Most Important End Times Sign?

Events indicative of the end-times which may, or may not, be related to a specific Scripture.

Most Important End Times Sign?

Postby ToledoDebbie on Tue May 16, 2017 8:07 am

ToledoDebbie

Re: Most Important End Times Sign?

Postby Exit40 on Wed May 17, 2017 6:51 am

AMEN !!! :hugs:

God Bless

David
Eph 2:8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God

T'was Grace that taught my heart to fear.
And Grace, my fears relieved.
How precious did that Grace appear
The hour I first believed.
Exit40
Supporting Member

Postby Jericho on Wed May 17, 2017 8:55 am

I made a similar post a couple of years ago that basically says the same thing viewtopic.php?f=18&t=60690
Formerly SwordOfGideon
Jericho

Postby SueAnn on Fri May 19, 2017 2:59 pm

:spin:
ﺗﻜﻮﻳﻦ 12
وَقَالَ الرَّبُّ لأَبْرَامَ: «اتْرُكْ أَرْضَكَ وَعَشِيرَتَكَ وَبَيْتَ أَبِيكَ وَاذْهَبْ إِلَى الأَرْضِ الَّتِي أُرِيكَ،
فَأَجْعَلَ مِنْكَ أُمَّةً كَبِيرَةً وَأُبَارِكَكَ وَأُعَظِّمَ اسْمَكَ، وَتَكُونَ بَرَكَةً (لِكَثِيرِينَ).
َأُبَارِكُ مُبَارِكِيكَ وَأَلْعَنُ لاعِنِيكَ، وَتَتَبَارَكُ فِيكَ جَمِيعُ أُمَمِ الأَرْضِ »
SueAnn
Supporting Member

Postby Abiding in His Word on Fri May 19, 2017 6:22 pm

Jericho wrote:I made a similar post a couple of years ago that basically says the same thing viewtopic.php?f=18&t=60690

Jericho, besides being amazed that you could remember that post 6 yrs. ago, I don't even remember it, but sure am going to read it first thing tomorrow. Looks like a lot of great info. Just a quick scan...I found the section about the Hebrew language being restored to the official language of Israel very interesting.

Thanks for the reminder!
Abiding in His Word
SITE ADMIN

Postby Jericho on Sat May 20, 2017 7:48 am

No problem Abiding. I've been blessed with good memory, and that one has always stayed with me. :grin:
Formerly SwordOfGideon
Jericho

Postby Abiding in His Word on Sun May 21, 2017 6:00 pm

Jericho, I found this site that traces the history of the Hebrew language that I was interested in from your earlier link. Then in the second paragraph, there is a link to info on the Tower of Babel that may be of interest to you.
Abiding in His Word
SITE ADMIN

Postby 4givenmuch on Sun May 21, 2017 6:21 pm

hmmm... the original video post is showing up as an error message?
Seek Humility!
4givenmuch
Supporting Member

Postby shorttribber on Sun May 21, 2017 6:50 pm

It's easy for us to look on these days we live and see the fulfillment of prophecy right before our eyes. Some have thought that those before modern dispensationalists teachings never foresaw or believed that Israel would one day be returned literally to their land a and be a Nation Born in a day again.

The link below is a work by John Taylor on the Book of Romans (printed 1769) I think the link will take you to the pages where his writing are very interesting regarding the Might of God in the preservation of his people, and their eventual return to their land.
(Please keep in mind, he saw their preservation as Miraculous BEFORE even the holocaust)
Our God is Wonderful and Mighty!

https://babel.hathitrust.org/cgi/pt?id= ... 22;size=75

Keep in mind when reading this little part that the "S" letter is a "long F", you'll figure it out.

The link does go to the right page....read about the last four or five lines on the first page and the few that are on the next page to end that chapter.

Way to go John Taylor! He had the right idea, when so many others in his day didn't believe it could happen!
The Wisest men have changed their Counsels and Resolves upon second thoughts, much more upon experience, and approaching evils not at first discovered. Rev. Herbert Croft, 1675

Where no counsel is, the people fall: but in the multitude of counsellors there is safety.

Find seven years of tribulation plainly stated in the Bible.
shorttribber

Postby shorttribber on Sun May 21, 2017 6:53 pm

4givenmuch wrote:hmmm... the original video post is showing up as an error message?

That's odd....I just looked at it about a half hr ago :dunno:
The Wisest men have changed their Counsels and Resolves upon second thoughts, much more upon experience, and approaching evils not at first discovered. Rev. Herbert Croft, 1675

Where no counsel is, the people fall: but in the multitude of counsellors there is safety.

shorttribber

Postby Jericho on Sun May 21, 2017 8:01 pm

Abiding in His Word wrote:Jericho, I found this site that traces the history of the Hebrew language that I was interested in from your earlier link. Then in the second paragraph, there is a link to info on the Tower of Babel that may be of interest to you.

Thanks for sharing Abiding, it is interesting.
Formerly SwordOfGideon
Jericho

Postby Jay Ross on Mon May 22, 2017 1:44 am

I found that the date given for the Tower of Babel in the link given by Abiding is putting the time when the Tower of Babel was built into the realms of Adam's time frame when it makes the following statement: -
According to the Bible all people spoke one language (Genesis 11:1) until the construction of the Tower of Babel, in southern Mesopotamia which occurred sometime around 4000 BC (Merrill F. Unger, "Tower of Babel," Unger's Bible Dictionary, 1977 ed.: 115). During the construction of the Tower, God confused the language of man and scattered the nations (Genesis 11:7,8).

If the Genesis account is correct, then the Story of the Tower of Babel occurred after the flood in the time period 2,000 BC to 2,500 BC and if the Book of Jasher is correct, then Nimrod was a contemporary of Terah, Abraham's father.

Shalom
Jay Ross

Postby shorttribber on Mon May 22, 2017 8:44 am

Jay Ross wrote:I found that the date given for the Tower of Babel in the link given by Abiding is putting the time when the Tower of Babel was built into the realms of Adam's time frame when it makes the following statement: -
According to the Bible all people spoke one language (Genesis 11:1) until the construction of the Tower of Babel, in southern Mesopotamia which occurred sometime around 4000 BC (Merrill F. Unger, "Tower of Babel," Unger's Bible Dictionary, 1977 ed.: 115). During the construction of the Tower, God confused the language of man and scattered the nations (Genesis 11:7,8).

If the Genesis account is correct, then the Story of the Tower of Babel occurred after the flood in the time period 2,000 BC to 2,500 BC and if the Book of Jasher is correct, then Nimrod was a contemporary of Terah, Abraham's father.

Shalom

I wonder if that is just a mistake in print :humm: I tried to find Unger's Bible Dictionary to read on line and confirm that is the date actually mentioned in Unger's but I couldn't find a way to read it on line and confirm it.

shorttribber

Postby Jay Ross on Mon May 22, 2017 2:53 pm

shorttribber wrote:<snip>

I wonder if that is just a mistake in print :humm: I tried to find Unger's Bible Dictionary to read on line and confirm that is the date actually mentioned in Unger's but I couldn't find a way to read it on line and confirm it.

You are probably right, it is probably a repeatable mistake on someone's part.
Jay Ross

Postby Mark F on Wed May 31, 2017 7:23 pm

Jay Ross wrote:I found that the date given for the Tower of Babel in the link given by Abiding is putting the time when the Tower of Babel was built into the realms of Adam's time frame when it makes the following statement: -

Shalom

That is interesting. Unger's puts the "Tower of Babel" at 4000 BC like the quote says, but it references A. Parrot, Tower of Babel (1955)

Right after the "Tower of Babel" is "Babylon," under that heading it says the beginnings for the city of Babylon according to Genesis 10:10 is about 1830 BC just a few pages after it says under "Tower of Babel" that it was establisher approx. 4000 BC. They obviously just compiled information from many sources.

We know that Nimrod lived at that time and Unger's references him to Genesis 10 and 11.

I have a really nice Bible timeline that is like the face of a clock with Bible history aligned with known world history....it shows the tower of Babel around 2200 BC (http://www.AmazingBibleTimeline.com if anyone is interested)
Mark

All Scripture from NKJV

Find a seven year covenant Jesus makes with anybody plainly stated in Scripture.
Mark F

Postby Jay Ross on Wed May 31, 2017 10:58 pm

Mark, I have done my own timeline of the Old Testament and I found that T Lydiat's chronological timeline of the Old Testament where he suggest that Adam was created around the year 4103 BC was the best fit with my timeline. Whereas J. Ussher's, (Lydiat's brother in-law), provides an estimation of 4004 BC for when Adam was created. From my study of Ussher's timeline, I found many errors and I would suggest that he cooked the books so to speak to establish his 4,000 years from Adam to Christ's birth.

Ussher's timeline does not mirror the Genesis chronological data for when the patriarchs were born but has used his interpretation of Stephens defence before he was stoned to death that Abraham had left Haran after his "father" had died.

If we look at the Genesis data we see that Abraham left Haran after Noah had died, and we also see that Abraham overlapped Peleg's life by 48 years. If the Tower of babel occurred and the dispersion of the nations occurred during Peleg's life, then it probably occur towards the later portion of his life. The other interesting observation is that Haran, Abraham's younger brother had left Ur and established his own community which he owned, but had returned to Ur to present his son Lot to his father, but while he was there, Haran died, and shortly afterwards, Terah, Abraham, Sarah and Lot left Ur to go to the Land of Canaan but Terah did not move on from Haran. From Genesis 22 we can surmise that Terah died a year before Sarah, because news is brought to Abraham of his family back in Haran after the death of his father Terah.

From my research into establishing my timeline, I concluded that the work on the Tower of Babel probably stop around the time that Abraham was 25 years old and that his brother was a part of the early dispersion of the people away from Ur, possibly around the year 2125 BC.

Mark your suggestion from your chart that the Tower of babel was around the year 2200 BC is probably a reasonable starting date for the Tower of Babel's construction.

Shalom
Jay Ross

Return to SIGNS