Map of protesting countries surrounding Israel

Latest prophecy related news.

Map of protesting countries surrounding Israel

Postby aaron on Fri Feb 18, 2011 4:12 pm

I don't care for CNN as a news network, but check out this story with the map that details what countries are protesting and why. Incredible that they are all the nations around Israel, except Saudi Arabia. Keep watching and praying everybody. :a2:

http://www.cnn.com/2011/WORLD/meast/02/ ... tml?hpt=C1
Fight the good fight of faith, lay hold on eternal life, whereunto thou art also called, and hast professed a good profession before many witnesses.
-1 Timothy 6:12
aaron

Re: Map of protesting countries surrounding Israel

Postby JustLoveJesus on Fri Feb 18, 2011 4:36 pm

It won't be long before SA falls as well. Things are brewing under the surface there. And, Turkey ought to be included as that country was very quietly, but insidiously taken over by an Islamist government.

She is now indeed surrounded by her enemies.

Watching and praying....

MrsV
JustLoveJesus

Postby Jericho on Fri Feb 18, 2011 4:42 pm

JustLoveJesus wrote:It won't be long before SA falls as well. Things are brewing under the surface there. And, Turkey ought to be included as that country was very quietly, but insidiously taken over by an Islamist government.

She is now indeed surrounded by her enemies.

Watching and praying....

MrsV

Yup, looks like SA is getting surrounded too. They must be getting worried.
Formerly SwordOfGideon
Jericho

Postby A_Watchman on Fri Feb 18, 2011 10:10 pm

So odd that I was just reading Isaiah chapters 17, thru 19. Quite a moment history, I do declare! Praise YHWH!!!! Glory to his Son, forevermore!
ELoeb
A_Watchman

Postby Resurrection Torchlight on Mon Feb 21, 2011 8:27 am

What I find intriguing about these countries is that for the most part they comprise the nations that make up the Mediterranean union. What if and this is a big what if of speculation, but what if western powers are really behind these uprisings in order to seat more compliant leaders who will cause the Med. Union to succeed. The union proposed by Sarkozy back in 2007 and solidified in 2008, has pretty much been a no show, the head of it just resigned because of all the protests going on.http://www.maltatoday.com.mt/news/world ... al-resigns

I did a bit of digging and found this,

http://democraticbelarus.eu/node/10704

3. Recalling the Eastern Partnership Declaration, adopted at the Summit on 7 May 2009 in Prague, Ministers underlined that the Partnership is based on commitments to the principles of international law and to fundamental values, including democracy, the rule of law and the respect for human rights and fundamental freedoms, as well as to market economy, sustainable development and good governance. They also underlined the importance of the principles of inclusiveness, differentiation and conditionality, as well as joint ownership. Ministers expressed the need for a strong link between the ongoing review of the European Neighbourhood Policy and the further development of the EaP.

4. The Ministers also emphasized the strategic importance of the Eastern Partnership as a way to deepen and strengthen relations between the EU and the Partner countries, to accelerate political association, further economic integration and approximation towards the European Union and to support political and socio-economic reforms of the Partner countries.

There is a link at the top of the article that goes to the PDF (PRESS consilium.europa.eu)

Nebe's colossus shows the final kingdom as ten toes of iron and clay and extension of the Eastern and Western halves of the Roman Empire. I believe the final kingdom will be comprised of five leaders from the Western remnant or the Roman Empire, and five leaders from the Eastern remnant or the Ottoman Empire. Could it be that the ENP may really be the covenant indicated in Daniel, but that it is the reconfirming of that covenant that begins the fulfillment of prophecy rather than the initial agreement which has pretty much been a no show up until now. The whole thing in the middle east right now sure does seem to have a supernatural feel to it, as if the Lord is allowing the stage to be set and is about ready to call "action".

Just thinking out loud.

RT
Resurrection Torchlight

Postby 4givenmuch on Mon Feb 21, 2011 9:02 am

RT, I like your thinking!

"Abba, I pray You would open the eyes of those with a heart for you and save their souls. Protect them and their children. Protect, Israel, the apple of Your eye, and have mercy! Thank You, Jesus, for making a way for us! May You be glorified! Amen."
Seek Humility!
4givenmuch
Supporting Member

Postby Resurrection Torchlight on Mon Feb 21, 2011 9:04 am

This is an article dated yesterday that seems to back up my idea???

http://news.asiaone.com/News/AsiaOne%2B ... 64457.html
Europe rethinks policy on southern Mediterranean rim
Sun, Feb 20, 2011

They see the tumultuous events of the New Year as a means through which to kickstart a long-stalled project for a Union of the Mediterranean, northern and southern rims alike.

The aid programme to the likes of Egypt contains the possibility of suspending assistance in case of human rights violations but the threat has never been carried out.

In a letter to Ashton, German Foreign Minister Guido Westerwelle calls for the EU to "sanction backward steps," saying the revolutions in the Arab world present Europe with a "unique opportunity right now" to promote democracy and human rights in its neighbourhood.

"What we are witnessing in Tunisia and Egypt, but not only there, is a turning point, a historic watershed. Nothing will be as it was before," he wrote.

RT
Resurrection Torchlight

Postby burien1 on Mon Feb 21, 2011 9:43 am

You think like me, RT. Although Islam is incredibly evil, I believe a greater deception is in store for the world.
Psalm 119:105; Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path.
burien1

Postby aaron on Mon Feb 21, 2011 10:19 am

Thanks RT, forgiven, Burien...
This map that cnn posted last week goes along with my own mapping out what is going on in the world. The focus is on that region, they can control things quite easily around the world if they get together and shut down oil production and distribution. Looks like Saudi Arabia is outnumbered.

This was reported today:
http://news.blogs.cnn.com/2011/02/21/li ... ts/?hpt=T1
Tripoli, N. Africa, Yemen, Libya...
In a growing number of countries across the Middle East and North Africa, CNN's reporters and iReporters are covering protests, most of them inspired by January's Egyptian protests that ended President Hosni Mubarak's 30-year rule. Egyptians were inspired by a revolt in Tunisia that toppled its dictator. Here's the inside story by CNN.com's John Sutter about the faces of a social network-aided revolution.

The protests, which suggest a kind of domino effect, are chronicled country by country here. But no two nations' protests are driven by exactly the same reasons. Some have been violent, resulting in several deaths. Others have been mostly peaceful. How they unfold will matter to the stability of the regions, the war against al Qaeda and the world economy. Consider that Libya is an OPEC member.

One final thought: there are ten nations on the interactive map I posted in the first post of this thread. (Granted .. there are more nations uprising now, but this has me thinking about the ten kings mentioned in Rev. chapter 17)
12 “The ten horns which you saw are ten kings who have received no kingdom as yet, but they receive authority for one hour as kings with the beast. 13 These are of one mind, and they will give their power and authority to the beast.

Could what we are witnessing in these nations be the formation of the ten kings? Ten leaders of ten nations that are in the inner circle of the beast who may reveal himself sooner than later?

...and these nations literally surround Israel too. :eek:

Always a pleasure watching and waiting with you all on this board. Lord bless you and keep you. :a2:
Fight the good fight of faith, lay hold on eternal life, whereunto thou art also called, and hast professed a good profession before many witnesses.
aaron

Postby GodsStudent on Mon Feb 21, 2011 4:02 pm

Im watching this, too. While I am watching the Arab world's activities and considering what a few have said here about a ten nation middle eastern fulfillment, my pastor strongly criticized even the suggestion of it, and so I am a little :dunno:

I suppose that watching the enp so hard from 2008-2010 has made me very wary of "marrying" certain elements in prophecy in favor of continued watching and continued reading in scripture (until all the words in scripture themselves are blazen in my heart to the point that one thing or another fits or doesn't fit according to what I know the scriptures say).

There is so much going on right now, its honestly (for simple me) hard to keep it all in focus. I know what some of the different theories are, but studying and researching them all is difficult given the many responsibilities I have. Im sure some of you could agree.
GodsStudent
Supporting Member

Postby aaron on Mon Feb 21, 2011 5:20 pm

I wouldn't argue with that at all GS. I like to examine world events in light of Scripture, praying about it, basically trying to keep watching, not looking for one specific sign and ignoring all the little things. These are all small nations, many of whom we don't even know who the leaders are or how corrupt they have been. I've been praying about this lately and I felt led to read the end of Daniel. Here's chapter 12

1 “At that time Michael shall stand up,
The great prince who stands watch over the sons of your people;
And there shall be a time of trouble,
Such as never was since there was a nation,
Even to that time.
And at that time your people shall be delivered,
Every one who is found written in the book.
2 And many of those who sleep in the dust of the earth shall awake,
Some to everlasting life,
Some to shame and everlasting contempt.
3 Those who are wise shall shine
Like the brightness of the firmament,
And those who turn many to righteousness
Like the stars forever and ever.

4 “But you, Daniel, shut up the words, and seal the book until the time of the end; many shall run to and fro, and knowledge shall increase.”
5 Then I, Daniel, looked; and there stood two others, one on this riverbank and the other on that riverbank. 6 And one said to the man clothed in linen, who was above the waters of the river, “How long shall the fulfillment of these wonders be?”
7 Then I heard the man clothed in linen, who was above the waters of the river, when he held up his right hand and his left hand to heaven, and swore by Him who lives forever, that it shall be for a time, times, and half a time; and when the power of the holy people has been completely shattered, all these things shall be finished.
8 Although I heard, I did not understand. Then I said, “My lord, what shall be the end of these things?”
9 And he said, “Go your way, Daniel, for the words are closed up and sealed till the time of the end. 10 Many shall be purified, made white, and refined, but the wicked shall do wickedly; and none of the wicked shall understand, but the wise shall understand.
11 “And from the time that the daily sacrifice is taken away, and the abomination of desolation is set up, there shall be one thousand two hundred and ninety days. 12 Blessed is he who waits, and comes to the one thousand three hundred and thirty-five days.
13 “But you, go your way till the end; for you shall rest, and will arise to your inheritance at the end of the days.”

I'm reminded that as we near the return of Christ, things will become more clear, and we should never stop watching.

:a2:
aaron

Postby xdrifter on Mon Feb 21, 2011 5:27 pm

What I find intriguing about these countries is that for the most part they comprise the nations that make up the Mediterranean union. What if and this is a big what if of speculation, but what if western powers are really behind these uprisings in order to seat more compliant leaders who will cause the Med. Union to succeed. The union proposed by Sarkozy back in 2007 and solidified in 2008, has pretty much been a no show, the head of it just resigned because of all the protests going on.

Hey friend, I don't want to try and poke any holes in your theory before telling you I am almost in complete agreement with you, as far as what is going on; however I do have other suspects for you to consider.

Egypt was a good allie of Israel and co-operated with the US.
Bahrain also co-operated with the US and Israel.

Why would the US topple governments that help create stability in the area?

It seems to me like the Governments comming under fire are either too pro-western ideal, or, not submissive enough to a higher muslim authority, Gadaffi for example while he has been anything but a friend to the US or Israel has always been one to march to the beat of his own drum. It seems to me asthough if a fair democracy is given to these countries they will do exactly what other Muslim countries who have been given democracys have done (GAZA, Afghanistan, Iran) and they will do as their IMAM in the Mosque tells them, and vote Hamas, or Islamic Brotherhood.

With Iran sending out their ships, this looks to me like the early signs of a Muslim federation being born.

This would lead us right into the GOG/MAGOG being thumped by Israel scenerio.
"About the time of the end, a body of men will be raised up who will turn their attention to the prophecies, and insist upon their literal interpretation, in the midst of much clamour and opposition." Sir Isaac Newton, 1642-1727

Remember me affectionately to good Dr. Price and to the honest heretic Dr. Priestly. I do not call him honest by way of distinction; for I think all the heretics I have known have been virtuous men. They have the virtue of fortitude or they would not venture to own their heresy; and they cannot afford to be deficient in any of the other virtues, as that would give advantage to their many enemies; and they have not like orthodox sinners, such a number of friends to excuse or justify them. Do not, however mistake me. It is not to my good friend's heresy that I impute his honesty. On the contrary, 'tis his honesty that has brought upon him the character of heretic.
xdrifter

Postby Jericho on Mon Feb 21, 2011 5:43 pm

y would the US topple governments that help create stability in the area?

I have some ideas but they would be mostly conspiracy theory. I do however find it odd that BHO was so quick to jump on the protesters bandwagon to ditch a pro-west ally, but when it comes to protests in Iran and Libya he is remarkably slow to respond.
Formerly SwordOfGideon
Jericho

Postby xdrifter on Mon Feb 21, 2011 6:51 pm

Obama is the exception. Half the time I wonder if he is living in fairy tale land.

Turning his back on traditional allies that are tried and tested, while signing nuclear proliferation treaties with Russia, that call for the complete nuclear disarmorment of the USA.

It is almost like I am living in a creepy sci fi novel where the KGB actually got their nominee for commander and chief elected

But seriously, at the best of times I wonder what team Obama plays for, and where him and his family plan to call home when the dust settles. Obama aside, I don`t believe Americans are the mastermind behind everything that happens on the planet, I believe what is happening in the middle east right now is independent of our Government, not that it has always been that way.. I believe this is all part of America being hung out to dry.

Take Georgia a few years ago for example, the USA had a pro western allie there and a strategic one at that, Russia saw their moment of opportunity in our moment of weakness and swooped in, a matter of days is all it took for a pro-kremlin government to be put in place. WE no longer have that foothold. I believe the movers and shakers right now have everything to do with opportunists taking small strategic bites out of a crumbling empire. I also believe they have everything to do with Bible prophecy.

Prophecy could not be fulfilled in its entirety if all the nations listed in the Bible came against Israel, except Egypt; because Egypt is an allie of Israel. In order for prophecy to be fulfilled every nation listed needs to rise against Israel.

The Bible sets the standard for itself, if a prophet is right 99 times and wrong one, he is no prophet.
"About the time of the end, a body of men will be raised up who will turn their attention to the prophecies, and insist upon their literal interpretation, in the midst of much clamour and opposition." Sir Isaac Newton, 1642-1727

Remember me affectionately to good Dr. Price and to the honest heretic Dr. Priestly. I do not call him honest by way of distinction; for I think all the heretics I have known have been virtuous men. They have the virtue of fortitude or they would not venture to own their heresy; and they cannot afford to be deficient in any of the other virtues, as that would give advantage to their many enemies; and they have not like orthodox sinners, such a number of friends to excuse or justify them. Do not, however mistake me. It is not to my good friend's heresy that I impute his honesty. On the contrary, 'tis his honesty that has brought upon him the character of heretic.
xdrifter

Postby Tevye on Wed Feb 23, 2011 10:05 am

...about S.A....
Ulf Laessing wrote:"The new generation of revolution is surrounding them from everywhere."
Link
Tevye

Postby MacD23 on Wed Feb 23, 2011 11:17 am

The UN is warning that food prices are skyrocketing and will be out of control, that we are going to have to start being humane and "sharing" world resources to feed people. Oil is skyrocketing as I write this.

What the world needs, is a peace maker. (a pacemaker would be helpful too)

Will the real Anti-Christ please stand up.

Got my tickets ready to get out of dodge as soon as I'm called. Don't want to be here when this all unravels.
MacD23
Supporting Member

Postby JustLoveJesus on Wed Feb 23, 2011 11:39 am

Please at least consider and pray about the possibility that we may be here when everything unravels. That way, if we aren't, Praise God! But, if we are, we have prepared ourselves for facing the evil day and will be able to stand when it comes.

MrsV
JustLoveJesus

Postby aaron on Wed Feb 23, 2011 1:30 pm

Please at least consider and pray about the possibility that we may be here when everything unravels. That way, if we aren't, Praise God! But, if we are, we have prepared ourselves for facing the evil day and will be able to stand when it comes.

I'm trying to stay focused on the wonder of being with Christ and His bride when it's all said and done. I find that studying prophecy with this attitude is refreshing vs. depressing if you just talk about doom and gloom. I agree, we need to prepare ourselves to stand. I love how John ends Revelation by adding "Even so, come, Lord Jesus!" I do consider being here for some tough times, I know that God will be with us through it all.

MacD23 has also shared some valid points on global food issues that will no doubt intensify as we approach the second coming of Christ. War, famine, pestilence ... they always go together in historical settings. (Not so much in recent memory with the US wars in Iraq and Afghanistan) If people are fighting it's inevitable there will be food production and distribution problems .. and the disease that spreads with mass casualties that are not properly buried. The four horsemen may ride sooner than we think.

Funny thing about this map .. these arab nations rising up .. I never thought it would be this way, I always assumed that a leader would rise up out of a nation with backing from other nations and forcefully take nations and grow his short-lived little kingdom that way. I never thought about nations rising up against their leaders and basically handing themselves over in the name of 'change'. They are making it waaaaaaaay too easy on whoever the AC ends up to be. I know who I'm watching, but there could be a dark horse lurking in the shadows too.
aaron

Postby extravagantchristian on Wed Feb 23, 2011 1:52 pm

that map is scary... something larger is at work here...what's next?
Surely goodness and mercy will follow me all the days of my life, and I will dwell in the house of the Lord forever.
extravagantchristian

Postby Tevye on Wed Feb 23, 2011 2:43 pm

aaron wrote:I never thought about nations rising up against their leaders and basically handing themselves over in the name of 'change'. They are making it waaaaaaaay too easy on whoever the AC ends up to be. I know who I'm watching, but there could be a dark horse lurking in the shadows too.

You're right it does seem like a rapid transformation is happening.
The intriguing thing is that when the appointed time for something actually arrives
as with anything in life, it seems like that something we had been waiting so long for
happens so fast. Is this what is happening right now? Could we be in that appointed time?
I imagine if we are, we will soon start seeing the events that are meant to follow.
Tevye

Postby JustLoveJesus on Wed Feb 23, 2011 2:54 pm

Amen, Aaron. For me, my entire focus is on the fact that, if we are indeed seeing end-time prophecy being fulfilled, we are going to see the return of Jesus as King of Kings and Lord of Lords, ruling and reigning over the nations. And we will be at His side. The thought that I might see Him and be with Him soon is almost too much to contain. I feel like I can face anything, knowing that this will be the end result.

Tevye - indeed, the scriptures indicate over and over that these things will happen suddenly, taking people by surprise. Obviously, when John wrote Jesus' words in Revelation, "Behold I come quickly", it didn't mean that He was coming back in a few days, from John's perspective, but rather that, when the events of His return do unfold, they will unfold quickly.

MrsV
JustLoveJesus

Postby GodsStudent on Wed Feb 23, 2011 3:08 pm

JustLoveJesus wrote:Please at least consider and pray about the possibility that we may be here when everything unravels. That way, if we aren't, Praise God! But, if we are, we have prepared ourselves for facing the evil day and will be able to stand when it comes.

MrsV

:a3:
GodsStudent
Supporting Member

Postby drdos on Wed Feb 23, 2011 3:24 pm

GodsStudent wrote:
JustLoveJesus wrote:Please at least consider and pray about the possibility that we may be here when everything unravels. That way, if we aren't, Praise God! But, if we are, we have prepared ourselves for facing the evil day and will be able to stand when it comes.

MrsV

:a3: to the :a3:
drdos

Postby chris1980 on Wed Feb 23, 2011 3:27 pm

drdos wrote:
GodsStudent wrote:

MrsV

:a3: to the :a3:

Yup because it's rapidly approaching.. :armor:
chris1980

Postby david on Wed Feb 23, 2011 4:25 pm

GodsStudent wrote:Im watching this, too. While I am watching the Arab world's activities and considering what a few have said here about a ten nation middle eastern fulfillment, my pastor strongly criticized even the suggestion of it, and so I am a little :dunno:

I suppose that watching the enp so hard from 2008-2010 has made me very wary of "marrying" certain elements in prophecy in favor of continued watching and continued reading in scripture (until all the words in scripture themselves are blazen in my heart to the point that one thing or another fits or doesn't fit according to what I know the scriptures say).

There is so much going on right now, its honestly (for simple me) hard to keep it all in focus. I know what some of the different theories are, but studying and researching them all is difficult given the many responsibilities I have. Im sure some of you could agree.

We can take rest as Jesus said watch therefore we not be "deceived". The reason we watch is so we are not deceived; therefor what we watch for should be enough so we are not deceived. The Canadian Mounties were trained to recognize only authentic Canadian currency so when they encountered a fake they would recognize it as such. Likewise we should know the original the genuine Lord and Savior so we won't be fooled by what is false. I know it seems overwhelming and I having been there and could easy now be taken back. I need to remember that Jesus never said for us to figure it all out nor the plans of the enemy. He said look out so we are not deceived and the way I plan on not being deceived is to know my Savior.

david
david

Postby aaron on Wed Feb 23, 2011 5:03 pm

We can take rest as Jesus said watch therefore we not be "deceived". The reason we watch is so we are not deceived; therefor what we watch for should be enough so we are not deceived. The Canadian Mounties were trained to recognize only authentic Canadian currency so when they encountered a fake they would recognize it as such. Likewise we should know the original the genuine Lord and Savior so we won't be fooled by what is false. I know it seems overwhelming and I having been there and could easy now be taken back. I need to remember that Jesus never said for us to figure it all out nor the plans of the enemy. He said look out so we are not deceived and the way I plan on not being deceived is to know my Savior.

Wow, excellent illustration david, thanks! :grin:

Also love what you said JVJ:

Amen, Aaron. For me, my entire focus is on the fact that, if we are indeed seeing end-time prophecy being fulfilled, we are going to see the return of Jesus as King of Kings and Lord of Lords, ruling and reigning over the nations. And we will be at His side. The thought that I might see Him and be with Him soon is almost too much to contain. I feel like I can face anything, knowing that this will be the end result.

Tevye - indeed, the scriptures indicate over and over that these things will happen suddenly, taking people by surprise. Obviously, when John wrote Jesus' words in Revelation, "Behold I come quickly", it didn't mean that He was coming back in a few days, from John's perspective, but rather that, when the events of His return do unfold, they will unfold quickly.

MrsV

You're right it does seem like a rapid transformation is happening.
The intriguing thing is that when the appointed time for something actually arrives
as with anything in life, it seems like that something we had been waiting so long for
happens so fast. Is this what is happening right now? Could we be in that appointed time?
I imagine if we are, we will soon start seeing the events that are meant to follow.

Tevye, my eyes are being opened to the fact that we could all wake up tomorrow facing persecution, a new world leader, multiple signs being fulfilled... the speed that they could happen is amazingly fast after watching these countries on the map challenge their leaders and topple some governments and regimes.
:blessyou:
aaron

Postby Just_Betsy on Wed Feb 23, 2011 8:15 pm

Tevye wrote:You're right it does seem like a rapid transformation is happening.

Reminds me of labor pains, which is what Scripture said the last days would be like. You know you're in labor, but when it's time to start pushing, everything comes so fast and hard!
Betsy

Persecution is coming. Of COURSE it is. The only question is, will we remember that it is a privilege to bear His reproach? Will we count it all joy that we are counted worthy to suffer with Him? Will we love? Or will we get belligerent and hateful toward our enemies, in defiance of our Lord's command and example?
Just_Betsy

Postby Swayde on Thu Feb 24, 2011 5:56 am

The most disturbing thing I see on that map is that they actually labeled Palestinian Territory. That makes me sick =(
~Barbara
Swayde

Postby Tevye on Thu Feb 24, 2011 7:18 am

Just_Betsy wrote:Reminds me of labor pains, which is what Scripture said the last days would be like. You know you're in labor, but when it's time to start pushing, everything comes so fast and hard!

:grin: When our 3rd child was born
we checked in the hospital, settled in the delivery room
at about a 7, I decided to go downstairs, for just a moment, to get a hot chocolate
so just as I'm pouring hot water over the coco I hear my name over the speaker.
"Mr ####....could could you please return to maternity, right away."
Within in a few moments my wife had progressed to a 10 and it was time.
:eek:

"Now, brothers and sisters, about times and dates we do not need to write to you,
for you know very well that the day of the Lord will come like a thief in the night.
While people are saying, “Peace and safety,” destruction will come on them suddenly,
as labor pains on a pregnant woman, and they will not escape."

"But you, brothers and sisters, are not in darkness
so that this day should surprise you
like a thief.

You are all children of the light and children of the day."

"May God himself, the God of peace, sanctify you through and through.
May your whole spirit, soul and body be kept blameless
at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ.
The one who calls you is faithful, and he will do it."

1 Thessalonians 5
Tevye

Postby jgilberAZ on Thu Feb 24, 2011 9:04 am

GodsStudent wrote: While I am watching the Arab world's activities and considering what a few have said here about a ten nation middle eastern fulfillment, my pastor strongly criticized even the suggestion of it ...

I don't understand why suggesting something should require strong criticism?

Are we not supposed to be bereans?
Or, should we just accept whatever the 'experts' say and be done with it?

Doesn't being a berean require that we at least investigate theories to see if they align with scripture?

Does your pastor not want you to do that?

I don't get it.

:humm:
2 Timothy 2:24a..And the servant of the Lord must not strive ...
The meaning is, that the servant of Christ should be a man of peace. He should not indulge in the feelings which commonly give rise to contention, and which commonly characterize it. He should not struggle for mere victory, even when endeavoring to maintain truth; but should do this, in all cases, with a kind spirit, and a mild temper; with entire candor; with nothing designed to provoke and irritate an adversary; and so that, whatever may be the result of the discussion, "the bond of peace" may, if possible, be preserved.
jgilberAZ

Postby GodsStudent on Thu Feb 24, 2011 9:28 am

I don't either, jgilberAZ. It's been bugging me to pieces all week.
I am chuckling right now as your thread this week also bugged me to pieces. In the thread I am talking about, you and your wife were meeting with a pre trib pastor and his wife. I know it didn't go well for you, and some of the "concreteness" in my current pastor isn't sitting well with me, either.

I am seriously conflicted here.

Am I there to be a burean when things don't go "as planned or taught?" My husband and I talked after church Sunday as we were acutely aware of a few things that were said in the service. They were minor, but we had discernment...frankly, the Lord showed me, as I was praying through the service, and I know and trust and believe that the Lord was with me and showing me for a purpose.

I know the Lord is present at the services in our church, but everything that is said is not always perfect. The Holy Spirit moves in that place, sometimes so much that I feel the walls may begin to shake! I can honestly say the Lord has used this church and the pastor to work in me since we started attending a few months ago, so the assembling of believers is working out for me, but the pre trib view and the "bottom lines" on issues (such as this one), render the experience as one where we are either going to be sheeple or we are going to be bureans.....(and watchers)

I think, for me, the conclusion is that I should not forsake the assembling of believers, as we are all growing, even those who are more inclined to simply take the pastor's word as solid gold.....then, there are those attending this church, like me and my husband, who are watchmen, and who have discernment to know that this is not the right thing to do (take the pastor's word as solid gold).

For now, Im staying put. As more is revealed, I will probably feel led and even pressed to speak up.....where the Lord leads, and about what the Lord prompts me to speak up about. No doubt in my mind all who attend these services love the Lord. Not all are watchmen. I have noticed that in smaller groups, as we talk about things going on, I mention scriptures relevant to certain things, and I see some in the group scrambling to get their pens out and write down which scriptures I made mention of.....so, there are small glimmers of why I may have a place in this setting.

It seems my post is saying the pastor is just dead wrong all over the place, and this is not the case. He is a pastor who works with other pastors to discern the times. They have their understanding, and right now, I don't feel led to leave the church or step all over his toes and get into debates.....I feel led to speak softly, follow along with the group, mention scriptures and things I learn here on FP (and elsewhere), and most of all give the example of a watcher.....

:dunno:
GodsStudent
Supporting Member

Postby aaron on Thu Feb 24, 2011 10:57 am

The most disturbing thing I see on that map is that they actually labeled Palestinian Territory. That makes me sick =(

Good point, Swayde. I didn't even see that myself!

:eek:
aaron

Return to What you think (About news)