Discussion not limited to prophecy.

Perry Stone-the mark

Postby mrgravyard49 on Sun Jan 09, 2011 4:26 pm

mrgravyard49

Re: Perry Stone-the mark

Postby Tevye on Sun Jan 09, 2011 5:46 pm

Thank you for sharing this.
It was interesting for a while
and then he kind of refutes the UPC barcode as the mark.
Claiming that no woman would want it on their forehead.
I would have to disagree with him there.
If it meant that no woman (or man) could not ever buy anthing again
then believe me, there would be women, (and men) lining up to get it.
Women are shoppers, (of course men are too)
but women are the largest target market in advertising.
So if it came to them not being able to shop anymore
then I would wager a million dollars, if I had it
that they would drop any concern about how it looked and take it.

I do applaude him for his courage to address this topic
many pastors are not as brave to cross that threshold.

Logically, the most probable medium for the mark of the beast
is the UPC barcode. Why? It is convienient, and is fully in use worldwide.

The parts of the mark are this:
It is a man's number. (or the number of a man)
In light of a coming online numbering system for every citizen
this would be a number for every person, or a number for every man. (or woman)

It is the number of his name.
I believe it is going to be a number connected to the name of the beast.

The parameters of this number will be known by an identifier, a 6 another 6 and a final 6.
The UPC barcode has the appearance of the 6's, and could be expanded for more internal numbering.
It makes sense that in light of a struggling economy worldwide, an influential leader wanting total control
would be pressured by his minions to cut bugeting or whatever and use a system that has already been paid for.
A system, that he would not have to establish in every store in every country around the globe.
He would take advantage of a system of exchange fully in place and tested for errors.
He would use something that the culture of the day would approve of, a tatoo.
He would appeal to the vanity of some by providing that the ink could come in multiple colors
or be invisible to the human eye. One that would only be exposed by a special light.
The barcode tatoo.
It is coming.
...and so is the Lord Yeshua.

King David had angered God
by calling for a numbering or count of the people
1 Chronicles 21
a violation, an offense against the heart of God.
An offense that will be repeated and bring on His wrath.
Why? Because we are not mere slaves or numbered people
we are created in His image, we are His workmanship
created in Christ Jesus.
Every one of His children are special to Him
and He loves them, and calls them all by name.
Not by number.
Tevye

Postby Abiding in His Word on Sun Jan 09, 2011 6:02 pm

He would use something that the culture of the day would approve of, a tatoo.
He would appeal to the vanity of some by providing that the ink could come in multiple colors
or be invisible to the human eye. One that would only be exposed by a special light.

If I remember correctly, years ago when entering a fair or circus (or maybe it was Disney World), our hand was stamped with a pass that was invisible. We could leave the grounds at any time during the day and upon re-entering, simply passing our hand under such a light that showed the stamp as proof of having paid earlier in the day.

Does anyone else remember such a system?
Abiding in His Word
SITE ADMIN

Postby Spreading Salt on Sun Jan 09, 2011 6:55 pm

Invisible ink is already out there folks. You bet your bippy that our vain society won't all want to see whatever the mark is marring their faces, regardless of the reason why they are getting it. Tattoos are definitely ingrained in our culture today. No big deal to get one, ya know? In fact, it's the latest and greatest to get something somewhere. For the vain, no big deal, just use the invisible ink. We are so ready for the mark to be implemented tomorrow, regardless of the method or the whatever it will be.
:2cents:
SS
Spreading Salt
Supporting Member

Postby aaron on Sun Jan 09, 2011 6:56 pm

That system is in use everywhere around here, Abiding. At Valleyfair, in the Twin Cities area, as well as the small town county fairs in Northern Minnesota.
Fight the good fight of faith, lay hold on eternal life, whereunto thou art also called, and hast professed a good profession before many witnesses.
-1 Timothy 6:12
aaron

Postby Tevye on Sun Jan 09, 2011 7:16 pm

I remember AIHW.
I think it was back in '79 when we went to Disney World.
(or maybe it was later on at Knott's Berry Farm)

Something like this: Link

Or they may choose to use something like:
Invisible RFID Ink Safe For Cattle And People, Company Says
The process developed by Somark involves a geometric array of micro-needles and an ink capsule,
which is used to 'tattoo' an animal. The ink can be detected from 4 feet away.
-
Co-founder Mark Pydynowski said during an interview Wednesday
that the ink doesn't contain any metals and can be either invisible or colored.
informationweek.com
:eek:
It's all pretty heavy when you really start to think about it.
Like having all the pieces of a puzzle,
sitting down and putting them in their proper place.
Tevye

Postby watching on Sun Jan 09, 2011 7:32 pm

Hi Abiding,

Abiding in His Word wrote:Does anyone else remember such a system?

Yes, I remember.

My first experience with invisible ink was at Chuck E. Cheese's, a long, long time ago.

:lol:
watching

Postby Abiding in His Word on Sun Jan 09, 2011 7:45 pm

Just thought you'd get a kick out of knowing that Murine (for the eyes) also shows up under black lights.

If you use it and a bit drips on your face, then go to a disco place (do they have those anymore?), the Murine on your face will show up very brightly! :lol: :bag:
Abiding in His Word
SITE ADMIN

Postby Tevye on Sun Jan 09, 2011 7:48 pm

lol :grin:

If you put in your eyes there
will they glow too?

How wild is that?
:mrgreen:
Tevye

Postby watching on Sun Jan 09, 2011 7:56 pm

Hi Abiding,

It's been almost 30 years since the last time I've been to a disco, but I'll keep that in mind.

:lol:
watching

Postby T-Minus? on Mon Jan 10, 2011 7:37 am

The RFID tags are nothing new albeit they are much smaller now. They have in fact been around for some time and are smaller than a grain of rice. The older designs employed a mechanical spring attached to a condensor and microchip. The scanner caused the spring to vibrate and the kinetic energy was converted and transferred into the condenser. The electrical energy then caused the resident chip to braodcast to the scanner the "account number" which was stored in a mainframe system and accessed the file of information associated with the account number. All of your data was not on the chip-only your unique account number. There will be no need for biological compatibility testing as that has already been accomplished on livestock and pets for years.Maranatha!!
T-Minus?

Postby jgilberAZ on Mon Jan 10, 2011 9:14 am

Look at these:

http://www.articque.com/uploads/images/exemples/map-usa-world-electricity-2004.png

http://www.scientificamerican.com/article.cfm?id=electricity-gap-developing-countries-energy-wood-charcoal
An estimated 79 percent of the people in the Third World -- the 50 poorest nations -- have no access to electricity, despite decades of international development work. The total number of individuals without electric power is put at about 1.5 billion, or a quarter of the world's population, concentrated mostly in Africa and southern Asia.

Now, tell me how barcode readers are going to work in all those areas.

The mark is not going to be a barcode.

- Jeff
2 Timothy 2:24a..And the servant of the Lord must not strive ...
The meaning is, that the servant of Christ should be a man of peace. He should not indulge in the feelings which commonly give rise to contention, and which commonly characterize it. He should not struggle for mere victory, even when endeavoring to maintain truth; but should do this, in all cases, with a kind spirit, and a mild temper; with entire candor; with nothing designed to provoke and irritate an adversary; and so that, whatever may be the result of the discussion, "the bond of peace" may, if possible, be preserved.
jgilberAZ

Postby Tevye on Mon Jan 10, 2011 9:37 am

davidarp, eHow Member wrote:UPC barcodes are required for most retail products used worldwide.
In the same fashion a license plate identifies a car, the UPC identifies a particular product.
Tevye

Postby jgilberAZ on Mon Jan 10, 2011 10:57 am

Revelation 13
16 Also it causes all, both small and great, both rich and poor, both free and slave, [5] to be marked on the right hand or the forehead, 17 so that no one can buy or sell unless he has the mark, that is, the name of the beast or the number of its name.

Don't know too many people in Africa (and much of the Middle East) who would be buying "retail products." But, I would imagine most of them would be buying or selling the basic necessities ... food, shelter, livestock, etc.

- Jeff
The meaning is, that the servant of Christ should be a man of peace. He should not indulge in the feelings which commonly give rise to contention, and which commonly characterize it. He should not struggle for mere victory, even when endeavoring to maintain truth; but should do this, in all cases, with a kind spirit, and a mild temper; with entire candor; with nothing designed to provoke and irritate an adversary; and so that, whatever may be the result of the discussion, "the bond of peace" may, if possible, be preserved.
jgilberAZ

Postby Abiding in His Word on Mon Jan 10, 2011 11:22 am

If the purpose of the mark is for buying and/or selling, is it possible for a system of "brokering" might be established in third-world countries? The "broker" (or extortionist) takes the mark and distributes food or services with grossly inflated costs to those without the mark?
Abiding in His Word
SITE ADMIN

Postby watching on Mon Jan 10, 2011 12:50 pm

Revelation 13:16-18 (King James Version)

16And he causeth all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and bond, to receive a mark (charagma) in their right hand, or in their foreheads:

17And that no man might buy or sell, save he that had the mark (charagma), or the name of the beast, or the number of his name.

18Here is wisdom. Let him that hath understanding count the number of the beast: for it is the number of a man; and his number is Six hundred threescore and six.

emphasis mine
Last edited by watching on Mon Jan 10, 2011 2:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
watching

Postby jgilberAZ on Mon Jan 10, 2011 1:11 pm

We've covered this before. Do a search.

I'm not going repeat myself in this, the third thread, discussing the mark.

- Jeff
jgilberAZ

Postby Tevye on Mon Jan 10, 2011 1:31 pm

Well, to be true to the OP
Perry Stone in his video this week
does say:

"the word mark is the greek word, charagma, and it means, a scratch etching,
or a stamp ON the body
, it can, it can be like a tatoo."

...he appears to, not completely rule it out.
Which is wise, as we can not fully know
until it becomes a reality.

I was thinking about it last night
how many believers will be surprised
well mabye even shocked,
that they are still here, when it comes,
watching it all unfold before their eyes.
Whatever it pans out to be,
one thing is for sure, it will be.
And we believers in Christ Jesus
must avoid it at all costs,
and above all, trust Yeshua.
He will take care of you.

Plumb - "God Will Take Care Of You" - (video link)
Tevye

Postby jgilberAZ on Mon Jan 10, 2011 1:59 pm

jgilberAZ

Postby watching on Mon Jan 10, 2011 2:03 pm

jgilberAZ wrote:We've covered this before. Do a search.

I'm not going repeat myself in this, the third thread, discussing the mark.

- Jeff

I have no desire to repeat myself either, Jeff.

I was simply pointing out what the scripture says, which may, or may not, answer your dilemma:

jgilberAZ wrote:
An estimated 79 percent of the people in the Third World -- the 50 poorest nations -- have no access to electricity, despite decades of international development work. The total number of individuals without electric power is put at about 1.5 billion, or a quarter of the world's population, concentrated mostly in Africa and southern Asia.

Now, tell me how barcode readers are going to work in all those areas.
watching

Postby watching on Tue Jan 11, 2011 9:00 am

I would just like to point out, that even in the Greek today, if I wanted to refer to a "distinguishing mark" on someone's skin, I would probably use a form of the following word:

σημεῖον

Here is the Blue Letter Bible definition:

σημεῖον

Transliteration

sēmeion

Pronunciation

sā-mā'-on (Key)

1) a sign, mark, token

a) that by which a person or a thing is distinguished from others and is known

b) a sign, prodigy, portent, i.e. an unusual occurrence, transcending the common course of nature

1) of signs portending remarkable events soon to happen

2) of miracles and wonders by which God authenticates the men sent by him, or by which men prove that the cause they are pleading is God's

http://www.blueletterbible.org/lang/lexicon/lexicon.cfm?Strongs=G4592&t=KJV

Here is the Greek-English dictionary:

mark [mArk] ουσ. σημάδι, σημείο: time left its marks on.. ο χρόνος άφησε τα σημάδια του σε.. § punctuation marks σημεία στίξης # ένδειξη, δείγμα: as a mark of my respect ως ένδειξη του σεβασμού μου # σήμα, διακριτικό, γνώρισμα: the temple bears every mark of.. ο ναός φέρει όλα τα γνωρίσματα τού.. § identification mark αναγνωριστικό σήμα § distinguishing mark διακριτικό σημείο # αποτύπωμα, ίχνος: tyre marks ίχνη από ελαστικά, ροδιές # κηλίδα, στίγμα: who made these marks on the envelope? ποιός έκανε αυτές τις κηλίδες στο φάκελο; # ουλή, σημάδι: he has a mark on his cheek έχει ένα σημάδι στο μάγουλο # βαθμός, βαθμολογία: he got high marks πήρε υψηλούς βαθμούς # σταυρός αντί υπογραφής: as he was illiterate, he made his mark όντας αγράμματος, έβαλε ένα σταυρό αντί υπογραφής # γραμμή αφετηρίας: on your marks, get set, go! λάβατε θέσεις, έτοιμοι, μαρς! # σκοπόσημο, στόχος: hit the mark κτυπώ ή βρίσκω το στόχο # οικον. (νομισματική μονάδα:) μάρκο # ΦΡ. boundary mark οροθέσιο § beside the mark 1. εκτός θέματος > 2. άστοχος § examination marks βαθμολογία εξέτασης § full marks (ως βαθμολογία:) άριστα: get full marks παίρνω άριστα § interrogation ή question mark γραμμ. ερωτηματικό (σημείο) § miss the mark αστοχώ, ξαστοχώ § overshoot the mark υπερακοντίζω § overstep the mark ιδ. υπερβαίνω τα εσκαμμένα § save the mark! συγγνώμη για την έκφραση!

http://dictionary.in.gr/?searchText=mark

However, if I wanted to refer to an engraving, I would use one of the following words:

From Greek-English Dictionary:

engraving [ingrEiving] ουσ. εγχάραξη, κν. "σκάλισμα" # χαρακτική: zinc engraving τσιγκογραφία, τσιγκοχαρακτική # τέχνημα χαρακτικής, κν. γκραβούρα # ΦΡ. wood engraving ξυλογραφία

http://dictionary.in.gr/?searchText=engraving

or to engrave:

Αποτελέσματα αναζήτησης για 'engrave':
1 engrave [ingrEiv] ρ. χαράσσω, κν. "σκαλίζω": he engraved his initials on.. χάραξε/σκάλισε τα αρχικά του σε.. # εγχαράσσω, εντυπώνω, χαράζω ανεξίτηλα: that incident will be forever engraved in my memory το επεισόδιο αυτό θα μείνει για πάντα χαραγμένο στη μνήμη μου
2 engraver [ingrEiver] ουσ. χαράκτης # ΦΡ. process engraver 1. φωτολιθογράφος > 2. φωτοχαράκτης

http://dictionary.in.gr/?searchText=engrave

From Blue Letter Bible:

χάραγμα

Transliteration

charagma

Pronunciation

khä'-räg-mä (Key)

1) a stamp, an imprinted mark

a) of the mark stamped on the forehead or the right hand as the badge of the followers of the Antichrist

b) the mark branded upon horses

2) thing carved, sculpture, graven work

a) of idolatrous images

http://www.blueletterbible.org/lang/lexicon/lexicon.cfm?Strongs=G5480&t=KJV
watching

Postby watching on Tue Jan 11, 2011 11:03 am

Hi Tevye,

I just watched the Perry Stone video, and later on in his speech, in regard to his comment about the UPC bar code, he said, "Now this is where the invisible ink comes in." (or something to that affect)

Unfortunately, the video was interrupted shortly after that.

I guess you have to buy the DVD to hear the rest of the speech. :roll:
Last edited by watching on Tue Jan 11, 2011 6:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
watching

Postby Shelby on Tue Jan 11, 2011 4:34 pm

I worked for a company several years ago called Durand Wayland. They specialized in farming sprayers. A man there invented an invisible tattoo for scanning fruit; it could only be seen under a black type of light. It was on the Atlanta news. I always wondered if that would be the MOB.
The Spirit and the bride say, Come! And let him who hears say, Come! Whoever is thirsty, let him come; and whoever wishes, let him take the free gift of the water of life.
Rev. 22:17
Shelby

Postby T-Minus? on Tue Jan 11, 2011 8:34 pm

I used to believe that for the sake of vanity,mostly people would decline a visible mark on thier body. However in recent years it seems that tats have become the chic thing to have. But I see young people all the time with lots of bright( some very artistically done) tatoos. So, maybe a visible mark may not be out of the question. But of course this is based on being a westerner. There is more to the world than the USA. Scripture does indicate that the MOB can be detected but is silent as to whether or not it is visible. Time will tell. Maranatha!!
T-Minus?

Postby Jericho on Tue Jan 11, 2011 9:17 pm

T-Minus? wrote:I used to believe that for the sake of vanity,mostly people would decline a visible mark on thier body. However in recent years it seems that tats have become the chic thing to have. But I see young people all the time with lots of bright( some very artistically done) tatoos. So, maybe a visible mark may not be out of the question. But of course this is based on being a westerner. There is more to the world than the USA. Scripture does indicate that the MOB can be detected but is silent as to whether or not it is visible. Time will tell. Maranatha!!

I could see why they would want it visible, to allow everyone to easily recognize who does and doesn't have the mark. That would create alot of peer pressure to get one. Not to mention the huge ego boost the AC would get out of seeing everyone with his mark on them.
Formerly SwordOfGideon
Jericho

Postby watching on Wed Jan 12, 2011 6:53 am

I just want to clarify, in case, my above post is confusing, that the word σημεῖον was not used to describe the mark, but rather the word χάραγμα was.

So, it seems this would indicate, that the "mark" is not just a visible mark, necessarily, but one that is made by using a sharp instrument.

Because a χάραγμα, by definition, is a mark (a result of using a sharp instrument), such as an etching, or an engraving, which has been made by using a sharp instrument.

Just wanted to clarify.

Also, the reason I showed both the Blue Letter Bible definitions, as well as a modern dictionary, is to show that this is how these particular words are used, to this day.
watching

Postby Tevye on Wed Jan 12, 2011 7:08 am

watching wrote:Hi Tevye,

I just watched the Perry Stone video, and later on in his speech, in regard to his comment about the UPC bar code, he said, "Now this is where the invisible ink comes in." (or something to that affect)

Unfortunately, the video was interrupted shortly after that.

I guess you have to buy the DVD to hear the rest of the speech. :roll:

Wow, you're right.
I missed that part.
(not sure how I did
must be my current distraction)
whew :sweat:

Way to go Perry!
Tevye

Return to Whatever (Almost)