She Came to my door, (Warning) May be offensive.

Discussion and debate of Religions that contradict scripture

She Came to my door, (Warning) May be offensive.

Postby pretribber on Wed Oct 21, 2009 5:40 pm

Well this is a first I might say. I have had Jehovah Witnesses knocking at my door, as well as Mormons. Never have I had a person come to my door and hand me a scroll with a ribbon tied around it and tell me she is my neighbor but also of the Baha 'i Faith. In fact I have never even heard of it. She was a very pleasant African American and said she accepts all religions, hmmm. Now I did not know what she was talking about because she showed up right in the middle of me trying to pull dinner out of the oven. So I was polite and promised her that I would look at the scroll as soon as I got dinner out of the oven. I wished I did not have to deal with dinner and had the chance to read the scroll before she walked off. The good news is that she had her address listed at the top of the scroll. Yes folks, after reading the scroll, I have decided I will be talking to her soon, very soon, and it will not be about the Baha 'i faith. I am going to have my wife scan the scroll into her computer when she gets home tonight and I will post it so you can all read it. I will however, remover her address and any other privacy issue related material. But for now, here is what it says word for word. Trust me when I say this. My daughter, who does not follow me in the prophecy discussions, must be listening in because she became worried when she read it and said to me, Isn't this one of the signs you have been talking about dad? I of course said, yep, and we are now closer than ever sweetie, praise the lord. Anyway, here it is without any commercial interruptions.

The Baha'i faith: http://info.bahai.org/
Become A Baha'i: http://www.wellnessprayer.com/becomeabahai.html

The Baha'i Faith

Bahais from various parts of the world

The Baha'i faith is the youngest of the world's independent religions. It's founder Baha'u'llah (1817-1892), is regarded by Baha'is as the most recent in the line of Messengers of God that stretches back beyond recorded time and that includes Abraham, Moses, Buddha, Krishna, Zoroaster, Christ and Muhammad.
The central theme of the Baha'u'llah's message is that humanity is one single race and that the day has come for its unification in one global society. God, Baha'u'llah said, has set in motion historical forces that are breaking down traditional barriers of race, class, creed, and nation, and that will in time, give birth to a universal civilization. The principal challenge facing the peoples of the earth is to accept the fact of their oneness and to assist the processes of unification. One of the purposes of the Baha'i faith is to help make this possible. A worldwide community of some five million Baha'is representative of most of the nations, races, and cultures on earth, are working to give their shared vision of humanity as one global family and the earth as one homeland.
To learn more about the Baha'i Faith, choose one of the links on the menu or contact us at:

This is the content of the scroll she handed me. I am not going to list the links because I find them offensive and not in line with my beliefs.
Moderators, I was not sure where to post this, so feel free to move it to wherever you think the appropriate place is.
pretribber
Supporting Member

Re: She Came to my door, (Warning) May be offensive.

Postby Justasheep on Wed Oct 21, 2009 7:40 pm

Thanks for posting this pretribber!

That's news to me that the Bahai's are getting more aggressive in their proseltyzing. I have had to learn way more about this cult than I ever wanted to know. My wife's ex-husband joined this group a few years ago - shortly after we both came to Christ, and at the same time that he by manipulating the courts (which was easy for him to do since the street in front the courthouse is named after his uncle) got my stepdaughter to go live with him full-time. My stepdaughter was pretty young at the time, but had already given her life to Christ at a bible camp she went to the prior summer (God's timing is perfect). Anyway, these people are dangerous - they will lure many who are not firmly grounded in their faith, and will twist scriptures to make it sound like Christians are just narrow minded biggots.

Anyway, I firmly believe this cult, or something very much like it will be the rise of the one world religion that eventually worships the beast. If you are one that thinks Islam is a big part of the AC regime - watch this group too, they are an offshoot of Shia Islam - with their founders, initially the Bab and the Bahaullah reasoning initially from the Koran that God had to "refresh" his revelation and that people should work together to see one "true" faith all over the world. They claim that the sacred writings of all faiths point to the same God and by twisting the texts and taking the "salad bar" approach to theology they claim that those of us that state that there is one way to salvation, and one name by which men must be save are misguided biggots (that cause all of the world's problems).

Anyway, I hope if other members see this group getting more active they will post it here. I have a suspicion we'll be hearing a lot more about the bahai's as the ACs regime ramps up. The UN just loves the Bahai's too.

Oh- and about my stepdaughter. The Lord is doing a might work there. Even though I know she has to say what her dad wants to hear just to be safe, I can clearly tell by what she says and how she acts that her love for the Lord has not dimmed at all. We talk nearly every day, and I continue to pray that the Lord will help us to be an encouragement for her from afar and will put brothers and sisters in christ near her while she lives in the den of evil where she is now.
:sheep:

Because you have kept my word about patient endurance, I will keep you from the hour of trial that is coming on the whole world, to try those who dwell on the earth. Rev 3:10
Justasheep

Postby pretribber on Wed Oct 21, 2009 8:04 pm

Justasheep wrote:Thanks for posting this pretribber!

That's news to me that the Bahai's are getting more aggressive in their proseltyzing. I have had to learn way more about this cult than I ever wanted to know. My wife's ex-husband joined this group a few years ago - shortly after we both came to Christ, and at the same time that he by manipulating the courts (which was easy for him to do since the street in front the courthouse is named after his uncle) got my stepdaughter to go live with him full-time. My stepdaughter was pretty young at the time, but had already given her life to Christ at a bible camp she went to the prior summer (God's timing is perfect). Anyway, these people are dangerous - they will lure many who are not firmly grounded in their faith, and will twist scriptures to make it sound like Christians are just narrow minded biggots.

Anyway, I firmly believe this cult, or something very much like it will be the rise of the one world religion that eventually worships the beast. If you are one that thinks Islam is a big part of the AC regime - watch this group too, they are an offshoot of Shia Islam - with their founders, initially the Bab and the Bahaullah reasoning initially from the Koran that God had to "refresh" his revelation and that people should work together to see one "true" faith all over the world. They claim that the sacred writings of all faiths point to the same God and by twisting the texts and taking the "salad bar" approach to theology they claim that those of us that state that there is one way to salvation, and one name by which men must be save are misguided biggots (that cause all of the world's problems).

Anyway, I hope if other members see this group getting more active they will post it here. I have a suspicion we'll be hearing a lot more about the bahai's as the ACs regime ramps up. The UN just loves the Bahai's too.

Oh- and about my stepdaughter. The Lord is doing a might work there. Even though I know she has to say what her dad wants to hear just to be safe, I can clearly tell by what she says and how she acts that her love for the Lord has not dimmed at all. We talk nearly every day, and I continue to pray that the Lord will help us to be an encouragement for her from afar and will put brothers and sisters in christ near her while she lives in the den of evil where she is now.

Lets pray that your daughter continues to wear her armor. My daughter is firmly planted in Jesus as well but this really got her to thinking about a lot of things I have been saying about the AC and the one world false religion. Frankly, I have never even heard of these people before. There religion sounds very scary and something that needs to be avoided at all cost. Thanks for your posting. I learned a lot from it.
pretribber
Supporting Member

Postby wimsmom on Wed Oct 21, 2009 9:12 pm

Our daughter (this is Mrs. Justasheep) tells me that my ex and his wife actually host a weekly b'hai group, "kind of like your christian bible study". I think I replied with, "not at all like it." Last year during the Christmas season, our daughter also got to sing in the ba'hai sponsored interfaith choir. :puke:
wimsmom

Postby pretribber on Wed Oct 21, 2009 9:29 pm

wimsmom wrote:Our daughter (this is Mrs. Justasheep) tells me that my ex and his wife actually host a weekly b'hai group, "kind of like your christian bible study". I think I replied with, "not at all like it." Last year during the Christmas season, our daughter also got to sing in the ba'hai sponsored interfaith choir. :puke:

Indoctrination at its best. How does your daughter feel about this? Is she old enough to say, "Hey, I want no part of this false religion." Or does she have to do as she is told?
pretribber
Supporting Member

Postby Resurrection Torchlight on Thu Oct 22, 2009 5:29 am

the b'hai views are very much in line with the new age movement's views. It seems that every mainline "religion" has an offshoot like this. The Jews have their Kabbalah, The Christians have the Emerging/contemplative movement, and muslims have the B'hai. Of course the New age movement is really an offshoot of eastern religions such as Buddhism.

I think you are right to be concerned

RT
Resurrection Torchlight

Postby Justasheep on Thu Oct 22, 2009 7:32 am

pretribber wrote: Indoctrination at its best.

Unfortunately, she has to do as she's told and isn't in a place where she can't criticize anything openly. This man is deeply evil, to a level where he will make her life a living hell if she speaks out critically about anything he says or does.

Last year she was at our home for a visit over Easter, and the whole time he was text messaging her and leaving messages to her criticizing the Gospel, saying it made no sense. My stepdaughter was incredibly embarassed by his antics, I could tell she wanted know part with insulting Jesus or the Bible. He fits right in with the Bahai's because he hates God for making him blind. He told my wife one time when they were married that one day he would stand before God and demand to know why God made him blind. My thought is, good luck with that when you are standing before the white throne of judgement. It's hard, but we pray even for this man that God would bring him to his knees and show him his glory before its too late - because if I ever knew anyone that it would take a miracle to save (as if it didn't take that for all of us) it would be this man.
:sheep:

Because you have kept my word about patient endurance, I will keep you from the hour of trial that is coming on the whole world, to try those who dwell on the earth. Rev 3:10
Justasheep

Postby wimsmom on Thu Oct 22, 2009 8:10 am

:praying: :grrr: :a3:

It is hard to love one's enemies, and yet I don't wish hell on anyone. God knows how undeserving of His grace I am. I also know that God's ways are not our ways. Save them Lord and still, come quickly.
wimsmom

Postby pretribber on Thu Oct 22, 2009 10:47 am

Justasheep wrote:

Unfortunately, she has to do as she's told and isn't in a place where she can't criticize anything openly. This man is deeply evil, to a level where he will make her life a living hell if she speaks out critically about anything he says or does.

Last year she was at our home for a visit over Easter, and the whole time he was text messaging her and leaving messages to her criticizing the Gospel, saying it made no sense. My stepdaughter was incredibly embarrassed by his antics, I could tell she wanted know part with insulting Jesus or the Bible. He fits right in with the Bahai's because he hates God for making him blind. He told my wife one time when they were married that one day he would stand before God and demand to know why God made him blind. My thought is, good luck with that when you are standing before the white throne of judgment. It's hard, but we pray even for this man that God would bring him to his knees and show him his glory before its too late - because if I ever knew anyone that it would take a miracle to save (as if it didn't take that for all of us) it would be this man.

That's interesting, demand from God an answer. You know, I think just about everyone has at least one question to ask God about something. But to demand an answer from our God is another thing. I don't think that is going to go over very well with God or even go well for the blind man demanding the answer. I really am sorry your daughter is going through this. I am sure she has someone watching out for her and hopefully, some day soon, she will be able to break away from them for good. Prayers are with her.
pretribber
Supporting Member

Postby Jericho on Thu Oct 22, 2009 12:38 pm

I've never heard about this particular religion either, tho the message is a familiar one. The scroll sounds like something you would hear in an Alliance of Civilization video.
Formerly SwordOfGideon
Jericho

Postby NewlyBorninChrist on Sat Oct 24, 2009 8:23 am

pretribber wrote:
Justasheep wrote:

Last year she was at our home for a visit over Easter, and the whole time he was text messaging her and leaving messages to her criticizing the Gospel, saying it made no sense. My stepdaughter was incredibly embarrassed by his antics, I could tell she wanted know part with insulting Jesus or the Bible. He fits right in with the Bahai's because he hates God for making him blind. He told my wife one time when they were married that one day he would stand before God and demand to know why God made him blind. My thought is, good luck with that when you are standing before the white throne of judgment. It's hard, but we pray even for this man that God would bring him to his knees and show him his glory before its too late - because if I ever knew anyone that it would take a miracle to save (as if it didn't take that for all of us) it would be this man.

That's interesting, demand from God an answer. You know, I think just about everyone has at least one question to ask God about something. But to demand an answer from our God is another thing. I don't think that is going to go over very well with God or even go well for the blind man demanding the answer. I really am sorry your daughter is going through this. I am sure she has someone watching out for her and hopefully, some day soon, she will be able to break away from them for good. Prayers are with her.

I remember my reprobate mind quite well and how self-centered I used to be and how I would get angry with God and demand answers if I didn't get my way. I felt as if God owed me something for putting me on this miserable earth and things were going to be my way or I would scream, whine, and pitch a fit. Humility came hard but it was well worth it and praise the Lord that he is patient, long-suffering, and so willing to forgive and forget my sin because I would have pinched my little head off and thrown myself straight into the fires of hell. In fact, I would have made a special place in hell for whiners and thrown myself into it. Yeah I can relate to how someone could be so spiritually blind and foolish enough to make demands of the Most High God because I used to be one of them and not too long ago. Thank you Jesus for saving me!!!

YBIC
Rob
NewlyBorninChrist

Postby Jericho on Sat Oct 24, 2009 9:37 am

pretribber wrote:
Justasheep wrote:

He may think he'll demand answer's, but when he's actually in the presence of God that will be another story. Even demon's tremble before God. I'm reminded of a man, I believe from Australia, who was born without arms or legs. He could easily be jaded and angry with God but he doesn't. He uses that as his testimony, and in doing so has brought others to Christ. The blind fellow could be doing the same thing, but he "chooses" not to.
Formerly SwordOfGideon
Jericho

Return to Other Religions Discussion & Debate