Hurricane/Tyhoon/Tornado Watch

Events indicative of the end-times which may, or may not, be related to a specific Scripture.

Hurricane/Tyhoon/Tornado Watch

Postby Keeping Alert on Mon Sep 01, 2008 2:07 am

With the impending Gustav, I was wondering why we should have threads on Volcano and Earthquake Watch... why not have a Hurricane/Typhoon/Tornado Watch. I don't live in a part of the world where there are a lot of these, so I will leave it to those who are interested in such things to start contributing. :grin:
Now is my soul troubled; and what shall I say? Father, save me from this hour: but for this cause came I unto this hour.

πατερ δοξασον σου το ονομα
Father, glorify thy name.

Whether therefore ye eat, or drink, or whatsoever ye do, do all to the glory of God.
Keeping Alert

Re: Hurricane/Tornado Watch

Postby MarvelousMom on Fri Sep 05, 2008 1:51 pm

:dunno:
Last edited by MarvelousMom on Wed Sep 21, 2011 9:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
MarvelousMom
Supporting Member

Re: Hurricane/Tyhoon/Tornado Watch

Postby burien1 on Fri Sep 05, 2008 5:04 pm

I`m praying Ike doesn`t go near anyone, MarvelousMom. I`m under a TS warning now for Hanna. It`s expected here in Maryland by early afternoon saturday.For me, even 35 mile an hour winds are dangerous, since I live in the woods. The last time, I lost my electric, cable ,phone, and internet for a week. As long as one of my big trees doesn`t come down on me, I`ll be okay, God willing.

I`m ready to move to Alaska!!!!! Stay Safe! :onlyjesus:

Brenda
Psalm 119:105; Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path.
burien1

Postby SueAnn on Fri Sep 05, 2008 8:38 pm

burien1 wrote:I`m praying Ike doesn`t go near anyone, MarvelousMom. I`m under a TS warning now for Hanna. It`s expected here in Maryland by early afternoon saturday.For me, even 35 mile an hour winds are dangerous, since I live in the woods. The last time, I lost my electric, cable ,phone, and internet for a week. As long as one of my big trees doesn`t come down on me, I`ll be okay, God willing.

I`m ready to move to Alaska!!!!! Stay Safe! :onlyjesus:

Brenda

Brenda, KYW (newsradio) has warned of severe rainstorms here in PA tomorrow. They said start looking for the rain overnight. I am not worried. The worse that is likely to happen here in Norristown is a flooded basement.

I'll be thinking of you tomorrow, dear Brenda. Please let us know you are OK ASAP.
ﺗﻜﻮﻳﻦ 12
وَقَالَ الرَّبُّ لأَبْرَامَ: «اتْرُكْ أَرْضَكَ وَعَشِيرَتَكَ وَبَيْتَ أَبِيكَ وَاذْهَبْ إِلَى الأَرْضِ الَّتِي أُرِيكَ،
فَأَجْعَلَ مِنْكَ أُمَّةً كَبِيرَةً وَأُبَارِكَكَ وَأُعَظِّمَ اسْمَكَ، وَتَكُونَ بَرَكَةً (لِكَثِيرِينَ).
َأُبَارِكُ مُبَارِكِيكَ وَأَلْعَنُ لاعِنِيكَ، وَتَتَبَارَكُ فِيكَ جَمِيعُ أُمَمِ الأَرْضِ »
SueAnn
Supporting Member

Postby burien1 on Sat Sep 06, 2008 8:08 am

Bless you, SueAnn. It was wonderful to wake up to the sound of life-giving rain. :praise: We are in a drought here.

The center of the storm hasn`t reached DC yet, so the winds are yet to come. They are calling for wind gusts over 50 miles an hour. Here in the woods, that will sound like one train after another. I`m as prepared as I can be. The best preparation is prayer, so please everyone, send some my way.
I hope this isn`t one of those storms that decides to take a detour up the Chesapeake bay. TS agnes did that about 35 years ago and tore this area up. I`m east of the 95 corridor and at the mouth of the bay, so it`s going to be an interesting day. I`m praying for everyone in the path of these storms and starting to be concerned for Florida.
God bless and protect all my brothers and sisters in Christ! :praying:

YSIC,
Brenda
burien1

Postby SueAnn on Sat Sep 06, 2008 1:05 pm

Started raining in the middle of the night here in PA. Has been pouring rain almost nonstop all day. No flooding in the basement yet. Watched a wedding party trying desperately to get from the limosine into the church across the street. They finally wrapped the bridesmaids up in rolls of plastic and took them inside one at a time. The bride looked like a plastic mummy. What an awful day to wear a big-bucks wedding gown!!
ﺗﻜﻮﻳﻦ 12
وَقَالَ الرَّبُّ لأَبْرَامَ: «اتْرُكْ أَرْضَكَ وَعَشِيرَتَكَ وَبَيْتَ أَبِيكَ وَاذْهَبْ إِلَى الأَرْضِ الَّتِي أُرِيكَ،
فَأَجْعَلَ مِنْكَ أُمَّةً كَبِيرَةً وَأُبَارِكَكَ وَأُعَظِّمَ اسْمَكَ، وَتَكُونَ بَرَكَةً (لِكَثِيرِينَ).
َأُبَارِكُ مُبَارِكِيكَ وَأَلْعَنُ لاعِنِيكَ، وَتَتَبَارَكُ فِيكَ جَمِيعُ أُمَمِ الأَرْضِ »
SueAnn
Supporting Member

Postby burien1 on Sun Sep 07, 2008 9:28 am

It wasn`t that bad. I have a lot of limbs and sticks to pick up and leaves covering everything and a few gutters that were torn lose. Praise the Lord for his mercy and goodness!!! We really needed the rain. I feel very sorry for Cuba right now.

Brenda :bowing: :praise:
burien1

Postby Abiding in His Word on Sun Sep 07, 2008 12:10 pm

burien1 wrote: I`m praying for everyone in the path of these storms and starting to be concerned for Florida.

Right now, it looks like Ike will be bypassing us in Florida. Unless this hurricane decides to make a sharp turn north, we should start to pray for those in Texas and Louisanna. :praying:
Abiding in His Word
SITE ADMIN

Postby Abiding in His Word on Sun Sep 07, 2008 12:12 pm

Abiding in His Word wrote:
burien1 wrote: I`m praying for everyone in the path of these storms and starting to be concerned for Florida.

Right now, it looks like Ike will be bypassing Florida. Unless this hurricane decides to make a sharp turn north, we should start to pray for those in Texas and Louisanna. :praying:
Abiding in His Word
SITE ADMIN

Postby christian_m0mmy on Mon Sep 08, 2008 6:14 pm

http://www.wsbtv.com/hurricanetracker/index.html

This is from my local news station, but it is very handy in tracking current and past storms. Tracks strength and path...
Col 2:6 Therefore as you have received Christ Jesus the Lord, so walk in Him

Col 2:6 You have accepted Christ Jesus as your Lord. Now keep on following him.
christian_m0mmy

Postby SueAnn on Mon Sep 08, 2008 6:22 pm

Thanks, mommy, I really like that tracking graphic. It's much easier to read than many others I have seen.
ﺗﻜﻮﻳﻦ 12
SueAnn
Supporting Member

Postby Pretzelogical on Wed Sep 17, 2008 5:46 am

We're grateful Ike did not cause tornadoes here in the midwest when Ike moved through on Sunday. However, millions of people are still without electricty. Cincinnati's Duke Energy lost 90% of its power on Sunday. 75% of those folks have had power restored this morning. Teams came up from the Carolina's and Texas, of all places! haha Indianapolis is fine, but east of Indianapolis and into Ohio, the towns are "closed". No electricity to pump gas. Few stores with back-up generators.

Many people do not get paid if they don't go to work, so no pay check. (News reports say expect no electricity the whole week.) Soup kitchens could use a boost at this time. Our numbers just keep growing.

Pray for my attitude as I can't help but think if this happened in New York, it would be all over the news. Perhaps it is because there are no raping and looting stories and it is the midwest, so who cares. You'd think Obama would have the sense to know this is happening three hours from his home. You'd think he would show up to grab Ohio voters.

We never lost power, but the town did for eight hours. We just have more trees down. Picking up limbs and sticks has been a great exercise program for us this year! We are so blessed!
Pretzelogical

Postby burien1 on Wed Sep 17, 2008 7:21 am

Prezelogical,

Between Texas, the gulf states and the midwest, that`s a lot of people who won`t be getting a full paycheck this week. That`s really bad news for a lot of families. :praying:

I read last night that they were going to force all the survivors on the peninsula at Galveston to leave their homes because of no electric and services. That`s one reason why so many don`t evacuate, they take forever to let you back in to your own property. If I`m stocked up with supplies and a generator, the gov`t is going to have a hard time forcing me out of my home. :duel:

YSIC,
Brenda
burien1

Postby Pretzelogical on Thu Sep 18, 2008 4:43 pm

Reports of many church buildings destroyed by trees blown down on them.
Bridge across the Ohio River at Madison, Indiana is damaged and closed. (It takes years to build those!)
Lots of firewood stored!
Pretzelogical

Postby Keeping Alert on Wed Oct 29, 2008 9:28 am

Except for a cyclone in Bangladesh, it seems that the winds are quite stable recently. Calm before a storm? Anything predicted in the near future?
Now is my soul troubled; and what shall I say? Father, save me from this hour: but for this cause came I unto this hour.

πατερ δοξασον σου το ονομα
Father, glorify thy name.

Whether therefore ye eat, or drink, or whatsoever ye do, do all to the glory of God.
Keeping Alert

Postby Abiding in His Word on Sat Nov 08, 2008 3:15 pm

Hurricane Paloma - category 4 - winds 145 mph with gusts to 170. Heading to Cuba.

http://www.wunderground.com/tropical/tr ... 00817.html
Abiding in His Word
SITE ADMIN

Postby OneDay on Mon Aug 10, 2009 9:48 pm

Typhoon Kills 29 in Taiwan, China; 13 Die in Japan

Aug. 10 (Bloomberg) -- Typhoon Morakot killed six people in China after taking the lives of at least 23 in Taiwan, where it dumped record amounts of rain and left more than 100 people unaccounted for after a mudslide. In Japan, a separate system left 13 people dead as a tropical storm approached the country.

Morakat, the ninth typhoon of the Pacific cyclone season, destroyed more than 6,000 homes in mainland China and affected 8.8 million people before weakening to a tropical storm today, the state-run Xinhua News Agency reported. It caused damage of 9 billion yuan ($1.3 billion) and prompted the evacuation of almost 1.4 million people in eastern China, Xinhua said, citing the Ministry of Civil Affairs.

The Chinese provinces most affected are Fujian, Zhejiang, Jiangxi and Anhui, Xinhua said. The storm was headed northwestward to northern Zhejiang, it said. In addition to the six dead, three people are missing in China, Xinhua said.

The 23 deaths in Taiwan came as Morakot crossed the island’s north, the National Fire Agency said. Another 56 people are missing and 32 were hurt, the agency said on its Web site at 8 p.m. local time today. The typhoon dumped more rain on Taiwan than in any 48-hour period since records began 100 years ago, Taiwan’s chief weather forecaster, Lee Hsiang-yuan, said.

About 100 people were unaccounted for after a village was buried in a mudslide, the agency said earlier today.

Rainfall Record

A total of 2,986 millimeters (118 inches) of rain fell on Alishan in southern Chiayi County between Aug. 6 and 8 p.m. today, the fire administration said. A single-day record of 1,415 millimeters fell during the typhoon, it said.

Morakot weakened to a tropical storm after making landfall in China, the U.S. Navy Joint Typhoon Warning Center said.
http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid= ... dqEKh_ugxQ
continues...
Exalt the Lord our God and worship at His holy mountain, for the Lord our God is holy.
Psalm 99:9
http://www.acwitness.org/psalm83english.html
OneDay

Postby OneDay on Wed Aug 19, 2009 8:04 am

http://www.miamiherald.com/news/broward ... 92181.html

Hurricane Bill grows
Hurricane Bill became a Category 4 storm as it rumbled across the Atlantic early Wednesday with maximum sustained winds near 135 mph -- but forecasters still see it veering away from the East Coast. Fox news just said it still could hit the east coast. The cone of uncertainty...could become a Cat 5...

We'll see... What are we doing with Israel??? :(
Exalt the Lord our God and worship at His holy mountain, for the Lord our God is holy.
OneDay

Postby Spreading Salt on Tue Mar 16, 2010 1:26 pm

http://www.stuff.co.nz/world/south-paci ... y-cyclones

Big storms around Fiji.

Thousands of Fijians have fled their homes as Cyclone Tomas sweeps across the island nation.

Tomas, a category four storm and bigger than Hurricane Katarina which destroyed New Orleans, is one of two powerful tropical cyclones that have formed in the South Pacific.

Ului, a category five storm, has brushed the southern Solomon Islands and is heading toward Australia but is expected to remain off the coast of the continent for at least the next few days.
Spreading Salt
Supporting Member

Postby Spreading Salt on Wed Apr 14, 2010 12:33 pm

India cyclone kills 89. :cry:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100414/ap_ ... %3C/div%3E

Please comfort those who lost loved one's Lord. Help them to rebuild. Amen.
Spreading Salt
Supporting Member

Postby denise on Thu Apr 15, 2010 12:26 am

Sorry,

Posted in wrong section.

:oops:
Standfast therefore in the Liberty which Christ has made you free
and be not entangled again with the yoke of bondage.

Galations 5:1
denise

Postby denise on Thu May 27, 2010 8:17 am

http://www.foxnews.com/scitech/2010/05/ ... cientists/

Very Strong Hurricane Seasons Ahead
, Say Top Meterologists

May 27, 2010

The National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) has issued it's 2010 hurricane season forecast, predicting one of the strongest seasons on record -- and reiterating fears that the Gulf oil spill may be impacted by the severe weather.
Standfast therefore in the Liberty which Christ has made you free
and be not entangled again with the yoke of bondage.

Galations 5:1
denise

Postby Tevye on Fri Oct 08, 2010 3:31 am

Tornados in Northern Arizona? :eek:
Felicia Fonseca wrote:4 tornadoes tear across N. Arizona, derail train,
smash homes as harsh weather sweeps the West

A rare swarm of tornadoes shoved semis off highways and destroyed homes
in the pre-dawn darkness Wednesday, leaving startled residents wondering
if they were in Arizona anymore...
abcnews.go.com
Tevye

Postby Tevye on Sat Oct 09, 2010 8:59 am

The Weather Channel reported this morning
that there were nine tornadoes that hit Arizona.
Tevye

Postby BeTheMoon on Sat Apr 16, 2011 1:25 pm

i was watching the weather channel this morning, and was shocked thst the tornado warnings are all over the mid west. the graphic looked like the us was being split in 2. then i thought of the us dividing jerusalem. then i thought of amos 4.

:praying:
BeTheMoon
SITE ADMIN

Postby daffyladysson on Mon Aug 22, 2011 7:51 am

Watch out! Here comes Hurricane Irene! Just a few days ago Obama reversed his views on who should apologize to whom regarding the flotilla debacle. Last year he said Turkey should apologize to Israel, now he says Israel should apologize to Turkey!

Here is my prediction concerning where this hurricane will strike. On Facebook I predicted that this hurricane would hit the West Bank of Florida, before any of the computer models did! I also believe that Irene will reenter the Atlantic somewhere of the coast of Georgia, (Savannah?) Strengthen into a CAT 5 and slam into Washington D.C. and Baltimore.
My blog: "unknown possibilities await"
Subject: My decision to leave the Conservative Mennonites
This week's post: Mennonite, Evermore: The positives of what the Conservative Mennonites taught me.
daffyladysson

Postby GodsStudent on Mon Aug 22, 2011 11:54 am

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2011-08-2 ... icane.html

They're saying South Carolina....yikes. :strike: I hope the experts are wrong....lots to take up and move around and board up and .....oh my.
GodsStudent
Supporting Member

Postby daffyladysson on Mon Aug 22, 2011 7:37 pm

I have been following this storm since the beginning and I dont think it will enter SC, though it might exit it.
This week's post: Mennonite, Evermore: The positives of what the Conservative Mennonites taught me.
daffyladysson

Postby LONGINGFORHOME on Mon Aug 22, 2011 10:40 pm

GodsStudent wrote:http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2011-08-22/irene-sets-sights-on-coast-of-south-carolina-may-become-major-hurricane.html

They're saying South Carolina....yikes. :strike: I hope the experts are wrong....lots to take up and move around and board up and .....oh my.

Be safe Lisa, I will be praying for you.

P
Deuteronomy 4:30-31
When thou art in tribulation, and all these things are come upon thee, even in the latter days, if thou turn to the LORD thy God, and shalt be obedient unto his voice; (For the LORD thy God is a merciful God;) he will not forsake thee, neither destroy thee, nor forget the covenant of thy fathers which he sware unto them.

Proverbs 22:6
Train up a child in the way he should go: and when he is old, he will not depart from it.
LONGINGFORHOME

Postby burien1 on Tue Aug 23, 2011 7:58 am

Lisa, This is the site I use to keep track. Even a tropical storm here knocks out electric for a week. And with all the trees around my trailer, you better believe I keep an eye out at all times. Praying for this to take the farthest track east possible. And if it hits the Carolina's, I will definitely feel it here.
There is a chat room at the link you might enjoy, too.

http://www.myfoxhurricane.com/
burien1

Postby GodsStudent on Tue Aug 23, 2011 10:30 am

The latest trajectories show this storm off of the SC coast and more into NC and even Virginia....We will all need to pray each other through this thing.
GodsStudent
Supporting Member

Postby daffyladysson on Fri Aug 26, 2011 4:43 am

On the weather fan clubs that I am a part of on Facebook the people in the know say that this storm will be worse than katrina in terms of damage! This thing is headed straight for NY and all of manhattan will most likely be underwater.
daffyladysson

Postby Tevye on Wed Sep 21, 2011 9:10 am

"A powerful typhoon has smashed into Japan..."
Yuka Ito wrote:The storm, which was packing winds of up to 198 kilometres (123 miles) per hour..
At around 7:00pm (1000 GMT) Typhoon Roke was centred 63 kilometres northwest of Tokyo,
heading northeast -- towards the area that was devastated by a record earthquake..

news link
Roke comes less than a month after another vicious typhoon barrelled through Japan,..
Tevye

Postby GodsStudent on Wed Sep 21, 2011 4:19 pm

Tevye wrote:"A powerful typhoon has smashed into Japan..."
Yuka Ito wrote:The storm, which was packing winds of up to 198 kilometres (123 miles) per hour..
At around 7:00pm (1000 GMT) Typhoon Roke was centred 63 kilometres northwest of Tokyo,
heading northeast -- towards the area that was devastated by a record earthquake..

news link
Roke comes less than a month after another vicious typhoon barrelled through Japan,..

:eek: nuclear power plants.
GodsStudent
Supporting Member

Postby OneDay on Mon Mar 05, 2012 8:54 am

Storms wreck Indiana towns, kill at least 20 across 3 states

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/03/02/al ... z1oG4JondF
Powerful storms stretching from the Gulf Coast to the Great Lakes wrecked several Indiana towns and killed at least 20 people Friday as the system tore roofs off schools and homes, flattened a fire station, flipped over tractor-trailer trucks and damaged a maximum security prison. It was the second deadly tornado outbreak this week.

Authorities reported 14 deaths in southern Indiana, where Marysville was leveled and nearby Henryville also suffered extreme damage. There were five deaths in Kentucky and one in Ohio.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/03/02/al ... z1oG4WJOYN
continues...

Toddler found after storm hurt, alone in Indiana field dies

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/03/04/to ... z1oG4bTT2j
The 14-month Indiana toddler who was found hurt and alone in a southern Indiana field after violent storms ravaged the area died Sunday evening at the Kosair Children’s Hospital in Louisville, Kentucky, WDRB reported.

Angel Babcock, the sole survivor of her immediate family, died of traumatic brain injury she suffered when a tornado demolished her family’s home in New Pekin, Ind., the report said.

The toddler was discovered in Salem, Ind., following Friday's string of deadly tornadoes, The Courier-Journal reported.

The storms claimed the lives of the toddler's mother Moriah Brough, 20, father Joseph Babcock, 21, two-month-old sister Kendall Babcock and two-year-old brother Jaydon Babcock, the newspaper reported.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/03/04/to ... z1oG4kxwli
continues...
OneDay

Postby burien1 on Mon Mar 05, 2012 9:01 am

:cry:
burien1

Postby OneDay on Mon Mar 05, 2012 8:30 pm

Angel's grandmother told ABC News that when she let her granddaughter go Sunday afternoon, she knew the baby girl was going in the arms of her father.

"We were all around the bed, I had my hand on the side of her, and I reached for her hand, and was holding her hand," Babcock said. "I don't know what made me let go but she put her arms straight up, she was daddy's little girl. So daddy picked her up and took her. The whole room seen that. He was just like, standing in front of her. She wanted to go with daddy."

Now the family and friends of the Babcocks are faced with the task of burying five of their loved ones.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/baby-angel-bab ... 1WEUPVOzIE
:cry:
OneDay

Postby GodsStudent on Mon Mar 05, 2012 9:06 pm

:cry: beautiful stories like this always hit deep and hard in my heart.

My uncle, who was in a coma, called my grandmother's name, reached out his arms, and took his last breath. I've never forgotten my mother telling me when this happened.
GodsStudent
Supporting Member

Postby OneDay on Fri Mar 16, 2012 6:48 am

7 injured in Kentucky roof collapse; tornado strikes Michigan
http://www.cnn.com/2012/03/15/us/severe ... ?hpt=us_c1
see video
(CNN) -- Seven people were injured Thursday when heavy rains caused a partial roof collapse at a Barbourville, Kentucky, business, officials said.

Initial reports from the scene were that the drainage system at Tru-Seal Manufacturing was clogged and caused water to pool on the roof, causing a partial collapse, said Kentucky Emergency Management spokesman Buddy Rogers.

Three people were taken to a hospital with non-life-threatening injuries, Rogers said. Several others walked over to the hospital on their own with minor injuries, he said.

A total of seven people, all adults, were checked into the Knox County Hospital, said hospital spokesman Shawn Gentry.
Houses flattened in Michigan tornado

Barbourville is about 100 miles southeast of Lexington, Kentucky.
continues...
OneDay

Postby OneDay on Mon Mar 19, 2012 10:21 am

Scientists detect seismic signals from tornado
An Indiana University geophysical experiment detected unusual seismic signals associated with tornadoes that struck regions across the Midwest last week - information that may have value for meteorologists studying the atmospheric activity that precedes tornado disasters.

The experiment by IU researchers involves deployment of more than 100 state-of-the-art digital seismographs in a broad swath of the U.S. midcontinent. One of the twisters that struck southeastern Missouri and southern Illinois on Feb. 29 passed through the seismic detection array.

"In examining the seismograms, we recorded unusual seismic signals on three of our stations in southern Illinois," said Michael Hamburger, professor in the department of geological sciences at IU Bloomington and one of the researchers conducting the experiment.
Read More: http://www.terradaily.com/reports/Scien ... o_999.html
OneDay

Postby OneDay on Fri Apr 13, 2012 1:43 pm

Weekend tornado outbreak predicted for Midwest
(Reuters) - Forecasters are warning of a possible major tornado outbreak in the Midwest this weekend, with Kansas and Oklahoma seen at particular risk as early as Saturday.

Atmospheric conditions will be similar to those that caused severe storms in parts of the Midwest and Southeast in early March that killed more than 50 people, said Steve Weiss, science support branch chief for the National Storm Prediction Center.

"We see potentially some long track and very damaging tornadoes," Weiss said.
read more:http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/04/13/us-usa-weather-tornadoes-idUSBRE83C15K20120413
OneDay

Postby Abiding in His Word on Fri Apr 13, 2012 6:29 pm

The worst weather is expected to develop late Saturday afternoon between Oklahoma City and Salina, Kan., but other areas also could see severe storms with baseball-sized hail and winds of up to 70 mph, forecasters said. The warning issued Friday covers parts of Illinois, Iowa, Kansas, Missouri, Nebraska, Oklahoma and Texas.

more
Abiding in His Word
SITE ADMIN

Postby Tevye on Sun Jun 17, 2012 8:21 pm

Soggy Japan Braces for (typhoon) Guchol
The Joint Typhoon Warning Center (JTWC) upgraded Guchol to a "super typhoon"
Saturday with maximum sustained winds of 150 mph and maintained this intensity into Sunday.

weather.com/news/pacific
Tevye

Postby GodsStudent on Mon Jun 18, 2012 12:40 pm

Tevye wrote:Soggy Japan Braces for (typhoon) Guchol
The Joint Typhoon Warning Center (JTWC) upgraded Guchol to a "super typhoon"
Saturday with maximum sustained winds of 150 mph and maintained this intensity into Sunday.

weather.com/news/pacific

Good. Maybe it will help cool the reactors????
GodsStudent
Supporting Member

Postby OneDay on Sun Aug 26, 2012 11:39 am

Tropical Storm Isaac Should Rival Hurricane Katrina
On August 24th, we warned on Forbes that Tropical Storm Isaac could pose a threat to energy markets and even rival Hurricane Katrina in its destructive power (Could Tropical Storm Isaac Turn Into Another Katrina?). While the computer models are still showing a substantial spread in solutions, it appears more likely that Isaac will make landfall somewhere near the Louisiana, Mississippi Gulf Coast. This track will provide the storm more time to intensify over the very warm water of the Gulf of Mexico.
more: http://www.forbes.com/sites/weatherbell ... e-katrina/
OneDay

Postby OneDay on Tue Sep 10, 2013 7:17 am

'Strange' hurricane season perplexes forecasters

As the peak of hurricane season arrives Tuesday without a major storm having formed, forecasters are starting to rethink predictions of a busy year for high-powered tropical systems.
Depending on what happens with Tropical Storm Humberto this week, 2013 could mark the slowest start to a hurricane season by one measure in more than 100 years.

Humberto formed off the coast of Africa Monday and is expected to curve out to sea, staying far away from Florida. The system is only notable because forecasters believe it has a good chance of becoming the first hurricane of the season. If it does, it would be one of the latest first hurricanes on record.

On average, two hurricanes should have formed by now. Past seasons have started slow and finished with a flurry of tropical cyclones, but the window is starting to close.
read more: http://www.heraldtribune.com/article/20 ... picks=true
OneDay

Postby burien1 on Tue Sep 10, 2013 7:48 am

OneDay wrote:'Strange' hurricane season perplexes forecasters

As the peak of hurricane season arrives Tuesday without a major storm having formed, forecasters are starting to rethink predictions of a busy year for high-powered tropical systems.
Depending on what happens with Tropical Storm Humberto this week, 2013 could mark the slowest start to a hurricane season by one measure in more than 100 years.

Humberto formed off the coast of Africa Monday and is expected to curve out to sea, staying far away from Florida. The system is only notable because forecasters believe it has a good chance of becoming the first hurricane of the season. If it does, it would be one of the latest first hurricanes on record.

On average, two hurricanes should have formed by now. Past seasons have started slow and finished with a flurry of tropical cyclones, but the window is starting to close.
read more: http://www.heraldtribune.com/article/20 ... picks=true

:praise: :bowing:
burien1

Postby GodsStudent on Tue Sep 10, 2013 12:18 pm

Guess they have broken their crystal ball, as this hurricane season was supposed to have been a busy one. Hope their winter weather crystal ball is broken too, because they're predicting a very frigid winter. :wink:
GodsStudent
Supporting Member

Postby gracebyfaith on Thu Nov 07, 2013 6:22 am

Philippines braces for super typhoon, the year's strongest

Typhoon Haiyan is expected to make landfall early on Friday between the central islands of Samar and Leyte.

http://news.yahoo.com/philippines-brace ... nance.html

And there shall be signs in the sun, and in the moon, and in the stars; and upon the earth distress of nations, with perplexity; the sea and the waves roaring; Men's hearts failing them for fear, and for looking after those things which are coming on the earth: for the powers of heaven shall be shaken.

And then shall they see the Son of man coming in a cloud with power and great glory.
gracebyfaith

Postby gracebyfaith on Thu Nov 07, 2013 4:52 pm

Super Typhoon Haiyan, one of strongest storms ever

With sustained winds of 315 kph (195 mph) and gusts as strong as 380 kph (235 mph), Haiyan churned across the Western Pacific into the Philippines.

Haiyan will move over the many islands of the central Philippines over the next 18 hours before exiting into the South China Sea overnight Friday into Saturday. Haiyan will weaken slightly as the storm crosses land.

The storm, known as Yolanda in the Philippines, is so large in diameter that clouds from it are affecting two-thirds of the country, which extends over 1,850 kilometers (1,150 miles).

http://www.cnn.com/2013/11/07/world/asi ... index.html

195mph winds! 235mph gust! If your not concerned yet, there will be more to come even before the wrath of the Lamb.
gracebyfaith

Next

Return to SIGNS