire! I will pray for your safety over the coming days. :praying:
ToledoDebbie

Postby Jay Ross on Thu Aug 24, 2017 12:47 pm

If one considers the weather patterns, then it is easy to observe that the weather patterns have moved in time such that the usual weather patterns are occurring about one month later than usual.

Over the last 40 or so years in the Indian/Pacific ocean region, there has been a reduction in the number of major weather events, i.e. cyclones(/tornadoes) etc. occurring each year. There was a period where the "cyclones"/low pressure cell weather events off Australia were forming much further south because the pressure gradients had spread out such that the low pressure cells in the tropics were covering the whole of Australia and the high pressure cells were occurring in the Southern Ocean to the south of Australia instead of in the Australian Bight. It is only in the last year or so that the high pressure cells have been again forming in the Great Australian Bight region and the probability of cyclones forming around the Australian Coastline has increased.

In Jeremiah 51, it speaks of a change in the weather patterns of the earth because there was a desire of the nations to heal the land of the Chaldeans instead of destroying it and its people.
Jay Ross

Postby burien1 on Thu Aug 24, 2017 12:53 pm

Jericho wrote:
ToledoDebbie wrote:Hurricane Harvey is intensifying and new warnings that are being announced sound quite serious. I pray that any of our members or their loved ones, in the path path of this deadly storm, be kept safe.

I'm in Galveston. It doesn't look like we will get the brunt of it, but probably lots of flooding.

Praying for all of you that will be affected. :praying:
burien1

Postby ToledoDebbie on Thu Aug 24, 2017 1:02 pm

Hurricane Harvey "updated" report 4:00 p.m. est 8/24/17 https://www.vox.com/science-and-health/ ... on-houston
ToledoDebbie

Postby Abiding in His Word on Fri Aug 25, 2017 4:01 pm

The Weather Channel is reporting a category 4 now with winds at 130 mph.

:praying:
Abiding in His Word
SITE ADMIN

Postby Jericho on Fri Aug 25, 2017 8:46 pm

This is a very strange storm. It seemed to come out of nowhere and became a threat very fast. And unlike most hurricanes, it intensified just before coming onto shore. Now it's projected to go inland then boomerang back around and head toward the Houston area. Things are calm right now where I am, but if it does what it is projected to do then we could have problems with flooding well into next week.
Formerly SwordOfGideon
Jericho

Postby burien1 on Sat Aug 26, 2017 6:18 am

Jericho wrote:This is a very strange storm. It seemed to come out of nowhere and became a threat very fast. And unlike most hurricanes, it intensified just before coming onto shore. Now it's projected to go inland then boomerang back around and head toward the Houston area. Things are calm right now where I am, but if it does what it is projected to do then we could have problems with flooding well into next week.

As I watched this storm the last two days, I could not help but wonder what Kushner and Greenbatt were saying to Israel behind closed doors at their meeting. :tinhat:

Praying for you, Jericho. Please remember it is better to be safe, than sorry. The rain they are calling for is unbelievable. :( It can rain hard enough in 30 minutes time to cause flooding, as we found out here several times this summer.
burien1

Postby ToledoDebbie on Sat Aug 26, 2017 10:18 am

Jericho, I have been watching and praying for you and your loved ones, there in Galveston. I just heard that they are evacuating everyone beyond the SeaWall (not sure what that means?) but, it sounded bad. Hope you and yours are safe and not in harms way as this horrible storm continues to cause destruction. Praying also for all of the people in the areas affected and just made a donation to the Red Cross to help with the assistance that they will be providing in the coming days. :praying:
ToledoDebbie

Postby Jericho on Sat Aug 26, 2017 10:34 am

Thanks for all the prayers Debbie and burien. I haven't heard anything about an evacuation, but its probably for people living on the west end of Galveston who don't have the seawall for protection. There's been street flooding, but nothing what I would call major. But it's supposed to hang around for days, so I don't think we are out of the clear yet.
Formerly SwordOfGideon
Jericho

Postby Jericho on Sun Aug 27, 2017 10:52 am

Things are looking good here in Galveston, but in Houston and surrounding areas it is swamped. What's worse is they don't expect the rain to stop until Wednesday or Thursday.
Formerly SwordOfGideon
Jericho

Postby burien1 on Sun Aug 27, 2017 12:41 pm

Jericho wrote:Things are looking good here in Galveston, but in Houston and surrounding areas it is swamped. What's worse is they don't expect the rain to stop until Wednesday or Thursday.

Happy to hear you are okay there, Jericho. Thank you, Jesus!!!
Looks very bad in parts of Houston. :praying: for all of you. Thanks for keeping us updated.
burien1

Postby ToledoDebbie on Sun Aug 27, 2017 5:16 pm

ToledoDebbie

Postby Spreading Salt on Tue Sep 19, 2017 6:32 pm

Spreading Salt
Supporting Member

Postby Jericho on Tue Sep 19, 2017 9:33 pm

Spreading Salt wrote:Harvey --- Irma ---- now Maria :shock:

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2017/09/19 ... inica.html

Yup, this is shaping up to be a very active season, and its not over until the end of November. :eek:
Formerly SwordOfGideon
Jericho

Previous

Return to SIGNS