Glenn Beck Interviews Joel Osteen

News about humankind's turning from God.

Glenn Beck Interviews Joel Osteen

Postby Final Trumpet on Mon Jan 19, 2009 4:27 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jXptuSAc_3c

Ugh :roll:

Glenn and Joel giving us the apostate gospel...

EDIT: UPDATED LINK TO VIDEO
Last edited by Final Trumpet on Thu Feb 12, 2009 8:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
Blow ye the trumpet in Zion, and sound an alarm in my holy mountain; let all the inhabitants of the land tremble: for the day of Jehovah cometh, for it is nigh at hand
Joel 2:1

Days of Noah

"About the time of the end, a body of men will be raised up who will turn their attention to the prophecies, & insist on their literal interpretations, in the midst of much clamor & opposition."
Sir Isaac Newton

Final Trumpet

Re: Glenn Beck Interviews Joel Osteen

Postby Finaldash on Mon Jan 19, 2009 4:53 pm

I just shook my head after Osteen said that he has met countless Hindus who love God as much as we do. :alrighty:
Which of their 10,000 gods?

Definitely dissapointed with Beck for allowing Osteen to share his made up gospel.
Finaldash
Supporting Member

Postby wvdeerhunter on Thu Jan 22, 2009 11:25 am

How could Glenn Beck refute that idea??? He has 2 (count them..TWO!!) gospels....it would be like the pot calling the kettle black.
wvdeerhunter

Postby aaron on Thu Jan 22, 2009 8:14 pm

it would be like the pot calling the kettle black.

:lol:
Fight the good fight of faith, lay hold on eternal life, whereunto thou art also called, and hast professed a good profession before many witnesses.
-1 Timothy 6:12
aaron

Postby Rich Kelley on Fri Jan 23, 2009 9:48 pm

We know Glenn Beck, an we know Joel, so why should we be surprise by any of their comments.

I will say that someone is not as into the gospel as they claim. :grin: I don't know isn't a good answer, unless you are trying, to please everyone.
Rich
Jesus is the only way, get over it.
There are 30,000+ denominations/divisions in the body of Christ. Why?
Rich Kelley
Supporting Member

Postby stevesherri on Sun Jan 25, 2009 7:52 pm

That didn't sound like the Glenn Beck on CNN. Is he wishy-washy all the time on Fox, or is he that way for Osteen ?
stevesherri
Supporting Member

Postby wvdeerhunter on Mon Jan 26, 2009 3:55 am

stevesherri wrote:That didn't sound like the Glenn Beck on CNN. Is he wishy-washy all the time on Fox, or is he that way for Osteen ?

First, I think that Glenn is trying to uphold the "fair and balanced approach" as much as he can. He is not quite as as unbridled as he was on that "other" network.
Second, but foremost, Mormons desperately want to be accepted by Christians as being exactly that...Christian. If they can be accepted, it is their way of coping with the voice inside them that says "ya know, some if this just doesn't add up." I love Glenn Beck. I pray that he finds the peace he's looking for....the kind of peace found in a loving Savior, not in a "particular church" nor in any man, nor in Mormonism.
wvdeerhunter

Postby redeemed1953 on Sat Jan 31, 2009 5:41 pm

:armor:

Even as a Mormon, Glenn Beck has more on the ball, theologically speaking, than Joel Osteen.

:a3:
I am a great sinner and Christ is a great Saviour...John Newton
redeemed1953

Postby tillenterprises on Mon Feb 02, 2009 6:59 pm

First of all, let me say that I study the Word, and listen to and read many different sources depending on what I feel like studying, from Hal Lindsey, to this website, to the 700 Club, to Joel Osteen, etc. For what it's worth, I will offer this partial-defense of Joel Osteen. I feel that there are legitimate criticisms of him for perhaps not talking enough about sin or being more of a Christian motivational speaker, but I attended his "night of hope" in November here in Milwaukee, and was impressed with the sinner's prayer and altar call at the end of the service. It was almost as strong as any altar call I've seen at my Assembly of God church (and I've seen some powerful ones there), not to mention the music and worship team from Lakewood church, which are always top-notch! They even mentioned Jesus coming again!

I have prayed for discernment and revelation about Osteen, and I really do feel his heart is sincere and he really does love the Lord and he loves people. A few years ago, I was going through a financial situation regarding the buying of our house and I was the most stressed that I had ever been in my life. I prayed like I had never prayed before, and I felt led to pick up Osteen's first book. I had never heard about him before, and knew nothing about him, but i felt like many of the stories in there about how God turned around situations that looked hopeless were speaking directly to me, and I knew that God was telling me everything was going to be just fine, and it was. For all the criticism Joel gets, I also feel that many pastors could touch a little more on the daily practical Christian living, faith, and encouragement that Osteen specializes in. One idea I got from an Osteen broadcast about paying the toll fee for the car behind you, and it gave me one of the biggest thrills of my life to see that lady's face! It made her day! :grin:

In these days of doom and gloom, I like how Osteen reminds us to focus on how big our God is, not how big our problems are. I wish more pastors would do this. At some churches, you leave feeling worse than when you got there.

That being said, I know there has been some stuff about what Joel has said about salvation in Christ, and he did clarify that he does believe that Jesus is the only way to heaven, but it didn't come out very forcefully. I guess only God knows his heart. I do know that he said that he wants to have everybody from all religions and sinners to feel welcome to attend his church, where they will hear about our God, so take that for what you will.

In short, I believe we as Christians can learn much from many different preachers, as long as the preaching is scripturally sound, and we shouldn't be so quick to condemn a preacher because of his or her style. BTW, I also thought the Purpose Driven Life was a good book that had some great reminders about daily Christian living and serving others, even though I'm not a fan of Rick Warren's in light of his Tony Blair and Obama connections.
tillenterprises

Postby ObjectsAppearCloser on Mon Feb 09, 2009 8:11 am

My friend that's why it's called deception-some truths mixed in with lies. Don't get fooled with the few things that seem "alright."
Joel is preaching another gospel!
Jorge
Behold He Comes!
ObjectsAppearCloser

Postby runner4jesus on Thu Feb 12, 2009 12:16 am

:alrighty: Too bad, someone from YouTube removed that video with Glen Beck and Joel Osteen interviewing above. I would have loved to see it. :humm:
PROCLAIMING THE TRUTH (see profile) John 17:17 Sanctify (set apart) them through thy truth: thy word is truth.
runner4jesus

Postby Final Trumpet on Thu Feb 12, 2009 8:47 am

runner4jesus wrote::alrighty: Too bad, someone from YouTube removed that video with Glen Beck and Joel Osteen interviewing above. I would have loved to see it. :humm:

I updated the link to one that is still functioning.
Blow ye the trumpet in Zion, and sound an alarm in my holy mountain; let all the inhabitants of the land tremble: for the day of Jehovah cometh, for it is nigh at hand

Days of Noah

"About the time of the end, a body of men will be raised up who will turn their attention to the prophecies, & insist on their literal interpretations, in the midst of much clamor & opposition."
Sir Isaac Newton

Final Trumpet

Postby runner4jesus on Thu Feb 12, 2009 12:47 pm

:lol: Thanks much Final Trumpet. Appreciate it very much. I'll post that on my website too.
PROCLAIMING THE TRUTH (see profile) John 17:17 Sanctify (set apart) them through thy truth: thy word is truth.
runner4jesus

Postby tillenterprises on Wed Mar 04, 2009 8:50 am

ObjectsAppearCloser wrote:My friend that's why it's called deception-some truths mixed in with lies. Don't get fooled with the few things that seem "alright."

I understand and appreciate your concern, and I know that Jesus is ONLY way to salvation. My point is that I see way to many so-called Christians walking around looking depressed, broke, and hopeless all the time (aka my sister in law). How does that provide a good witness of our Lord? While we all have trying times and situations, we should project an attitude of faith at all times, so we can help and encourage others who are hurting to lay their concerns on the Lord and lead them to know that Jesus loves them and cares about them, and that He died for them. You don't draw people to you by looking suicidal all the time! That's something we can learn from Osteen, and I wish more pastors would be more encouraging once in awhile. Also, the show you see on TV is not the complete service at Lakewood. From what I see, they do pray the sinner's prayer and profess Jesus as Lord, and their worship team is great. I understand that when you watch the TV show that doesn't come out as strongly as it should, and there ARE things that I wish Osteen would talk about more. Use discernment, but also don't completely condemn people as false prophets without looking at everything. I will continue to pray for discernment about Osteen, but until I hear him come out with a doctrine directly contradicting the Word, I will continue to use what I can from him, as well as from here, Hal Lindsey, Hagee, etc. :grin:

BTW, he did have a good joke this past week- A lady was on a plane reading her Bible. The guy sitting next to her said sarcastically, "so you don't really believe anything in that Book, do you?" She replied, "you bet I do!" He then said, "well, what about that guy who got swallowed by that fish..." "Oh, you mean Jonah!" "Yeah, now how could he possibly have lived in the belly of the whale for all that time, hmmm?" She thought for a moment, and then said, "well, I'm not sure. I guess I'll have to ask him when I get to heaven!" He replied sarcastically, "well, what if he's not in heaven..." She thought again for a moment, and then replied, "well, then I guess you'll have to ask him!"
:laugh:
tillenterprises

Postby savedbygrace on Wed Mar 04, 2009 10:00 am

Joel Osteen took over for his father John Osteen when John passed away in 1999. Even though John Osteen insisted that God told him he was going to preach into his 90s, he professed healing on his death bed to no avail. He told his parishioners that God was going to give him new body parts and that he was going to be healed. He passed away against his own beliefs that he would not for years to come.

Joel took over the Ministry even though he readily admits that he did not want to. His love was for TV production and marketing, but he felt he had no choice but to step into the pulpit after his father's demise.

Joel's teaching are nothing short of sweet bread for the pew sitters. He admits that he does not want to talk about anything negative. Sin, hell, God's wrath onto the unbelievers at the end time are not part of his vocabulary. He admits that he just wants people to feel good and to feel good about themselves. The sad part of this is that he then should have become a counselor not a preacher.

To be a success in marketing you have to know where people itch and scratch it. Or, you have to create a desire in them by creating a hunger for something they currently do not have nor formerly knew they needed. All commercials can be condensed down to one of these two truths.

So to become a mega-church a pastor has to make church relevant. He has to give the people what they want, something that soothes that spiritual itch. In order to be a “success” (i.e. large masses of people and money) pastors must preach unchallenging messages that uplift rather than convict. He must pander to the lowest common denominator and make sure that whatever is taught does not offend anymore at anytime. What we are seeing is really nothing new, it is a simply fulfillment of 2Ti 4:3-4

For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears; And they shall turn away [their] ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables.

This is exactly where multitudes of people are spiritually today. The above text also helps explain the phenomena of people like Robert Schuller, Rick Warren, Bill Hybels and now, Joel Osteen.

Osteen goes on to say that “I find today that people are not looking for theology.” Well that is obvious because if they were they would not find any sound theology at Lakewood ! Although he does not reveal to the readers where he found this astonishing fact out, it appears the folks he has talked to have no interest in theology.

Lest you think me a bit harsh let me remind you that theology simply means “the knowledge of God.” In essence Osteen has said that people are really not interested in learning about God. Somehow (undoubtedly due to his lack of biblical education) he has made a disconnect between knowing the God of the Bible via sound biblical theology and “knowing how to live.”

http://forgottenword.org/osteen.html
You will be betrayed even by parents and brothers, relatives and friends; and they will put some of you to death. And you will be hated by all for My name’s sake. But not a hair of your head shall be lost. By your patience you possess your souls. Luke 21:16-19
savedbygrace
Supporting Member

Postby runner4jesus on Wed Mar 04, 2009 10:19 am

:lol: Joel Osteen's interview with Glenn Beck reveals where this man is coming from. He's a nice guy, but he leaves out the most important parts of preaching the gospel; one of them being SIN. He preached a word about nutrition and pork, bacon etc. and he preaches a lot about relationships. He reminds me of the guy who did Basic Youth Conflicts seminars. His service is basically just that. Even though the BYC seminars had much more of the word of God than he ever uses. He refers to the bible and parts of it; mostly old testament stories, but seldom gives chapter and verse. He preaches a half baked sermon that wouldn't save a fly. Only God knows, but this only produces FALSE CONVERTS, lukewarm Christians and a pleasant atmosphere.
runner4jesus

Postby Final Trumpet on Wed Mar 04, 2009 12:23 pm

tillenterprises wrote:
ObjectsAppearCloser wrote:My friend that's why it's called deception-some truths mixed in with lies. Don't get fooled with the few things that seem "alright."

I understand and appreciate your concern, and I know that Jesus is ONLY way to salvation. My point is that I see way to many so-called Christians walking around looking depressed, broke, and hopeless all the time (aka my sister in law). How does that provide a good witness of our Lord? While we all have trying times and situations, we should project an attitude of faith at all times, so we can help and encourage others who are hurting to lay their concerns on the Lord and lead them to know that Jesus loves them and cares about them, and that He died for them. You don't draw people to you by looking suicidal all the time! That's something we can learn from Osteen, and I wish more pastors would be more encouraging once in awhile. Also, the show you see on TV is not the complete service at Lakewood. From what I see, they do pray the sinner's prayer and profess Jesus as Lord, and their worship team is great. I understand that when you watch the TV show that doesn't come out as strongly as it should, and there ARE things that I wish Osteen would talk about more. Use discernment, but also don't completely condemn people as false prophets without looking at everything. I will continue to pray for discernment about Osteen, but until I hear him come out with a doctrine directly contradicting the Word, I will continue to use what I can from him, as well as from here, Hal Lindsey, Hagee, etc. :grin:

Hmmm...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vPeYUXuuRUM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=di9-PebV634

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TFcVLs__5hw

These are from the horses mouth. He is preaching a false, feel good gospel, plain and simple.

Days of Noah

Sir Isaac Newton

Final Trumpet

Postby burien1 on Wed Mar 04, 2009 12:38 pm

Was`nt the title to Olsteen`s book 'Your Best Life Now' ? Really, doesn`t that say it all ?
Psalm 119:105; Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path.
burien1

Postby GodsStudent on Wed Mar 04, 2009 12:48 pm

burien1 wrote:Was`nt the title to Olsteen`s book 'Your Best Life Now' ? Really, doesn`t that say it all ?

:lol: :a3:
GodsStudent
Supporting Member

Postby Finaldash on Wed Mar 04, 2009 1:13 pm

Hank Hanegraaff has an excellent book on these modern false teachers. He exposes them for who they really are... including Osteen.
It's called "Christianity in Crisis: 21st century" http://www.equip.org/site/c.muI1LaMNJrE ... atters.htm

I have the first version that was released in the 90's.
Finaldash
Supporting Member

Return to Apostasy Watch