Earthquake watch

Events indicative of the end-times which may, or may not, be related to a specific Scripture.

Re: Earthquake watch

Postby GodsStudent on Mon Feb 21, 2011 8:25 pm

http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/standard/ ... thquake.do

New Zealand, 6.3 and lots of damage/carnage? being reported :(
GodsStudent
Supporting Member

Postby Spreading Salt on Tue Mar 08, 2011 9:22 pm

Mercalli scale: 9
Date-Time [UTC]: 09 March, 2011 at 02:45:17 UTC
Local Date/Time: Wednesday, March 09, 2011 at 02:45 at night at epicenter
Depth: 10.00 km (6.21 miles)
Region: Asia
Distances: 151.7 km (94.26 miles) of Sakihama, Iwate-ken
Spreading Salt
Supporting Member

Postby david on Tue Mar 08, 2011 11:42 pm

Thanks for reporting that Spreadingsalt, I have been waiting to see if anything was going to happen, since the 2nd Solar activity has been off the hook, three good sized flares, one directed away from earth on the other side. The other two I'm not sure where they are going one is just finishing erupting now. There have been studies when a CME occurs the Sun rings like a bell and could impact the geology on earth.

I pray for the people of Japan.

david
david

Postby Spreading Salt on Wed Mar 09, 2011 6:05 am

Tsunami has been observed in Öfunato, Iwate Prefecture following the M7.2 earthquake. The tsunami's height was 54 centimeter (1.8 feet), wave's amplitude was 12 minutes. Other information not yet available.
http://hisz.rsoe.hu/alertmap/index2.php

Dearest Yeshua,

Please get them through this today. Amen.
Spreading Salt
Supporting Member

Postby Spreading Salt on Wed Mar 09, 2011 6:09 am

A 24-inch tsunami reached the coastal town of Ofunato, in Iwate prefecture, shortly after noon. The meteorological agency warned that a tsunami of about 20 inches would hit the coast.

The Pacific Tsunami Warning Center in Hawaii said a Pacific-wide tsunami was not expected.

"We have confirmed that small tsunami have come up on the shores, but we have no reports of damage at this point," said Shinobu Nagano, an emergency and disaster response official in Iwate prefecture. "We are still trying to determine the impact of the quake."

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/world/2011/03/08 ... z1G6ir0Q27

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2011/03/08 ... 249063715/
Spreading Salt
Supporting Member

Postby burien1 on Wed Mar 09, 2011 8:25 am

david wrote: There have been studies when a CME occurs the Sun rings like a bell and could impact the geology on earth.
david

That's interesting.
Psalm 119:105; Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path.
burien1

Postby bchandler on Wed Mar 09, 2011 10:20 am

David... does it produce gravity waves? Sound shock waves don't propagate very well in near vacuum.
I am not a god or a doctor, and nothing i say should be construed as medical advice or even as correct. I am merely a living soul who is exercising my unalienable rights, endowed upon me by my creator, and recognized in the Constitution for the united States of America, to freely speak about the things i believe. No other soul should grant my words any weight without first determining their credibility and/or accuracy for themselves.
bchandler

Postby david on Wed Mar 09, 2011 11:31 pm

bchandler wrote:David... does it produce gravity waves? Sound shock waves don't propagate very well in near vacuum.

I remember this information coming out in 2007. Here is an article based on a white paper that provides much more detail than I recall.
The vibrations in the Sun have two causes: pressure waves and gravity waves, which are referred to as p-mode and g-mode, respectively. Scientists hope to use the g-mode waves to study the interior of the Sun, in the same way that seismic data can provide an insight into the inner workings of Earth.

But although the p-mode solar oscillations have been observed by the SOHO observatory, g-mode vibrations are not optically detectable. But the evidence of the waves is there, and easily detectable, in data on Earth.

Lead researcher David Thomson says data from the Ulysses mission provides clues as to how the sounds reach Earth. He suggests the vibrations are picked up by the magnetic field at the Sun's surface. The solar wind then carries the field into interplanetary space, where space probes like Ulysses can pick up the signal.

The solar wind also interacts with the Earth's magnetic field, causing it to vibrate in sympathy. From our magnetic field, the signal is picked up by our many technological systems, as well as the planet itself.

The researchers add that the tones are far beyond the edge of human hearing, some 12 octaves below the lowest detectable note. While orchestras tune up to the A above middle C, at around 440 Hertz, the Earth rings at a much more stately 100-5000microHz. That is one vibration every 278 hours, or 11.5 days. ®

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2007/08/21/earth_bell/

Amazing! The sun literally rings or maybe even sings to the Earth. God has fine tuned everything. :bowing: :a3:

I understand what your saying bchandeler, I had to think about that one. If I scream in space no one will hear me even if they were right close. Of coarse the first cause might be the oxygen being sucked out of my lungs. So even if I could speak, the sound wave would not carry hu? Apparently the Suns sound waves might be carried by the solar winds.

david
david

Postby bchandler on Thu Mar 10, 2011 12:17 am

Well, solar wind is made of of matter... so the p-waves in the solar wind would be detectable when they impact earths magnetic shield.

I am not sure that these waves could actually affect earth geology though... or rather any p-waves strong enough to affect geology in the form of plate tectonics would have to be so massive as to represent a serious threat to life on earth.

gravity waves on the other hand, could... because even though small, they represent a direct distortion in the local fabric of space-time. Gravity waves would also not be deflected, or shielded by earths magnetic field. So vibrations in gravity could in theory could occur at resonant frequencies, causing amplification within the tectonic plates.

These kinds of gravitic resonances may also play a large role in regenerating the earths core EM fields... as amplification within resonating plates would input massive amounts of energy back into the earths core. Of course that would also result in globally devastating earthquakes on the surface as well. Of course we all are very much aware of the massive prophetic earthquakes found in revelation... Very interesting.
I am not a god or a doctor, and nothing i say should be construed as medical advice or even as correct. I am merely a living soul who is exercising my unalienable rights, endowed upon me by my creator, and recognized in the Constitution for the united States of America, to freely speak about the things i believe. No other soul should grant my words any weight without first determining their credibility and/or accuracy for themselves.
bchandler

Postby amessenger4god on Thu Mar 10, 2011 1:16 pm

5.8 just struck China! Toppled 1,000 homes and killed at least 24 people.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/03/10/china-earthquake-2011_n_834123.html
"I tell you the truth, whoever hears my word and believes him who sent me has eternal life and will not be condemned; he has crossed over from death to life."
- John 5:24
amessenger4god

Postby david on Thu Mar 10, 2011 6:58 pm

bchandler wrote:Well, solar wind is made of of matter... so the p-waves in the solar wind would be detectable when they impact earths magnetic shield.

I am not sure that these waves could actually affect earth geology though... or rather any p-waves strong enough to affect geology in the form of plate tectonics would have to be so massive as to represent a serious threat to life on earth.

gravity waves on the other hand, could... because even though small, they represent a direct distortion in the local fabric of space-time. Gravity waves would also not be deflected, or shielded by earths magnetic field. So vibrations in gravity could in theory could occur at resonant frequencies, causing amplification within the tectonic plates.

These kinds of gravity resonances may also play a large role in regenerating the earths core EM fields... as amplification within resonating plates would input massive amounts of energy back into the earths core. Of course that would also result in globally devastating earthquakes on the surface as well. Of course we all are very much aware of the massive prophetic earthquakes found in revelation... Very interesting.

I'm not going to pretend I know what I'm taking about but here is my best attempt at sounding like I do. :grin:
I was thinking about that too, a resonating wave. As for the sound wave riding on the solar wind if it was harmonic moving in and out of phase like a bell then then maybe that could have an impact.

I agree a resonate magnetic wave could have more of an impact. A harmonic sound wave or a resonate magnetic wave would only need a fraction of the power a single wave to do damage.

There is also a dielectric capacitor effect in the Sun and Earth's relationship going on that I will steer away from for now. It may be responsible for the winding or unwinding effect of the magnetic field timing.

The article below might be a way sound waves and even magnetic wave shifts impact the earth. It would seem the massive amounts of charged particles coming in would do something. And possibly cause Earthquakes, I don't know for sure but I do suspect it's possible. I have seen other diagrams showing if the a solar stream hits at the right angle it can cause what is described below.

In 2007 NASA discovered this:

Dec. 16, 2008: NASA's five THEMIS spacecraft have discovered a breach in Earth's magnetic field ten times larger than anything previously thought to exist. Solar wind can flow in through the opening to "load up" the magnetosphere for powerful geomagnetic storms. But the breach itself is not the biggest surprise. Researchers are even more amazed at the strange and unexpected way it forms, overturning long-held ideas of space physics.

"At first I didn't believe it," says THEMIS project scientist David Sibeck of the Goddard Space Flight Center. "This finding fundamentally alters our understanding of the solar wind-magnetosphere interaction."

The magnetosphere is a bubble of magnetism that surrounds Earth and protects us from solar wind. Exploring the bubble is a key goal of the THEMIS mission, launched in February 2007. The big discovery came on June 3, 2007, when the five probes serendipitously flew through the breach just as it was opening. Onboard sensors recorded a torrent of solar wind particles streaming into the magnetosphere, signaling an event of unexpected size and importance.

Right: One of the THEMIS probes exploring the space around Earth, an artist's concept. [more]

"The opening was huge—four times wider than Earth itself," says Wenhui Li, a space physicist at the University of New Hampshire who has been analyzing the data. Li's colleague Jimmy Raeder, also of New Hampshire, says "1027 particles per second were flowing into the magnetosphere—that's a 1 followed by 27 zeros. This kind of influx is an order of magnitude greater than what we thought was possible."

The event began with little warning when a gentle gust of solar wind delivered a bundle of magnetic fields from the Sun to Earth. Like an octopus wrapping its tentacles around a big clam, solar magnetic fields draped themselves around the magnetosphere and cracked it open. The cracking was accomplished by means of a process called "magnetic reconnection." High above Earth's poles, solar and terrestrial magnetic fields linked up (reconnected) to form conduits for solar wind. Conduits over the Arctic and Antarctic quickly expanded; within minutes they overlapped over Earth's equator to create the biggest magnetic breach ever recorded by Earth-orbiting spacecraft.

http://science.nasa.gov/science-news/sc ... antbreach/

Good talking with you bchandler, I respect and always appreciate your technical point of view.

-------------------
Edit add below
-------------------
With all the earthquake activity going on I will put this theory aside for now to allow for more actual earthquake discussion.

david
Last edited by david on Fri Mar 11, 2011 12:06 pm, edited 4 times in total.
david

Postby amessenger4god on Thu Mar 10, 2011 11:24 pm

MASSIVE 7.9 just hit Japan. It already caused a small tsunami. Parts of Tokyo flooded. Dam broke. Another tsunami warning issued for Japan, Russia, Guam, Taiwan, Hawaii, and the Mariana Islands. Could be 20 FEET!
"I tell you the truth, whoever hears my word and believes him who sent me has eternal life and will not be condemned; he has crossed over from death to life."
amessenger4god

Postby daffyladysson on Fri Mar 11, 2011 5:36 am

My blog: "unknown possibilities await"
Subject: My decision to leave the Conservative Mennonites
This week's post: Mennonite, Evermore: The positives of what the Conservative Mennonites taught me.
daffyladysson

Postby bchandler on Fri Mar 11, 2011 2:37 pm

The quake is estimated at 8.9, and it lasted for an astonishing 3 minutes!!! It is 10,000 times stronger than the New Zealand quake. It has spawned a massive whirlpool near Nabuto, and they have lost coolant on at least one nuclear reactor.

That is simply massive. U.S.G.S. has classified it as a mega quake, and there have only been 3 quakes larger since 1963.

Can you imagine... not being able to stand, walk, run, move, for 3 minutes because the ground is shaking so violently? I have been in a lot of quakes... but never one so strong you couldn't walk.

Oh yea... one of their bullet trains has gone missing also.

Apparently people in Oregon are moths, and had to rush down to see the tsunami... and at least 4 of them have been swept out to sea.
Last edited by bchandler on Fri Mar 11, 2011 5:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bchandler

Postby bchandler on Fri Mar 11, 2011 2:41 pm

Tsunamis 7 meters high (~23 feet) have reached as far as 5 miles inland in low lying areas of Japan.

Crescent City California was hit with an 8 foot Tsunami.

I don't know if y'all have noticed... but it isn't just earthquakes... volcanoes all over the planet seem to be waking up also.
bchandler

Postby david on Fri Mar 11, 2011 5:45 pm

Earthquakes will occur more in higher populated places.

Not only will earthquakes be ever increasing like birth pangs, they will also increase in more populated places. Sounds crazy hu? As we move closer and closer to the final trumpet there has been an increase of larger scale earthquakes in more populated regions; increasing earthquakes in more populated area like Hati, Chili, New Zealand and the Philippines. Mathew 24:7 tells us earthquakes will target more populated regions or cities of the earth.

Mat 24:7 For nation shall rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom: and there shall be famines, and pestilences, and earthquakes, in divers places.

The word divers from today's dictionary is translated as
1. –adjective several; various; sundry: divers articles.
–pronoun
2.( used with a plural verb ) an indefinite number more than one: He chose divers of them, who were asked to accompany him.

This is the correct interpretation for the word as applied, but this is a middle ages term. If your like me you would have interpreted divers as earthquakes in "various" places. Divers also sounds an awful lot like "diverse", which I would also have interpreted to mean "in diverse" places across the globe, but these two words are not the same and are confused often.

The Strong's term is as follows: (For some reason e-sword appears to have made a changed to the strong concordance, so I used the blue letter study tool and found the interpretation I'm familiar with. Although e-sword does mentions "coast lands" so keep that in mind as well.

τόπος Topos
1) place, any portion or space marked off, as it were from surrounding space
a) an inhabited place, as a city, village, district
b) a place (passage) in a book.

If Jesus wanted to say earthquakes would be increase in open, rural random spaces he would have used the word "chōra", the feminine form.

Chora
1) the space lying between two places or limits
2) a region or country i.e. a tract of land
a) the (rural) region surrounding a city or village, the country
b) the region with towns and villages which surround a metropolis
3) land which is ploughed or cultivated, ground

So I believe a better interpretation of Mat 27:7 would be:
"For nation shall rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom: and there shall be famines, and pestilences, and earthquakes, in populated places." Note it's not just earthquakes it's all of it, famines pestilences and so on.

To a scientist having a trend of earthquakes with populated places would not make since. Maybe I'm being to literal, I'm not sure maybe we will see.

david
david

Postby bchandler on Fri Mar 11, 2011 6:50 pm

David, as we have seen by other examples, food shortages and disease often occur after large quakes.

Watch those vids of the tsunami, and you are seeing coastal farm lands and green houses being wiped out. I expect Japan will be having some food problems of their own in short order... and the devastation will most certainly give rise to disease issues.
bchandler

Postby david on Fri Mar 11, 2011 9:43 pm

bchandler wrote:David, as we have seen by other examples, food shortages and disease often occur after large quakes.

Watch those vids of the tsunami, and you are seeing coastal farm lands and green houses being wiped out. I expect Japan will be having some food problems of their own in short order... and the devastation will most certainly give rise to disease issues.

I was just watching that again before coming back and saw what you wrote. Today I can't take my mind off the people of Japan, I can't write or express anything adequate. I'm in tears... So many people around me seem un-phased or accustom to devastation. I wish everyone around me (at work today) would pray.... Father my spirit crys out, the spirit crys... thats all I can do... please for your people and those whom you seek. Bring what comport you can... yet your will be done.

I get what your saying, it makes complete sense, one problem causes another to follow.

david
david

Postby AndCanItBe on Sun Mar 13, 2011 12:01 pm

Japanese volcano erupts

A volcano in southwestern Japan erupted Sunday after nearly two weeks of relative silence, sending ash and rocks up to four kilometres (two and a half miles) into the air, a local official says.
AndCanItBe

Postby Passion on Sun Mar 13, 2011 5:04 pm

FreeInHim wrote:Hmmm.....that's an intriguing report, Passion. Thanks for posting. Do you think you could find out who the guy that emailed your pastor works for? Not the name of the company, but what it does that it would have a seismograph there.

Hey, sorry I took so long to respond; I kept forgetting to ask him! :blondmoment: I did ask him after church today however, and got the straight scoop: He said there is no seismograph where he works. However, the U. of Utah has a seismograph that displays the data from Yellowstone, and you can view it online. This was what he was doing at work that day---looking at the U. of Utah's online seismograph, and the USGS map at the same time. And what timing---as I said, I talked to this man after church. But before the teaching started, when our pastor did the usual announcements, he started talking about it! He said he had confirmation that what the person had said was indeed happening, as he'd seen it himself. He also explained that on the USGS maps, when a quake occurs, the area on the map is red. The after about a day the color changes, then changes again, until at the end of the week it's the final color, whatever that is. Sorry, I don't remember all the color changes, only that red was for the day it happened. Maybe it has something to do with "red alert", or the fact that red is my favorite color, I don't know. :lol: But at any rate, he saw the same thing happening. I haven't done it yet, but I suppose any of us could find both the U. of Utah's online seismograph and the USGS map and look at them side-by-side and see for ourselves.

Oh, also this guy said that just this morning, he and a friend were online and when they typed something about the U. of Utah's online seismograph into the search engine, right away stuff started coming up re. the USGS hiding the Yellowstone quakes. :banned:
"But as for me, I will watch expectantly for the Lord; I will wait for the God of my salvation. My God will hear me. Do not rejoice over me, O my enemy. Though I fall I will rise; Though I dwell in darkness, the Lord is a light for me."

--Mica 7:7-8

Passion

Postby daffyladysson on Sun Mar 13, 2011 5:53 pm

What in the world! The Utah sies website is down or something!

now it is back
This week's post: Mennonite, Evermore: The positives of what the Conservative Mennonites taught me.
daffyladysson

Postby ToledoDebbie on Thu Apr 07, 2011 1:15 pm

Japan had another major earthquake today, and a Tsunami scare (later cancelled). Initally they reported 7.4 but later reduced to 7.1, but, almost in the exact location as the 9.0 last month. Those poor people - Japan just keeps on Shaking!!

Debbie
ToledoDebbie

Postby Abiding in His Word on Thu Apr 07, 2011 1:16 pm

:praying:
Abiding in His Word
SITE ADMIN

Postby GodsStudent on Thu Apr 07, 2011 2:18 pm

:praying:
GodsStudent
Supporting Member

Postby david on Sat Apr 16, 2011 9:08 pm

Has anyone notice the flurry of small earthquakes in California this past week?

david
david

Postby amessenger4god on Sun Apr 17, 2011 6:44 am

Largest earthquake in 76 years just struck Queensland. Their last big quake was in 1935.

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2011-04-17/earthquake-rocks-queensland-aftershock-hits-n-z-s-christchurch.html
amessenger4god

Postby Small-Time on Sun Apr 17, 2011 7:41 am

Puerto Rico had a 5.1 on the 13th and 2 5.0s within a day of each other not too long ago.since i have been watching, there has been an increase in quakes and their size lately. As usual, nothing in the news and would not have known about it had i not been watching.
Just Me
Small-Time

Postby bchandler on Sun Apr 17, 2011 9:08 am

a 5 is a nothing earthquake. No reason to report it. They don't get interesting until 6+.

I have been in dozens of quakes. The largest being the world series quake. You really don't notice them much below a 4, unless you happen to be standing near a hanging lamp and see it start to swing.

The strangest experience I ever had was while standing on top of a hill that overlooked the hills and valleys around me. I heard the fault slip, the sound preceded the quake on the surface. I was right near the epicenter, and actually saw the compression wave hit the surface and spread out like a ripple across a pond. Coming toward me, then rolling under my feet, and continuing away from me. A real once in a lifetime kind of experience. I was extremely lucky to be looking in just the right direction to see it.
bchandler

Postby Small-Time on Sun Apr 17, 2011 9:48 am

I agree bchandler, that on the grand scheme a 5 is nothing, but for this area it is. When i first started to watch, a 3.2 was high and unusual. Also a dozen quakes a week was the norm. That has changed pretty much after the Haiti quake.

AM4God's article was about a 5.2 and that made news as the biggest quake in years.

By the way that was a cool experience that you had and i have told others about it having seen you post it before.
God Bless.
Just Me
Small-Time

Postby bchandler on Sun Apr 17, 2011 9:51 am

There is an earthquake swarm occurring in hawthorn Nevada. Has geologists worried for some reason... I am wondering if it is Magma movement... maybe a new volcano being born, or an old one awakening.
bchandler

Postby clang on Sun Apr 17, 2011 1:56 pm

I had a dream recently and although I remember very little about it, I woke up with the word "Cascadia" ringing in my ears. Later that morning, I heard Stan Deyo being interviewed and he was talking about the Pacific northwest being
the next place for a major quake, maybe even a 9.0. Not only that but it very well could possibly trigger some of the other faultlines on the west coast as well as volcanoes. Several of the mountains in that area are volcanoes.
Now, don't get me wrong here folks. I am not a prophet, nor have I ever claimed to be one. Even if we have a large subduction zone quake in that area soon, that still doesn't mean my dream was prophetic. All I know is, a 9.0 in that area with a likely tsunami to follow would probably be the thing that sends America over that proverbial cliff.
clang

Postby bchandler on Sun Apr 17, 2011 4:05 pm

The strike slip plate off the coast of the pacific north west is one that geologists have long considered safe... because nothing ever happens on it.

That thinking has begun in recent years to move toward abject terror as they have calculated the potential stored energy that could be released in a slip of that fault line.

It has the potential to devastate the entire western seaboard. Sending very large tsunami throughout the entire pacific basin.

Between the nw strike plate, the Yellowstone super volcano, and the canary islands volcano that threatens to devastate the entire east coast with massive tsunami, i see a picture of a nation surrounded by natural disasters that God could use to judge this nation and obliterate it in as little as a single day. The tsunamis from these 2 artifacts alone have the ability to reshape the coastlines of our coastal areas. But the nw strike slip plate almost certainly is what feeds massive amounts of energy into the Yellowstone caldera, and it is still active from the last major slip on that fault line.
bchandler

Postby daffyladysson on Sun Apr 17, 2011 4:58 pm

And remember this. The Bible speaks of an EQ that knocks every city in the world to the ground! I am guessing it would have to be at least a 13-14 mag for that to happen. (remember that each 1.0 increase in eq magnitude is a doubling of the previous full number) (ie 7.0 is double the strength of 6.0.
daffyladysson

Postby david on Sun Apr 17, 2011 6:29 pm

clang wrote:I had a dream recently and although I remember very little about it, I woke up with the word "Cascadia" ringing in my ears. Later that morning, I heard Stan Deyo being interviewed and he was talking about the Pacific northwest being
the next place for a major quake, maybe even a 9.0. Not only that but it very well could possibly trigger some of the other faultlines on the west coast as well as volcanoes. Several of the mountains in that area are volcanoes.
Now, don't get me wrong here folks. I am not a prophet, nor have I ever claimed to be one. Even if we have a large subduction zone quake in that area soon, that still doesn't mean my dream was prophetic. All I know is, a 9.0 in that area with a likely tsunami to follow would probably be the thing that sends America over that proverbial cliff.

I live here in Oregon. There is a fault line called the Cascadia Subduction zone. It runs parallel about 200-300 miles off the the coast of Northern California, Oregon and Washington. The fault separates the North American plate from the Juan defuca plate.Yes it could produce a 9.0 from what I understand. Many low lying towns along the coast would be wiped out by a Tsunami. We do have a decent mountain range 1500-4500 ft hills protecting the interior here in Oregon.

wiki
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cascadia_subduction_zone
david

Postby Passion on Mon Apr 18, 2011 12:12 pm

I live in W. WA and I hate it here. Not because of the quake danger, but because of the horrible wet, cold, dreary weather. And the older I get, the worse I suffer from S.A.D. (which is odd, because from what I've read about it, it should affect me less as I age, not more! But then, medically speaking, I've always been an anomaly!). And the more the damp makes me ache! :oldman: So I've been wanting to move to N. Idaho.....much drier, way more sunshine, and the lowest cost of living in all the W. states.

But then, there's Yellowstone. :eek:

So....I don't know. Kind of a "Choose your poison" sort of thing.
"But as for me, I will watch expectantly for the Lord; I will wait for the God of my salvation. My God will hear me. Do not rejoice over me, O my enemy. Though I fall I will rise; Though I dwell in darkness, the Lord is a light for me."

--Mica 7:7-8

Passion

Postby daffyladysson on Mon Apr 18, 2011 12:25 pm

4.6 in Bermuda! :typing: :read2:
daffyladysson

Postby david on Mon Apr 18, 2011 9:12 pm

Does anyone else think the number of earthquakes in California & Nevada are a bit numerous? I know they are small but there is a lot of them, it looks above normal. It seems before this past week things were much more quite.

david
david

Postby david on Mon Apr 18, 2011 9:27 pm

Passion wrote:I live in W. WA and I hate it here. Not because of the quake danger, but because of the horrible wet, cold, dreary weather. And the older I get, the worse I suffer from S.A.D. (which is odd, because from what I've read about it, it should affect me less as I age, not more! But then, medically speaking, I've always been an anomaly!). And the more the damp makes me ache! :oldman: So I've been wanting to move to N. Idaho.....much drier, way more sunshine, and the lowest cost of living in all the W. states.

But then, there's Yellowstone. :eek:

So....I don't know. Kind of a "Choose your poison" sort of thing.

Moving to Idaho may be a good way to go, if you want to go out as a pyroclastic statue. At least you wont be wet and cold. But I know why you mean I live here in Oregon and this year has been one of the worst since I can remember going back to 1980. This spring has been disappointing, just seems like winter has taken an extended stay.
david

Postby Resurrection Torchlight on Tue Apr 19, 2011 7:03 am

This spring has been disappointing, just seems like winter has taken an extended stay.

Same here in Western NY, Going on a full six months of cold dreary winter-like weather with very few nice days in between I could count them on one hand. I sure hope summer makes up for it.

RT
Resurrection Torchlight

Postby jgilberAZ on Tue Apr 19, 2011 8:17 am

:lol:

We've loved the extended winter here in Arizona.

Those 110 degree days will be here soon enough!
2 Timothy 2:24a..And the servant of the Lord must not strive ...
The meaning is, that the servant of Christ should be a man of peace. He should not indulge in the feelings which commonly give rise to contention, and which commonly characterize it. He should not struggle for mere victory, even when endeavoring to maintain truth; but should do this, in all cases, with a kind spirit, and a mild temper; with entire candor; with nothing designed to provoke and irritate an adversary; and so that, whatever may be the result of the discussion, "the bond of peace" may, if possible, be preserved.
jgilberAZ

Postby notworthcomparing on Mon May 09, 2011 8:31 pm

New Madrid Fault under pressure

Water is Heavy. Lots of water in Memphis. Memphis is right in the back yard of the New Madrid fault.

The New Madrid Fault is due for a large Earthquake.

Water

1 gallon - 8.34 pounds
1 gallon - 231 cubic inches or 6.136 inches square

Mississippi river - Mile Wide (I know this varies widely, but humor me please).

1 mile = 5280 feet = 63,360 inches / 6.136 = 10,326 gallons wide

The river is 48 feet above normal.

48 feet = 576 inches / 6.136 = 94 gallons deep

One hundred mile stretch

100 miles = 6,336,000 inches / 6.136 = 1,032,595 gallons long

1,032,595 x 10,326 x 94 x 8.34 = 8,358,224,000,000 or 8.358 trillion pounds or 4.179 billion tons

If you add in all of the over loaded tributaries and a larger stretch of the river, then you may have a bigger number, but this is not a very scientific presentation.

I'm thinking - the new madrid fault is overdue for some drama.

Imagine 8.358 trillion pounds being added to the top of the fault for a few days and then moving off. Does that not cause some movement?

Who knows, it's probably nothing, but these days I'm watching everything closely.

:bowing: :bowing: :bowing:
notworthcomparing

Postby daffyladysson on Sun May 29, 2011 5:39 am

http://earthquake.usgs.gov/eqcenter/rec ... 76.-74.gif

thank you abiding for your hard work. I had forgotten about the hotlinking rules. :doh:

The above link currently shows 5 earthquakes in the the northern New York and southern Canada region east of the most eastern great lake.
daffyladysson

Postby daffyladysson on Thu Jun 02, 2011 6:20 am

The New Madrid fault line and the yellowstone area need to be on high alert! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7HrpVZznutM
daffyladysson

Postby amessenger4god on Tue Jun 07, 2011 12:21 pm

Relatively large quake struck St. Louis (4.5) last night. Apparently it shook the city for a full 30 minutes. It is in very close proximity to the New Madrid fault.

http://www.ouramazingplanet.com/st-louis-earthquake-110607-1604/
amessenger4god

Postby T-Minus? on Wed Jun 08, 2011 7:49 pm

I live in a suburb of St Louis and I was up sitting at my kitchen table when it struck at 3:10 AM. My house didn't shake much but the furniture danced a bit.
T-Minus?

Postby Resurrection Torchlight on Thu Jun 23, 2011 9:43 pm

2-Major quakes strike in Pacific off Alaska

http://www.reuters.com/article/2011/06/ ... 5620110624

(Reuters) - A major earthquake of 7.4 magnitude hit in the Pacific Ocean on Thursday 107 miles (172 km) east of Atka, Alaska, at a depth of about 25 miles (40 km),and a tsunami warning was in effect for parts of coastal Alaska, warning agencies said.

A second quake of magnitude 7.2 hit in the same vicinity and at the same depth a half-minute later, the U.S. Geological Survey said.

RT
Resurrection Torchlight

Postby extravagantchristian on Wed Jul 06, 2011 1:55 pm

Powerful 7.8 Earthquake Triggers Tsunami Off Coast of New Zealand

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/world/2011/07/06 ... z1RMQxmWrE

I wonder if "ChristChurch" was hit again? ... A quote from an older article...
New Zealand has been more alert to earthquakes since the South Island city of Christchurch, was struck by two devastating quakes in September last year and in February this year.
Matthew 1:22
So all this was done that it might be fulfilled which was spoken by the Lord through the prophets
extravagantchristian

Postby daffyladysson on Wed Jul 06, 2011 2:38 pm

http://www.youtube.com/user/thebarcaroller

check out the recent activity section.

He called this quake more than 24 hours ago!
daffyladysson

Postby Spreading Salt on Fri Sep 02, 2011 5:07 am

Full-screen
Earthquake
State: State of Alaska
Date: 2011-09-02 : 10:55:52
Magnitude: 7.1
Depth: 10 km
Spreading Salt
Supporting Member

Postby Spreading Salt on Fri Sep 09, 2011 1:36 pm

Full-screen
Earthquake
State:
Date: 2011-09-09 : 19:41:33
Magnitude: 6.6
Depth: 10 f km
Details

Haven't seen activity from there before, has anyone else?
Spreading Salt
Supporting Member

PreviousNext

Return to SIGNS